Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,020
    What dealership????????????

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• mang1mang1 Posts: 9
    Commonwealth! Are you shopping or did you recently buy?
  • Just inked a deal at Honda Cars of Boston. 2013 Accord EXL v6 with Navi.

PURCHASE PRICE - $28,500 including all fees.
    FINANCING - 1.9% for 60 months
    TRADE - 2003 Civic coupe with 130k. $3,000 value. (Edmunds put it at $2,400)

Extras included- Trunk tray & Winter mats.

I negotiated with 4 Honda dealerships and Honda Cars of Boston beat the next best offer by $368 plus the extra.

I hope this helps anybody currently negotiating in the Boston area. I'm happy to share my experience for any of those that want to private message me.

Best of Luck with your research and car buying experience. :)
    what was the sale price of the vehicle.......tks

TKS

• I bought the ex-l no navi for 28,200 otd but they made me add the extend 8 years warranty for an additional $2,300. I've had my car for less than a week. Is it too late to take it out? I really didn't want it.
    Cristee
    Sorry to hear about what your sleazy dealership did to you. Most dealerships always get over on a first time buyer.... Dealerships are good at that. Dont feel so bad very common practice. The bigger question is???????????

Why would you agree to something you did not want? $2300 Call the honda corp and tell them the dealership mislead and took advantage of you Tell them you want a refund or you will report that dealership to your state/ consumer complaint/ affairs board.
    Enjoy your new car............ good luck

• pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    edited February 2013
    REF: 28511
    "They made me"
    1. Did they hold a gun to your head?
    2. The price for that coverage is double what it should be. Unless you live in Florida, you can buy the same plan for half that price from two reputable Honda dealers.
    3. You don't have to buy it at the time of sale. You can buy it anytime during the 3yr/36k basic warranty.
    4. i hope you can unwind that screw job you got. Get to work!
    edited February 2013
    I guess if that last post was real we could assume

The Honda salesman are always looking to give us a fair price and not get over.
    THEY Have to make a profit to. I like to send our friend who buys $4 milk to that dealership so he could feel good about himself...... You just cant make this stuff up

You would think making her pay $1400 for what that coverage is worth but they went for the jugular.
    This was like a pitbull in the ring with a rooster. No chance at all
    Let the manager ring that bell again.. Good job Honda.

• I got this from one of the Accord geek forums. Edmunds won't let me link to it but the info is worth reading:

"Thanks everyone for the great information. The thread should help many make the decision which may or may not be the same as mine.
    I think the main points are:
    1. Make sure it is Honda Care and not some Fly by Night Company.
    2. You do not have to get it at the time of sale.
    3. It is usually cheaper to get it from a different Honda dealer. http://hyannishondacare.com/ was the cheapest of the ones I looked at.
    I've a strong believer in being self insured. I get insurance for catastrophic things like health, home, and auto accidents. Auto accident is more that should I get sued up the wazoo then auto body damage. Being self insured means sometimes I will have to pay but over the long run, I will be well ahead. I was concern about the DI and CVT but the power train warranty which comes with the car is 5 years/60k miles. I also believe in Honda engineering.

Peace of mind means different things to different people. To me it means not spending money for something I did not need or want. I often spent money on things I did not need but wanted.
    At this time, I decided not to get Honda Care."
  • ar831ar831 Posts: 10
    I recently purchased a 2013 Honda Acord EX.

I “traded in” my 2010 Honda Crosstour lease that I owed 8 more payments of $391 on for a total owed of $3,128. There was no positive equity in the vehicle.

I have a 561 credit score (horrible credit because of my divorce)
    I put $1,500 down
    I got a 9.49% interest rate for 72 months
    Vehicle price including accessories, delivery and installation charges: $26,399.92
    Plus 6% tax, transfer of tag, 6 year or 72,000 mile warranty, 5 year tire warranty, tinted windows for a total of $29,262.03
    Payments come out to $535 a month

Did I get a good deal?
  • mihinkmihink Posts: 28
    edited February 2013
    9.49% interest!! I hope you pay it off quickly. That is the higest APR I have seen on a new car over the last 10 years. Why did you buy a warranty, tire protection, tint, etc? Those are all huge $$$ money makers for the dealers and not worth it on a car like a reliable Honda.

I am sorry I have to say it..there's one born every minute
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    edited February 2013
    I bought the ex-l no navi for 28,200 otd but they made me add the extend 8 years warranty for an additional $2,300. I've had my car for less than a week. Is it too late to take it out? I really didn't want it.

I would like to know how to make someone buy something they don't want, but they still buy it. I will make a killing selling useless stuff for a great profit.

Was there a gun involved? Then it is a robbery.

Did they hold your child and would not release until you buy? Then it was a hostage situation.

Did they threaten to break your legs or "feed the fish in the East River"? Sounds like it may have been Tony Soprano.

Any one of the 3 scenarios above would nullify the contract under most states' laws, as you were not at free will to sign the contract at the time.

Anyway, read the warranty documents that you signed, and there should be cancellation policy. You have the documents, we don't.
    I recently purchased a 2013 Honda Acord EX.

I “traded in” my 2010 Honda Crosstour lease that I owed 8 more payments of $391 on for a total owed of $3,128. There was no positive equity in the vehicle.

