Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mcy1mcy1 Posts: 2
    Hi everyone-

I am thinking about either LX-P or EX-L here in New York. My questions are:

1) Would I be able to get the price (with current incentives) of LX-P (Sedan, Auto) to $18000 with MSRP of about $23000?
    2) Which one do you think the sales person would give you more "room" for decreasing the price? LX-P or EX-L? The dealership I went seemed to have a lot of EX and EX-L's but not too many LX-Ps. Do LX-P's sell a lot more than EX-Ls?

thank you!
    M
  • rhett78rhett78 Posts: 22
    The downside to the current scenario with Honda is that if the dealer accepts the marketing support, the consumer may not get the preferred interested rates when financing with Honda Credit. It's an either/or situation, wheveas under the previous program you could get both. I shoulda pulled the trigger on the new 09 Accord Coupe before the situation changed....I really do have 20/20 hindsight.

Who knows what other incentive money is available to the dealers if they sell X amount of cars in the specified time period.
  • rhett78rhett78 Posts: 22
    I got a really super price from Gillman Honda Southwest in Houston. They sold the car before I committed to purchase, but the price was right...$23,998 for a new 09 Accord Coupe V6 EX-L w/o nav, and no BS add ons.
  • You are correct. I'm not from Texas.
  • jason50jason50 Posts: 55
    I'm not in NY, but i would think the higher end ones(EX) have more room to negotiate since their margins are higher and thus they can go down more. I think the LX doesn't have that much room to go down vs. EX. I believe the LX sells more than EX, but it really depends on the region or area you're from. From what i saw at my local dealership, many buyers were getting the EX. They wanted the options, bells and whistles, etc.
  • th83th83 Posts: 164
    What dealership in Charlotte did you purchase from? I live in Charlotte, and so far, I haven't had much luck finding a good price on the same car (EX-L I4 automatic). Hendrick quoted me almost $24k before taxes and fees a week ago which left me somewhat discouraged, especially after seeing others in this forum getting the same car for over a grand less (some as low as $22.5k).

What's worse is that other dealers won't even reply to my quote requests. In this economy, you'd think that dealers would be jumping all over anyone who expresses interest in buying a car. Not in this area, and especially not Hendrick Honda. They're just as arrogant as ever.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I was going to go in person and counter Hendrick's offer with $22,500, but I was afraid that I'd be laughed out of the dealership. At least now I know a realistic price that I can shoot for without feeling foolish.
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Posts: 419
    If they have the car in stock, and if you come in on the 30th or 31st, I am pretty sure they would accept $22500 +++ tax , license , and fees.

There is a Honda dealer in Fredricksburg Virginia who will probably go below that. Give them a call or email their Internet Dept.
  • mapman11mapman11 Posts: 4
    I did get the EX-L I4 automatic, and I purchased from Hendrick on South Blvd. Started at offering $22,500 total car price before cash for clunkers trade of $3,500.
    I went in with the price from the USAA car buying service of $22,610 that was good at the Easly, SC Hendricks dealership. The USAA price was before TTT and dealer add ons, and dealer fees. If you get a chance, I would recommend visiting Easly. I think I could have slighly imporoved my deal there, but there was some confusion over mud flaps and wheel locks that I could not get resolved. I went in Hendricks Charlotte and showed them the USAA price and said that I wanted to improve on that. I know what you mean about the arrogant part, I did get some of that. They are very skilled sales people. I do feel that I probably left $250 to $500 on the table, but at the end of the day I was ok with the deal.
    About the internet quotes, I did get responces from 4 of the 5 places I e-mailed. For some I got e-mail addresses from websites and for others I went through the Honda site. Ironically Hendricks Charlotte was the only place that did not respond to my e-mail request for a quote.
  • jswiftyjswifty Posts: 19
    Your quoted price is good, but you can do better in some parts of the country. I bought an EX in a different color in June for a base price of $20,500. The internet quotes I initially received from several dealers were in the range of $21,161 to $21,298. I emailed the dealers asking for counteroffers until arriving at the purchase price. I am in PA.
  • mapman11mapman11 Posts: 4
    I like that idea of e-mailing dealers back for counter offers. Great suggestion, I'll keep that in mind next time around.
  • roy2001roy2001 Posts: 59
    Can you tell the net price before tax/fees?

>gasmizr (Jul 24, 2009 11:28 am)

>Called a few more dealers today, ended up driving away in an EX-L V6 coupe w/o nav. for $26,150 out the door.
  • backfistbackfist Posts: 4
    How does $27,777 sound for a price for an automatic EX-L V6 coupe with navigation?
  • sshvhsshvh Posts: 13
    a sedan goes for $ 26K so extra $ 1.8K seems high though dealers have less supply of coupes.
  • backfistbackfist Posts: 4
    Very few V6 coupes left around here (Denver)
  • tell me what you guys think, i've been shopping around for two weeks and i think this is the best i can do....

2009 Accord LX-P Sedan---Polished Grey....Out the Door Price: $21,100

or

2009 Accord EX Sedan (4 cyl)...out the Door Price: $22,585

good deal (leaning towards the LX-P, dont want to pay $1500ish for basically a sunroof and 13hp) or should i keep shopping????
  • jason50jason50 Posts: 55
    i think that is a good deal for LX-P! the LX price where i live goes for around 20,100 OTD. there is about an $800 difference between the two models.
  • johnj56johnj56 Posts: 13
    Just purchased the Accord EX V6 Mystic Green Metallic $23,500 Plus Tax/Tags/Title.
    Pleasant experience. Just browsing not ready yet. We wanted to look at The Altima, and the Mazda 6. We told The woman at Honda, She was fine with that. We test drove the LX P V-4, and the EX V-6. We were given prices on both with NO pressure. We did not counter offer. We already looked at the Mazda 6 and the fit and finish just did not seem A1 to us. We went to look at the Altima, we were told they no longer make them in V6, and there was less room (at least seemed to us) than the Accord.
    We went right back over to the honda and bought the V6. BTW they offered the LX V-6 @19,673 plus tax tags and title
  • gmcgrathgmcgrath Posts: 7
    Guys,
    I need a suggestion on buying a new car. I am caught between 2009 and 2010
    should I wait till 2010 comes in to the market. Or should I go with a 2009. Honda has a clearance program I don't know the discount from that. will 2010 models has the 1500 marketing incentive.
  • There is not much difference between the price of the 09 and 10 models. I bought the 2009 Accord LX-P for $20100 (TTT already included and didn't pay another dime!). My deal started with $2000 below the invoice price. I had to obtain my own financing (3.99%) for the deal I was getting. I also got free rust proof under-car pray, pinstripe and splash guards. Buy the silver or black one (if you're the type that likes a black car).
  • cszulccszulc Posts: 31
    I am looking for the exact same car. What state are you in?

I'm in Illinois and have a somewhat nearby dealer at $22,998 plus tax/tags for the 09 Accord EX V6 in mystic green or Polished metallic.

Good deal anyone?