Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wnydadwnydad Posts: 6
    Based on several dealers in Western New York this week, getting an LX Auto at around 19,000 is a pretty good deal; desperation may increase as the summer goes on, but they seem to be holding there. I was on an LX, but may bump to an SE is I can get it under 21,000.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    I have been looking for EX manual all over, and none of the dealers in the area seem to have it. I have even expanded the search to Erie and Syracuse. The 3 immediate ones, Don Davis, Lia, and West Herr all look at me like I am nuts asking for a loaded EX with a stick. They all seem to have LX's with stick.

But, who in their right mind wants to drive a Honda with an automatic?
  • irisg1irisg1 Posts: 17
    I am not sure if the quotes you guys are getting in NY is just the price of the car and not the OTD price, but I am in NJ, and I just purchased an Accord SE on May 30th, and I was able to get it for $19,000. The OTD price including, tax, title, everything was about $21,668. I had also considered the LX, and for that model, the quote from the same dealership was $17,500. The dealer I used was Paul Miller in West Caldwell, NJ. I did most of the negotiating via email, then negotiated a bit more in person.
  • wnydadwnydad Posts: 6
    I may go for the SE as well. OTD on that in Western New York is looking around 21.8 or so. I am still working price, so may get that better.

Able to get LX at about 19.8 with destination, taxes fees included.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,680
    I have an exl manual. Honda manuals are sweet if you like to shift for yourself! Best manual I've ever had, and I've owned half a dozen over 30 years.

Hold out for what you want! Expand your search. Who cares if they think you're nuts, buy what you really want...
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    I have an exl manual. Honda manuals are sweet if you like to shift for yourself! Best manual I've ever had, and I've owned half a dozen over 30 years.

Hold out for what you want! Expand your search. Who cares if they think you're nuts, buy what you really want...

Wow! How did you manage to get an EX-L with a manual? I thought the highest trim they offered with the manual was EX?

I have a 2005 CR-V EX with the manual that my dealer had to jump through hoops for and basically ordered it from Japan. (I am friends with the dealership owner's son, but I would have to drive 400 miles to get it from them, since I moved)

It is really sweet. My wife has a 2010 CR-V EX with slushbox, and even though on paper, the 2010 has 20 more horses than the 2005, and if you take into account the changes in the SAE metrics, the difference is more like 30 hp at the crank, the 2005 is SIGNIFICANTLY faster and livelier than the 2010, which is not a slouch to begin with.

Even 8 years later, I get a smile when I drive it after a prolonged break riding the bike (Honda too) in the summer.
  • meteor711meteor711 Posts: 3
    I am looking for buying a 2012 accord LX in FL.

The lowest OTD price I saw in this forum was around 18500 in VA. Mostly are around 19300-19800.

I really hope that I could get OTD around 19500 OTD in FL, but the price I got so far are around OTD at 20200-20900. Is this price (19500) possible in FL? what's the good price for accord LX for now? Thank you so much!!
  • hx_guyhx_guy Posts: 39
    Just purchased a 2012 Accord LX Auto.

$22950 MSRP
    $399 Tint

$19141 negotiated sales price

$1741 tax
    $409 doc fee
    $392 TTL

$21683 OTD

Got 0.9% APR for 60 months, $0 down payment is $369/month.

Tried to get other local dealers to beat the price and they couldn't even come close so we feel pretty good about this one.
    BTW, watch out for something like this...

They did try to get sneaky but it was partly my fault. Over email, they gave me the out the door price of $21,683 and I replied back with "Just to make sure, $21,683 and based on the promotional rate of 1.9% APR (per Honda's website), the payment should be $379". We got there, they quickly skimmed over the contract and the payment was indeed $379, but they skipped over the Out the Door price and all those details. So I asked, what's the OTD...and he says $22,283 and I'm like wait a second...why's that? He goes to the old "Well the payment is $379 like you wanted". Yea, they qualified for a lower APR than I based my calculation on so they just added the difference to the price of the car. Sneaky sneaky. Caught them on it, they tore the contract in half and redid it.
  • meteor711meteor711 Posts: 3
    $21683 OTD? Which state did you buy the car?
    Why does the tax so expensive? I thought that tax is based on the sales price rather than the MSRP.

I hope to get 19500 OTD for 2012 Accord LX (without any add-ons)
    I will also hope that I pay cash can get some discounts.

Anyway, enjoy your new car! :)
    edited June 2012
    The sales tax is based off the sales price, but sales tax here is 9.1%.

