Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jhinscjhinsc Posts: 397
    Some dealers are trying to get me take off and go see the car TODAY. They say that tomorrow it'll be a different price... I guess I'll just wait until tomorrow.

It could be due to month end and they want to meet a sales goal/quota? Tomorrow is first of the month.
  • cszulccszulc Posts: 31
    This is true, the $1500 dealer cash will be there but they might not want to do $100-$300 under invoice plus cash.
  • player98player98 Posts: 54
    i agree. i do not think the dealer cash will be more as it is set until Sep according to edmunds. but until the 2010s are on their dealership you should not assume you will receive the best deal.
    see i got mine on june and i saw many people in this post that decided to wait until july because they believed there would be better rates/marketing support. well turns out that both marketing support and special APR could no longer be combined. plus honda seems to be selling more when compared to their competition so who knows.
  • kenyardkenyard Posts: 3
    Here is the current price breakdown. Invoice still has a "dealer holdback" of about $528.
    Take that off the invoice AND the $1,500 dealer cash in lieu of financing, and with the minimum clunker cash of $3,500, the '09 Accord can be had for $19,200 -$19,300
  • jason50jason50 Posts: 55
    kara,
    email me at jason1981wu@yahoo.com and i will tell you since it would probably be your benefit.
    You don't want the dealer making any profit or being able to pay for the lights, employees, or prepping the car? I believe there are no hidden incentives (F&I or otherwise) in addition to the $1500 dealer cash (in lieu of financing). All they would make with your scenario is the scrap value (what little it is) of the clunker.

I have a problem with them ripping people off and making $4k on a new car sale, but nothing is a little problematic. I'm fine with the dealer making $400-$800 on me. They're not the Red Cross ya know! :P

$200-$300 under invoice plus the $1500cash ($1700-$1800 total) is a good deal on an 09 Accord, and their sales are going up.
  • 2009lxp2009lxp Posts: 2
    Hello:
    Just brought last night 2009 Accord model LX-P for OTD price 21077.00 (includes TTL)at our local dealership Valley Honda, Aurora, IL. MSRP was 22,705.00 and Destination and Handling was 670.00. Total Vehicle Price 23,375.00.Standard Equipment and it had no options.

I have been reading this forums for sometime and I thank each one of you for posting your insights.
    Thank you,
  • roy2001roy2001 Posts: 59
    Seems you don't know the business model of a dealership. they never rely on new car sale to maintain their business. they make a lot of money or car maintenace and car repair. used car sale is also a money cow for them. if you consider all the cost (interest, salary, etc.), they lose money on new car sale. in addition, dealers sell more cars would get higher hold back or more incentive from manufacturers. so at the end of month/quarter, they would just let some car go without profit to reach the volume.

This just like printer business, hp/epson lose money on printer but make huge money on ink. So, don't hesitate to get the best deal you can.
    Well I don't know too much, but I do know most of the money is made in Service and Used.

I still don't see how a dealer would sell AT COST, except maybe as you said at the end of the month to reach volume incentives (if they're that close, a couple of cars that would make a difference).
  • hasanashasanas Posts: 19
    I bought a 4 door (Black exterior/Tan Leather) Accord EX-L 4cyl today for $22,400 + TTL.. I used the clunker program and got an extra $3500 off. I live in NJ and went to Willis Honda in Burlington. Great experience at the dealership and I get lifetime oil changes free. I think I got a good deal..let me know what others think?
    **roy2001**
    Well it is true that dealers make money from used cars (specially from higher APRs on used cars) and from any maintenance, but i dont think that is it all that true that they dont make money from new cars after their costs. If that was the case why would they sell new cars they might as well just open a service shop and dont waste time selling cars. next time you go to a dealership for car maintenance look around they have a lot of cars that are not even the make which is sold at that dealership so why not have only a service place. oh yeah i sure dont go back to that dealership for maintenance i got a good deal there but it is much further from my house.

