Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• daj3daj3 Posts: 2
    I purchased my Accord just under the wire to get the combined incentive of $1500 and the 3.9% Financing. Seeing the new incentives I'm glad I made my purchase. Based on this, the final purchase price including destination fee was $22,900 for the 2009 Automatic EX-L with no Nav. Can anyone let me know if my neogotations skills paid off or not?

Thanks
    Donna
  • ds09ds09 Posts: 6
    also wanted to know what's main difference from 09
  • Unfortunately, no one knows yet. Not even dealers have information on it yet. The dealer I am getting my 2010 from said they need to put in their first order by July 17th for the cars, so I am assuming they will know something by then.

What is known about the 2010s is that there will be no major changes to the exterior and most likely not the interior either. It's still the same 'generation' of Accord, so expect subtle differences.

The next major change to the Accord is supposedly going to be 2012 which will be the last year the Accord name is used.
  • Hello,

This is a response to Josh and other folks who want to buy or lease a Honda vehicle. Please read my evaluation of this dealership in West Covina:

Honda-Norm Reeves Honda Superstore 1840 E Garvey Ave S, West Covina, California 91791-1909.

It's a newly renovated dealership, has a beautiful showroom--they have great Customer Service!

I had an excellent experience at this newly renovated dealership Norm Reeves Honda in West Covina on Saturday, July 4, 2009. I bought a 2009 Honda Accord EX model with a moon roof. Through the AAA website, I was contacted by the very nice AAA Rep and was told that I can get the car $350 above invoice price. As an AAA Member, they also gave me a 15% discount on accessories including alarm/security system

They gave me a fantastic deal: I talked with Joey, Salesman. I mentioned to him what I was able to afford. He checked his computer and said it was okay.

I recommend this dealership because they are trustworthy. They were very good in customer service especially Joey and Lance. They will take care of you and help you. I bought this car for $24,000 out-the-door which included tax and license. I am totally satisfied and happy.
  • I think you did. On 7/4/09 I bought a 2009 Honda Accord EX model, and I paid $24,000 includ. Tax and License.
  • heather23heather23 Posts: 4
    Check http://www.realcartips.com/2009-Honda-Accord-Prices
    According to that site, $24200 would be a great price for V6 EX-L. 24800 wasn't bad but not enough to get me go over budget
  • player98player98 Posts: 54
    heather23 the website you provided is the worst website there is. edmunds (forums) and any other wibsite are much more reliable than realcartips.com.
    although i have not recently looked at that particular website, a month ago when i was purchasing my car many msrps were not correct.
    you need more infomation to determine whether a deal is good or not. remember not all states have the same fees or taxes. i know in some states doc fees can be more than $400 while in my state they usually charge $50. other states pay less taxes i pay 6.25%.
    remember not all markets are the same so while there are some dealers out there in some parts that are willling to sell at incredible prices, dealers in other places will not be as willing. Houston for instance is a hard place to get those amazing deals that a couple of people have been able to get and this is a big city.
    Also the marketing support that dealers get does NOT have to be passed on to you. is not a rebate like the other makes have this is why it is not advertised. see if some without any knowledge of this marketing support goes into the dealer and gets offered $500 below invoice most likely they will be happy so the dealer only used a portion of this support and still gets to keep the rest. although most dealers are willing to give you the whole $1500 marketing suppport they do nto have to.

so if you can get at least $1500 below invoice. you are getting a good deal.
    remember it is only a small percentage of people that actually read this forums so getting $1500 below invoice you are doing much better than the rest of the general public.

again i would not trust that website
  • jswiftyjswifty Posts: 19
    maybelline6:
    That dealer may have been nice to you, but you overpaid unless Accords are in short supply in your area. Most people visiting this site recently have been paying below invoice on Accords. The average price nationally also has been below invoice for the past month. This is the best website to understand prices nationally and in your area:

http://truecar.com/release/index.html
  • acurapriceacuraprice Posts: 64
    What was the MSRP and the Exterior/Interior color combination?
  • Hi - The MSRP was over $31,000 for the V6 four door accord with Navigation. The color was the metalic gray (the dark gray) with gray leather interior. Hope that helps.
  • ds09ds09 Posts: 6
    Thanks for reply. didn't expect not any major change in 2010 accord but just was not sure.
  • jswiftyjswifty Posts: 19
    The prices on realcartips.com are not necessarily incorrect. The purchaser is supposed to input the base MSRP plus the cost of options, but no taxes or fees. This creates the possibility of a lot of variations in MSRP. The site is valuable for providing a good idea about the maximum percentage that you can hope to save on an Accord purchase now, approximately 17-19%. The site definitely is not totally reliable. Anybody can post a fake price or make a mistake. This forum suffers from the same problem, especially since salespeople can post comments praising their dealerships and prices. The most reliable survey of local, regional and national data is truecar.com.
  • dave4242dave4242 Posts: 8
    Carsdirect.com gives a price of $22672 including destination. The invoice is $23923. This seems like a pretty good deal, doesn't it?
  • acurapriceacuraprice Posts: 64
    Thanks, I think your color is called Polished Metal Metallic (dark gray), which is exactly the color we're after except with black leather interior. I think your price is agressive and probably at or very near the bottom. I believe your probably at around 17.7% off MSRP. I'm looking at a polished metal metallic with black leather interior V-6 w NAV MSRP of $31,575 that I am quoting them $25,500 including all destination, dealer adds, misc fees, etc (everything but TT&L). l"ll go $25,900 but not a penny more...I will walk - too many hungry dealers in town to pay more. If successful, I will wind up paying the following:

Accord V-6 Sedan (EX-L) with Leather & Navigation
    MSRP: $31,575
    Sales Price: $25,900
    Tax 6.25%: $1,619
    Lot Tax .227%: $58
    Title & License: $130
    Drive Out Price: $27,707

P.S. Did you get any special financing options i.e. 0% or 2.9%, or did you just pay cash? Thanks for all your help.
  • dave4242dave4242 Posts: 8
    So I got a price of $22,299 for an EX-L sedan with I4, manual transmission. The dealership also quoted me a conveyance fee of $399. Does everyone pay this?
  • We paid cash but then the finance guy said it will only cost us a few hundred to finance $15, grand so we financed the rest and kept the money in the bank rolled over into a cd. It was at the 2.9% rate. We had no extras on the car. Bought a car cover for $200.00 - 20% off.
    Let me know if you need a reference to the dealer and sales contact to attempt to negotiate a price at $25,900.00 I think if you can get it at $26,400. you're doing great. If the color is what you can live with. You're correct in saying we got a great deal - it was due to knowing the owner. Hope you can find the color you like it was difficult for us and one of the reasons we went lower from $26,400.00. was due to the color. We really didn't care if the dealership said no, and I think they knew that. Oh, the navi is great on the car so is the free XM radio.
    Buck
  • Hey Dave,
    That is about 2 grand too much! You can get a V6 EXL with navi for $400.00 more. We bought our accord 4 door V6-L with Navigation for $25,900.00. So you can easily make an offer without navi at $24,000.00. Good luck.
  • heather23heather23 Posts: 4
    I end up buying an EX 6cyl from another dealer, paying
    Sale price:23050
    doc fee :395
    tag&title :39
    plus sales tax

It's not a better deal compare to the other offer (24800 plus doc fee and TTL for EX-L V6), but I got the color and trim I wanted most. It's not the rock bottom price I saw on internet, but considering the limited EX 6cyl inventory in my area, I'm all happy
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Posts: 749
    If you want the Altima, you should wait for the 2010 because there will be some moderate changes.