Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• When people say a good deal is buying a car at dealer's invoice- is that with tax and fees or without?
  • You are spot on..Accord and Camrys hold their value and are hot products indeed! I wouldn't expect manufacturers or dealers to give any slack. The Accord with its new redesign for 2013 is going to knock off Camry as teh number 1 car. They are the only ones I know off that provide rear view camera on the base midel
  • hondaccord09hondaccord09 Posts: 14
    edited October 2012
    Anyone here who tells you that they bought a 2013 Honda Accord for $4300 below the dealer invoice's price is a LIAR. May no mistake I am very anti dealer when it comes to buying a new car. However, I do believe that you can get that price near the end of 2013.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 1,993
    MR HONDA SALESMAN. the new Altima is probably just as good a buy as the Accord, better gas mpg, quieter inside and handles better,, but that is not my call. i think the game has left you many a years now. people are buying the new altima for 1000 below invoice some folks have posted up to 1500 below invoice excluding any rebates.. Honda dealers are known to pull these tactictics. i no from experience.. honda always thinks they have a hot new product. this is america.... honda dealerships should try and make as much as they can,, and me as the consumer want to buy there vehicles for the cheapest. your a retired honda salesman the game has changed over the years . my point of views and my 2 cents are to help the consumers in this forum. maybe you should be in in the retired car salesman forums. sorry to sound like this. been buying new cars over 30 yrs i think i seen and learned many of the tricks over the years.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• s2013s2013 Posts: 3
    I got a quote for $25,325 drive out price here in Houston.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,346
    So, buy an Altima!

Cars sell for what the MARKET dictates. Nothing wron with Altimas, they are great cars but they have never held the resale values of Accords or Camrys.

Whe cars are deeply discounted it's because this is what they HAVE TO DO in order to sell them.

Actually, as used cars, Altimas are a LOT of car for the money because they depreciate so quickly. A two year old Altima will sell at auction for thousands less than an Accord or Camry.

And, I may be retired but I still try to keep up with things.
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    Right on Isell! I'm amazed by the people who post on here posing as experts. Youve always given great advice and used correct grammar and spelling
    Bill G
  • s2013s2013 Posts: 3
    I got a better quote from another dealer OTD price of $25,180 including tint, nitro, wheel locks, trunk tray and mud guards. What do yall think?
  • jay232jay232 Posts: 1
    Can you please post the name of the dealer and salesman where you got the quote of OTD of $25,180 in houston from? I am in houston area looking for a Accord Sports as well.
    I agree with you 100 % on your asssesment on Nissans .. My thoughts on the Honda Accord along with several past car reviews ie; edmunds, consumers, and kellys the last couple of years Honda has let the competition slip by them.. I think they are now back on top with new design , nicer cabin and innovative tech. this new Accord stacks up nicely to the Hyundia Genesis with its new design and tech features for 12k less.. they look very similar .. This is going to hurt hyundia genesis sales until the 2014 redesign Genesis and 10 speed trany comes standard on this higher end vechicle.

Why, thank you for the compliments!

I've always tried to tell it like it really is and even when I was still in the business, I tried to be open and objective.

I've been around since these forums started and I've watched a lot of well meaning "experts" come and go.

I try to refrain from jumping in but it's hard sometimes!

And I agree. Some of the grammar and spelling errors speak volumes.
    edited October 2012
    I'm glad we all agree on being in thses forums from the start 13 yrs or so.. I never assume that bad grammer from folks who know there facts and life experiences from the Art of car buying makes there comments any less knowlegeble or wrong. Unless we work in the car business. just my 2 cents over the years dealing with saleman in these forums. The internet is the down fall of exposing dealerships sneaky and slimy ways of ripping people off..

• Dear most informed car people on the planet:

I've enjoyed reading these boards for several years. I learn so much. I now, again, turn to the wisdom of the crowd.

The car in question: 2013 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 black/black

The facts:
    1) I have a perfectly working 99 accord with 205k on it that is not presently giving me any problems;
    2) I have an offer for $500 _over_ invoice;
    3) I plan to have a new car before New Year's;
    4) I live in the South San Francisco Bay Area;
    5) I am the cheapest man on the planet.

Besides the outliers on these message boards who somehow get $1000 _below_ invoice, what does the real-world data say about waiting a few months for prices to come down?

Edmunds, USAA, Costco, Truecar all put me near or above MSRP right now.

Please advise.

Sincerely,

Michael.
    Mike at this moment Invoice price on the new Accord is probably the best offer you will recieve due to the supply and demand factor. Below invoice pricing might not occur til 2013 and even that will depend on Hondas sale numbers..This new honda Accord is like when the Honda pilot 1st came out in 2003. From Nov,2002 til about June 2003 not to many people bought below invoice especially in the New york, New jersey area.. That being said I would wait till end of december 2012 shoot for the last 3 days. 1st- go on Edmunds and locate as many Honda Dealers in your area that you would drive to pick up car in a 2 or 4 hour ride. Email all dealerships Internet Managers. Make 1 short simply email or phone call letting these internet managers know that for 300 below invoice you will give a credit card deposit and pick up your choice of Accord. Your research by doing this will give you the answers to pricing on the 2013 accord.... Mike You said you are very cheap so you will like this part. If you contact 20 or 30 Honda dealerships and by Decembers end your still at 500 above invoice kindly tell each dealership that below invoice makes this deal happen. fully knowing that invoice will get your deal done.. Then you could decide on your best price. You might decide that invoice price is a good buy for you.. If December does not work try at the end of jan,2013. I see no reason why by jan 2013 you cant get invoice or below. Play the game you will love it. Ask every dealership about giving you free oil changes and what other services they can offer you. X off the bad dealerships that dont give you there best price, X off ones that tell you to come in.. why rush dont pay 1 dollar above invoice, weed out all the bad dealerships, the key to a quick sale is your letting them know your ready to buy that moment. The bigger dealerships work on car sales/ volume selling they are more inclined to make that quick buck on you. cause the next herb customer they will rob if they dont know the game.. every honda dealership gets back 2% of base msrp plus dealers built in doc fee's . ........ Good luck ,,,,,,,,, Mike

