Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pjl52pjl52 Posts: 26
    It has been advised to deal with internet sales managers or a manager authorized to deal over the phone. So is it typically true that these sorts of folks work on Saturday?
  • nw_lanw_la Posts: 6
    I'm a 1st time Honda Accord buyer (soon to be). I'm going to buy a 2013 LX model. Does anyone know when the 2014's are coming out? Won't the 2013's be reduced at that time?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,620
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I'm looking for a 2013 Accord Coupe - V6 - Manual -

I was just quoted:

Base Price 28800
    freight: 800
    Doc: 200

Is this a good price? To be honest, this kinda blew my mind...I was expecting it to be more like 26K.... I definitely can spend a dime over 27K (Base).... Am I just dreaming? Do I just need to look for another car then?
  • mycar6886mycar6886 Posts: 9
    Hi Buyer,

Glad to hear your follow-up. Could you please share the information of the dealership you are going to buy from? Thanks a lot.
  • huskerfan5huskerfan5 Posts: 163
    They all work on commission so they wouldn't miss out working on a Saturday when its busy. Keep in mind that some dealers have several people dedicated exclusively to internet sales while others may make the most most junior salesperson the "internet manager".
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,407
    buyer,

Have not heard from you did you get my email.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• x88ox88o Posts: 2
    I live in VA and just got my new Accord EX back. Finance with Honda, after the 500 flex cash, my OTD is 23250, 22968+TTL-500. It was purchased in a MD dealer.

Hope this can help others.
  • zazizazi Posts: 5
    Your OTD is $ 23616.4 That's correct?
  • juliankryejuliankrye Posts: 51
    I think tax is still to be paid, no?
  • buyer157buyer157 Posts: 40
    sure. are you in the new york metro area? send me a pm to buyeronefive seven at yahoo and I 'll give you the details.
    brian, so sorry. Your messages went into the spam folder. I responded right back to you. Thanks for everything. This entire board should be thanking you!
  • x88ox88o Posts: 2
    My OTD is 23250 after 500 flex cash.
  • Purchased Honda Accord 2013 LX for a total of $23K+ OTD from Avery Greene Honda in Vellijo, CA last Sunday
  • rsvrrsvr Posts: 21
    edited June 2013
    Hello everyone,

I'm looking to buy an accord sport cvt model and the best quote I've got so far is $22,499 + TTL from a dealership in southwest Missouri. The price includes flex cash, destination, mats, trunk mat, splash guards and wheel locks. There is no doc fee.
    Do you guys think it's a good price? I'm in no hurry to buy a car now, I can wait until August if needed. So should I go for this deal or wait?

Thanks in advance!
  • zazizazi Posts: 5
    you bought for $22968 + Tax 6% + fee= x - 500 = $23250
    it is not a bad price...I did about 250 better than you (they threw in a gift card worth 75$ for oil, tire rotations, etc but I paid a 75$ doc fee) on the same exact package, so there is probably a little room. I've seen deals for even lower, but depending on your region, they could be hard to come by

Waiting until August or September will absolutely yield you a better price...but once the 2014s start rolling in you will be limited on color choice. You may just have to take what is left on the lot. For me, it had to be white, so it was worth paying more to get the car now.

My recommendation - call them and tell them 22200 gets them the sale this month. If not, you will wait it out until later in the model year. I can tell you that they have room. Maybe not a lot, but they have some.
    To anyone who purchased a car using honda flex cash...did your dealer tax you on it? Mine added it to the selling price, taxed me on it and then took it off at the end. Cost me another 50$. One friend of mine was NOT taxed on his, another was. Wondering what is customary. If it should be taxed I'm okay with it...I'm not okay with the dealer using it as a way to get another 50$ out of me.
  • gbman13gbman13 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Been trying to decide on trim level, really don't need anything over LX but don't like the interior LX fabric. Saw an LX today with dealer installed leather, said its only about 1200-1400 for dealers asking price. Wondering if anyone has added this at dealer and if you're happy? Figure this could be cheaper than EX and addresses my LX issue.