Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hi Eurobelle:

Hopefully by now you are seeing a few posts that detail prices! As good as a deal as I received, you can save about $1,000 more. Be patient, use AMEX as a starting point and then wait. I contacted a number of dealers - but not Shockley in Federick in MD. Criswell, MD stopped at $19700 with me. But kept going lower for another buyer. I bought from oursiman in MD, But, while negotiated, i wanted a number of things thrown in the deal. They gave me my first oil change for free and then the first major service. Reality is, the first major service is installation of two filters. The cost to buy them together is $25.00. It will take you about 10 minutes to replace the air and cabin filter. Save yourself about $150.00...

I mentioned before that I bought the SE over the EX-L because for about $3,000 you get a sunroof, internal blue tooth, XM hookup and bigger wheels. The only thing I wanted out of these four items was the blue tooth. I didn't want to pay for radio and the sunroof is like a hot tub, you might use it for a while, but in the end, it is just a nice to have for me. I was able to get a negotiated price of $22,750 for an EXL from both OURSIMAN and CRISWELL. Went with the SE and am happy. Would have been a lot happier to save another $1,000 though.

Good luck with the buying experience and never be afraid to walk in the end!
  • mack9mack9 Posts: 15
    edited February 2011
    According to this blog, http://hondavehicles.blogspot.com/2011/02/confirmed-honda-accord-crosstour-4.htm- - l , there's a 4-cylinder option confirmed for the 2012 Crosstour ... just letting you guys know a headsup in case anyone's interested! I myself am in the market for an Accord and I'm swaying between an EX Accord Sedan V6 or a base Crosstour 4WD, but if the price is right on the 4-cylinder, I'm definitely going for it!
  • Thank you so much for all your advice. I am in the process of negotiating on a V6. We will see where it ends up, and I'll post my results!
  • Thanks for your info! Did try truecar.com and got back some OTD quotes. They were all above $22,000 OTD even though they said $1,850 below invoice..
  • Got a quote in the Boston area dealer

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L Automatic
    MSRP$28105
    Discounted Internet Price$22846

Good deal? It looks like it's below invoice.
  • That seems a good deal. Where did you get the quote.
  • I was down to $22,700 in MD. You must be dealing with ATIMAIN in MA? Bet if you push, you can knock another $1,000 off. Tell them you need to be wowed and you'll buy!
  • Atamian Honda in Tewksbury, MA. It was the beal deal I could find around. I floated the same deal around but they couldn't touch it.

Signed the deal today. Johnny was great to deal with.
  • psycultpsycult Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    Thank you for good information. How did you pay for that? Did you include loan? I heard that there is an intensitve of $500 from Honda if using Honda Finance.
  • There is a $500 max waiver for the first month payment if a member also owns a Honda in the same household (same address). It is not advertised anywhere but dealers will tell you if you ask. There is no cash back incentive though if you pay cash.
  • $21,850.00 Honda Sale Price
    +$750.00 Honda Destination Charge
    +$1412.50 Sales tax at 6.25% Massachusetts
    +$100.00 Title and Registration/Plate Transfer ($125 if you will be getting new plates)
    +$299.00 Documentation Fee
    +$ 0.00 (inc. Lifetime Warranty & 2 year or 25,000 mile maintenance plan)
    $24436.50Total cost to you (includes sales tax and all fees).............with Honda financing .9% ( 24-36 mos) 1.9% (37-60 mos) for qualified buyers.

Silko Honda - Taunton
  • Sales initially quoted a 2011 Accord LX-P (MSRP$ 23,730) at OTD$21,484.82 and said to have the car ready for our meeting. However, when we ran the 0.9% 36-month financing with him, we found the total adding up to a much higher number. Then sales rep said it was a mistake and he was thinking about an LX when he made the quote since my initial inquiry in the chain email was referring to an LX. I then changed to inquire about LX-P in the middle of the chain email but his mind kept stuck in the LX while responding.

He didn't honor it and used inappropriate language "..it's in plain English.." to make us feel like we don't read English well. However, I argued that my question was very clear in the email "Do we have a deal for a 2011 LX-Premium (MSRP $23,730) with (.. desired colors..) at OTD $21,484.82" and he said yes and repeated the price and same descriptions of the car ready when we meet.

Anyway, we drove out of the parking spot preparing to leave. Another rep came out to ask what happened. We said we had problem with the first rep's use of language. The second rep wanted to work on it. We kept staying in our car instead of going into his office. Finally, he was only willing to come down to an LX (MSRP $22,730) at OTD $21,211.50 (tax@9.75%). Since we were able to use the Honda financing waiver of $500 for the first month, if we want to get out of the loan in a week, our total cash price will be $20,720 and we earn points on our $5,000 down payment using our credit card.
  • btpd327btpd327 Posts: 9
    edited February 2011
    Can someone tell me if this is a good deal on a Brand New 2011 Honda Accord 4doors V6 with Navigation in White Diamond Pearl.

MSRP including ($750) Destination fee $32,380
    Best Price I rec'd from a local South Jersey Dealership is $27,800 including destination fee. Is that a good price ??? Thanks in advance

I would get the 1.9% finance for 60 months.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,626
    After the lying & inappropriate language used, why on earth would you even consider buying from that dealership? I'd be on the net letting others know what schmucks these folks are...something like Kudzu...word of mouth is a very powerful tool. Hopefully you'll find the car y'all want at an acceptable price from a reputable dealer. They abused you once already, please don't let them do it again. Just seeing it parked at your house every day will be a constant reminder of what they put you through.

Good luck with your purchase!! :)

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• I just want to clarify that my price of $18500 did not include $750 for freight. Therefore, your deal was in fact a good one as well since yours included other extras and mine didn't. I was assisting someone in the forum in purchasing an SE and came across the difference in price. I hope this clarifies for the misunderstanding.
  • Thanks Sandman for your message! My relative's car was totaled and her rental car was due on Feb 9. We were kind of in need for a car before Feb 9 and it came his quote! We met in the Superbowl Sunday morning to buy this car. We wouldn't want to make a purchase after his lying if time wasn't pressing.
  • temj12temj12 Posts: 450
    My intention is not to make you feel bad. First, I can't believe the dealer did you that way and was rude, to beat. I would have walked away from him and never looked back, but that is my personality. I hope you enjoy your car.
  • Thanks SammyK2. THe best part is that we both did thousands better than those folks who bought in CT. Based upon my buying experience in Maryland, I would buy down there in a heartbeat and drive the car back to to Ct again. It was simply a far better experience than I ever had and the OURSIMAN dealership in MD and the internet sales manager made it that way.

Everyone that I dealt with was professional, and best of all there was no fibbing or tricks... But, I did agree to everything before I got there. And everything I agree to came true. Enjoy your SE! I am enjoying mine very much.
  • alookmanalookman Posts: 141
    edited February 2011
    I would suggest using Amex or Zag to get pricing from a car dealership in Germantown, MD, using their zip 20874. If it's too far for you than use their quote to get a local price match. I am tempted to come down from Texas and buy a car from them. They had 2010 EX V6 w/Nav for 25,382 in late January 2010. The dealership rhymes with the word "well". Nothing but rave reviews of their dealing with customers! Good luck!
  • Hello all. I had twelve fantastic years with my first Accord, but I've spent the last six in the wilderness with a Passat that's been one problem after another. I hate having to buy a car, but I'm at the end of my rope, and at least this time I'll be smart and get another Accord.

So, I'm in Cincinnati, and I'm wondering if anyone within, say, a 100-mile radius has purchased a 2011 Accord EX-L v6. If so, were you satisfied with experience? What kind of price did you get?