See roy2001 i am sure you are fortunate enough to now how to negotiate the good deals and i am sure you know those tricks that both sales people and finance managers use to screw you from your money. Unfortunately the majority of the people that purchase new cars do not know many or any tricks dealers use, and they are taken advantage of by the dealers which add all kinds of crap to any single transaction. where they actually make the money is from selling you all this crap for your new car.
    if you are talking about the interest given to people how do they lose money from interest? dude you are so wrong this is where they make a lot of money many times even more than sell price - cost. Lots of people do not qualify for the special APR and many are tricked and are told they dont and end up paying higher rates. so this means lots of $$$$ for dealers

how do they lose money from salary? dude they are not doctors. they can work by salary/by the hour but there are many that work by commission. those that work by salary get crappy pay checks. and trust me those that work by commission (which in non exotic cars is not all that much either) are not going to waste their time and sell you at cost these guys will sell for as much as possible.
    but if you do find a dealership that pays good salary tell me i might dump my business and work for them.

They are good at what they do and are very convincing when they sell you a $1000++ extended warranty, they tell you they have to charge you some of the environmental protection package $300++ (they say they have discounted it for you) oh yeah and they added $400 tint which is already on the car (have to pay for it) and thats only some of the many over priced extras that they convince people to get . all of the sudden this can add to $1500++ which if financed will add even more to their profit. Oh yeah but you say they dont make money form new cars. its a business i am absolutely sure they make lots of money. when they tell you they are not making money from the deal is just to make you feel like you got the best deal ever.

so remember unfortunately there are ore people that fall and get high APRs and get overpriced dealer add ons than those that can make good deals . So when compared to the rest or should i say the majority of the people out there you are of a smaller percentage of those that know how to get the better deals. i personally own a business and trust me no matter what business it is we are out there to make as much money from all sides of the business as we can.
    i think you got a good deal. read any terms for the free lifetime oil change because nothing is free. one of the dealerships in my area has a free lifetime warranty but when you read the terms you have to do ALL the maintenance that honda suggests for each visit otherwise it is no longer valid and you have to show proof.
  • Update:

Got our 09 Accord LX-P today.

OTD $20,600 (that's all we paid)
    NJ tax 7%
    No add ons.

We paid cash, so the process was fast. They agreed on $20850 before we went, and I was able to cut another $250 in the dealership today. Could've waited for another week or so, but we were tired of shopping, and we thought the deal was good enough. It was a very pleasant experience actually.

Thanks for all the help that I got here in this forum! :)
  • jason50jason50 Posts: 55
    Congrats! Did you ask them to go lower on the OTD price if you had financed?
  • I bought this car the other day in Pennsylvania. Wanted your opinion:

29621 sale price
    100 doc fee

deck lid spoiler
    body side molding

out the door price: 32500

Seems overpriced to me. No?
  • jhinscjhinsc Posts: 397
    Is your sale price before or after the spoiler and molding was added. Edmunds TMV pegs the price to get at about $300 under invoice or $28,432 including destination but before taxes. Out the door won't mean much to people outside of PA since your local/state taxes are different than other parts of the country. Any other fees added besides taxes? Need more information to evaluate your deal properly.
  • Thanks!

We asked, but they said it'd be the same price to be paid in whichever way that we please. We didn't tell them that we'd like to pay cash until the OTD price was decided.
  • That price isn't bad. I paid $20100 delivered! I also received free splash guards, one oil change, pinstripe (which I'm not using), and rust proof undercoating. Thanks to my saleman who worked for me and not the Honda Dealer lol! Now I owe him a bottle of Gran Manier.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,578
    At first didn't want it but so glad I went ahead and did it. Think about it a bit...you might change your mind with the right color stripe.

The Sandman :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• well, went to the dealer today. he said he was going to honor his internet quote of $19400 + TTL BUT only give me $3000 for my $4500 clunker. talk about a sudden change in beginning of the month pricing.

anyone know when the 2010 are due??
    also counting on the $2billion more being pumped into C4C

imo, this price gets better at the end of the month, anyone else think so???