Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• acurapriceacuraprice Posts: 64
    I believe you mentioned in a previous post that it was a guy named Martin at Hardin Honda in Anaheim. Let me know if that's correct, I may need him as a point of reference. Thanks again.
  • jlee8071jlee8071 Posts: 8
    Dear all,

I got the following quote. Please let me know if I should go with it. Thank you.

'09 Accord LX
    0 down
    $254 (3yr 36 months)

Drive off= 1st month+Lic. Fee=$648
  • jswiftyjswifty Posts: 19
    A conveyance fee sounds suspicious. When I bought my Accord in PA, I didn't pay a conveyance fee. You need to check on requirements in your state.
  • derdawderdaw Posts: 8
    I took ownership of a new EX-L V6 (Basque Red w/ tan int.) on July 3rd. I opted to not get the NAVpackage I did add a winged spoiler, side molding, moon roof visor, and door edge guards for $26400. This doesn't include TTL, but everything else. I paid cash.
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,865
    Conveyance fee sounds like Connecticut..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Hey Buck,

Can you fax me your invoice showing the price you paid? Dealers down here are not giving me any slack when I offer $25,900. I've walked three dealerships so far this weekend, and I'm staying flexible on the color options (just trying to buy the car). Thanks, Dave
  • beslcbeslc Posts: 7
    I would like to know how you are getting the price of 25900.00 as well. Do you have a trade involved ? That price is putting the vehicle at about 3000.00 below invoice. I am only aware of the 1500 dealer cash being available.

In my area you can get 1500 below invoice as well as the 2.9% , but not even close to the price you are quoting.
  • dave4242dave4242 Posts: 8
    I got a price of $22,229 via AAA for an 09 EX-L 5 speed. They say that is $1950 below invoice.
    He did get the deal. I called and talked to Martin last night at Hardin Honda in Anaheim. He said Mr. Rogers is a good negotiator and we had more dealer cash in June, bla, bla, bla. His price of $25,900 actually puts the car at $2,675 below invoice. So, on his $31,615 MSRP car, If the dealer has $1,500 cash and a 3% holdback of $857 on an invoice of $28,576 (from KBB). The dealer winds up supposedly loosing $318 on the car, which could happen if they needed another volume unit sale to make a monthly goal. Also, dealers on ocassion will get other special money that car buyers and salespeople never ever never never hear about. Relative of mine was a joint partner with others in a major car dealership in Houston years ago.
    I agree with you though. Rarely, unless under extreme circumstances do you ever get into the dealers pocket (their holdback cash). However, this is an historic car buyers market with sales off on average (all brands) 30% YOY - USA Today. You are correct that dealers right now are automatically going below invoice with dealer cash to close deals before another dealership gets the biz. So with a EX-L V6 with NAV car, your looking at $28,576 invoice minus $1,500 gets you the car for $27, 076 all day long. My guess is they will go $26,500 if you work them hard enough. $25,900 was simply the right place at the right time & good negotiating skills of course. Buck, if your reading I would love a faxed copy of your invoice to help me close my deal! Thanks everyone!!
  • jswiftyjswifty Posts: 19
    Honda holdback is 2% of MSRP.
  • odugsodugs Posts: 5
    Yes laxvenkat, you are very correct. I was under the wrong impression for a while. Thanks for clearing up my mistake.
  • Recently bought 2009 Accord White Diamond Pearl EXL V6 from Atlanta for drive out of 26,779. This included pin stripe, all season mats, mud guards and all taxes and fees. We financed for 3 years at 2.9%. Great buying experience!
    :surprise: :surprise: Did it have Navigation? What was the MSRP? Thanks.
  • No navigation. $29,415 plus add ons.
    March 18, 2009......

"I have a quote for the EX-L w. NAV of $26,327.39 and with all fees the OTD price is $28,464.30. Auto dealer is in the Dayton area. "
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------

czufam......Did you wind up purchasing the car? If so, what was the MSRP and your final purchase price? Thanks, Dave
  • I am actually going to try to go to a dealer today and negotiate for the 2009 Accord EX-L V6 (coupe) W/Navi. I got one quote for 26,566. I was wondering what type of deals people are getting to purchase?

I also want to get some accessories, pretty much fully loaded:
    - Front Under Spoiler
    - Side Spoiler
    - Rear Under Spoiler
    - Auto Day/Night Mirror with Compass
    - Electronic Back-up Sensors
    - Honda Remote Engine-Starter System

I got quoted $3,409 for all the accessories installed, i know thats too much as well.
  • dave4242dave4242 Posts: 8
    Just got a quote of $23782.74 OTD for 09 EX-L sedan with 5 speed manual. That was $22229 for the car + $1334.74 for tax, and $220 doc fee. I think that seems pretty good. What do people think? This was through AAA.
  • sram4sram4 Posts: 4
    Hi guys
    I received this quote online from one of the dealers in the Sunnyvale area for 2009 Honda Accord LX Auto:
    Price: $17788 +destination fee $670 +dmv fees $363.75 Tax:1712.45 + doc fees $55. Total out the door $20588.20. Any suggestions on whether this is a good price based on your experiences.

Thanks,
    Sram
  • nelstonenelstone Posts: 1
    Finally! Purchased above car tonight from Criswell Honda dealership in MD after a quote for the following price (close approx numbers): $27,470 MSRP (incl dest. ($670), ad, and the fog lights + backup sensors options added) - $3,850 (discount) + $100 (processing fee) for a total of $23,720 plus TTT. Extremely nice experience at the dealership. The car came with a few add-ons worth about $300.

The deal I think was better than what I got on the AAA website - but should note that this forum, AAA, and other sites are invaluable to any car buyer. Thanks for all the posts.