Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• buyer157buyer157 Posts: 40
    looks pretty good....I am on long island and was aiming to pay 22500 WITHOUT leather, but including fees (pre tax). I'd be interested to hear what others say.

If deal goes through as advertised, I'd like to know the dealer and salesperson. There will probably be a referral in it for you. Was hoping to buy locally, but if I can get a sport w/out leather for 22 before tax I may take the drive!
    hey MJK - did you buy? How did it settle out?
    Anybody else have thoughts around pricing for an accord sport?
  • juliankryejuliankrye Posts: 51
    I thought to get leather factory installed you had to step up to EX-L trim? What is the option for the leather on the sport called, is there a code to figure out inventory for Sport w/Leather?

Side question, what is the material on the standard sport, it is not leather, however I dont think it is regular cloth either, is that correct?

thanks, Julian
    I actually never inquired as to whether or not leather was an option on the Sport Trim. Wasn't a priority for me. They have upgraded cloth as a standard - black. it is a step up from the LX material, but it is definitely cloth.

Have you gotten quotes on a Sport yet?
  • rocklirockli Posts: 11
    manly honda at Santa Rosa, ask for Tom or Jay. Both of them are very nice. Feel free to mention that you got the info from Min. Good luck!
  • mjk14mjk14 Posts: 12
    No, I did not buy yet but will be getting other quotes the next few days. The sport comes with cloth, the leather was dealer installed. If I can recall correctly the cost to the dealer for this is approx., $1300. I've noticed that many dealerships have added leather to models besides just the Ex-L where is comes standard. Hopefully tomorrow I will have more information and prices.
    Hey MJK - I just got a quote for 23500 on long island pre-tax NON-leather. Clearly not going in for this. I'm lining up a couple of other quotes so I can make a memorial day purchase on this thing. my email address is first name last name at yahoo no dots or spaces. If you could shoot me the name of your dealer and the sales person. If he is willng to part with a non leather version of the sport for 1500 less than the leather version, I may take a memorial day drive to jersey.

If anyone else in the NY/LI area can share with me some quotes they've recieved for a Sport (or price they paid) that would be super helpful. Hopefully there will be a referral fee in it for you as well. I'm looking to close this weekend.
  • jerberosjerberos Posts: 3
    Good deal, can you let me know who you dealt with at Corona? Since forum rules suggest no last names, a first name is fine. Thanks.
  • I'm in Dallas, TX and want to buy a 2013 honda accord EX coupe 4 cylinder automatic, but was also considering the EX-L...has anyone bought this car in Texas recently? One dealer told me he would sell the car for the invoice price plus $790 for the shipping fee plus $300...is that a good deal?
    I don't put myself out there as an expert, but invoice + does not sound like a good deal to me. In two months the 2014s will be on the lot. You'll either get a much better deal on a 2013 or be able to purchase a newer model with a higher resale value. Based on what I've read here, below invoice should be your target.
  • This not a good deal! Less than invoice is possible , Do not settle for less!
  • Thanks for letting me know! The salesman made it seem like the best deal ever, but I was skeptical.

I have another dealer offering $22,665 (plus TT&L) for a 2013 Honda Accord EX coupe 4 cylinder automatic, so the total would be $24,081.

I wanted to offer $22,500 and see if they would take it, so after taxes the car would be $23,906. Sounds pretty good to me...should I take it?
  • gbynissangbynissan Posts: 1
    Hi emily, did you get your car yet ? Im in Arlington, texas. Im about to get a EX coupe 4 cylinder on memorial day. i got a quote from vandergiff in arlington for 23.600 + tax + title + docs fee. if you got your car before memorial day please lets me know whats your OTD price.
  • pjsantospjsantos Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm out here in Indiana and I'm looking into getting a sport model as well. Do you mind if I ask which dealership in Illinois you got the 21500 price?
  • colinsmithcolinsmith Posts: 2
    hello
    I am looking to lease a honda accord 2013 LX CVT, the msrp the dealer is quoting me is 23270 which i know is higher than the dealer invoice.
    He quotes a monthly payment of 230$/mth with a 0 down policy but does say that at the time of pick up, i will put 1431$ down, which includes title, registration, document, tire,fees .
    Not sure if this is a good deal?
    need some insight ???
    Tx
  • colinsmithcolinsmith Posts: 2
    I am looking to lease a 2013 lx automatic as well, with a 0 down and 36 mth lease, i was told today the mthly payment will be 230$ a month , doc fee bank fee reg fee will be a initial payment of 1431$, he quoted a msrp of 23270.
    does this sound like a fair price to u or am i getting conned
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,011
    edited May 2013
    Invoice price plus the $790 destination charge is= 21,369.

A good leased deal on your LX model should be 1000 below invoice price 20,369.... or more on your model. This price excludes any cash incentives for leasing that you need to add onto that number.

Go to Accord leasing forum and make sure you have May's Money factor and Residual rates.. Have every dealer you call or visit work price off your numbers NOT HIS INFLATED NUMBERS for the sale.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

Hi all - so, after a couple of more phone calls, I'm at a price of 500 under invoice with Honda flex cash. Essentially I'll get a bill of sale at Invoice and they will credit the 500$ toward my monthly payments (at .9%). No prepayment penalty if I decide to pay the entire thing off.

No extra options, but does include 1 year of scheduled maintenance. There will be no dealer fees added on, just TTL.

Dealer seems decent and has a good reputation.

Looking for some input from folks in the north east/mid atlantic region as to whether or not I can expect to do much better than this.

Thanks in advance for the help!
  • accord679accord679 Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Purchased 2013 Accord EX CVT Sedan White/Ivory today at Spreen Honda Redlands, CA.

How did I do?

Price: 22680.00
    Flex Cash : -500
    Doc Fee : 80.00
    MVSC : 29.00
    Vehicle License Fees : 148.00
    Registration Fee : 100.00
    CA Tire Fee : 8.75
    Tax : 1820.80
    APR : 1.9% 60 months
    OTD : 24366.55
  • txaggie9txaggie9 Posts: 3
    Hi guys,

How much do you think we should expect to pay for a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L? The dealership that we went to had a car EX-L 4 cylinder with a sticker price of $30,800, with some dealer options like the trunk tray, door lining, mud guards, window-tint. I know it's no way close to justifying the high cost. Can you please tell much how much would be a reasonable base price and whether the base price should include the destination fee etc? Also how much is a reasonable out of the door cost with TTL?

Thanks in advance!