Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Where are you located? What dealerships are giving u these prices? Thanks
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    edited February 2013
    this is an update to my earlier post. Sorry for leaving out a couple details:

LX msrp 23270 sell 20530
    sport msrp 24980 sell 22083
    ex msrp 26195 sell 22891

Sadly, only 3 of 8 dealers responded to the carwoo request
    Prices are pre-tax and dmv fees but do include the maximum doc fee for my state (Ohio)

Surprised at the poor response in SW Ohio. We have about as many Honda dealerships as fat chix in this area. Guess they still feel in control of the Accord supply/demand situation, for now...
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,680
    ?

Those prices look good to me. What do you mean about poor response....?
  • When going thru the initial carwoo process, they force you to select a minimum # of dealers for the bidding process. Initially, I selected 5 dealerships that i was familiar with in my area. I excluded 2 dealers that i knew were scumbags based on prior experience in 2010. The carwoo robot required me to select an additional 3 dealers to bring the total number up to 8. Of the 8 selected, only 3 responded. While i agree that the prices i posted are excellent (my view), it would have been better to get additional bids so i would have more than one dealer to choose from. The process evolved over 2 weeks with very easy communication back-and-forth via the carwoo web site. I really liked that part. This was a beta project for me as i wanted to see how/if the process works and it does. It is free to try for one vehicle (unless you have multiple e-mail accounts), so why not...
    edited February 2013
    I think many dealers who are outside of someone's immediate area don't bother to respond to these price quote requests from sites like Carwoo. I got about the same response level you did, but like you still got a good price.

Basically through Carwoo and other things like it customers are getting low prices on a hot product. Many dealers probably figure they can sell a 2013 Accord for a higher price than it would take to get a sale thru Carwoo. Nothing wrong with that.

When a Honda dealer decides to practically "give away" a car at below invoice, I think they are hoping to make it back and make some money on the trade, the extended warranty, and the accessories.

But some Honda dealers don't want to give away an all-new best-in-class award-winning car. They want to make some money on it. Fair enough!

But there are enough Accords around that those of us who are looking for a good price can find one. You don't need 8 good quotes. All you need is one good quote.
  • I will say the opposite. I got my best quotes so far from dealers far away via Edmunds. The lowest is Anderson and then a dealer in PA that isn't close to me. My local dealer claims like every other dealer that they will match my lowest offer but I am still waiting for the carwoo qquotes to come in. We will see.
  • caryccaryc Posts: 1
    to isellhondas, you are dishonest, I bought a 2013 honda accord v6 in november for 27999, i posted all this information on this forum but under forum name carcam123, forgot my password. Just look me up anyone in this forum from those dates. I know my price was good for the time, but better can be had now. Weymouth honda in mass. will give you internet pricing if you simply log in. I did use this official quote to e mail several dealerships in my pennsylvania area. None of them in my area wanted anything to do with me, Ray Price honda in the poconos was able to give me this price. the 27999 price was beforee ttl. but included destination fee. The list on this car was 31000. isellhondas guy is full of you know what. I was completely ready to drive to boston to get my car. Ray price was direct and forthcoming and truthful, so i only had to drive 100 miles.. to anyone buying honda. Just get official quote from weymouth just by logging in at there website. You will get excellent price right off bat. either buy from them, or use it to compare/ shop at nearer dealership. Brian125 is completely and positively correct, I dont know who he is, and i have never used forums before, but his advice is excellent. If you look back in this forum, you will see my post as carcam123. from my experience, below invoice is achievable. my price was almost 2800 below list. For all those buying new honda, go to Weymouth honda website, register, and you will have actual price in your hand. Use it. It will infuriate your local honda dealer, but it is a price that brian123 will be proud of. It is possible to go lower. Read all posts in this forum and you will learn alot. isellhondas is trying to say that 1000 below invoice is impossible. That is not true. I did not quite get below invoice in november, but I did get fantastic price. Read everything in this forum for last 5 months. Use this information and all advice brian123 is giving. I have no idea who he is, but he is correct. Do not deal in person with any dealership. Find the internet manager, use Weymouth quote as actually available and move on from there. Just register in their website and you will see excellent price on any honda model, Hell just buy it from them. isellhondas go shove it
  • jimmytulsajimmytulsa Posts: 48
    edited February 2013
    $24,900 so far. I pay TTL
    edited February 2013
    Hey folks, no need to be rude to anyone.

Isell has a valuable perspective. Many here appreciate his point of view and insights, as well as his sense of humor and perspective.

Yes, of course, he tilts toward the salesperson's side of things, because that was his job for many years—selling Hondas.

But he points out many times, and accurately, that salespeople are people who need to make a living, just like we do, and who have feelings, just like we do.

Some salespeople are unethical. Some customers are unethical. So there's bad on both sides. There's also good on both sides.

Let's try here in our discussions to bring out the good.

Yes, we want low prices, and that's the point of this thread. But it's compatible with being friendly and ethical to your salesperson and letting them make at least a small (or even medium) profit somewhere in the deal....

Just my 2 cents.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,603
    " None of them in my area wanted anything to do with me"

Gee, I wonder why?

I also am wondering why I would respond to a name caller with third grade writing skills?
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,603
    I appreciate the support!

