Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jjjaymmmanjjjaymmman Posts: 43
    edited February 2013
    I am military but this was not a factor for the 0% financing. Also my credit is good and I actually was pre-approved for the vehicle @ 1.99% using my bank. I kept haggling with the sales rep over the price and he would not budge on giving me an OTD price of $28,500 (no taxes for me being military and a Washington resident). When he asked if I would take 0% finance for 60 mos for $29K through Honda Financing I instantly agreed (savings of about $1,500).

The best part after I agreed to Accord price was when I offered my trade-in, which originally I told him I was not. It was a 07 Jetta I paid $8k for 3 years ago with a trade in value of $5k (there was no way it was worth close to that with the transmission problems I was having). I pushed to make the deal that I needed $6K (owed $4K) which he finally agreed after I walked out the door and he called me while I was on my way home.

I turned around, signed the papers @ 1030pm on a saturday night and financed the $27K for 60 mos with a straight principle payment of $450 a month. No extended warranty or Gap insurance. Came with all the standard options, aquapel, tire lock, tinted windows, ect. Accord EX-L V6 no Navi. overall I'm very happy about the deal.
  • $26,985 OTD, That's a good deal for an I4. Did that include a trade-in for that price or was that just for the vehicle?
  • Michael and Brian you both have some great input. Since the GPS is for the wife, I'm going to see if she likes the voice control or not. The lifetime map alone is worth the investment. Thanks.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,348
    When comparing Camry sales to Accord sales, it has to be remembered that Toyota sells huge qualities of Camrys to the rental car companies and Honda does not.

These cars are dumped en masse at the auctions around 18 months later which really hurts the resale vcalues compared to Hondas.

This really inflates Toyota's sales numbers.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,011
    Check out the Garmin Nuvi Lm50 for just under 200 dollars that model offers a 5 inch screen, voice prompts, 3d picture and lane guidance with arrows directing you. Like Mike was saying in prior post... If your not connecting blue tooth why spend the extra.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• well, whatever did the trick, it was well worth the late night hours that day.
    0% on the new 2013 i dont i have seen it. I know there is a military discount through honda of $500 now, but the 0% is definetlly a great deal.

Thanks for your reply. I have good credit so, i just hope to bump into that deal when i get mine, good luck and enjoy your ride!
  • Brian, I totally agree with you because the accord already has the Bluetooth and it works great! I was only considering a gps unit with Bluetooth if I could get one for $200 to 220 to be able to use it in my other vehicle that does not have Bluetooth (kinda using it as a mobile unit). But if the price is way more, then I probably wouldn't consider it.

Honestly, it's not a major concern at this point because realistically I really would only use it a few times a year while traveling. Providing I'm not using my cell phone nav which is why I didn't want to invest $2K more in the accord. The wife doesn't think we need it anyway and would rather I spend the money on getting her a new phone. This is more of a want versus a need (boys with their toys) for me.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,011
    JaY
    Just want to thank you for your Service to this Country. May God bless you and keep you safe.

brian

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• alcapalcap Posts: 24
    Hello all,

I wanted anybodys input on if this deal is possible. I am in NJ and looking for EX-L V6 Coupe putting no money down sign & drive finance 72 months at 400.00 per month. So far quoted 385 per month w/ 3,000 down & 440 per month sign and drive. I feel there room for more. What does anyone think???
  • Honda won't give the Military Rebate if you are retired. I've called & called, they refuse. I call it discrimination. They say Sorry.
    In all of the years I was with Honda, I NEVER heard of a Military Rebate!

Is this something new?

Ex Army guy.
  • What???? I did not have the honor to serve, but I tell u what it is outrageous and totally unfair if u ask me. Sorry for those that fall under this category. Maybe a letter to Honda will help, just a thought, but is definitely unfair as unfair can possibly be.

Gob bless you all for your service and time and I hope that rule changes.

And I do understand that they set the rules and what not, but, in this very specific case, it shouldn't matter, they should do it just to honor those that server or have served, period.

:(
  • http://autos.aol.com/cars-Honda-Accord-2013/incentives/

I bumped into it yesterday is at aol.com, it says that it expires on 3/31/13
  • hosohoso Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
  • ...and I like to really get a good deal when car shopping. There are plenty of buyers who do nothing but pay invoice or higher and that's where the dealerships make their money. The net has killed a lot of the sales tricks that isellhonda used to retire ;-) but still in person the dealerships know that a lot of people are not comfortable with negotiation.

Now as far as the vehicle, the 2013 Accord is a great car (for a mid-size sedan), and holds it's resale well. It's a great car to lease. And because Honda is always pressured by Toyota who likes to give away the Camry, and because it's a volume seller, you can always get great deals. Below Truecar for sure. I would say by the end of February if you are not getting 1k below invoice on an Accord, you just aren't even trying.

And I'm ok with then letting the dealership then make a few bucks on adding leather or something like that. Just remember that the dealership doesn't take negotiation personally, so you shouldn't either.

Have fun! :D
    That's something new! Good for them!
    You know....

Honda does something to support our troops yet they can't win!?

You think it's "outrageous and totally unfair" because they didn't include anyone who ever served in the military??

I don't think it's unfair at all and I DID serve.

If I was Honda I would feel like I had been slapped in the face.

But, that's me...
    Question for you....

WHY would ANY merchant sell ANYTHING just to lose money especially if the item in question is a strong seller?

I just don't understand, that's all.
  • I would have to type a page to perhaps a book to make my point a little more clear. But, I don't have the time and this is not the forum to do so.

Anyway, is just my personal opinion and nothing else.
  • Well you would have to ask your sales manager about that ;-). Although you know the answer already. Because the merchant still makes money, of course.

I imagine that there aren't many times when a dealer sells a vehicle at true cost. End of month, end of year....even then there are are holdbacks, doc profits, add-on profits etc.

If you sell 90% of your cars at a profit, and 10% at breakeven, the dealership still makes $.

So why do they sell honda's at 1k under invoice or more? Because they can ;-)