Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I was just quoted OTD price of $27,410 for 2010 Accord Coupe EX-L with no nav, black pearl exterior, black leather interior. Price includes $600 Autoway Honda dealer fee, which they wouldn't budge on, and tax, title, and tire fee. They claimed I was getting a $5,200 discount. Am I being taken for ride? Isn't the price waaay too high? Any suggestions where to look within 50 miles of Clearwater, FL for the same model, better price?
  • kazoo2ukazoo2u Posts: 11
    Something about leather seats & 95+ days [ouch!] in south Texas turned us off on leather seats. Had good luck with cloth interior in 3 previous Accords.
    Finally chose 2010 Accord EX, no leather, no Nav for $22068 OTD. :)
    Diff between Honda .9% APR [give back $1200 for sale price of $23268] vs local credit union 3.7% APR [sale price $22068] amounts to about $10/mo in favor of local credit union.
    It pays to do research on financing. Dealership will always make a profit on any sale. ["We lose money on every sale, but make up in volume." LMAO] You got to look out for #1 & always check your 6.
    Edmund's auto loan calculator, esp. Low APR vs Cash Back feature, gives you ammunition to use when going into dealership.
  • What part of the country are you in? I just sold my '99 Accord EX-V6 and am now in the market for a '10 Accord EX-L 4 cyl w/out Navi. I'm in the Lexington, KY area. When we bought our last Honda ('03 Pilot) I got great quotes from some Ohio dealers but it's been so long I can't recall which ones. Anyone have any experience with Internet dealer quotes in the Cincy/Dayton/Columbus areas?
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    Just read the posts here to know you are being taken a for a really BIG ride. that's one good thing about hondas-- they come in relatively few iterations that it's easy to get a feel what an LX goes for, an EX, an EX-L non nav 6 cylinder goes for, etc.

BTW, I own an 07 coupe ex-l manual 4 cylinder-- going strong at 80k miles; just had rear brakes replaced (original front brakes still good); new tires at about 70k miles .. ; oil changes and that's about it.....lot of highway miles early on but now mixed driving. only thing i wish it had that the new ones do is an ipod/usb thingy for music from my flash drive.
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    Sounds like you got good deal, based on your earlier post I take it you got it at Gunn Honda?
  • jwkimjwkim Posts: 2
    Got it this Monday at 18K OTD after $2500 trade in.
    I could pull more by taking advantage of dealer's incentive.
    I made a purchase at Yonkers Honda, NY through internet sale department. I've been in the market since January and finally the search is over. After several email communications with the rep it took a couple of hours to get an appraisal, price and paper work done. Overall pretty satisfied.
  • negotiaternegotiater Posts: 2
    Great purchase. WHy didnt you go for a LX-2WD CRV instead of an accord?
  • blitzg99blitzg99 Posts: 12
    Hi all,

I am in the market for buying a used Honda Accord (2005 - 2007) for about < 13,000. I am rather new to the US and have some questions for people who have used Honda Accord buying experience. 1) How negotiable is the price at a dealership. I understand that Honda Accords are reliable cars and have good resale value and in high demand. Is is possible to do some negotiations over the price at dealerships. Also how risky is it buying a used car without any warranty ? 2) I am based in Minneapolis,MN. Do dealerships here allow pre sales car inspection , i.e., can I take the car to an independent mechanic for inspection before I pay. Any recent experience that anybody can share will in this regard be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

RG
    Just a thought. Could get an EX-L w/o Nav for around $24K down here in SoTex before TTL. One way flight from Sea-Tac to SAT is about $450. Could be beneficial to look into.
    Kee-recht on that one.
  • willb3989willb3989 Posts: 3
    Hi everyone,

I qualify for AHFC's Super-Preferred credit tier. What kind of money factor should I expect from the dealer?

I know they can manipulate it to make a greater profit so I'd like to go in with a "ballpark" number tomorrow.

So far, I've been able to negotiate the cap cost down to $20,899 on the EX Coupe Automatic. Is this a good deal?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
  • joer2001joer2001 Posts: 32
    first off, your leasing... bad, move no matter what, and no one can convince me on paper different.

