Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I mean, who knows, I have seen cars with sticker prices of $22.5k. Going for $15.5? Who knows???? And they have to make some profit, I just don't see them just giving a car away. I can't remember where, but a few years ago I saw some documentary where they said that the actual price of building one of these cars was under 14k.

Anyway, my goal is to get the car I want for the price I feel is fair and I can afford. If I have to wait a few months, so be it. But, I wouldn't drive 300 miles for $100. Maybe for $200 lol.

God bless people that are honest like u and that dealership u worked for, because, they are no longer the norm. I bumped into so much stuff, that I am happy to bump into honest people and businesses w integrity.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,408
    edited February 2013
    darrin
    Just want to thank you again. Not for my help thou...LOL

Your the reason i have no car this month. Auto- sport would not make that deal with me. I wanted the Black EXL V-6 Touring.. Autosport said they sold there last one and have no more in stock.
    You recieved the best deal this month on that model. The LX models are selling cheaper dealers have alot on there lots.

I'm curious to know... Auto sports doc fee's are 299 you said they kocked off 100.
    Did they list on the buyers order 199 or was it typed in 299. thus reducing your sale price by 100 dollars......... Tks

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• jammikejammike Posts: 38
    edited February 2013
    I could be posting this in the wrong forum, but any recommendations on the 1st oil change at what mileage ?. I bought my sports CVT 2 weeks back.
    Honda Owner's link says
    "Your Honda engine was delivered with an oil that is specially formulated for new engines that have not yet developed their "natural" wear patterns and may contain minute particles from the manufacturing process.

American Honda strongly recommends this special oil be left in the engine long enough for these wear patterns to develop, usually until the first maintenance interval specified in your Owner's Manual, based on your specific driving conditions"

However most of the popular websites recommend changing it during the first 500 miles or 1000 miles.

So when are you getting the 1st oil change done ?
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,593
    Follow your owner's manual!

That was the thinking 30 years ago.
  • I've wondered if I really got a good deal on my 2013 accord ex-l w/o navi. I live in Charleston SC and my OTD price was $29,000.32. I'm military so I did not have to pay sales tax. This price included tag transfer, doc fees, and zero % financing. Lifetime window tint included, plus the standard extras wheel locks, aquapel, ect. Let me know what you think.
  • Be sure you check with Love Honda in Crystal River. In Dec. I got an EXL 4 dr I4 for $799 under invoice (including $499 doc fee, which they call "predelivery service fee), although they did add $241 for dealer add-ons from Wilde Honda in Sarasota(?) where they got my champagne frost pearl Accord from. That $241 seemed pretty reasonable (from a dealer, that is) for nitrogen, striping, wheel locks, wheel well trim & splash guards.
    Very easy to deal with over the web & on the phone, & no pressure when you go in to pick up the car. I bought a 208 Accord EXL V6 there as well for a comparable discount, so I highly recommend them.
    this was back in mid-Dec., btw, so you might be able to do even better now.
    Good luck!
  • amty007amty007 Posts: 9
    edited February 2013
    Used Carwoo and got a reputed dayton dealership offer the EX-L V6, without Nav for 26,700 before TTL during last week of Jan 2013. Here's the breakdown:

MSRP: 30,800
    My purchase price before TTL: 26700
    Doc fee: 250
    Total Purchase price = $26950
    Ohio Taxes: 7% => 1886.50
    Title: 34.50
    Total OTD paid: $28,871
    Freebies by Dealer: Mudguards and Wheel locks

Financed the loan amount through PenFed @ 1.49% apr.

Was this a good deal?
  • I don't own this one yet, but it is my understanding that it follows the same guidelines as far as maintenance. In my 08 accord it was recommended to wait until the maintenance minder said it. Therefore, that means at the 15% mark. I wouldn't do it at the 1000 miles mark. I never saw that. The oil in the new engine needs to work through the parts long enough. There after I changed around 50-40%, and I know I probably could do it later but I want to be safe. After 79k in my accord, it runs like new. Hope it helps.
  • If that includes destination & doc/service fees, that's a GREAT price!
  • thanks mvperz4jesus.
    Love the features and the feel of this car. Plan to keep it for a while. So was being extra cautious about the break-in and oil changes.
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    edited February 2013
    REF: 28330
    Excellent deal at 26950; which dealer in Dayton, OH area? Please, not Hidy!

