Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• The 25495 was an actual quote from dealer here in downingtown PA. Do as much research as you can before you walk in the showroom. I found email a much better way to negotiate because it takes out the personal emotion and their sales tactics. Not everyone is a confident Negotiator- I am not. But when I write I can careless what he/she thinks about my words. Best tactic is to play them against another dealer. Give them a specific number you received so they can beat it. Keep the conversation going - over a few weeks even. The longer your conversation the more serious he'll know you are and the more willing he will offer you the lowest price. You should have the price worked out before you walk in the showroom. Real power in negotiating over email. And if you don't feel respected over the Internet then just imagine how you will be treated in the showroom. When another dealer can't match the price then you have a good offer. What car model & trim are you looking for?
  • Yea, that makes sense. I'm looking at the Accord SE, but I've seen some lower prices on the EX and EX-L. Basically, from SE up, whatever the best deal I can get is. I'm targeting the SE cause I wouldn't imagine it's good for negotiation to have multiple trims in the discussion, but I don't technically know that for sure. Realistically, I'm hoping to get it done sooner than later because as 2013's come out there will be great deals on 2012 to be had, but stock will be depleting as well, so options like color will become more difficult to obtain.
  • Yes agreed - now is time buy the 2012 b4 inventory goes. V6 is About 2400 more don't know exactly. Look through older posts you might find some quotes -good luck
  • canihazitcanihazit Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    I got offered OTD 27,670 for EXL V6 and 26,766 with fog lights and a rear wing spoiler for EXL.
    What do you think? Think I should shop around more?
  • If you like the dealer and will service the car there then I think you have
    A good deal. Im assuming ur taxes r 6%
  • arvai2,

may i know is that the otd price of 20300 or? were there options to choose from for the SE? thanks
  • Has anyone seen the 2013 accord in person? Not sure if it's actually in dealerships yet.
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,476
    I drove an EX-L V6 this morning.
    Dealer had several.
    [ Details later. ]
    - Ray
    Northeast of Hotlanta....
  • What is your impression?
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,476
    Initial impressions: Good job, Honda!
    The car: EX-L V6.

I found the ride smooth on most surfaces, though highway concrete slab seams and similar short, sharp bumps are both heard and felt. Doubt it would be an issue for most. It is certainly quieter than the last few Honda sedans I have driven - even with the moonroof in the vent position, as I typically drive, all year round. I found it to feel agile and responsive. The electric steering felt fine, to me.

The V6 is smooth and certainly has enough grunt – and combined with the 34 MPG highway EPA rating, is an impressive engine- again [ still ]. The new 6-speed transmission generally works well.

I found the seats and driving position quite comfortable – and had no issue with the headrest. NVH was well under control. [ I had the stereo turned off the whole drive. ] The big horizontal bar graph of instant MPG in the center of the speedometer I find useless.

One oddity noticed – several times, on a winding back road, the LDW yellow light in the dash [ accompanied by a warning chime ] displayed. Although I and the salesperson both saw this as LOW [ suspecting a PDI oversight = low tire pressure…. ]

I certainly hope this is something that can be permanently turned off??
    For me, it was annoying, distracting & NOT helpful!

The other issue, for me is how Honda groups equipment and color offerings for the 2013. I would really prefer the EX-L equipment level [ minimum to have the V6 and 6-speed automatic], but without the LDW, the Blindspot camera and the Backup camera – for example.

Also, the Sedan is simply not available with the V6 and the paddle shifters. I have come to use the paddle shifters on my current coupe a lot – I enjoy the extra measure of control they offer. It would be very difficult for me to give up that aspect. The paddle shifters are only available on the 4 cylinder CVT Sport Sedan. Not even available on the ‘range topping’ V6 Touring Sedan. According to online information, the Coupe V6 does offer the paddle shifters – but most every exterior color offered on the Coupe comes only with a black interior. Not something I prefer, very impractical here near Hotlanta.
    My ideal Honda seems unlikely to be assembled anytime soon.

[ EX-L V6 Automatic Sedan, paddle shifters, blue or red exterior, gray interior. ]
    [ sigh ]
    - Ray
    I do like the car, quite a lot, but . .
  • Hi,

Sorry haven't been on for awhile. Went to Freehold Honda today to check out the 2013 Accords....looks very nice and LX drives comfortably. Was quoted $24,505 out the door.

So decided to see what I could get on the 2012 models, was offered $27,000 out the door on the EX-L.

Any thoughts?
  • The button to turn off the LDW is lower left of the steering wheel.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,623
    Go for the 2013 imho. It's a superior car. And if you get an LX 2013, you'll save over an EXL 2012.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,623
    Glad it can be turned off. Thanks.
  • That seems just a little high, u can do better. Is that exl v6 No navi?
  • jthan24jthan24 Posts: 14
    edited September 2012
    EX-L ....no navi.

i agree. Any body have or seen better offers?
  • I purchased a 2012 Accord EX-L one month ago and my price at the dealer was $24166, no other document fees, etc. with the only thing I added on being splash guards. I just today paid my sales tax of $1350. There may have been a better deal out there but I wanted to be sure I got the color I wanted (white) and felt ok with what I paid at the time. I'm in Arkansas.
  • I'm looking in the same area for an accord and was trying to choose btwn the 2012 and 2013.

For reference, I was quoted an internet price $23,650 for a 2012 EX-L WITH navi from Landmark Honda (Not including fees ~ about $2k maybe?) It's an awesome price and I hadn't even haggled with them yet.

The 2013 has a ton of new features though and has better MPG so it's a hard decision. I'll probably end up choosing the 2013.
  • One Honda dealer near Portland offered me a new 2012 Honda Accord LX 18997. Is it good enough or another $500 room to negotiate?

Thanks

Frank
  • I assume that is 4 cyl. Let us know once you've finished haggling. If you look at it most of the decision is purely financial. Do you want to save a few thousand bucks now or later. I say later because when you trade in the 2013 is going to be worth a few thousand more. If you can afford the extra amount in your payment just go for the 2013 - the mpg will save u a few bucks too plus it is a total redesign so it's not like deciding between 2011 and 12