Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rsvrrsvr Posts: 21
    Rouzbeh,
    In my opinion that is still a good deal. If it includes tax too then it is too go to be true. If you are financing thru honda, not sure if they finance the tax amount, but you can give it a shot. If I was you, I would be all over that deal. Does the price include any accessories? If not have them include the accessories u like at dealer price. Good luck.
    I live in MO but 5 hrs from st.louis. I will get a quote from them and see if my local dealershp matches it.
    Rsvr
  • I just got a quote from one dealer here in Los Angeles, CA for accord EX... The price is $23,000.00 plus tax and other fees....
    Just wondering what do you guys think? Should I go there and still try to negotiate the price or I'm getting a good deal here....
    Thanks for any feedback.... You guys are awesome here
  • mjk14mjk14 Posts: 12
    After months of research and hesitation switching from an SUV to a sedan, I finally pulled the trigger and made the purchase about three weeks ago. I already saved a bunch of money in gas and could not be happier with the purchase. Although the extra space of the SUV does help at times, you cannot beat the gas savings. Since I received much help from this site I would like to provide my numbers.

2013 sport automatic, white exterior

msrp- 24980
    selling price- 21947
    nj tax 7%-1536
    tire fee- 7.50
    doc fee- 359
    reg, 4 years- 301
    flex cash- minus 500
    total- 23651

I was in contact with numerous dealerships and feel that I received a fair price being that I spoke with 2 managers who told me personally that they could not match or do better with this deal being that it was a loss for the dealership.

Hope this helps.
  • Thanks for the input Brian. Just to update: The dealership did not budge on $21,700 OTD so that's what I ended up paying for the 2013 LX. Luckily I wanted black and they were only offering this price on the black model. However, they were offering any other color for $22,000 OTD.

If anyone is interested, I bought from Autonation Honda in Lithia Springs, GA. The salesman I worked with was Marion Yonder...very professional. Please mention my name - Pranav Patel. Thanks.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,041
    Good luck w your car.

Oh ... Am i allowed to respond to this posts. seems like the 2 new members with 2 months in this forum have issues with a couple of off subject post advice.

Sorry guys and thanks for your contrbutions here.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• jplatt2jplatt2 Posts: 24
    ok Brian. I will try to make a contribution to this forum. Here's my suggestion.
    Why don't you write one post with all your ideas about how to buy a car, and then just reference the message number when a newbie asks for buying advice or appears to be on the wrong track.
    You'd be providing the same great consistent advice but would do the rest of us a favor as it gets a little tiresome.
  • jplatt2jplatt2 Posts: 24
    btw, I did try to contribute via my original post. It was in response to your purchase. I asked for you to share the dealership but you chose not to respond.
    Sorry your post was overlooked. What was your Question.

As far as me repeating my posts .. Believe me people will not go back and read 4 or 5 posts. Most normal folks can read simply advice and get a decent deal and not clog up this forum with stupid questions. Some need more help. Thats why many of us including myself post often. Thats what moves this board.

You could go tru several other forums and none as good as this one. Why?? the contributors here post often and keep telling folks what they need to do.
    You take what you need from this forum buy or lease and move on. Then you wont be tired of reading buying advice posted over for different people.

Blueiegod, who is a forum member for over 10 yrs in these forums has contributed in this forum with great advice to folks.. He responded to happymans' alarm question that i posted. Al thou i did not agree with some of his post it was Insightful and held some truths to alarms and new car tech and immobilzers. i agree the leather seat thing was a bit much but we dont need guys with no time in these forums posting move on when said poster ask for alarm help. Which in return generated 3 posts on it. And 2 were mine. Not 5 or 10.

Please let us guys get back to helping this forum and stop worrying about a few posts off topic. Both those posts were Un called for.

• rouzbehrouzbeh Posts: 6
    Ok so I got my quote for EX-l cvt (25000+199 admin fee), so this price plus tax (6.5%) + other state related fees and 1.9% financing charge will be financed for 60 months. What other fees after that do I have to pay? My concern is about insurance, how is it gonna work?
    please explain!
    Thanks in advance,
    Rouzbeh
    I always like to contact my INS. company first before i buy to see what the yearly cost is to insure said vehicle.

To answer your question Dmv, plus your states tax gets you out the door. Unless this dealer tries to sneak in another charge on you.. Call and ask before closing the deal.
    Call your Ins. company and let them know you are about to purchase a new Vehicle. You need Ins. fax number so the dealership can fax over the buyers order with Vin number. In return Ins co. faxes back a temp Ins, card.

• Hi All,
    I just purchased 2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 for $28,147 OTD at Pohanka Honda of Fredericksburg, VA. The following is the breakdown:
    27185 - Invoice Price(approx.)
    815 - Tax(approx.)
    128 - Title/Tags
    499 - Doc Fee
    10 - Out of State Fee
    I would like to know how I fared and if anybody has had a better deal/OTD price for the same model.

