Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I hope you didnt buy it at that price. I got $19000 in MA (I know its not NJ) and I didnt even negotiate. It was the end of the month
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    I applaud your passion, and I have driven many manuals in my day, but I am never buying a manual transmission car again. If Honda or any other car maker limited themselves to manuals, they would have a very small market indeed in the United States. And a manual minivan! Three kids in the back, you don't have enough hands as it is! THE HORROR!!!

Regadless how many kids are in the back, the driver's hands are to be used to operate the vehicle while in motion. If man handling is needed, it is only to be applied when the vehicle is stationary.

So, the choice of transmission does not affect the carrying capacity, or the number of children.

Of course if one wants to discipline their kids while at 70 mph, and having coffee in one hand, and cell phone in another... well... then it doesn't matter what transmission is in the vehicle, there is really not enough hands, or eyes, fot that matter, to be driving.
  • Commonwealth Honda - Lawrence. His name was Steve, forgot the last name.
    Get an internet quote first so they know that you've done your homework.
    Wait til the end of the month if you can
  • thefullmontrythefullmontry Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I bought an LX this weekened, here were my numbers for those shopping:

-Dealer city/state (Phoenix, AZ)
    -MSRP (incl destination) ($23,XXX )
    -Invoice (incl destination) ( $21369 )
    -Purchase Price ( $20,952)
    -Downpayment ( 0)
    -Trade allowance ( $4500 - 2001 Highlander 2WD 145k miles)
    -Tax - $1610
    -Title/License - $423
    -Dealer fees ($0)
    -Doc fees ($395)

With that being said we were talking to another couple in Financing and their purchase price was 23k for the exact same car.
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    Very well said - I'm so tired of looking in the rear view mirror to see the driver behind me with a cell phone glued to their ear - and that's in a late model Mercedes or Lexus, which I'm almost positive is equipped with Bluetooth - amazing!
  • bxteachbxteach Posts: 16
    edited May 2013
    Thanks to everyone who helped me out here.

I found that NO dealer really wanted to make a deal now and that I'd be waiting until the end of the month to get this done (Issues with current 08). With that being said, I went to look at my other options.

The lowest I got for the 2013 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi from Brewster was $29,120. That included destination. However, I was not sure how much they were going to give me for my 08.

Tarrytown offered $29,775 and $10,900 for my 08 Accord.

Long story short, I went to Acura and found a Black/Black TSX w/Tech 4 cyl. on their lot. Got some body side molding, all-weather mats, and splash guards for the car. I've always wanted an Acura and now I have one. I paid $28.5 and they gave me $12k for the Accord (Greenwich Acura).

I would have tried harder for the Accord, but I read too many reviews detailing the inconsistent Nav system and the Bluetooth. I do know there is a tsb for them, but I didn't want to risk any other issues with the redesign. My 08 was a redesign (I understand it is several years old), but it was a hassle from day 5.

Good luck to all with the new Accord!!
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    Wow bx - what a turnaround - my wife and I have had a few Acuras - they are outstanding cars - I think you're gonna be very happy with this vehicle. It's still a Honda so it should be very dependable and easy to maintain. Congratulations and enjoy!

Bill G
    Bill,

Thanks!!! I know.....happened really quickly.

I'm very excited about my purchase. I know the specs are a little different (leg room and cargo space to name a few), but I've wanted an Acura. Like you said, it's still a Honda. I think I did okay with the deal. The car is gorgeous.

Let the fun begin!!
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,407
    Sorry to hear about your mis fortunate buying experience. You can not buy a Accord in the New york/ New jersey area the first week of the month. As you learned.. You got nowhere with a week of wasted time.
    There is no leverage and no incentive for any dealership to sell this car that low in price. The 1st 3 weeks is the dealers time to make as much money off the Un educated buyers. Dealers that dont hit there sales incentives will deal the last 2 days of the month. Thats why you get as many dealerships involved at the end of any month.... The same applied to that Acura you bought on his lot. If you bought that car at months end you might have saved 500 to 1000 more.
    The 3 dealers in my prior post would have gave you a very good if not the best price this month on your model car at Months end.

Take what i'm telling you and apply it to your next vehicle purchase.
    Enjoy your Acura thats a sharp car.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    Congrats on the TSX.

Acura TSX = Honda Accord outside of the USA/Canada.

North American Accord is unique in terms of being a stretched out global Accord aka TSX.

TSX 6 spd manual is the only way to get Accord EX-L sedan with stick in the US.
    Brian,

I wanted to make a move sooner rather than later. If I didn't see the TSX, I was waiting until the end of the month.

I appreciate everyone's support and advice. I was much more prepared this time.

I'll be honest, the complaints about the Honda scared me. I'm sure the latest patch and potential future fixes could fix some issues. I didn't want to risk it. Going back and forth to the dealer to diagnose was something I didn't want to do. And to clear things up, it could still happen to my Acura.

Thanks again!!
    edited May 2013
    Have fun with your new Acura, You said you bought a black Acura great color. Buy this wax it is the best wax for dark colors. P21s. They use this wax on very expensive sport cars for the auto shows . p21's brings out that great shine. Goes on and off effortless. Your car will always look like a sheet of glass /reflection. You could wax your car in 20 mins. I ve been using it for 15 years and i'm still amazed how good it works. Its a pure brazillian carnaba wax.
    35 dollars for a 6 oz jar. Check it out you wont be disappointed.

• cardopa1cardopa1 Posts: 1
    I live in North Jersey and looking for a 2013 Accord EX-L V6. I received 2 quotes from different dealers - one for 26,950 and 26,900. Both do not include dest fee, doc fee and taxes. Is this a good price ? What should it be ?
    edited May 2013
    700 TO 1K BELOW DEALERS INVOICE PRICE IS WHERE YOU SHOULD BE IN NEW JERSEY FOR A EXL V-6.. THEN ADD YOUR DEST/CHARGE , DOC FEES, AND TAXES.
    poster; jjvicks.......... bought a exl v-6 from madison honda in n.j. for 900 below invoice price on march 30th. doc fees are $249
    Invoice on your model is $27,502 with dest/charge of 790=$28,292

• anthony212anthony212 Posts: 13
    Hey guys, I just got a quote from Nardy Honda here in Long Island, NY.

Model: Accord EX-L 4 CYL Coupe
    MSRP: $ 28,860
    Special Internet Price: $ 26,367.70
    Sales Tax 8.625%: $ 2,274.21
    Inspection: $ 10.00
    Documentary Fee: $ 75.00
    NYS Tire Recycling: $ 12.50
    Out the Door Price: $ 28,739.41 ( Includes Destination Charge)
    ( Just Add Registration )

I know its the beginning of the month, and its only $100 off invoice. Guess I'm going to have to wait
    Nardy is a terrible dealership. with bad pricing........... beware

• anthony212anthony212 Posts: 13
    Thanks for the heads up, I've dealt with Honda City in Levittown, NY back in 2007 when I purchased my current Accord, but they won't get back to me via email
    Ive got some good end of the month pricing from
    North shore Honda, and Atlantic honda. try them at the end of the month

• jammikejammike Posts: 38
    The price I posted was Out the Door price. There is no way any where in USA you can get 2013 Accord LX Automatic OTD for $19K.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    I would be better if everyone would itemize the price of the car without their local and state fees so we can see what the car is selling for.

Sales price of the car including destination charge and any extra fees like doc fees that go to the dealer is the price the car is selling for.
    Sales tax and registration/license fees being mixed into grand total OTD postings just makes it too difficult to compare to anyone else since those costs vary widely across the country.
    For instance, OTD prices in Oregon vs CA are not comparable.