Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    A recent poster stated he leased an EX for 260 a month with only first payment due at signing - it depends on how the sales tax is handled in your location versus his. Your quote sounds high.
  • gastromdgastromd Posts: 5
    Hi, this sounds like a relatively bad deal, please see my recent post in the Accord leasing experience forum. A couple days ago I leased a 2013 Accord EX for $260/month with absolutely nothing down (except first month's payment). This was in Mass, where sales tax = 6.25%. Good luck!
  • Thank you very much. One question, when you say, 1200 off the invoice price, does that include taxes and fees?
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,001
    no

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• anthony212anthony212 Posts: 13
    edited May 2013
    Hey, I'm curious did you lease the Coupe or sedan? I'm in NY and looking to lease a 2013 Accord EX-L I4, and just looking around at the prices. I've been emailing dealerships, but they don't like to email me back. I can't call since I've been way to busy lately.
  • vluuvluu Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    I have been reading this forum for the last month or so and it was extremely helpful. For those who want the best deal, do your homework and read through each post so you understand and know what deals are out there.

I bought 2013 EXL i4 CVT yesterday on the last day of the month and I think I got the best deal so far that I have read thus far.

2013 EXL i4 CVT: ($28,785 retail w/ dest) & ($26,399 invoice w/ dest )

My deal and breakdown:

$24,865 includes Desination + 399 Processing + 795 Tax + 62 Title/ Tags - $500 Flex Cash

OTD $25,621

I wanted the Modern Steel Metallic color but they didn't have it and would only give me this deal for an EXL in stock. My second choice was Metallic Silver and they had it. When I asked them to throw in the All Season Mats ($142 value) with the deal, they agreed. It was an hour drive to Pohanka Honda in Fredicksburg VA but it was worth it for the deal. I was in and out in 1.5 hours. There was no trade involved and did finance for 3 years to get the .9%.

Pohanka was great to work with and there were no "surprises". I would highly recommend them, they are very upfront and honest. No games played. I went to Dulles Honda and they quoted me an OTD price and then when I got there, they bumped it up $1,100 with appearance packages + etc. I walked out, absolutely terrible and they totally lost my business with that kind of dishonesty.

Best of luck everyone!
  • sanfromvasanfromva Posts: 11
    Hi, Can you please share how did you negotiate this deal? Did you call, email or simply walk-in. Did your package include mud guards and wheel locks? Thanks.
    No wheel locks or mud guards included. They don't accessorize their cars which I prefer b/c I rather not get what I don't need.

I submitted an online request for a quote and was contacted by the internet sales person. They gave me a quote in an email which was around $26,100 OTD. Because I wanted the Metallic Grey and they didn't have it. I just held out. I know that one other person in the DC area got $25,800, that was the magic # I wanted to pay OTD. Two days ago, I got an email saying they would offer me the $500 Flex Cash so that sealed the deal after they threw in the mats.

It was almost too easy. I think Pohanka knows that people do their homework and they just want your business. I found their approach honest and up front. Way I see it, here's my price I want and if you can't sell it to me, just tell me so I can move on. Hope that helps and good luck. I think I got the extra $500 b/c of the end of the month sale. Not sure if that will work now since we are in May.
  • jatanjatan Posts: 92
    $500 flex cash is for financing with Honda
  • gastromdgastromd Posts: 5
    Hi, I leased the EX 4-door sedan. It may be harder to get a good deal now that it is May 1st so if you can hold out until late in the month, it might be better. I like to stick with email initially, I think it puts you in a better negotiating position. If they don't email you back it would raise questions in my mind as to how motivated they really are to get you into a vehicle..
    This was only dealer that offered me the $500. No other dealers told me that they ran out of funds for Flex Cash. I think it's one of those cases where the dealer has it for the month and they have to use it or lose it.
  • sanfromvasanfromva Posts: 11
    Does anyone know any new promotions for 13'Accord? And if Flex cash will be available to dealers this month too? Thanks.
  • tjolkotjolko Posts: 13
    I'll second this comment on Pohanka. They were very transparent with no games or surprises (I purchased an EX-L 4cyl from them on April 20...see my earlier posts for details) It was well worth it to me for the drive up to VA. The local dealers around here (Charlotte) are trying to sell the Accord at list. It is amazing how much you can save by using this forum to arm yourself with pricing info.
  • Haggle some more. I'm seeing estimates in the high 22's... go in at 22000 and see if they counter offer.
    Im assuming this is for a EX CVT?
  • Im in Mass and this is just FWIW. I went it on April 30 not looking to buy at all...just wanted to get an idea because my current car is up there in age. I test drove an 2013 LX CVT and liked it. I sat down and after the typical sales pitch routine and me showing no interest whatsoever, the salesman said and I quote "If we come down to $19000, would you consider buying from us?"
    This just shows how "aggressive" they can get at the end of the month. If you're still in the market, go back at the end of this month and start at $19000. Good Luck!
  • Congrats on your new car. Im in MA too and I was wondering where you bought your car? is it manual or CVT?
  • jivanajivana Posts: 4
    What do you mean by 25.8 OTD? Does this number include taxes, title and all?
    Just curious, was the flex cash shown on the paperwork as a $500 discount on a separate line or did the dealer just take $500 off the car's price with no mention of it on the paperwork?

