Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• woofubawoofuba Posts: 2
    Just picked up a new Accord EX-L sedan yesterday. Had started from a price tip in this forum.

OTD price: $24,435.50

Breakdown:
    $22,600 (car+destination)
    $1,412.50 (6.25% MA tax)
    $125 (title+license)
    $298 (documentation fee)

The dealership is Boch Honda in Norwood. If anyone's interested, send an email to my carspace.com address for the salesperson's name and contact.
  • Its a 2010 LX model. The MSRP on it was 22,650. I negotiated down to 18641 (including destination charge). I paid tax, license and registration. That came to around 20700. I did the 60 months financing at 1.9% so they charged an additional 1,000 for financing. My month payments came out to be 363 per month for 5 years.

I think if it was a fully loaded LX, it would be a different car...say EX??

Sorry if I didn't answer your question.
  • cm1379cm1379 Posts: 11
    Hello,

I just bought a 2010 Accord LX-P for 21,600 OTD in NJ. The dealer came down to 19,830 (incl destination fee) and then added tax, tire fee, DMV and Documentation fee. I know its not the same trim as yours but thought it might help comparing.
  • cm1379cm1379 Posts: 11
    Is this a good OTD price for NJ? I am buying the car and this includes destination, tax, tire fee, documentation and DMV fees. Thanks in advance for all comments and suggestions.
  • v2010v2010 Posts: 1
    I just got got a Honda Accord 2010 LX

19800 out of the door (including 6.5 % MA sales tax + Documentation + Fees)...

Got it from Boch Honda from Norwood...

Contact me for sales person etc... I think this is the best bargain....Did anyone get a better deal?
  • I am negotiating for a 2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 with all options incl Navigation except spoilers and painted wheels. What is the bottom line I can expect to pay for this car with no sales tax. I appreciate anyone's help...I am in Oregon
  • tfd123tfd123 Posts: 4
    Got what I think is a pretty good lease. $159/month + tax, 36 months, 12K/year, $1,150.13 paid at signing (included acquisition fee, doc fee, first payment, and title/registration fees). With Mass. sales tax, the payment is 168.94 per month.

Love the car. Manual trans is the way to go.
  • zniper09zniper09 Posts: 1
    I'm negotiating with a dealership in IL, and they are giving me a price of $25,175. Is this a good deal? They also tell me that they will give me the 1.9% for 60 months. The car has the wheel locks, splash guards, and the mat in the trunk. I really like this car, is black on black. What do you guys think? I appreciate the help.
  • pochirajupochiraju Posts: 19
    hi all,

one of the dealers has got few 2009 LX accords left which he is selling for 18k + dmv.

please can anyone suggest:

1) if its ok to buy 2009 model or is there any trick involved in this?

2) if its ok to buy last year's model, then please suggest if the price sounds good.

btw, i am in OR state.

thank u
    sandy
  • temj12temj12 Posts: 450
    edited April 2010
    This is not a good deal. You can come out as well, or almost as well, with a 2010, if you bargain. You are looking at one year of depreciation with a 2009. Your car has depreciated twice when you drive off the lot: the fact that it is one year old and the normal off the lot depreciation, if it were a 2010. I would definitely not do it. The dealer is receiving a kickback from Honda for moving a 2009 off the lot. That price does not reflect that kickback.
  • jsmith22jsmith22 Posts: 23
    I WILL NOT TOUCH THIS DEAL WITH 10 FT. POLE.

1) 2009 model LX for $18k is a rip off, people in this forum has bought 2010 LX for 18,500 to 18,900(including destination). it is better to pay that more and get a 1 yr new model. infact after few months from now it will be a 2 year old model once 2011 accord arrives in by july or august.

2)Buying a used car with few thousand miles on it is not only cheaper but also better than brand new 2009 model sitting on the car lot for almost 20 months now. If the car is not driven for such a long time, it will have more problems like cracked belts and pipes than the one regularly driven.

don't let the slimy car sales man get you! choose wisely and take your time!
  • goergiaramangoergiaraman Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    I just bought Accord LX 2010 yesterday for $18900 (including destination fee) and traded in my old 99 Toyota Camry for $2500 (it came down to $16400). I also had 1.9% financial loan for 60 month with $0 down but I was not charged anything additionally for it. I had similar offered by another dealer but they tried to charge me $1000-$1200 for financing. Of course I did not do it. This is in Atlanta, GA. BTW, tax ($1006), documentation fee ($599) and license/registration ($18+8) need to be paid additionally.
  • Last week (in March), bought a 2010 Accord EX-L, 4cyl, no navigation. MSRP was 27540, and overstock.com autos was around 23700. I paid 23500 + 154 doc fee (IL state max). Had a trade-in, which was valued at the same price as Carmax.

Didn't have time to shop around, and this may not be the best deal, but posting for a reference point.

Did use the $1200 dealer cash, not the special Honda financing.
  • That's a terrible deal. You should be able to talk them down at least another thousand dollars or MORE. I purchased 2010 LX for 18641. I probably wouldn't pay for the 09 unless it was under 17K.
  • kabooziekaboozie Posts: 15
    2010 EX-L
    My quote is
    $22,919.00 Internet Price
    710.00 Destination Fee
    99.00 Processing Fee
    499.00 Delivery Charges
    43.50 Private Agency Tag Fee
    6.50 W/T Lab Fees
    Sales Tax
    197.00 Estimated Tag Transfer Fees
    2.00 MVWTF

Does this sound like a good deal? I am not sure if other people are putting down their out the door price or their price before fees.

Thanks in advance.
  • karhill1karhill1 Posts: 101
    $499 for "delivery charges"? Sounds like a profit maker for the dealer. Google TrueCar prices for some good information.
  • I took a month to decide between Altima, Fusion, Accord. Chose the Accord since it seemed more luxurious. Test drove all of them to get an feel of what I liked. I liked the Accord 2010 EX-L w/NAV V6, Metal Metallic on Gray interior.

Then started my price research with Edmunds.com, Cars.com, and thecarconnection.com. I even purchased the Consumer Reports Price Report. Don't buy this report ($24) useless, got better estimates with this blog and thecarconnection.com Contacted around 6 dealers in my area and let the dealers fight for my business.

Got a price of $26,695 from Lodi Honda. No one else would beat it. OTD $29,493.

Sharp looking car. BTW don't fall for the extended warranty or "protection package". Got my wheel locks, splash guard and cargo net online for $170.

Hope this was helpful.
  • zatireszatires Posts: 39
    That $499 delivery charge is shady.
    As the other poster said, it is like pure profit to the dealer (unless you are getting a car they don't have on the lot)

On February I paid 23150 for Accord EX-L (no nav, including destination). And only 149 processing fee, no other delivery charges or stuff like that.
  • temj12temj12 Posts: 450
    What is a delivery fee? Do you not pay taxes in your state?
  • s1ginss1gins Posts: 45
    Just wondering if anyone (CARGUY) knows what deals Honda may have for April. It seems the 1200 cash to dealer finished at the end of March. I am deciding between CPO and new on an EX-L w/Nav (4 cyl)...

Split Horizon, your deal looks excellent...I assume you did it in March.