Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hasanashasanas Posts: 19
    I paid 22386 for the car + 1567 (tax) + 100 (DMV) + 175 (Doc fees)...also get 3500 off for the CLunker. Went to Willis Honda in Burlington, NJ.

Got the car with mud guards, wheel locks, auto starter, all season floor mats all thrown into the deal.
  • I just bought a new Accord LX from a dealership in Georgia. The deal agreed upon was 20,300 Out of Door with a trade in of an old Buick. When I reviewed the documents after I got home, I found I was charged $600 more than the agreed amount. The finance staff did not go through the numbers with me, but just asked me to sign all the documents. I had trusted her and had not thought she would change the price.

This was my firt time buying a new car, and I was very new to this business. Though I have been reading the posts here, but have never read such tricks dealer have played.

Now the question is, what could I do to get the money back? This experience with this dealership really made me sick. I am in despair now and could not think of any ideas. Your oppinions are greatly appreciated!
  • Do you have anything in writing with the lower price? If not, it is just your word against his.
  • I went to the dealership just now and the problem was fixed. Feel so grateful to this forum after seaching a long time here. From this buying experience, I realized the auto dealing business is so tricky and customers are usually under a disadvantage if they are not familiar with this business. Consumers have to be united to get their fair deals.

Good luck, everyone!
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,626
    The Sandman :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• inet123inet123 Posts: 11
    What is an "auto starter"? do you mean - remote start? Who did you deal with at Willis.. I am looking to get the same car. Thanks.
  • hasanashasanas Posts: 19
    Yes, remote starter. Since we can't post actual names, send me an email and I'll give you the name.
    Email sent. Thanks in advance.
  • roy2001roy2001 Posts: 59
    That is barely $900 below invoice, correct me if I am wrong.
  • mrramemrrame Posts: 5
    Did you get the sedan or the coupe ?

I am in the market for EX-L Coupe Manual Trans, not sure what is the going price

Thanks
  • flueflue Posts: 4
    I got this OTD price last Saturday. Is it a good price in Houston?
  • is that a sedan with at??? what is the base price before TTL?
    Hello, would you please reply to the email as it would be of great help... please also send me your name in the email sothat I can refer.

Again, Thanks in advance.
  • paws2paws2 Posts: 5
    I purchased a new 2009 Honda Accord LX prev for $18,600. I live in NY. Is this a fair price? This includes destination charges. OTD about $20,300. Did not bargain much.
    Tried to make the same deal at Willis Honda, NJ today and at the end, they said that I would have to finance it only through the bank they would select and for much higher interest rate... after all the time spent, the same old dealer trick!!!
  • player98player98 Posts: 54
    Sadly this is the case in many instances. I have not seen many of the people that are getting those amazing deals say what their APR was if they financed. maybe most got a great sell price but the dealers is making up for it in financing. just to see what kinds of APRs are you guys getting well those that financed already within the last month or so.

It is not worth paying less than most people if you are going to pay a much higher interest rate. someone had said before that dealers dont make money on new cars sales well trust me its a business and as far as i know the point of a business is to make money. if not directly from sell price from financing as the lender gives them a pretty good cut.
  • jason50jason50 Posts: 55
    I think people who are getting great deals should also post what their APR on financing was also. Some have gotten great deals for OTD price, but still had to finance with the preferred dealer lender, higher APR, etc.
  • jason50jason50 Posts: 55
    You could've gotten a better price. My friend got $20,100 OTD. He told me the inital quote for his 2009 Accord sedan LX AT was $20,725. Then he asked them to drop. It went down to $20,345. He still felt it was too high. The final offer from dealer was $20,100. He accepted and paid cash for it.
  • aniketaniket Posts: 2
    I am getting a Honda Accord 2009 LX-P for 19,899 + TT&L
    I just wanted to know if this is a good deal or not, I haven't signed any paperwork or anything yet i just settled on a price today and am going to get all of the paperwork and etc. done within the next few days.
    oh and i can add a spoiler to the accord for 200-250 dollars more if i want to........ I haven't decided if i want it or not yet.

Oh and i am financing through my bank at around 4.55% over 60 months
  • johnj56johnj56 Posts: 13
    V6 or V4? Be nice to include it in reply's.