I really have no "dog in the fight" since I retired two years ago. Even when I was working I never used these forums to promote myself.

I only try to temper some of the questionable advice that I read here.

I want low prices on the items I buy as much as anyone else. I also want to be treated in an above board manner by a friendly, down to earth sales staff.

When people focus ONLY on price they can find it a miserable procedure.
  • I am in the Philly area and I have been looking to buy a new car for some time. I was willing to wait for a while till the prices come down, and going by the prices posted in this forum recently I think people are getting way below invoice (I have seen 1000 - 1500 below invoice for the EX-L trims). I test drove an EX-L V6 and when the sales person asked if he wanted to talk numbers, I figured why not. I did my research, know the MSRP and invoice prices, what people were buying for here, the True Car estimates. I even have pre-approved financing from PenFed. His first quote was half way between invoice and MSRP. I told him, there's no point playing these games, and if you match my offer, I am ready to buy. I offered him 1000 below invoice (but was ready to buy slightly higher, rounding up the OTD price by a couple of hundred dollars). He comes back offering to sell at invoice price (there's the first wrong move, you just dropped your price by $1300 without any pressure). I stuck with my offer and walked out, he just missed a chance to do a quick sale.

I was wondering if we should all go as a group and all offer to buy same day if we could get a good deal without any shenanigans ? Seriously, they would sell 3-4 cars in a day, no prolonged process and everyone's time is saved. No carwoo or true car, just pass on part of the savings to the customer.
    edited February 2013
    REF: 28638
    I also belong to penfed and looked up their car buying service for your deal:
    MSRP 30860
    estimated member price 27492 (excludes doc fees and dmv fees)
    for comparison:
    weymouth price 27339 (same exclusions)
    So, what did you offer and what did he come back with? FWIW, I find invoice prices useless since they do not reflect true dealer cost...
  • MSRP: 30,860. Invoice: 28,300. The first price he quoted was $29,600 (I literally did a face-palm when I saw that quote, may be I was being too naive and optimistic about dealers not playing games for a quick sale). I told him I did my research, there is public information about what people are paying and that this price was way too high. He asked me for my offer.

My offer was $27,300 (but I was ready to go up by another $ 200 if he could find my color choice and do the deal quickly). The penfed member price in my area is $28,200. The doc fees in this area is usually around $130. Is your member price in Ohio ? I would have made the purchase if someone offered me that price here in the Philly area with the color I wanted.
  • This where I stand now. $19,479 plus $790. Doc fee waived by dealer. I am trying to see if myllocal dealer will beat the price by $100 as they claim. If they do I will buy. I am also pre approved by PENFED.

I was also going to wait but since we may need that second car by next week. Plus giving the price I am getting. I will most likely buy it now. Specially if they beat it by $100. Plus they offer a 7yrs or 100K miles at no cost they claim.

I am in the Lehigh Valley area. Not sure if they will go any lower or if they will match t at this point. My suggestion is try Weymouth price and Anderson Honda. Not sure about your invoice. Let me know I will consider buying w someone else. I don't have a trade.
    edited February 2013
    REF: 28640
    I logged into my penfed account and then went to the car buying service. Price of 27492 is for the SW Ohio area. Surprised it is ~$700 more in your area. Yet the weymouth price up in Boston is even lower. Hmmmmm.
    BTW, have you researched the problem SOME are having with the VCM on the V-6 Accord?
  • Any CVT issues experienced in the 4-cylinder?
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,424
    edited February 2013
    Carcam,
    I read your comments thanks for the support and i'm glad i helped you save a few dollars. The main thing is you recieved a good deal. Use what ever excellent advise you took from me and help other buyers down the road.Thats all i ever asked anyone to do in these forums the last 15 yrs.

I keep on posting in this honda forum i now the market is hard right now to get that knock out deal were all looking for. I tried last month and i used 5 states to judge the market.

Above poster is correct MR BEN you are buying a great vehicle and 95% of you will not get 1000 plus below invoice this month. If your ready to buy make your best deal using my price guide North East. By all means try to get that knock out price first. Then settle on your best price. If time is on your side wait another month.

My prior post til stands you need to buy the last day of this month. The market price is 400 to 875 below invoice on most models plus Doc fee's. The Lx and lower end models are selling cheaper.... Dealers have alot more on there lots.. Maybe if you contact the right dealer at months end you might be able to take one off there lot cheaper than i posted. The harder part for you is finding that one or two dealers who will sell it

You can lead a Camel to water put you cant make it drink.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

edited February 2013
    REF: 28641
    Talk about a squeeze play. We may have to call you "brian126"
    20.3k + zero doc + ttl is an excellent deal. Add in the great financing: "Limited Time Offer: .49% APR for 48 months." I don't see how you do any better.

FWIW, anyone can join PENFED; you don't have to be military affiliated. For the genpop, the most it will cost is a one-time fee of $15 to join thru an affiliate. you could save hundreds either using the car buying service or the very low auto loan rates.

"Most everyone else can become a member through a one-time $15 donation to Voices for America’s Troops."
  • LOL, my thoughts too. Do you still get that .49% rate after getting the pre approved draft at 1.49% ?

@mvperez4jesus: That's a great price for the car in the area, if your local dealer even matches it, just pull the trigger and be thankful for PenFed.