"You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post last names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information."
  • I hear you, I was like that too, but I asked the Honda dealership and they confirmed that this is the oil u want to keep until the maintenance minder comes on. Enjoy your new ride. Waiting to save a little more for mine, lol.
  • Ok, so now I got a little concerned. I talked with the service manager at my Honda dealership specifically about the oil change cycle for engine break-in. I was told the car will track your oil change needs and will let me know via the maintenance minder display (with associated codes, oil life, and a wrench symbol). Yet, after reading the owners manual there are variables that I need to be aware of (such as driving conditions, towing, ect) that may not cause the vehicle to let me know I need a service.

I decided to talk with an actual Honda mechanic whom has over 18 years of experience working at this dealership. Basically, he told me it is always a good idea to protect myself and he recommended I have my 1st oil change between 500 and 1000 miles (which is usually a standard for a new vehicle engine break in). Have my 2nd oil change at 2500 to 3000 miles and then follow the maintenance minder display in the vehicle there after. Since my dealership offers a $9.99 oil change special for its repeat customers, I opted to follow the mechanics advice. I'd prefer peace of mind versus having problems later (preventive maintenance).

So, I hope this helps some of you out there.
  • evped2evped2 Posts: 21
    I think the people who engineered and built your engine would know more than a local mechanic. The maintenance minder works based on RPMs and would know how hard the engine is working in a general sense. I've always changed the oil when the car told me to and have had 115,000 miles of trouble free driving.
  • rhard49rhard49 Posts: 226
    Your assuming your mechanic isn't stuck in his ways or is correct. Do some research on it I've seen articles claiming the original fill is a breakin oil of sorts being very high in Moly. For my 2 cents if I follow Honda written recommendation how can they void my warranty or refuse a releated repair.

Just my 2 cents
  • Maybe something to do with the new one, not sure about it. Is one of those things that if it makes u feel more comfortable do it.

You are to follow the maintenance minder as per the owners manual. Now is true about the fact that u should change it more often depending on driving conditions (too hot, too cold, etc). That's why I personally, besides the first oil change, I have changed mine way before the maintenance minder around 40-50% and had no problems thank God.

A technician suggested me to follow the manual to the T and stick to it, as the people that engineered this car know exactly what your car needs every time.

I bumped into so many Honda Technicians that will tell u stuff like "u need to flush this and that". when in reality if u read the manual Honda clearly stand against these flushes... go figure. I confronted many of them and they had to agree when confronted w the truth.

But like I said if u know this person and u feel comfortable go for it, I wouldn't say that it will hurt anyway.
  • This reminds me if something. I used to have a great mechanic that unfortunately passed away. Whenever I was freaking out about doing this or that to my old car, he used to say: if doing this repair and spending more money makes u feel better, I will do it...but to tell u the truth u don't need it..lol.

He was funny and super honest. In situations like this he would send me home and said: go home and save your money for something else.
  • I had a 2009 Accord before, now have a 2011 Pilot and 2012 Accord. I following the Honda reminder, usually when i hit 40% I start thinking about going to the service department. I use synthetic, and usually the oil changes work between 5500 to 6500 depending on the type and condition of driving, and the computer is very good at calculating when. Service department always put a different mileage reminder sticker on the window, which always depends on the technician.

Regarding first oil change, I have done it when the car hit 4k - 5K. MY understanding is first oil is the the break in, whether special or not I have stuck with it. ON the 3 honda's that I have followed these procedures no issues.

Last, someone I work with surprised me quite a bit. He has an accord, probably a 2005, on which he has 135K now, and the only thing that he does is oil changes. Before that he had another accord, which went to 260K, again only regular oil changes. After 150K he told me he switches to the thicker oil. I still use synthetic, yes it is more expensive, but I don't mind.

Cheers all,
    Julian
  • wetwillyswetwillys Posts: 24
    edited February 2013
    $9.99 oil change...is that for synthetic as well? I was told that the car comes from the factory with a blend. I plan on using either a blend or synthetic to protect the engine, not traditional. Any thought?
  • It is my understanding that most engine oils are a blend now in days and that's one of the reason they last more.