I'm in Arizona BTW.
    It's a 2008 EXL navi manual. Had to special order it to get it. They made that impossible starting in 2010. Even Honda is slowly phasing out manuals....
  • whirligigwhirligig Posts: 1
    I feel pretty angry with Coggin Honda. I sent an internet quote via their website, and the salesman called me. I told him directly that I was ready to buy the 2012 Honda Accord and I am just looking for the best deal I can get right now. I know that the 2013 models are on the way and they are fully redesigned, and if the 2012 accord price is not that good, then I would like to wait. (I know many people are in the same situation as me). If their offer is good, I would go there immediately. So the salesman told me that he will send me the OTD price.

Then this is what I got:
    OTD $ 24,972.75 for Honda Accord 2012 LX standard without any add-ons.

Are you kidding me?! I was so straightforward with you and you give me this quote? He told me that they can’t give me the best offer on the phone or email because they worry that I will use their price to go to another dealer. But they are the one who kept asking me where I got my information, and what prices other dealers have offered me!

This is what the internet salesman’s email said:
    My job is to make sure I find the right vehicle for you that fits your budget, and with our 110% Price Protection Guarantee we will make sure you get the best price.
    And OTD $ 24,972.75 is the best price for a 2012 Honda Accord LX on 6/30/2012!! Really!?!

I don’t know if the problem is because I am an international student and my English is not that good or because I am a women that he treated me like I am an idiot, but anyway, I feel terrible and I want to share my terrible experience to all the people on this forum. Be careful of this Honda dealer even if their reviews seem good!

These dealers say they will beat any price from another dealership, but they never quote a reasonable price themselves. They just don’t want to make any offer.

Here is the detail of the quote:
    MSRP$ 23,110.00
    Their offer $ 20,886.61

DEALER INSTALLED EQUIPMENT
    Genuine Honda Protection Package (Mud Guards, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray) $ 799.00
    Tint (With Lifetime Guarantee) $ 299.00
    Pin Stripe $ 199.00
    Nitrogen Filled Tires w/ Lifetime Refill of Tires and 120 Days of Road Side Assistance $ 59.95
    PRICE INCLUDING ACCESSORIES: $ 22,243.56

DEALER FEE $ 599.00
    AMOUNT TAXABLE ON VEHICLE: $ 22,842.56
    SALES TAX- STATE &COUNTY 7.5%: $ 1,713.19
    ESTIMATE-COST OF LICENSE PLATE AND/OR
    TRANSFER OF PLATE MAY VARY $ 360.00

PRIVATE TAG AGENCY FEES $ 55
    WARRANTY ENFORCEMENT ACT FEE $ 2.00
    TOTAL PRICE $ 24,972.75
    Are you anywhere near Nashville? Crest Honda there is offering an Accord LX for c. 19k plus taxes and frees:

http://www.cresthonda.com/index.htm
  • ziyuluziyulu Posts: 47
    At that price you can get a top of the line EX model. As one says, a fool and his money are soon parted. I can get you an LX for under $20,000 out the door. Let me know and I'll help you out.
  • vistorvistor Posts: 3
    State: CT
    Model: 2012 Accord SE
    Ext Color: Silver
    Int Color: Black
    Sticker (including destination): $24,780

Finance Rate: 0.9% over 60 months

Price Paid: $19,391
    Doc Fee: $ 399
    Sales Tax: $ 1,161.42
    License/Title: $ 111
    OTD: $21,062.42
  • dg4dg4 Posts: 18
    What were add-ons? Were mats, wheel locks and trunk tray included in this price?
  • jimbo222jimbo222 Posts: 7
    I just picked up an SE with splash guards and nothing else for OTD price of 22218 in IL. That works out to 20500 + 161 doc + 1363 tax + 194 plates/reg. I was surprised to see that the only fluff fee was the 161 doc- which everyone charges as the state says that is the max that can be charged.
  • vistorvistor Posts: 3
    No add-ons. Just the stock SE. It did come with mats and wheel locks. The mats show on the sticker. I don't see the wheel locks on the sticker but they are on the car. No trunk tray.

I did notice when I was looking at the sticker on my desk I misstated MSRP with destination as $24780 when it should be $24820. Not that anyone cares about the $40 MSRP difference. All my other numbers in the post were accurate.

I think I did well although I wouldn't be surprised if people manage to do even better since it seems like Honda is being very aggressive pushing out the Accords. Although, the first couple dealerships I contacted didn't give me a price that reflected the incentives they are obviously getting. The third one came in with this price on an internet quote and I was happy with it. Went in and there were no surprises so walked out with the new car.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,599
    edited July 2012
    " Who in their right mind wants to drive a Honda with an automatic""

Only about 95 % of Accord buyers and hose are usually the people who just don't wat to pay more for the automatic.

Sales contunue to decline every year. EXL's ceased production a couple of years ago.

A lot of the smaller stores won't order any LX's with sticks because they are such poor sellers. As used cars they are even worse.