Do the lease math, figure the cost (payment amount X number of months plus residual) never as good as financing. never. Figure finance cost, yes payments are higher, but "residual" (amount of time you want to keep your car, balance on loan) is always lower.

If you can convince me to lease... (I and others call it a "Fleece") I'll buy 5 cars on the same day!

Negotiate your best price, cash, out the door, and then deal with financing.
    Use an amortization calculator like this one...

http://www.bretwhissel.net/amortization/amortize.html
  • gperrgperr Posts: 126
    Car_man,

Can you please provide the current AHFC Residual and MF for 24 month and 36 month lease 12k miles/ year on Accord Sedan AT EX, EX-L, and EX-V6.

Thanks

gperr
  • skoretskskoretsk Posts: 38
    edited May 2010
    What's the lowest prices before TTL folks are paying for this car? I live in North Carolina. Interest in lowest prices in this state - as well as nationally. Thanks!
  • skoretskskoretsk Posts: 38
    Was this an EX 4 cyl cloth? What was the price before TTL? What state?
  • fnc119fnc119 Posts: 12
    I bought a 2010 EX sedan for $21,145 before TTL. Traded in a 2005 Accord LX with 119,000 and got $6,800 (condition very good) I shopped for a month and this is the best deal I saw by about $800. Spoke to six different dealers. This is SE PA.
    I bought a 2010 EX sedan for $21,145 before TTL. Traded in a 2005 Accord LX with 119,000 and got $6,800 (condition very good) I shopped for a month and this is the best deal I saw by about $800. Spoke to six different dealers. This is SE PA.
    I am trading a 2005 LX w/ 119,000. during the course of ownership I have replaced tires twice and brakes twice. about 1 month ago I replaced an oil switch, $3.00 part, $200 installation. That's it, a bullet proof car. The dealer is giving me $6,800 in trade on a 2010 EX which I am buying because of the incredible reliability of the 2005. If I sold it privately, I would feel very comfortable someone got a safe, reliable car that will last another 100,000 to 150,000 miles. ~ Good luck, I think it is a good choice.
  • deadsignsdeadsigns Posts: 10
    edited May 2010
    hope this helps I got this from a dealer.

Accord
    LX
    Sedan
    Manual
    msrp$21,805
    discounted with destination fee include $17,501

Accord
    LX
    Sedan
    Auto
    $22,605
    $18,223

Accord
    LX-P
    Sedan
    Manual
    $22,805
    $18,404

Accord
    LX-P
    Sedan
    Auto
    $23,605
    $19,127

Accord
    EX
    Sedan
    Manual
    $24,580
    $20,008

Accord
    EX Sedan
    Auto
    $25,380
    $20,731

Accord
    EX-L Sedan
    Manual
    $26,780
    $21,996

Accord
    EX-L Sedan
    Auto
    $27,580
    $22,719

Accord
    EX-L-NAV Sedan
    Manual
    $28,780
    $23,803

Accord
    EX-L-NAV Sedan
    Auto
    $29,580
    $24,526

Accord
    EX-V6 Sedan
    Auto
    $27,555
    $22,696

Accord
    EX-L-V6
    Sedan
    Auto
    $29,855
    $24,775

Accord
    EX-L-V6-NAV
    Sedan
    Auto
    $31,855
    $26,582
  • deadsignsdeadsigns Posts: 10
    edited May 2010
    you just gotta add your states sales tax rate and then documentation fees and registration and plates fees.(if you have old plates and transfer them its cheaper then new plates so this plays into your Out the door final price make sure you clear that up) you need to find out this from the dealer because they could give you a low price and highball you on the other fees so find out these fees first. Also ask them if there any other fees involved some dealers add on things u dont really need.
    I usually just call and if the dealer insists on you comming in in order to know the fees then I figure somethings up. I went in once to a dealer that wouldn't disclose his fees and I was in for a totally different ride so I learned my lesson.