Not sure if dealers have a time limit to use it, but if it doesn't show up on the paperwork then I think most dealers just keep the funds on the backend. If it does show up on the paperwork then they may just hold on to it to use on slow days/weeks or near the end of the month to close borderline sales
    OTD is "out the door" or everything included

Unless you live in the same area as the posted deal you shouldn't look at the OTD price since tax/title/license vary based on where you live and documentation fees are capped in some states and not in others so those will vary by dealership and/or state

Look at car prices posted here with destination fee & doc fee to get an idea of what you should be paying for the car before tax/title/license/accessories -- vluu posted the full cost breakdown of the deal he got a few posts back
  • car_buyer_2013car_buyer_2013 Posts: 8
    edited May 2013
    Comparison of the 2013 camry le with the 2013 accord

1. Dash - The dash of the 2013 accord looks cheap. The camry's dash has a leather look with accent stitching giving it an upscale look.
    2. Side panels - The side panels in an accord looked too much plastic and not upscale. The side panels in the camry looks like leather although it is not and does not look like plastic.
    3. Audio - The accord audio sounds as if its a 20 year old radio with the sound having the quality as if its coming from a coke tin. The touchscreen audio on the camry is simply awesome. Love the clarity of the sound and the options with the good bass effect.
    4. Seat comfort - I have a long drive everyday. The accord seats were hard whereas the camry's seats are not too hard and not too soft. Just right. The camry's seat base is lowered at the end of the base helping your lower back get full support to the bottom of your back. The accord's seats are not bad but wont give the same lower and full back support as the camry.
    5. Glovebox lock - I was expecting the glovebox of the accord to have a lock. It does not. The camry does have a lock.
    6. Ride - The ride on the accord is relatively rough. Some people consider this as their flavor of being sporty. The camry ride is quiet and the focus is on the audio or the super clear Bluetooth. The best part in the camry is the sport mode which is not available in the accord making the drive a bit boring. I really liked the extra passing power I was getting with this sport(aka automanual) mode in the camry le.
    7. Drive - Accord's drive is cvt which is not well engaging versus geared camry with the sport mode.
    8. Legacy - CVT is not proven on the Honda. The auto transmission of the camry is very proven. Lookup carcomplaints.com. The first year of all the accord model year changes are having the most problems. 2003, 2008 and may be 2013. Not sure but the prior pattern exists.
    9. Design - The accord's design looks old whereas the camry's looks modern.
    10. Space - Visually speaking, the camry's space is undoubtedly more although the specs try to tell you something else.
    11. Windnoise - Accord has far more windnoise from the driver side. Stepping into the camry was a big relief when test driving one after another.
    12. Wheels - I like the wheels on the accord.
    13. Seat cloth - The light color cloth on the camry has some kind of self design and a stripe on the back but both cars have bad cloth seats giving a cheap look.
    14. Center box lid extender and sun screen extender - The accord does not have these both and I want my hand to be supported while driving. Love this on the camry.
    15. Backup camera - Love the backup camera on the accord but I still have to look on both sides to see if anyone is coming behind my car and cannot totally rely on the backup camera even if this was on my Toyota camry. This was not a deal breaker. The parking with the markings is probably an advantage.
    16. Design - The accord definitely copied a lot from the 2013 lexus es 350 i.e. dash design, tail lights, front leds design etc.(Checkout both cars before commenting on this point.). The worst part is the accord's tail lights are the same as Hyundai genesis and I am not a fan of Hyundai cars and their false promising techniques with the mileage etc. Camry designed on their own and no copying needed and I like that independent design and other cars don't have this design and most importantly, I don't think of Hyundai genesis when I look at my camry's taillights. This is the first time Accord did this.
    17. Fuel consumption - Looked up fuelly.com and the forum on Edmunds.com and the mpg of both are comparable. I made sure I was not comparing camry hybrid. I am getting 34 to 37 on my camry le.
    18. Financing - Camry has 0% whereas accord has 1.9% as their lowest. Also, camry has a grad rebate of 500.
    19. Maintenance - Camry has two year free maintenance(or 25k miles) whereas the accord does not. However, Camry does not have a maintenance minder and after the free 25k, the camry maintenance will be very expensive compared to the maintenance minder driven cost experience on my accord/civic.

By the way, I don't work for Toyota and this is the first time I bought a Toyota car. I had three accords and one civic right before this car and I am an accord fan and one of my cars had 175000 miles with zero problems. However, the comparison this time turned out to be like above.