Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Invoice on a Sport with automatic tranny is $23,127, including destination. You should be able to get us car easily for $22,600, and perhaps a few hundred lower if you are a good negotiator.
  • Just to keep track of what actually happenned here, the OTD price paid was $27,000 which means the Sale price (including the options and addons and the protection package) is around $26,000 for a car with $26,400 invoice. Even if the protection package is valued at half the price (arbitrary, I have no idea what these packages should cost or are sold for outside), say $350, the Sale price is about $750 below invoice; I'd say that is a very good deal for someone who is looking to buy immediately. Enjoy the new car!
  • Question: there is a Honda logo and a number in all of my Windows. I don't think is the vin etching thing, as they don't match my VIN number. I saw it in my 08 accord, but no sure if it is the part number or serial number than Honda uses to track their cars or parts.

I am looking to add the vin etching myself. Any suggestions? I saw some online sellers, anyone dealt w any of them? Thanks.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,024
    edited March 2013
    Just deleted my message by mistake.
    The Honda Accord sound system is ok nothing great.

If your sound system is like the one in my X-5
    with over 600 watts your comparing apples to oranges. Big diff.

The Hyundai Genesis has one of the best sound systems that i have heard.
    Plus any vehicle with Bang & Olufsen/ Mark levinson systems..

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• jimmytulsajimmytulsa Posts: 48
    edited March 2013
    I agree with Brian. The 360 watt audio system is just middle of the road in the EX-L CVT. I was hoping for a better system, bit disappointed.
  • starik79starik79 Posts: 2
    Buying 2013 Honda Accord Sport CVT in upstate NY for $22340 (~$600 under invoice) with financing before taxes and $100 fee. Also negotiated 6 years / 120 K miles extended warranty for $900. Honda Remote starter ($500 including installation)
  • starik79starik79 Posts: 2
    I ordered report from Consumer Reports for $14 that gives all the numbers what dealer paid and what incentives they get. I closed the deal on 2013 Honda Accord Sport CVT for $22340 including destination before taxes and $100 fee. I even negotiated 6yr/120k extended warranty for $900 instead of $1500.
  • ziggy25aziggy25a Posts: 24
    baylag, Weymouth Honda has very competitive prices near Boston and even posts their pricing on their website.
    edited March 2013
    jimmy
    i didn't realize til i read your post. The honda sound system is 360 watts.
    I'm sorry it should sound much better than whats comming out.

maybe its the speakers???

• jk2395jk2395 Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy the 2013 Honda Accord coupe ex-l and was going to go through my uncle for it as he works for a group of dealerships, one of which is for Honda (he doesn't work for the Honda branch though). He had told me that the price would be just under 27k including tax (this was also including the remote engine starter) which seemed like a good price. However, when I spoke to the car dealer at Honda today he said the 27k price was before any tax and that with the tax it would come out to just under 30k.

I havent had a chance to speak with my uncle about it yet but was just wondering what everyone's opinion was of the price. I feel like I could go to any dealership and get the car for under 30k.
  • anagoreeanagoree Posts: 8
    do you need to provide VIN number for CR report? How did you manage to reserve Accord for that VIN number from the dealer when you was waiting for CR report?
    you are correct. you could get that deal on your own.

CR REPORTS,

Save your money. Look on Edmunds Web site...... New car prices for the make and model your looking for. Msrp and invoice pricing on all vehicles are listed. Other sites are KBB.com/ MSN Auto/ AOL Auto and Yahoo auto

No Vin number is needed to buy CR pricing report just your 14 dollars.

• huskerfan5huskerfan5 Posts: 163
    It's been fifteen years since I ordered a report from CR but I believe they include dealer holdback as well as current dealer incentives.

I have found KBB to be more accurate than Edmunds.
  • jimmytulsajimmytulsa Posts: 48
    edited March 2013
    Brian,

Yeah, EX-L CVT needs better speakers and system. Need a Acura or Lexus...for premium sound? Did seriously look at the C300 but the V6, premium gas and reliability kept me away.

Are you using real gas or gas with corn on the cob (ethanol)?

Bought 8yrs/120K miles $100 deduct HondaCare from Hyannis for $970. Wonder if it is the lowest price?? Has a 60 day buyers' remorse clause.
  • Just purchased a new Accord Touring in Northern Joisey, $30,677 including destination charge + $650 doc&DMV fees= $31,327

Best price from about 6-8 dealers canvassed in the region
    Honda has upgraded the radio in the pilot.
    I think if honda gets enough complaints about the system they may upgrade.

I call this growing pains 1st yr... stepping up to the big boy table. Hope honda builds on this first yr.
    I'd like to see a electric sun shade for back window
    remove that stupid parking brake from center console
    Upgrade change stereo along with a few other little changes.

Overall honda did a very good job on this 1st yr model for the price..

• jatanjatan Posts: 92
    Honda Care is a good decision since the 2013 is a first year redesign. It will have problems down the road and it'll take Honda a while to come out with fixes (TSBs), but you're probably better off with a zero deductible plan. $100 deductible for a repair here and there will eventually add up for 8 yrs/120k miles -- paying the extra ~$100 upfront is worth it for a zero deductible plan (1 repair under the extended warranty and you break even)

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/
    2003 redesign, complaints jumped
    2008 redesign, complaints jumped

Similar for the Civic's 2001 & 2006 redesigns
  • seanh2oseanh2o Posts: 27
    Feel good with the purchase today in Orange County, CA for 2013 Accord EX.

Targeted the best price (22695) and walked out with 22552. OTD was 25k.

Interesting thing was my sales rep came back with 22866 but actually gave me more discount. I later found out during the signing time (when bunch of plans and warranties are presented). I didn't mention anything until I got my key and later thanked my sales person. He told me he wanted to give me a break for my warranty or protection plan, but he has never seen anyone just walk out not purchasing even the gap protection plan. It felt good and was the first time in my life that someone volunteered to give more discount.

I think realistically one should target 23000. I did return leased 2010 Civic, which I owed 600 dollars for bumper damage. They also had lease return coupon for 200 (just returning) and 500 (return and new purchase/lease).

Thanks to all posted.
  • evped2evped2 Posts: 21
    Wow, great price. I paid 22,700 for my EX with a manual transmission. The CVT is about $800 more. If I knew that, I may have sprung for the automatic for about the same price.