Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mike372mike372 Posts: 354
    Thanks. I live in northern NJ and best price is 21220 (autosport)with dest and 299 doc fee. At the end of October 2012,the best price I could get was 21200 including dest and doc fee, excluding reg fee and NJ tax. I am going to contact the dealer which gave me the price last October and ask for 20,500 inc dest and doc fee. But I dont think they are going to say yes. You got an excellent deal at Anderson. Yesterday, I registered with their website so I probably wil get a call. Did you get the price by registering first or did you just call the dealership? My 2000 Civic odometer just reached the 260K mark and I cant wait any longer. How did you get them to waive the doc fee, I have discovered that is almost impossible (even Brian125 could not do that inMD.)
  • No I emailed them using cars.com I believe or Edmunds. Just email the dealers that people are posting that are willing to work w u. My salesperson was Jim Kelly. Tell him that mvperez4jesus sent u. He was very good
  • Their original offer was $300 more plus doc fees. Then, I told them that I didn't want any accessories (as it included mudgards, wheel locks and something else). I also told them that in order to earn my business, it had to be worth the trip. Meaning a few hundred off versus my local dealers. Then they came back w the final number.

I am telling u, no dealer and I mean no dealer in our area was willing to beat/match or come close to the price. The closest I go about 1:30 min away in pa was $22.150 otd. And believe me, I emailed every dealer possible in nj and pa. Maybe 2 in ny. Though Not the good ones.

Some salespeople were honest and told me to get the deal if it was true. Other dealerships were trying to convince me that the deal was a gimmick.

All I can say is that the gimmick is sitting in my driveway...lol.

Just follow the instructions and see. The dealers in nj w 6% pa taxes quoted me like 22.4 otd.
    Now, in my case I also needed the car asap and had no choice but to pull the trigger. I wanted to wait until memorial day. If u can't plan a trip to md. They are way more competitive and straight forward w prices and what not.
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,856
    Just a question: for those of us who have already bought the 2013 Honda Accord, is there a general forum to discuss it? I don't see one.

Try here

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

I believe you in that probably no dealer in NJ or PA is going to match your price. The absolute lowest I got last October was from Ray Price in Stroudsburg, the offer was 21,000 plus 129 doc fee plus 65 for some sort of in transit tax because I lived in Nj and was buying the car in PA, plus NJ reg and state tax. I do have the time to drive to MD I just want to make sure the price they quote is worth it and when I come with the bank check I can drive home with the Accord LX CVT sedan the same day. I dont buy new cars very often so its important that I get the best possible price. Because your price was like 1000 under invoice do you know what kind of incentives Honda is throwing their way? Because obviously they are not going to sell a car at a loss.Also, did you trade in a car? Thanks again for all the info its been a great help.
  • No trade in my case. Get the buyers order and have them faxing u or emailing via attachment.
    I did the numbers and it was like $1,099 below invoice. My car had a fabric protection that they claim they didn't charge and it was included in the price. No website reveals any special incentive per say. But, is one of those things that perhaps what they pay in rent, delivery charges, who knows. But, big key is having the buyers order signed by their manager. I went after a week and the ccar was ready. No demo or any damage or whatever people may think. Only 4.8 miles in it. Very nice ride. Save a lot in gas vs my 08 accord that I still have. Only needed a second car in my case.

I don't buy cars often and trying to maximize the hard earned money is tough. So, driving to md in a one way ticket w budget at 59 one way. Sealed the deal, then dropped the car near by. They dropped me at the dealership and on my way home all within 2 hours, plus driving time. No traffic on Saturday....
  • suydamsuydam Posts: 877
    But that's not necessarily for new owners. You could drive one and not like it.
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,856
    Pick Honda and Accord, then click GO, and it will take you to the Honda Accord forums. If you don't like what you see, you can create your own.

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    edited March 2013
    Should I settle for $25400-$25500 out to door if offered by the dealer? please reply. Thanks..

OTD will depend on what your local fees and taxes are.

I was just out test driving the Accord this past weekend, even though I am not in the market, yet. First price offered by the dealer was $23,250 ($25,284 OTD for my locality) for EX 6 spd, with 0.9% APR for 36 months, or 1.9% APR for 60 months if I wanted to finance.

The car definitely has pick up. Even in 6th gear, when it was revving low, it had problem getting up to speed without the need to downshift.

Standard back up and blind spot cameras are a really nice touch. Bifocal mirror is cool too.

The clutch is reallylight, feather light compared to the one in the CR-V, which is light comprared to others. Shifter is really snickety smooth and precise. The car really does not lean in corners, and using the engine to shift weight mid turn makes for really tight cornering abilities.

