Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,012
    Leasing. dont think it matters just call dealers and say you want to lease said vehicle for 700 below invoice price. but let each dealer know your pulling the trigger that moment on the deal.. Thats your leverage. Your xxx price gets the deal done that moment . let Dealership counter you if he wont meet your price . You decide then, or move on to next Dealer.. Use Waymouth Honda as your sticking point on price. of 500 below invoice price. thats what they will sell you a 2013 Accord for with no other haggeling. just remember there doc fee's are high i believe there $369 so its actually just a couple of hundred under invoice your buying at Waymouth Honda. but dont tell other dealers that. Always try to reduce or get doc fee's taken off finally sale. Everything is negotable.. Good luck

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• gee22gee22 Posts: 82
    What Brian means, in his example, is that you should ask that the capitalized cost of the vehicle be $700 under invoice. Your lease rate is based on the money factor (ask to see it in writing), residual value of the specific model, MSRP and capitalized cost (the amount that the leasing company will be paying the dealer). It is you who negotiates the capitalized cost, not the leasing company. I suggest you read up on leasing, the formula for determining the monthly lease amount and investing a few bucks in a business calculator where you can program the formula for a lease so you can calculate amounts at the dealership. I have mine programmed so all I need to do is enter any of the three variables and it will give me the missing one.
    I'm assuming prior post new formula on leasing thats why i gave him just price he should shoot for. Adding to Gee's above posting. A 2013 Accord Lx Nov, rates are 36 month lease with m/f .00155 and 61% on residual, 15k on mileage.

• yangyxyangyx Posts: 20
    Great tutorial. $1000 gives me an idea on what I should be expecting by January. I hope you can come up with some estimation on where we should place our initial offer, since most of us do not know whether or not there will be a hidden incentive on the car.

Thank you.
  • I live in NJ. Kay Honda is offering me an OTD price of $26K for 2013 Honda Accord Sport CVT. The vehicle has a dealer installed sunroof. Also, I asked them to put a sunroof visor and mud guards. On top of that, I was able to get 5 free oil changes. I hope I made a good deal on this vehicle. Comments welcome. Thanks.
  • I was recently at a honda dealers and was offered a 2013 accord coupe EX-L V6 without Nav, black exterior with a black/Ivory interior, for $31,000. This was including taxes and add-ons, has anyone found a better deal for a similiar model?
  • rob_v6rob_v6 Posts: 20
    Thank you for the reply and information. i was able to get the ACCORD SPORT CVT at 21695 destination included + tax+reg fees,. there were no hidden fees, interest rate offered was 4.9 but finance lowered it to 2.84%.

Rock Honda in FONTANA Calif Rocks ---very polite staff, you can even talk to the desk manager.

The finance manager was trying to sell the theft protection for 700 and extended warranty for 1700.00. I politely refused and told him i don't believe in warranty, but because he doesn't pressure the sell, i told him that i will get it if the interest is lower and payments will remain the same. I was trying to open a window of opportunity for me and for him. After about 30 minutes of deliberation, he showed me his screen and lowered the interest to 2.84% but added the extended warranty 6 years 100k miles. Payment that i agreed before finance is 312.00 after 7500.00 down payment for 60 months @4.9%, I ended up paying 313.07 after finance. 11/26 was my lucky night, got the extended warranty and the theft protection for about $1 per month.

My credit score is not perfect, 680 mid fico but no lates on anything ever. I am not aware of any special rates for the 2013 ACCORD. Total interest that i will pay is approximately 1200 for 60 months.

Well, after my frustration from Riverside Honda who doesn't honor their internet quotes, i was able to get a better deal at Rock Honda in Fontana.

If you are here in SoCal, try to get internet quote from Rock Honda, their price are lower than most dealership in Orange County. Do not go to Riverside Honda, they have add on fees and will try to forcefully sell you add on for 1995.00 or more. Beware of Riverside Honda, because they do not honor their internet quote.
  • That's a great deal! What was your total OTD price? I'm in SoCal as well and the best price I've received is $100 under invoice.
    Kay Honda

If you breakdown your pricing on the CVT from kay we can comment.

