Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• player98player98 Posts: 54
    i am not completely sure but the processing fees is probably the same as a doc fee. some people pay over $300 pr this.
    see i had requested some quotes last month in texas for the ex-l and my sell price was higher than yours but since TTL and other fees are the same we are still paying about the same and your sell price is lower. i think its a good price at least it would be for the houston area as you cannot get those great deals that some claim they got in houston.
  • Thanks a lot for your opinions, player98! :)

I didn't mean to wait and buy a 2010. I meant that I was wondering if I could get the 2009 at a even cheaper price next month, since the 2010 is coming out very soon. In other words, I'm getting a 2009 for sure; just not sure whether there will be any differences to buy it this month or next month.

I've not talked to the dealership about the financing yet. We're actually thinking about paying cash -- that way is much simpler. But what do you think? Some people say that this could be a good chance to build up your credit history; but I don't feel it necessary because I use credit cards and have a credit history.

Here is a breakdown of the fees:
    selling price w/ dest. fee: $19,088
    tax 7%
    Reg. fee $299 (4 yrs)
    Doc. fee $249
    Tire tax $7.50
    total: $20,980

What do you guys think?
  • player98player98 Posts: 54
    ok i see. well they might be willing to go lower next month but definitely when they have the 2010 on the dealership they can be way more flexible. maybe not to the same extent next month but waiting until Sep will make it more difficult to get the color combination you like. to me that was very important and thats another reason why i got mine last month was since there was no cars near my area except for the one i got in the color combination i wanted. i could have got it at another dealership for the same price i got it but with $1000+ worth of free dealer add ons. but they did not have the color combination i was looking for. it did seem like i was passing an extra 1000 dollars but i would not have the exact color i wanted so to me it was not worth getting a new car that is not exactly as i want it.

I have seen some other post here with a lower OTD (`20200 or so). go back a couple of pages and see if they provide a detailed quote with sell price, TTL , any other fees etc. if the taxes are the thing that is making the difference you can only ask for a lower sell price because taxes are set. i recently saw someone with a good OTD price for their car but they paid 3% taxes.

maybe if you tell them you are paying cash they will lower the price some but it will only depend on the dealer since i have heard that paying cash doesnt always get you the best deals.

i am not a credit expert but here is what i do know. it is absolutely true that using credit cards can build your credit but only if used wisely as they can also have negative impacts. usually if you owe more than half of your credit on any one card that starts to reflect as a negative thing.

Also your credit score is based on several types of credit. loans for auto/ house or credit cards. i think credit cards are considered revolving credit (check me on that but it is still as i will explain) while auto loans are installment credit so they are not the same and they contribute to your score differently. having installment credit is a very good thing and probably reflects better than revolving credit.

my advice if you dont want to pay the car over many years is the following. get the best APR you can get and pay the whole thing off in 12 months instead of paying cash you already have the money so just save it for the monthly payments. see i did it wrong when i got my altima i paid it off in a 7 months and although it did help bring up my credit i was told that it looks better when you pay it over a longer time as this allows lenders to see any negative trends in your payment habits for future loans. i was told 12 months of payments will look good and raise your score. so just having credit cards to build your credit it is not good you need installment credit in order to bring up your score and later get the best APRs
  • I'm in Maryland. The financing was 3.99% with BB&T or the Credit Union. This
    was based on my excellent credit.
  • jason50jason50 Posts: 55
    I always got the impression when you guys post OTD, that meant the driveout price which included taxes, title, and all the fees charged. I can tell you that my friend bought a 09 Accord LX Sedan Auto for a driveout price(OTD) of $20,100 in Houston Texas. He said that was the best he could find for paying cash. He doesn't know if he had financed whether he could get a better OTD price. Just wanted to pass this along.
    Where in Texas do you live?
  • The OTD price should include everything.

What your friend paid for a LX sounds about right to me...usually the LX costs $900 less than the LX-P. $20,980 for the LX-P is also the best I could find... sigh.
  • Thanks! That helps a lot!!

I also want to get it now instead of waiting another month. I saw that $20100 post, too. I don't know how s/he made it... It sounds crazy to me because the dealers here in NJ that I dealt with all stick to around $21000...
    I just heard on the local news that this program is running out of $$, so hurry and get in this deal before they run out of $$.
    That is a good deal you got on LX-P as i was told the same thing about the LX and LX-P difference is around $800-900. Just remember, demand and supply in different regions vary quite a bit. As evident on this forum, some buyers are getting much better deals in different parts of the country. I think future posters who bought theirs should post which part of the country/state they bought their Accord.
  • cszulccszulc Posts: 31
    Was originally going to go for a EX V6 cloth, but the local dealer didn't have it in-stock. Was going to get it from another dealer, which would take 2-3 days. Sounded good, but then I found out the Cash for Clunkers was being suspended at midnight tonight!

Didn't want to take any chances, so sprung for a EXL V6 in Polished Metal. Beautiful color on the car.

Got it for $200 under invoice, or $26,523 plus the $1500 dealer cash passed on, making the car price $25,023.00.

Got $3500 for my clunker, put $2k on a credit card, financed at 5.99% for 60mo, which I plan to refi with Pentagon Federal Credit Union at the Honda promo rate of 3.9% for 60mo.

2009 Honda Accord EXL V6
    MSRP $28,700~
    Invoice $26,723
    PAID $25,023.00 + TTLD
    OTD w/o Clunker/Down: $27,214.62
    OTD w/ Clunker/Down: $21,714.62

Great experience as always with Continental Honda in Countryside, IL, having purchased 6 cars through them now.
  • dominaldominal Posts: 6
    thanks for the info, very good deal. i'm looking for the exact same car exl v6

around chicago also.

do they have another one in polished metal there?

any better deal than cszulc??

thanks in advance.
    The last EXL V6 was in black at Continental.

They will generally do a $100-$300 under invoice plus the dealer cash if you deal directly with the sales manager, Mike Bromer. Tell him Chris Szulc sent you (My referrals of family/friends/clients have received extraordinary deals through them).

If its not urgent, I'm sure they can find a polished metal for you from another dealer's stock. But Mike did say the 6cyl supply was dwindling in Chicago area.
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Posts: 419
    Wow, those are some major changes. Blue tooth is becoming an important option these days. And rear a/c is a luxury feature as well.

Buying a 2009 may save you a thousand dollars, but in the long run, your depreciation will easily be much more than that. If you can put off a purchase, I would wait for the 2010s.
    If you're keeping the car for 7+ years, the difference won't be that much. 2009s are at a great bargain right now ($1700 under invoice last night) and I plan to keep it AT LEAST 6 years, of which the difference between 09s and 10s shouldn't be that much.
  • I just remembered seeing someone from NJ posted a OTD $20,000 for a LX a while ago.

I got another quote $20850 for the LX-P last night. It makes me feel that I could still push it a little bit further, :P It's all about demand and supply. I hope that more people are waiting for the 2010s, ;)

BTW, does anyone happen to know what car insurance is good for a new car? My old car is using Geico but it is too expensive. I didn't know that purchasing insurance is part of the car buying process... and now I'm running out of time to do the research, :cry:
  • Do you happen to know how long the bargain will last?
    I would guess until the current promos expire August 9th. The $1700 under includes the $1500 dealer cash that was passed on to me. Some dealers aren't passing it on.
  • Some dealers are trying to get me take off and go see the car TODAY. They say that tomorrow it'll be a different price... I guess I'll just wait until tomorrow.

Thanks a lot, :D
  • May I ask which dealership in Houston?