I got lucky, I got a salesman who knew what the car is capable of and did not scream during cornering. He actually told that I could have taken the S-curve a lot faster than I did.

It really is an amazing car!
  • I got a deal from one of the dealers in best price out of 5 Dealers in St. louis

st. louis for 20,720+TTL Sales tax 6.95%
    Il Dealer for 21,182+TTL Sales tax 4.2% out of state tax

Please suggest me is this the best price to buy the car or can i bargin more?

Thanks in advance.
  • I been reading the threads but I don't see many listing 4cl or 6. I was quoted this below what do you guys think? Taking brain advise and purchasing end of this week.

13 Accord EX-L V6 With Navi
    Car-29,617
    Doc 82.65
    Tags $100
    Out state buyer transfer $10
    3.75% tax on car price (1122.45)
    OTD $30932.10

I seen some one say they paid $27,500 (before tax) from metro but did not state v6 and with navi?
  • wrtoffwrtoff Posts: 7
    2013 accord sedan. exl with navi v6 I paid $28,500 with destination fee included. cargo tray and all weather mats included. 6.25% sales tax (MA). This was over Presidents Day weekend. I negotiated with 5 Honda dealerships in the Boston area. Honda Cars of Boston were the lowest. That was the best deal going at the time.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 1,993
    edited March 2013
    What states are you looking to buy. EXL V-6 is the hardest model to nail down a price....... like the other models are selling.
    I would have to say from experience if you make your calls/ emails on friday the 29th telling all dealerships you contact you are ready to buy for xxx price you should do just as good if not better than the feb/ people who purchased.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• lexani18zzlexani18zz Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    Wow you paid $28,500 plus tax correct? The price I quoted was from ray price honda in PA
    I'm open to
    New Jersey
    Philadelpia Pa
    Delaware
    Maryland
    Brian, I am looking for a 2013 Accord LXCVT and called Autosport and talked to Jane, who claimed to be one of the managers and the best price she could give me with the 249 doc fee was 21,220 which was only about 100 below invoice. Not including NJ reg fee of NJ tax. 13as claimed they got a sport auto model at autosport for 23 OTD which I asume included tax and reg fee. What do I have to do to get them to go lower or should I forget about autosport alltogether.
  • gene103gene103 Posts: 47
    I have noticed that Brian advises to call and email dealers, but if you read his post regarding his purchase, he went down to his local dealership and made a deal, just like 95% of people who buy cars. You will never get Autosport's best deal via a phone call.
    I would give them one more shot on friday the 29th. along with the rest of your targeted dealerships. dont start your buying process til then.

Call and only speak to the internet sales manager KERRY on the 29th
    Make sure you tell him you are buying the car that day .does he want the sale for your targeted price. Check there inventory 1st to make sure he has your model and color or they wont deal..

your lx cvt model is selling between 600 and 1000 below invoice.

You should get your price..

i think jane lied to you...she might of been just a floor sampler with the price she gave you..
    you know they train these people like robots.

edited March 2013
    Gene

You are dead wrong about auto sport i would of purchased from them on jan 30th but there last exl v-6 black touring was sold to another poster in here for 1000 below invoice .

I purchased my last honda from Auto-sport a few years ago.. by phone Gene

So much for your Autosport phone theory.

you should stick to reading these posts and learning.

Brian, thanks for the super quick reply! The problem with Autosport right now is that they dont have the silver or dark blue that I want and they are not getting a silver one in til beginning of April. But Hamilton Honda just emailed me a quote whuch was 516 below invoice, so if they agree to waive the 249 doc fee the price would be 765 below invoice and I would buy it there. But I probably will have to go down there, about 1.5 hours away, to fnd out if they would go lower. They have both the silver and dk blue is stock as of today. Also that dealer in MD just emailed me a quote of 1000 below invoice but not sure if I want to drive 4 hours if Hamilton will come down a little more.
    edited March 2013
    Autosport wont deal if vehicle is not in stock. dont bother with them. Call Hamilton on the 29th and tell them you will buy for 800 below invoice or make them match your best offer. Make dealer fax you over the buyers order and secure your deal with a credit card deposit. there is no need to go into any dealership unless you agree on a price. especially if they are hours away.
    you might want to visit some local dealerships on friday if you cant negotiate by phone ..... call as many dealers on the 29th and make your best deal.. it might be wise to check all these dealerships inventory 1st. The bigger dealers who sells cars might not care about if its not in there inventory ..they will get it...