Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Went to a dealership today and they offered me this for a 2013 Accord Sport CVT...any opinions of this deal would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Sale Price: $24997 (includes: stripe, wheel locks, cargo tray, mud guards, and I requested a remote starter)
    My trade in: $3500
    Total Diff. : $21497

Dealer Admin.: $699
    Tax: $1332.15
    License & fees: $78.45

Out the door price total: $23606.60 + Tag
  • Should be able to get that car for 22,300-22,500 easily plus pinstripe 75, wheel locks 36, cargo tray 70, mud guards 70, and remote start 200-300 depending on type and what you need it to do, so before taxes but after destination 22,700 or 22,800 including that outrageously high dealer fee of 699. You need to shop around, my opinion is your being taken for $2,700-$3,000. Shop around and minus the accessories your should pay 22,300 to 22,500. Buy the accessories online at college hills Honda and save hundreds there as well. Whatever they end up charging in dealer or doc fees you need to subtract from your sale price to be able to compare apples to apples. So in your case aim to purchase the car for around 21,700 to 21,900 with the pinstripe only, buy the other accessories online to save money. What state are you in?
  • Thanks for the reply back gameshowlover. I live in Florida. I walked away from the deal...as far as the accessories, it came with pin stripe ($119), pro pack which is wheel locks, cargo tray, and mud guards ($499), tint ($279), and my one "want it but don't need it" item remote start $759. I asked why they were so high compared to the Honda E Store price and he said that it was because of labor costs. Well here's the online e store price with installation: remote start ($354.35) and remote start attachment (($120.67), wheel locks ($57.85), cargo tray ( $114.40), and mud guards ($111.80), which comes to a total of $759.07 + tax. That dealership mark up for accessories is ridiculous!!
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    why do you need remote start in Florida?
  • evped2evped2 Posts: 21
    Wheel locks are a waste of money and can be bought for $20. Unscrew and screw a bolt you can do yourself. Cargo tray can be had for $85 delivered on eBay. Mud guards are $40 and easy to install. Buy the car with nothing and then add the things you want yourself. Their prices are outrageous.
  • jammikejammike Posts: 38
    Thats why I didnt bother regarding Doc Fee. I negotiated the OTD price. I got the best price from the Maryland Dealer. I know end of the month is a good time, but a good deal can be made anytime. I got an awesome deal on the Accord Sports CVT on President's Day.
    Accord Sports CVT OTD 23.5K. Check my previous post for price breakup...
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,424
    I just looked at your breakdown and numbers. There is no dealer in this region going to sell a 2013 Accord Sport for $ 1368 below dealers invoice right now. If you got that deal God bless you.... Yesterday
    I called College Park Honda asked to speak to the the Internet Manager to see if he would remove doc fee's to earn my business. Apparently they gave me some other MORON who tells me they will not remove doc fee's. In Conversation trying to hang up he wants to know where i'm calling from. Then tells me he will give me a good price for the Accord. I say what is it. I live in new york.
    He tells me i could sell you this car for invoice. i say what favor are you doing me.
    He then says........... Knowing i live in new york............. When you come down here... I tell my manager. This is the guy from New York give him a good deal.
    Was i wrong to tell him to hold on one minute.

500 to 600 below invoice after doc fee's are minused is a good deal thats were alot of dealers pricing is right know...

700 to 900 below after doc fee's...................... great deal but hard for most buyers
    will know next week for sure

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• Try Criswell or Ourismon in MD - also Koon's in VA if you are really determined to buy a car in the next few weeks. Also, Mazda has their 2014 ready to come out or already is out - and this car will put sales pressure on Honda,Toyota, and Nissan - Honda especially as they continue to ramp up their post sunami production in Japan. I believe Honda has a silent discount through march, but you'll have to confirm.

I believe the new Honda is the way to go too, am waiting until the summer or perhaps the end of the year, but it will be the accord.
  • Price paid for 2013 Honda Accord LX with CVT transmission on 01/26/2013.

No extra accessories included.

Dayton, OH area dealership.

Price - $20,327.52
    Doc. Fee - $250
    Title Fee - $33.50
    Tax 6.75% - 1,388.98
    Total Out-The-Door Price - $22,000

I actually live in Marysville, Ohio. The Marysville Honda plant (where they make the Accord) is less than 10 miles up the road from my house.

BUT, I had to drive the whole way to Dayton, OH to get the best price and color i wanted (Black/Black).

Not even the Marysville Honda dealership could match their price (nor did that have much of a selection of colors, just Gray for LX models).

I followed the following guide when negotiating over the phone and email:

http://www.piloteers.org/forums/5-your-experience/31956-how-you-should-buy-your-- next-new-vehicle.html

Hope this helps other buyers!
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,680
    Awesome price. Lowest I've seen for this model. Congrats!

I think you're allowed to share the name of the dealership if you're willing.
  • cyak1551cyak1551 Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    Oh, sorry. I wasn't sure if we could or not ;)

The name of the dealership was Voss Honda.

They are in Tipp City, which is just outside of Dayton, OH.

They gave me no BS and were very straight-forward and no non-sense. After being on the phone most of the day Saturday with other dealerships and dealing with how awful some of them were, I was more than happy to give them my business.

I HIGHLY recommend them.

Also, Hidy Honda in Beavercreek, OH (just outside of Dayton) were just as pleasant and even matched that price.

Unfortunately, they did have my color in stock, so I went with Voss.

If anyone on here is able to do the drive to the Dayton, OH area - please check out both Voss Honda and Hidy Honda. They will give you prices I was able to get.
    Many thanks!

But you should edit your post to take out the name of your salesperson.

We're allowed to mention the dealer's name, but I think that's it.
  • Also, not sure if this matters or not, this was an all cash deal.

No financing and no trade-ins. I don't think it matters, but thought I would throw it out there.

They were pretty surprised that some 27 year-old was paying in full.

Coming from a 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan, I LOVE this car!!!
    Smart and prudent to be able to pay cash at 27. Good work.

Bet the quality of the Accord seems impressive compared to your old ride!
  • malo_4malo_4 Posts: 15
    michellec1,

Can you tell me what dealerships you have been in contact with so far? and which seemed willing to work with you? I am considering traveling to Phoenix to purchase if I get the deal I want and would love to hear any thoughts on the dealers there. Thanks.
    edited January 2013
    CYAK,
    Good job on that prior post. I bought my 2003 Honda Pilot from Hidy honda and they shiped it to Queens N.Y. for me. What a great dealership.
    Voss Honda did match Hidy but i already was comfortable with the manager at Hidy Honda. Here are some others that were good back then in Ohio 2003.
    Chesrown Medina honda, Rick Case ,Whitney's automall,Waikem, Friendly, and Jay honda out in Cleveland were giving great prices. What a Flash back

Here is another good web site for Honda Accessories for 2013 Accord models

HONDA PARTS DEAL.com

• Brian,

Are prices better than college hills, or hit and miss?
    last time i checked they were same. did not compare all accessories.

What do you know about Nardy honda in Smithtown doc's are 75

• gameshowlovergameshowlover Posts: 22
    edited January 2013
    best price will be invoice plus 100, doc fees 75, nice dealership but selling prices are nothing to write home about