Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• They don't have the Color I want. But like I said before it seems to be one specific car at that price, w specific stock number. I don't think they will sale many at that price. But someone just bought one for $19,790 plus doc fees. So it is possible to get a decent price now.

Also, this was an email sent to those in their e-mail list.For that price of course I will buy now.

I had a quote from Anderson dealer last month for $20,369 and I was not even trying to get an official price quote or re send it to other dealers or what not. Just check them yourself, u will see what I mean w their email.

I will contact them tomorrow to get an idea.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,011
    edited February 2013
    You have to be careful with Anderson they do put alot of dealer add on there vehicles.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• Also, I don't live close by, so I would need something in writing w vin number and everything before I even bother w traveling so far.

After someone bought the one from them at $19, 790 (yesterday), I decided to sign up for their e-mail list today and they sent me the email tonight and decided to share. Is a presidents day special that started yesterday. So w all likelihood they will say something like "we sold that specific car" and after checking their inventory, they don't have the Color I am looking for.

But thought it gives those that perhaps live close by an idea where to start and another dealer to email when hunting for their Accord.
  • Good u mentioned it, as I am not looking for any add on. I would rather buy in nj, pa, but is good to have the option or their e-mail quote as a starting point or having it matched by a dealer near by.

Hey Brian, r u trying to get yours this weekend? I am curious as I know u were considering getting yours around this time.

I hope u do well if u decide to buy now.
    edited February 2013
    Be careful with Anderson. I'm going to try to work a deal tomm. The higher end models are not selling like the lx models. . i would of bought from Anderson last month but they had alot of crap on the vehicles and would not discount. Anderson honda was at 953 below invoice. both models i asked for had a ton of add ons. So add his doc fee's and add ons and your back around 5 or 600 below at best.. I'm wondering if his lx models were the same. Every dealer plays a different game.

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,349
    edited February 2013
    Again, you are guessing.

People should focus on the CAR and not the DEAL!

I would hate to think someone would buy a car they really dont like or a car with poor resale value over a "deal " but I know it happens.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,349
    Those "add on" you don't like (or want to pay for) may represent the ONLY profit they make on a car that you want them to sell for what they paid for it.

It's not so much a "game", it's an attempt to stay in business by making a (gasp) profit!
  • The email from Sports Honda in MD for president's Day Sale mentions clearly :
    Its a Door Buster and only 1 Accord LX CVT at 18495 + Dest at that price.
    Rest of the Accord LX CVT are 19670 + Dest.
  • Yes, I was aware of that and it started Saturday. Either way, even that is a good price. I won't necessarily buy it now, but like I said before is another option for those looking in that area or those that will buy now.
  • Never mind, that price is just average (I didn't realize the dest fee) and the car for that price was an specific stock number as I mentioned in a previous post. Someone bought for them this weekend at a $19, 790 w dest. So, again it is just another dealer that people may consider when buying.
  • By the way, my e-mail didn't specify how much the rest of the LX would go for. It had other trims and other Honda models. Good that u pointed that out.
  • hondaccord09hondaccord09 Posts: 14
    edited February 2013
    When you say you are $1600 below invoice, you are accounting for the value of your car. The OTD price, independent of any trade in, is the figure that should be looked at - $21,221, which is a really good price. That $19,700 figure is misleading to believe that someone could get a new Honda for that price! Sure they can get that price if they trade in their used car that is worth thousands of dollars, or worth $500.

I negotiate my trade in separate from the price of the new car. When the dealer asks me do I have a trade in, I say no. Then I turn around and say I do have a trade in. Dealers do not lose money on a trade in. They want to make more money off of your trade in!
  • Accord 2013 EXL
    The dealer made final offer of $ 28,500 ( including TTL + Add ons). i think i can bring him down to 27,500.
    Guys what say !!! ?
  • I got offer on Accord 2013 EXL V4 from the dealer of $ 28,500 ( Including TTL & Add ons) I think i can bring him down to $ 27,500.
  • That V4 is hard to find; i doubt he'll go lower... ;)
  • gq2530gq2530 Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    I got an offer on Accord 2013 LX from the dealer of $ 22,500 ( OTD price), including tint, splash guards, wheel lock and trunk tray. Is there any bargain room?
  • Not much. What's the breakdown? price, accessories, tax rate...
  • Actually I do not know much about the details, tax rate is 6.25% here in tx
  • mang1mang1 Posts: 9
    edited February 2013
    Just negotiated this deal at my dealer today in MA...can you guys tell me what you think!

MSRP $24980

Sale Price (including destination charge) $21,634.00

6.25% MA Sales Tax $1352.13

Documentation Fee $352.75

New Plates & Registration $125.00

Total Price $23,463.88
    Dealer told me today the destination charge its now 810 went up from $790. Can anyone confirm this.