Vehicle price before OTD prices
    Options and there prices paid
    Doc fee's and any other OTD prices

Every states tax rate is different and Dealers charge different Doc fee's. Thats why when people in this forum write a post like your above mentioned it does not get answered...........

• Got the following quote in Chicago for a Coupe EX CVT:

2013 Honda Accord Coupe 2dr I4 Auto Ex
    $26,665.00 MSRP

$23,748.11 Internet Price (includes destination)
    $25.00 CVR
    $161.39 Doc Fee
    $1495.91 6.25% Sales Tax
    $194.00 New Plates and Title
    $25,624.41 OTD

How does it look to the resident experts?
  • hi brian..here you go..

Sale Price 21,335
    Destination 790
    Tax 7% 23,673.75
    Registration 399.99
    Doc Fee 299.99
    Licensing 50
    DMV 7.5
    Sunroof 1,399
    Mudguards 100
    Visor 70
    5 Free Oil Change Complimentary

Total: 26,000.23
    edited November 2012
    Bdsilva,

You got a great deal. Post name of dealership where you purchased so others in this forum can see if you haven't already... Your original price of $ 21,335 is $ 800 below Dealers Invoice. Probably best price so far in this forum.. Where they made there money back from you was on Doc fee's, Registration, Mud Guards, and Sunroof you paid full price on. Next time you buy you always let dealership know all add on's you want at Dealer Invoice price,,, and if not that is a deal breaker. Doc fee's are also negotiable if you cant get them removed tell Dealer you will split the cost in half with them or its a Deal breaker.. Nice job on the oil changes...
    Good luck enjoy your car .............. Brian

• rob_v6rob_v6 Posts: 20
    Got it for 23700 otd.... Go to Edmunds and get multiple Internet offers. Remember to avoid riverside Honda, they do not honor their Internet quote. You will waste your time going there. Try to get 2.9% rate. You can push them to give it to you. Good luck bro
    Honda installed Dealer Sunroof.

Can't find actually price from Honda or any web sites. My buddy tells me that Honda's Cost for Dealer installed Sun/ Moon roof is $395. I though i seen something like Dealer cost of $600... Does anyone have web site or facts on this. Replacement glass on a sun roof is about $200 please post..........

• Just leased tonight at Carr's Honda in Chicago. Very straight forward $440 a month. The down was $795 which included first payment $440, new plates instead of transfer fees, and document fees. And they bought out the last three payments on my leased 10 Accord saving me $708.

I got to Carr's by accident after trying 7 other Honda dealers in the Chicago area. Best prices started at $498 per month and I payoff my lease. Then several got to $480 and they'd consider paying some of the payoff. No one came close to Carr's first and only offer. The others all said the $440 was impossible but bring them the paperwork and they'd match but they told me I'd never get actual paperwork at $440.

When I finally said I had the paperwork all of a sudden their best no meat on the bone price dropped the $40 a month and they said the buy out the lease also. I passed and stayed with Carr's who sAved me $2,148 on the lease. Write the Internet Sales Manager if you want a great deal in the Chicago area.
  • Buying from Honda dealer in Colonial Heights, VA. Picking up the car tonight, so I don't know how much the taxes are (3% in VA I think), or the Tags & Title, but I do know this much. I'll post an update after I get the car. Its Modern Steel Metalic w/ Gray interior.

$25,799 with Destination Fee (no added options, no Doc Fee)
    $379 Dealer Processing Fee (very standard in VA)
  • tdbotdbo Posts: 1
    Looking at purchasing a leftover 2012 LX-P. What are people currently seeing for pricing on this model and what should be the target price? Currently have one internet quote at 19,995, which seems high for a last year's model,
  • yangyxyangyx Posts: 20
    Personally, I think it should be somewhere between 17000 and 18000.
  • I was quoted $27,684 + $790 destination fee + $369 document fee + $199 mandatory window etching fee + taxes. Total is $29,042 + taxes. Any thoughts on whether this is a good deal?
  • I ended up not taking the car. The dealership called me through out the day today. The price details was offered by DCH Kay Honda and I opted to buy a 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited with a bunch of added features including a wing spoiler for $22,350 OTD. Although Honda Accord was a great deal, I didn't want to immerse myself into that kind of debt :) Elantra is in my garage now and it is a smooth ride.