Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    edited February 2013
    ffelt so bad that I asked my wife to help them and show them the invoice price on the Iphone atleast. They were able to negotiate a better deal after that even though the salesman was so freakin mad at me.

You're lucky that salesman didn't reach across his desk and strangle both of you. ;)
    You probably cost him a couple hundred bucks in commission.

I bet the two girls were cute. :blush:

A customer, without a clue, comes into a dealership to buy a car...it's their fault. You can't realistically expect a dealership to give awAy money, which is what they'd be doing.
  • Do you mind share the purchase price details? Thanks a lot.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    edited February 2013
    this country is still in economic despair - in case you haven't noticed - and divorce, foreclosure, credit card issues, and a host of other problems negatively affect the majority of this country's personal credit scores

I thought I was pretty well versed in the logic behind credit score calculations. I am still trying to figure out how divorce affects it. I see it mentioned a few times, by different people. But, how is divorce affecting the credit rating?

Credit rating is based on the past record of paying bills on time, income to debt ratio and a few other finance related categories. There is no rating for being single, married, divorced, or otherwise.

Do people stop paying their financial obligations when they go through divorce? That I can see hapenning, where one or both parties, out of spite, stop paying back the loans. But, divorce, in of itself should not affect one's credit score.

When someone gets married, their credit scores do not magically get higher just because they got married. Why should they magically drop when someone is divorced. Unless, of course, they are being spiteful and fail to complete their financial obligations.
    blueiedgod can you please explain why so I can contact the dealer and let them know that I am unhappy.

First of all. Are you unhappy? Or are you unhappy because some annonymouse person on the internet told you that you are unhappy?

If you are perfectly happy paying $40,020 for an Accord EX (hopefully it is a V6 at that price), then you should not contact them.

If you can't figure out where $40,020 came from, and don't care to know, then you don't need to contact them either.

I am not going to tell you that you are unhappy, if you are perfectly happy.
  • You answered your question in your last paragraph. When they decided to get a divorce, my cousin's wife charge $30K on their joint AMEX card, knowing her prominent attorney husband would pay the bills.
    The lease for the car my wife drive's is in my name. Do you think she would start making the payments if she split.
    Fortunately, I went through an amicable divorce in my first marriage but I have heard horror stories. Be careful with joint credit.
    And don't forget that alimony and child support can cause financial hardship.
    Please stick with auto purchase comments in this forum.
    You answered your question in your last paragraph. When they decided to get a divorce, my cousin's wife charge $30K on their joint AMEX card, knowing her prominent attorney husband would pay the bills.
    The lease for the car my wife drive's is in my name. Do you think she would start making the payments if she split.
    Fortunately, I went through an amicable divorce in my first marriage but I have heard horror stories. Be careful with joint credit.
    And don't forget that alimony and child support can cause financial hardship.
    Please stick with auto purchase comments in this forum.

That was my question. How is marital status relevant to the Credit history and the subsequent auto purchase. Thank you for clarifying it, and confirming what I had originally thought. It is completely IRRELEVANT.
  • i was trying to get price quotes on the Accord LX CVT, and i tried via cars.com, edmunds.com, carwoo.com, but i haven't received any decent price quote. They are sneding me their automated "e-price" quote that is around 20100+790 dest which is pretty bad, any suggestions (like any other websites or something), thanks.
    edited February 2013
    i was trying to get price quotes on the Accord LX CVT, and i tried via cars.com, edmunds.com, carwoo.com, but i haven't received any decent price quote. They are sneding me their automated "e-price" quote that is around 20100+790 dest which is pretty bad, any suggestions (like any other websites or something), thanks.

Have you tried www.carsdirect.com or American Express car buying service?

Perhaps it is the going price. What are you looking to pay?
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,347
    Once again, Brian I can tell you really don't know the business like you think you do.

You wrote.." What dealer wants a 5 or 6 yr (old) car??????????????"

