Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Brian, with all the experience and knowledge you have in this arena, have you ever considered offering a fee-based vehicle purchasing service? I'm sure you stand to make some decent side income from it.
  • camokatucamokatu Posts: 19
    I am looking to lease this car, but unfortunately it's very hard to find a dealer who carries them. I did find through cars.com (not sure how accurate their number are) that one dealer in my area has 5 of them in stock. I wanted to wait until next week to call this dealer, but now thinking if I should start probing dealers earlier? Also, how likely is that another dealer who might give me a better price get this car from another dealer who has them during end of July?
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,002
    I should have 35 years ago but No...................... i'll gladly help anyone in here who asks for my experience and knowledge for free. Tks

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

edited July 2013
    2014's might not hit dealers lots til end of Sept. Pricing will not be favorable on the limited amount of 2014 Accords on lots for several months.

If you could wait and afford a 2014 model my best guess on pricing

Invoice price being a very good deal. and paying no more than 500 above dealers invoice on the 2014 model.

• pistol45pistol45 Posts: 4
    21470 plus tax ect. About 900 below invoice location MPLS. True Value not in Mn. What do you think? Thanks
  • rsvrrsvr Posts: 21
    Hi Brian,
    I called Honda Automotive and they said the tentative launch date for 2014 Accords is mid August. So I guess I will wait and see if there's going to be any new features added to the sport. If its worth it, i will go with 2014 if not 2013.
    I think im pretty good at getting great deals but might need your help with 2014's :)
    Thanks!
  • mnz1999mnz1999 Posts: 12
    what's the dealer name and Sales's person if possible? i am from albany as well and trying to find a good deal but no one will come close to it.
    thanks
  • tifosiantifosian Posts: 6
    I was planning to pruchase the V6 by the end of July, but..if the 2014's will be available by end of august i might well wait to purchase it ..assuming they don't jack up the price or introduce a new set of bugs.
    edited July 2013
    Being prepared to buy a 2014 model is the key. You want to determine the price market in your area .

Here is how you find out.

Take 15 mins. each day til you make a list of 30 or more dealerships. Find out each dealerships internet manager, Name, Number, and Email address. If you dont mind traveling a couple of hours to buy if thats where the deal is find out those dealerships. Start your calls and emails on july 30th. Letting each dealerships internet mgr. know you will buy at invoice price on that day for your model choice / color, .... holding sale with a credit card deposit. If pricing is at MSRP or 1000 below that

Repeat process on August 29th maybe this time making your best price deal.
    Or
    Repeat process again on Sept 29th buying from what ever dealership is closest to invoice price.

High volume stores will be more inclined to sell closer to invoice than the little guy.By Contacting and starting your negotiation process in july will help you obtain the best price by Sept.

Be prepared to pay well above invoice price if your buying a 2014 model. Were back to supply and demand on this model for several months. The 2013 model is where you will find a really good deal now and in these next 2 or 3 months.

Brian,

I will do as you said. I don't mind traveling a couple of hundred miles but preferred local dealership as they have "warranty forever" and they were the cheapest on Accord Sport. Don't know what the catch is but it's free if you buy a car from that dealership.
    Thanks Again!
    Warranty forever is a dealer scam or buying ploy to make you think your getting something more but in reality if you read the fine print on that warranty it covers nothing of importants.

• 5 oil change is 125, free state inspection is worth zero,
    Emissions is bulk of cost.
  • So far, most internet sales quote I have received on the Accord EX-L is around $25,500 with some dealers offering an additional $500 (on a first come first serve basis) if I finance through HFS. $25k is still above what I would want to pay. I was hoping to pay not more than $24.5k plus taxes, doc fees, etc...

Do you think it will be a good idea to email some of the internet managers at dealerships I have already contacted at the end of the month or should I just call them up and state my price and see if they will bite?

Since 2014 models are less than a couple of months away from release, when should I expect huge discounts on the 2013 models?

Any advice will be well appreciated.
  • pistol45pistol45 Posts: 4
    Hi, What price relative invoice would you think a 2014 lx accord could be bought for in late Dec. Trying do decide 2013 in late August or 2014 late Dec. Thanks!
  • bender25bender25 Posts: 1
    I am looking for a particular Accord. All dealers that I've talked to and what checked in edmunds' inventory search shows that this dealer has 5 cars I am looking for whereas others only one. Should I be suspicious of this? These dealers are about two hours from me so I don't want to drive there for nothing. The dealer with 5 cars gave the best price so far, so I am somewhat motivated based on that. How can make sure dealer doesn't screw me over when I get there in person? Thanks!
  • Hey Brian,

I would appreciate yours or anyone else's input. I am looking for the Accord Ex-L V6 w/ Navi and believe it is the Honda Clearance event at the moment. MSPR is 32,860, True Market Value said approx. 32k. Now with the clearance event, are you familiar with pricing? How can I calculate the best price during this time?

Thanks in advance to anyone's input!
    After calculating the dealerships doc fee's into your target price you should be shooting for 1500 below invoice price on most models. At worst case settling for 1000 below dealers invoice price.
    You could find model pricing on Edmunds home page.

edited July 2013
    Huge savings like 2000 below invoice... More towards the very end of the year. The bigger question is if i buy a 2013 model in Nov, or Dec, 2013

How much did the 2013 accord model depreciate. On jan, 1st, 2014. it is now a 1 year old model.

Is buying the 2013 Accord for 1500 or 1800 below invoice worth it in a couple of months.
    If you compare a 2011 Accord lx with 4k miles to a
    .....................2012 Accord lx with 6 miles here are your numbers

2011 LX= $ 17,477 Dealers retail
    2012 Lx=$ 19,598 Dealer retail

Going to re check my numbers against kbb, and galves

Your Sale price on a 2013 Accord needs to be more than $2120 below invoice to recoup depreciation value not buying the newer model.
    If i'm buying its a no brainer i want the 2014 model.

• pootmapootma Posts: 2
    I did it by requesting specific config quotes through edmunds, then I got 5 replies, and after emailing back and forth, Keeler Honda had the deal I mentioned. Looks like the forum policy prohibit publishing the sales agent name. His initials is KH.
    Brian,

That post makes a lot of sense. 2014 it is....