Thanks in advance,
    Reddy
    P.S. - Please remember two things, if trying to buy at the dealer:
    1) AVOID Kristyn from the Sales Team. I would recommend Kingsley who was lot better to work with.
    2) Make sure you then agree in writing/email to give you the $500 flex cash if you qualify for financing through Honda Financial Services.
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Posts: 242
    edited July 2013
    Hi,

I am new to this forum, and I do apologize in advance if this question has already been asked.

I was wondering what some members in MA have paid for a 2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L automatic without navigation. I plan to finance the car for 60 months.

I have contacted several dealerships in the greater Boston area, and so far the best sale price I was quoted was for $25,119 from Honda cars of Boston. That price only includes destination, and no other fees.

Can I do better than this?

Thanks,
    Mike
  • 4myfamily4myfamily Posts: 16
    Hi Mike,

I almost bought accord EX-L with navi. From Northwest Honda in 9701 Reisterstown Rd, Owings Mills, MD 21117 for $26.8k OTD but the taxes is 3%
    For north carolina and tag ~75. Good luck
  • cw30000cw30000 Posts: 9
    i'm interested in the V6 and would like to know what price did you paid. I am located in NJ and wouldn't mind driving out for a great deal.
  • ziggy25aziggy25a Posts: 24
    it is very disappointing gmanusmc that you still refuse to keep on topic here. I will be contacting moderators to clean up this off topic thread off the board.
  • hondafan31hondafan31 Posts: 13
    edited July 2013
    I purchased the same car (2013 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 w/o Nav) eight months ago for $27.7k (includes Destination) plus $399 processing fee, taxes, tags etc. There was no $500 Flex cash offered when I purchased which accounts for the majority of the difference in our deals.

This is my third vehicle from the Pohanka Honda Fredericksburg dealership. Based on occasionally monitoring the posts in this forum I believe you negotiated a very good deal. Did your deal include a trade in? (my deal was strictly a new car purchase). My salesman was Matt P., my experiences with the Pohanka dealership (different salespeople each time) were all very favorable.
  • Thanks.

Another dealer emailed me saying they will match the price of any dealer and even beat it up to $500, but they are about 30 miles away from where I live. So I guess, it will depend on the final sale price and OTD price.

I might end up waiting till the end of the month to negotiate a deal.
  • 4myfamily4myfamily Posts: 16
    bluemkn57cars

I drove 300 miles to save $3K. Yes! $3K form where I live believe it or not.

fyi, I have been told, by one of the dealers, there is no more production of the 2013 Accord, getting ready to sell 2014 in Sep. If you can wait even one more month, you may get a better deal. just a thought. Good Luck
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    For crying out loud ziggy, no need to be disappointed - different people see things differently from each other. I am still in the feeling out the accord stage - probably will not purchase til 2014s come out. So, for me, I am interested in every aspect of the buying process discussed on here. Sometimes, alarm systems are a part of an auto purchase consideration and I don't see a problem with a few posts talking about it. You see it differently and that's ok. If I start reading a post that I feel doesn't offer useful info I can use, I just move on to the next post to keep the education process going. Oh well - enough said.

Take care, Bill G
    edited July 2013
    I would assume knowing how good Honda works it supply and demand products-/ Vehicles the 2014 Accords will be comming on the lots in Sept but ever so slowly... This in return will affect pricing ranging from invoice price to 500 above plus... for several months. If you find a dealer who has 20/30 new 2014 on there lots you will be able to make a great deal on a 2013. Dealers will not go out of there way to find you specific colors and options. His lot is where your deal lies. Colors like Red and Blue you will find bigger discounts. Dealerships need to remove them off there lots to make room for the 2014's.

If money is not a issue and its just something to think about when buying a 13 or 2014
    If your not closing a deal on a 2013 Accord for 1500 to 2k below invoice price plus incentives/rebates in August you should consider buying that 2014.

Buying a 2014 Accord at invoice price and driven it 4 months in 2013 gives you 14 months of driven that car til its 1 years old in Jan,2015.. Opposed to the 2013 that will be a 1 year old model on Jan,1 2014. If you check Honda oddessy prices paid forum i did a price breakdown comparison on a yr old 2013, and 2014, honda van with 12k miles on it. Same would apply with both model accords just the price numbers would be diff.

On Jan,1 2104 your 2013 Accord depreciated about 2k off your sale price. The first 3yrs of any new vehicle is when you stand to lose the most money on your car investment Especially most American cars they have terrible Resale value.

Just something to think about for all you buyers that are debating between a 2013 and 2014 model.