Actually those are the ones in the greatest demand. A nice 5 year old car that is a popular model are in very high demand. We would take those cars, detail them to perfection, run them through a 105 point inspection and do whatever reconditioning was necessary. We couldn't get enough of them. If they did happen to need any of those items you mentioned, we would do the work and show the buyers what we did.

We would even sell nice ten year old and older Hondas and Toyotas.

We would NOT keep Audis, Land Rovers, Volvos or Volkswagens. These we would take to the auctions or wholesale them. Years of experience caused these decisions to be made. We didn't need the headaches or unhappy customers. On rare instances we would perhaps make an exception but we never kept a Land Rover or an Audi.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,002
    Your email quotes will only get you so far with pricing. To secure your best deal You need to negotiate One on One with either internet manager or sales manager by phone letting them know you will buy immediately with a credit card deposit the last days of this month.
    Your other option is on feb,28th go visit several dealers and make your best deal.
    You will never find a good price the way you are going about your business.
    you have no leverage the way your trying to buy this accord.
    read my prior post and do what i'm saying and you will secure your best deal in your area.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

edited February 2013
    Well thats great news your telling me. Most be something new. I guess the dealership you worked at was one of the very few who gave that trade in car a good value. Like i posted.. Over the many years i have inquired about a trade in from time to time All my cars are garaged kept nothing needed to be replaced or fixed. dealers never offered me fair market value. Why is that?? My cars are in demand.

My neighbor down the block tried to trade in his 3, 1/2 yr lexus. The dealership felt mabey this old guy is stupid enough and told him the best he could do was about 8 thousand less than book. Just not a demand car i guess.

I'm assuming i really dont know this car business like you.

• benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,621
    edited February 2013
    That's more than $2300 off the list price. Sounds pretty good to me.

Invoice on an LX CVT is about $21300+. You are getting a below invoice price on an all-new car that's winning awards and comparison tests. Go for it. Enjoy!+++
  • jimmytulsajimmytulsa Posts: 48
    edited February 2013
    The dealer is out there to rip you off on the trade-in. Keep haggling and he may give you addl $500.
  • Not yet, but will try. I know Anderson offered me the $19, 579 plus $790 destination. They are kind of far from me. I am in PA. Will contact managers as Brian suggested. My target OTD is $21.5 but if I get it for an extra $300 I would consider. We will see.
    Dealers use NADA pricing or Galves prices.All low ball figures. Every now and then a dealer will advertise a trade at kbb price. If your not selling your car privately at 4/5/6 yrs dont expect top dollar. Hopefully you may get a fair price from the dealership.

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,347
    Brian, I hate repeating myself but dealers pay what they think the trades are worth and rarely stick to "book" prices.

Then, unlike private sellers, they have to consider the costs of reconditioning the trades, doing detail and minor dent rempval and touch ups if necessary.

If you don't like what you are offered, SELL IT YOURSELF! You might get lucky or you might get stuck dealing with flakes, joyriders, people who never show up etc. A lot of risks involved.

Also, in many states there is a sales tax credit on the value of trade in's. This can be substancial if the trade is worth a lot.
  • noselling1noselling1 Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    Hi all,
    Just wanted to share a quote I got from College Park Honda. I dare anyone to beat it!
    2013 Accord LX CVT.
    Included
    199 doc,

500 market adj. (they must been selling Ferrari before)

995 mud guards, wheel locks.

24964, BEFORE TTL!

I could barely hold myself from laughing.
  • Try Anderson Honda. They are the only ones to give u an upfront price without the run around.
  • LX msrp 23270 sell 20530
    sport msrp 24980 sell 22083
    ex msrp 26195 sell 22891

Only 3 of 8 dealers responded to the carwoo request
    Prices are pre-tax and dmv fees but do include the maximum doc fee for my state
  • Just got an offer of $24,900 for the car. I pay TTL of 3.25% myself.