edited October 2012
    Actually I believe these forums began in 1996. All of us got our dates reset in 2001 when Edmunds changed providers.

Cars sell for what the market dictates. I have watched people agaonize over "saving" a few hundred dollars by spending days emailing and visiting dealers and pitting one against the other.

If this is a person's idea of having an enjoyable car buying experience than ths is what they should do. I would sell a lot of cars to these people and it never seemed they were happy at the end. My last years in the business were spent mainly dealing with repeat and referral customers who were more concerned over the total experience than PRICE!

Funny thing is, they probably didn't end up paying more in the end.

My advise is always to ask your family and friends for a referral. If you see someone in a parking lot with a new Accord, ask them where they bought it and if they would reccommend that store and salesperson.

It really doesn't have to be a drawn out, miserable experience.

As far as dealerships being "sneaky and slimy" there is no doubt that many are. So are many customers but that is a topic for a different forum.

Look for family owned stores with a good reputation. Ask your salesperson how long they have worked there. Most stores are a revolving door.

I got lucky. After escaping the corporate world I picked a family owned store. I spent almost 14 years there. When I left, they still had the same owner, same General Manager, same Sales Manager and same Used Car Manager.

Top Honda store in nine states for more than 32 years.

And they didn't get there by mistreating customers or by charging too much!
  • Right now, $500 above invoice for a 2013 is a pretty good deal. There does seem to be excess demand due to the redesign of the 2013 model. I'd assume that by next summer, they will be selling for $1-2k below invoice (as they do every year before the next year's models come out).

So it's just a matter of how long you want to wait. Given that you have a 1999 accord with 200k+ miles, I can assume that self esteem or image isn't important to you, so time is on your side.
    MY car buying system is the fastest way to avoid all the bs dealers will pull on you ,, fast and direct , wastes no time getting best price and weeds out all the bad dealers. It has never failed me since i bought my 1st new car the late 70's all thou ,,,back then i would call by phone to the dealers.. MR isellhonda sounds like a good man even very honest and his points are well taken, my way is quick easy and avoids all the nonesense.. Your honda vehicle can be serviced at any honda dealership.

edited October 2012
    Joe,, unless Honda sales are down compared to the new improved Altima/ Sonata , kia Opima, Vw passat and Ford fusion. you might not see that kind of savings til later in the year. the market will dictate pricing. 1k below invoice maybe by summer end not 2k never gonna happen...alot of honda dealership will stick together on pricing/ not all but alot.. I think honda has hit a homerun with this model.. I guess we will have to wait and see

If your system works for you that's great.

You also need to understand that most busy people have little desire to go through the time and trouble that you do. I know I sure didn't!

A lot of people simply want a good deal while being treated in a down to earth professional manner. They don't want to deal with a store that runs full page "screamer" ads every weekend and turns over it's staff every four months as a lot of places do.

They don't want to be pounced on by a "liner" before they have a change to get out of their car. They don't want to be flipped to three different "managers" who are simply closers.

Most "Internet Managers" are newby liners whose sole job is to get you in the door so you can be worked over. There is usually no benefit by trying to avoid the typical dance by going through the internet.

Like I said, ask for a referral. You will be treated in an upfront, professional manner and you won't pay more in the end.
    edited October 2012
    Buying on line is Quick and Effortless. IT AVOIDS ALL THE WASTED TIME IN THE DEALERSHIPS. All the games the bait and swtich tactics they pull. How much do you want to pay??? LET ME TALK TO MY MANGER CRAP..YOU CAN READ ALL THE HORROR STORIES ABOUT CONSUMERS IN DEALERSHIPS FOR HOURS GETTING NO WHERE LEAVING SHAKING THERE HEADS.....buying on line may take me 1 hour of my time to email 30 dealerships with my price and desired vehicle. That my friends is all your hard work.. My way deals directly with the person who can say yes to my price or no..My way puts every dealership on notice i'm buying that moment.. Its YES OR NO.. Alot of people today are computer savy and are buying cars like this. More should. Any internet mngrs. that cant give me his Best price or any price gets X off my list. Cant get any easier than this... I urge everbody to try buying like this. you will see how easy it is to have a wonderful stress free no bs...buying experience..... again folks supply and demand play a big part in pricing and like i said thousands of times in these forums you will get your best price buying this way online last days of the month, quarters end, or end of the year. The key is telling these dealers your buying that moment... I guess i agree to disagree from above post....... Brian