Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jswiftyjswifty Posts: 19
    Request internet quotes from other dealers in your area to be sure you are getting a good price.
  • dgrebdgreb Posts: 51
    odugs,

How much is your trade in worth? Are you aware of the cash for clunkers initiative starting around August time? However there some conditions. Check out CARS
  • odugsodugs Posts: 5
    Hi dgreb,
    Unfortunately, my trade in is only worth between 500-1000 dollars. I am also aware of the cash for clunkers bill but I have had the past luck and now present misfortune of owning one of the most reliable gas savers. The mirage gets me about 30mpg highway. It has a small tank but the bill does not cover tank size as far as I can see and read (I wish it did). Also the cash for clunkers timeline I believe starts this July and ends in september- http://www.cars.gov/
  • oliverjiaoliverjia Posts: 3
    Hi Guys,
    Just got a $20,000 OTD quote for a 2009 accord lx from a local dealer here in Greenbelt, MD. How do you guys think about this deal?
    Have not talked with them about the finance rate yet, anyone knows the current finance rate for accord (36 month)? My credit score is around 700 I believe.
    Thanks in advance!
  • odugsodugs Posts: 5
    Hi oliverjia,
    make sure that their out the door breakdown is not based on you taking Accords discount (1500 i think) and then forfeiting the 2.9-3.9% finance rate. These deals are either or deals. I'm in NY and I just got a quote of 20900 for an Accord LX so yours is better than mine OTD. I ended up purchasing a Toyota 2010 LE for 20799 after all said and done. OTD was 20000 for my Toyota financed at 3.9% for 5yrs although by my calculations I will pay up in 2.5 to 3yrs. I had to forfeit Toyotas $750.00 discount. Goodluck! Please let me know how it goes. Experience will prepare me for next time.

PS: Remember you get an IRS return for all sales Taxes on New Cars. So in essence I have only paid about 19000. (I live in a high tax county)
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,578
    Just test drove one of these puppies with the power seat option and Honda & Toyota you've got some stiff competition out there. Seat was super comfortable and the car drove super smoothly with no perceptible bump with the gear changes...smooth up the power band. Having driven all three now...Accord, Camry & Sonata...all drive the same and if a blindfold on, doubt most would be able to tell the difference...REALLY!
    And salesman said the 2010 Sonata will be a different looking animal with new tail lights and Genesis style grill...should be a real looker. At this stage of my life with my spinal issues, I now realize that I need a power seated car to drive pain free. Only reason why I've started to look again. Gotta felling that I might just end up with one of these 3 cars before the year is out.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• tqflyingtqflying Posts: 1
    hi, do you mind telling me from which dealer you brought? I am at Atlanta and buying an Accord EX too. Thanks a lot!
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 790
    You should be able to get at least another $500 or so off that price, maybe even $1000. Just don't let them low-ball you on the Altima you're trading in.

Be sure to use Edmunds TMV to check the values of both cars in your ZIP Code.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 790
    I've dealt with most of the Honda dealers in the north-metro Atlanta area- my best experiences were Ed Voyles in Smyrna and Hennessey in Woodstock. I'm NOT a fan of Honda Carland in Roswell (or Cartersville) or Gwinnett Place Honda.

If you haven't already, you should price the specific car (trim level, color, transmission, etc) using Edmunds TMV (just go to Edmunds.com, click New Cars, Price w/ Options and follow the instructions). Once you get to the TMV summary, scroll down and you'll see the option to get quotes from various local dealers. It's worth a shot to let them all give you a quote! Can't hurt...

Just my two cents...
  • laxvenkatlaxvenkat Posts: 2
    Hi Odugs,

Just a note on your point on tax. You do not get the entire sales tax back. You only get to deduct it from your income, with the result, your net savng will be about 20-30% of the sales tax paid (depending on your tax bracket).

Just wanted to clarify...

Cheers,
    Lax
  • laxvenkatlaxvenkat Posts: 2
    Hi guys,

After much research on this forum and a lot of email haggling with dealers in the Bay Area I finally I bought an Accord EX-L on July 3rd from Livermore Honda for $22,400 +tax & registration. The experience with them was pleasant. Previously, the best quote I had got was $22,700 from a couple of dealers - Dublin Honda and Hayward Honda. However Livermore enticed me with a better offer. I thought the price was fairly decent.

Now, I realize that I could have possibly got a beetr deal from Tracy Honda (20 miles east of Livermore) - Same price on car + $500 gift card from the city of Tracy. apparantly the city of Tracy are running a promotion to incentivise businesses in Tracy.

Has any one bought from Tracy and got the gift card? Also, what do you guys think about the price I paid.

Cheers,
    Lax
  • akaatlakaatl Posts: 1
    Hi All,

I am looking for new Accord 09, EX-L. This is the first time I am buying a car.

So far I have a quote of 22,600 including destination and a 24,830 drive out price. Do you think this is a good price?

How much lower can I make my offer since this is the quote I got from them over the phone/email?

Also, which delaer would you recommend based on your experience?

Thanks!
  • This is in response to all those asking about good dealers in Atlanta. I dealt with them all and Hennessy Honda was the best by far. Its where I bought my EX from. I recommend going through the Costco car buying program if you have a membership with them. Hennessy is the only dealer in the area that is in the program. Good luck.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    IMHO the Costco program is worthless nowadays. Back in the day when dealers could get close to sticker for a car it was a good deal. Now you can get better deals by shopping all dealers then through the official Costco dealer.
  • jim007jim007 Posts: 3
    Ditto the worthless Costco program.....today it is simply not competitive
  • Hello ~
    We are having a conference at our home related to these two vehicles...the dealership --two separate sales folks ---are pretty --hohum about the EX-L NAV/RES
    are we missing something ? Is there a better incentive for them to sell the EX-L -without the NAV/RES? -Or- are they too practical and think those two add -ons are just too pricey ? Which certainly seems that they are ----we would really like the NAV --love the screen ---however ---that isn't possible without the RES ....??
    Your thoughts??? Anyone??

:)
  • oliverjiaoliverjia Posts: 3
    Hi odugs,
    I emailed one more dealer in silver spring MD and it turned out to be fortunate for me. I got a quote of $19600 OTD for a LX from internet salesman. I went to their dealership yesterday and negotiated with the manager and was able to knock down another $400 so my final is $19200 OTD with 2.9% APR for 36 months. The dealer there was really nice and professional, no hidden charges, no tricks and games. The whole buying exprience was very pleasant.
    My conclusion is you have to find the right dealership, maybe at the right time, in order to get a good deal. All the other dealerships gave much higher bottomline-price, around $20000 OTD. So its really important that you find a right dealership.
    regards,
    oliverjia
  • jaguars3jaguars3 Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any experience with purchasing the 09 Accord LX with auto in Jacksonville, FL area? I got a quote from one dealer for $18,500 plus tax and fees. Is that a good price? I was also thinking about the 2010 Camry and Hyundai Sonata. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  • gmcgrathgmcgrath Posts: 7
    Any of guys know the new honda rebates from 07/07/2009? and the finance rates. Honda sales are down by 34 % for the month of june and i dont see any rebates and finance details any where. Did they took out if so i will go with a toyota which 2000 bucks on some cars.
  • The reason none are listed is because their current offer just expired (7/6/09). I am assuming they will post new offers soon... that's basically the only reason I am waiting to buy mine - to see what offers they are going to have.

If anyone knows, please enlighten us! But yeah, that's the reason there are none, they are probably making up new offers.