Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• You've had the Accord a day or so already, right?

Much thanx for a breakdown on the numbers you got from Madison Honda and if you can a scan of the paperwork like suggested in message #29198. Thanx.
  • I shopped around everywhere including multiple dealers of different brands and 7500 is where the car topped out.
  • audax88audax88 Posts: 3
    Thanks!
    This was my very first car purchase. I didn have a lot of idea on how to negotiate and which resources to quote and use.
    The car I got had run for just 2 miles, and was fresh in the inventory, so found it extremely hard to negotiate.
    Also, I got the car on 30th of March. It a common misconception that the end of month will get u better deals. They generally do, BUT only if the dealer has not already met his targets.
    I think a great deal will be an OTD of $21,500 on the Accord LX in VA.
  • mr_numbmr_numb Posts: 7
    Thanks for the advice; it was a bad habit I very quickly got out of with this new car (with my older VW it didn't seem to be a problem though).

Any other useful manual tips?
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,601
    Well, don't ride the clutch and if you avoid constant downshifting your clutch and transmission will last the life of the car.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,424
    edited April 2013
    Seems like Accord sales died down this month in here. waiting to see the 1st quarter sales reports for honda on Accord, and CRV. For Jan 2013 Accord sales were up 13 k from last year. I hope they take the top spot away from Camry this year in sales.. Maybe they should sell more Accords to the rental companies..

My Nissan dealership friend claims they are kicking honda's butt in sales this years. i do see alot of Altima's on the road...

i still have not seen many Accords on the roads here in NYC.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• huskerfan5huskerfan5 Posts: 163
    March was a great month for the Accord. The Jan sales that I saw appear to be somewhat different from yours. I noted an increase of 10K, but more important, March sales were up over 50% from Jan while the Camry's were up by less than 20%. For the month, Camry only outsold the Accord by 1K.
    Toyota sold 5K less Camry's in Mar-13 vs Mar-12 while Honda was up by 10K.
    the jan 2013 numbers were more like 12.3 k up.... if i remember correctly. the surprise here is that Camry is still holding on if your numbers are legit.

• mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,667
    Don't slip the bejesus out of the clutch like a lot of people do.
    here is the breakdown from........... the fast lane car.com
    Dont know how true these numbers are.

Altima................37,763 for march
    Camry...............37,663........mar
    Accord...............36,504........mar
    fusion................30,284........mar

looks like a nice little race here

• fxguyfxguy Posts: 132
    Those numbers are true. For the year, Accord is only 12K units behind Camry. If i was a betting man, i would say the Accord will be the best selling car this year...
    agreed

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,601
    Toyota sells HUGE amounts of cars to the rental companies and Honda doens't do this.

Eighteen months later, all of those Toyotas are dumped en masse at the auctions. This hurts resale values.
  • huskerfan5huskerfan5 Posts: 163
    Brian,
    Notice that I said our numbers somewhat disagreed. I didn't say you were wrong. I don't know whether my source www.goodcarbadcar.net is accurate or yours is closer, but I don't appreciate your implication that my numbers weren't legit.
    edited April 2013
    Huskerfan
    I thought my numbers were wrong. Some web sites you can never tell what numbers are more legit than others.

hope your feeling the love

• benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,680
    For the reason isell says, Toyota's huge sales to rental fleets, the Accord—even though it's a much better car—isn't that likely to pass the Camry this year in sales.

Honda's Marysville, OH, factory, even flat out (which is how it's running now), has the capacity to make about 400,000 Accords for the US. That would be a great sales number, and is probably good for 2nd in sales. But Toyota has the capacity to make 500,000 Camrys. They probably can't sell that many, even if they give them away, but by giving them away they can probably get to 450,000 to stay number 1.

We Honda owners can take comfort that our car really is waaaay better than a Camry. I just had a 2013 Camry rental on a recent trip, and I can tell you I wouldn't want to own that car.
    edited April 2013
    I thought Honda had another facility that was almost up and running for this year.
    I think the newest plant is in Indiana dont think there making Accords there

• uncuncuncunc Posts: 1
    Hey folks, I’m late with the posting of my purchase, which occurred last Saturday. I read the forums here often, but I just now signed up for an account. Thanks for all the input from everyone. I purchased a 2013 EX-L w/Navi from Jim Coleman in Clarksville, MD for 28,986 OTD. 26,880 agreed priced, plus 200 processing fee, and TTL (Md 6 percent state tax). Also got wheel locks, and mud guards thrown in(with mats). No trade or anything else were involved. Modern Steel color with 3 miles before test driving. One free oil change included.

Wasn’t planning on getting the car that weekend at all, just played around and submitted a Carwoo request on Saturday March 30th around 11:30 that morning. Wanted to see the types of prices via that format on the last day the month (Easter was Sunday). Only got 3 responses that day, but got one immediately from Michelle the internet manager from Coleman (it was for 27,433 including Freight). I countered 26,780, she replied back with 27,233. By this time I got two other offers from MD dealerships that were high. In the meantime I called about 8 more dealers in Maryland who quoted prices that weren’t significant as well. So I called Michelle from Coleman, she asked me to come down. I told her I probably would, but that we weren’t done with negotiating. She was fine with that.

I didn’t get there until about 7:15 , Michelle had left for the day (dealership closed at 9). They assigned me salesperson name Muhammad. Basically told him I will test drive the car, and either we can agree or disagree on a price, but it was going to be a quick process. Of course he tried to act like he didn’t know what the internet manager offered and etc., though he brought the correct car with vin, without a description from me. After testing driving he tried to add the wheel locks and mud guards to the internet manager’s price, I refused. Then he said her offer 27,233 was their best and final price with the accessories. I told him if we agree at 26,880 including freight, and OTD of under 29,000, I will buy right then, if not I’m leaving. He came back and we agreed.

So basically, no snazzy negotiating or anything, I luckily just found a dealership that needed to move that car and volume I guess. I got there late (not by design, but I wasn’t in a hurry to get there), was a race against time, being it was end of the month. Dealer wasn’t crowded when I got there, so who knows. Price part took all of 10-15 minutes, tops. Spent way more time declining all the extra stuff they tried to upsell. Don’t particularly care for the dealership with how the finance and warranty managers try to talk to you when you decline the extras. But with the EX-L w/Nav invoice being 28,223 including freight, and I got it for 26,880 including freight, 1,343 under invoice with a 200 dollar processing fee is not bad.

If you have any questions late me know. This is a real post, and if more information is needed I am happy to help.
  • sw3267sw3267 Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    Thank you so much Kyfdx. Newbie's like me trying to do our homework for the passed few months seeing what others have "Paid and their Buying experineced" to determind our price target seems to have been turned in to just another "general car BS blog".

I like the Idea one of the other guest had which was have a format.

Year,Make,Model

MSRP: Price

Invoice: Price

etc:

etc.

You get the Idea.