Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,012
    BILL
    You made a great deal no doubt. 800 below Dealers Invoice. Close to the best price so far. That being said. Love honda did not go into there Dealer holdback to sell you that Accord. why? End of quarter sales. All dealerships that are selling over there vehicle quotos are getting a nice check back from the Honda corp. DEC, is a great month to buy. Especially the last day of Dec.... Removing those high dealer fee's can be done. The key is How good you can Negotiate and knowing what to say to the manager. You must be buying the last 2 days of any month. You tell The Manager your buying that Moment. Rural area's where there are not alot of dealerships are harder. I have bought many of friends and family cars from Maine to Florida and Arizona over the years and Never paid added fee's. Enjoy your Car

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

edited December 2012
    If anybody is interested i could get the Info of Dealer. IF your going to buy wait til end of month you will get your best deal. The Dealerships that have not made there Incentive Quota's will be looking to sell way below invoice. Fight those doc fee's... Ive been in these forums for 15 years screaming and yelling about Bad dealerships and all there slimy tactics . I'm tired of reading about dealerships ripping people off that have no clue how to buy. Time to turn the tables on them..

• Brian,

I am interested. I have contacted several dealerships in the Baltimore, MD area. So far, I have 3 dealers giving me prices below invoice. My best price OTD so far for a 2013 Accord PC CVT without any options is 22,130 (6% sales tax). My plan is to buy the car on Saturday, December 29 or Monday the 31st. Any help in getting a rock bottom price would be greatly appteciated!
  • evped2evped2 Posts: 21
    The dealer processing fee means nothing to me. I don't care if its $.10 or $1000, it's the bottom line that counts. What does the car cost before taxes, title, and registration? However the dealer wants to do the math is fine with me.
  • yangyxyangyx Posts: 20
    17300 was what I got in October, but I doubt there's any left.
    I'll post dealership as soon as i get it.

• poguypoguy Posts: 1
    Hi rajofin, could you please share your financial rate? Thank you.
  • If u get Honda financial you'll get 500 off with them
  • No most dealers do not add a service or prep fee. Most dealers attempt to add a Documentation Fee. Dealer prep costs are covered by the manufacturer. Like everything but the tax, title, and registration any dealer documentation fee is highly negotiable, down to zero should be attainable.

All dealers should make a profit or they would not remain in business. For many of us it is the underhanded manner in which dealers attempt to deceive buyers via the use of the documentation fee scheme. Viewing many of the posts on Edmunds, it appears dealers have been surprisingly successful in this deception. Far too many seem to have accepted such fees as real.

Sadly for you, dealers in Florida seem to be the most adept at this scheme. Four hundred and ninety nine dollars seems akin to robbery. Perhaps the people of Florida should partition their elected officials.

Smart buyers will simply calculate the dealer documentation amount into the amount they offer for the vehicle. Personally, I always found a dealer who will lower the selling price to account for the "docuentation fee." Might take a bit of work but it can be done.

It is important to note dealers must show the fee on every sale or they run the risk of discrimiation. However, this can actually work a small bit in the buyer's favor. Reducing the selling price of the vehicle by the recorded fee should reduce the tax base resulting in a small reduction to the amount of sales tax paid. The important thing is to assure the sales price is reduced to cover the docuemntation fee.
  • I now have the offer for 22800 OTD. (2013 Accord base model with window tint)
    Here the tax is 6.25%
    Any comments.
  • jfavourjfavour Posts: 105
    Just bought a silver sport sedan today. 23,350 +Tax, Title, License and Doc fee. I don't have the final docs in front of me and don't remember the exact OTD price. Sales threw in all weather floor mats (a must have in MN) and car already had 3M paint protection on front, door edges and at top of rear bumper (sales said $700 package). This car sat on the showroom floor for a couple of weeks, thus the paint protection package. Buerkle Honda in the Twin Cities Metro was the dealer. Had another deal offered at $23,228, but didn't like the sales person, plus they wanted $150 for the floor mats on top, so I went with Buerkle.

Needed a car, my last one was totaled by an inattentive driver, so this was the best I could do in a short time. Overall I am happy, although the deliver process took far too long (over 2 hours). The car was dirty inside when we arrived and we had to point it out to sales to be rectified. Then it had some codes showing because the battery had died and it needed to be jumped, so they had to spend some time resetting the codes before we left.
  • bridget53bridget53 Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I will be buying a new car at the end of the month. I would like to buy a 2012 Honda Accord EX-L. An online dealer quoted me 24,600.00 for 2012 Honda Accord EX-LV6 Coupe. What advice can you give me?
    Still waiting on conformation of the South Carolina deal before i post dealerships name............ Brian

• Brian, I misunderstood...I will not be traveling to SC to purchase a car...sorry for the concussion
  • Thats a great deal. I'm looking for the same model (CVT trans) with leather interior. I've only asked for ODT price which was quoted at 25,700. If my figures are correct, then I'm paying about 23K for the car. I'm going to see if I can get your price...lol. I plan to buy at the end of this month
  • Thats a great deal. I'm looking for the same model (CVT trans) with leather interior. I've only asked for ODT price which was quoted at 25,700. If my figures are correct, then I'm paying about 23K for the car. I'm going to see if I can get your price...lol. I plan to buy at the end of this month. I'm in the Houston area
  • I've been dealing for about 3 weeks now. I've gotten 21,900 ODT price for base model LX. AND 25,700 ODT price for Sports trim with leather. These prices are if I finance through Honda. This was at Gillman Honda in FortBend. Anybody able to negotiate anything better? I plan to buy at the end of the month.
  • ddvxddvx Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I've been scanning but haven't been able to find any 2013 Sedan EX-L dealer or OTD prices. Anyone had any experience with it?
  • tobyltobyl Posts: 6
    I live in San Francisco. I went to many dealerships around the SF bay area, and there were no one selling the car under 23,000 OTD. Does anyone buy a accord LX in SF bay area, and what is your OTD. Thank you.