I have a 561 credit score (horrible credit because of my divorce)
    I put $1,500 down
    I got a 9.49% interest rate for 72 months
    Vehicle price including accessories, delivery and installation charges: $26,399.92
    Plus 6% tax, transfer of tag, 6 year or 72,000 mile warranty, 5 year tire warranty, tinted windows for a total of $29,262.03
    Payments come out to $535 a month

Did I get a good deal?

Yes, a very good deal for the dealership!
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    Let the manager ring that bell again.. Good job Honda.

Lol. He setting off fireworks on that one. :P
    There used to be a board for "Help me, I am upside down on my car loan"

Financial down turn seems to have all but eliminated the ability for people to keep buying cars without having positive equity in their current one, or cash to break it even.

It seems like the economy is picking up and, based on a few recent posts, we will be having more people posting on the "Help me I am upside down on my car loan" in the near future.
  • The friend that I brought with me told me that I should and after 8 hours in there, the dealer said I had two minutes to decide. Like I said first time car buyers, I gave into pressure. I found out I could've just prechase it later instead of paying for its interest now. And it's just 1,500.
    That V4 is hard to find; i doubt he'll go lower...

Let me tell you about the Honda V4. I had one in the 1983 Honda Magna, it had a V45 enigne with a 6 speed sequential transmission. It went 0-60 in 3 seconds!!!! It was faster than a Porsche 911 Turbo.

I can only imagine what a V4 30 years later will do.

If someone finds an Accord with a V4, they should grab it, and pay no matter what the asking price is, as long as it is not crippled by the automatic. those engines rev to 15,000 RPM, I am not aware of any Honda automatic, conventional or CVT capable of operating at 15,000 RPM.
    edited February 2013
    The friend that I brought with me told me that I should and after 8 hours in there, the dealer said I had two minutes to decide. Like I said first time car buyers, I gave into pressure. I found out I could've just prechase it later instead of paying for its interest now. And it's just 1,500.

8 hours? They should be paying you!

Was your friend there to help you? Has the friend had any experience buying a car? Did you or the friend read any of the guides on here on car buying?

What would have happened if you had just walked out after 8 hours?

Read the warranty documents. Hope that it is Honda Care, and if it is not, hope that it has Cancellation policy. Follow the policy to get your money back. Some states also have recission laws. Check your state laws.

Yes, lots of reading ahead. But, that is the only way to learn. You could have avoided the situation you got into by reading ahead of time. So, now you just have to read more to help you un-do what has been done.
  • isloverislover Posts: 32
    edited February 2013
    first of all - i don't see the need for the rudeness on this forum to this girl and others! people come here for help - not to be put down or insulted! if you really feel the need to be mean people - do it somewhere else...

CHRISTEEVEE =]

we bought a honda accord a couple months ago (in south Florida - not sure if this is where you are also) and we were also FORCED by the dealer to take the Honda Care Warranty with the sale - they would NOT do the sale without the extended warranty - period

no smart [non-permissible content removed] replier before me - they did not "hold a gun to our head" but they did force us to take the warranty with the deal, because this is where they - the dealer and finance person - make $ - we asked repeatedly for it to be removed - but they would not do it

also - we asked the finance "lady" about removing it before we even signed the paperwork - she LIED TO US and said "sure, after you make 3 payments - come see me - i'll take it off for you" as if she was doing us a favor... please... we are NOT stupid! if we had listened to her and waited after 3 payments, which would have been way over 90 days because the first payment was put out 45 days - then we would be screwed and stuck - and of course - SHE would make her $$$ !

we went home and did our own research and immediately called Honda Care - thank goodness we learned after that we could remove it - and now i can share this great advice and finding with you CHRISTEEVEE!

on your contract, or with your paperwork, is the phone number for Honda Care - all you have to do is call them and tell them you don't want the warranty - they fax you a form (or mail it if you don't have fax) - you sign it, fax it (or mail it) back to them - and they remove the entire amount from your owed loan balance - yes, it is that easy - we did it (you have 60 days from the date of purchase to cancel the Honda Care warranty - it is stated on the back of the paperwork)

we were charged $1040 for a 60 month warranty we did not want - when we removed the Honda Care - which took them about a week - very quick! - it removed $1040 from our loan amount

so think of it this way: you paid $28200 for your car
    paid $ 2300 for your Honda Care warranty
    -- remove it
    and you actually paid $25900 for your car =]

this doesn't change the amount of your payments - but will mean that you will pay your loan off sooner!

depending on what your monthly payment is - and your interest rate - you can calculate it yourself when your loan will end

i know you are a first time buyer - but please do not feel badly - we bought our 29th car and this happened to us also. we drive a hard bargain - and we got it - but dealers are vicious sharks who will do anything to make their $$$

do you really see yourself keeping this car for 8 years? that's an awful long time...usually when you are young, you will not keep a car for 8 years - and you won't need the warranty - most things are covered under the regular, no cost Honda warranty that comes with your car anyway

if you have any questions - and if you are financed with Honda Financial Services - just call and ask them - we are financed through them and they are extremely nice and helpful in every call we have made - including when we cancelled the warranty - they did not give us a hard time at all

GOOD LUCK CRISTEEVEE

hope that i have helped you through what we went through as well
    =]