Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,039
    edited July 2013
    New Accords will start to hit dealers lots at the end of Sept. Or early Oct. Your dealer already tip his hand he wants msrp for a 2014 and most dealership will try to get it.
    I posted on this subject a couple up on 2014 pricing. Make those calls....

As far as i know on all reports the 2014 Accord there is no changes. Maybe Honda might tweak there CVT engine there have been alot of complaints on the 2013 model year.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Posts: 242
    edited July 2013
    The dealer is Commonwealth Honda in Lawrence.

As I stated in my previous posts, the price is $25,500 with an extra discount of $500 if I finance through HFS. You could call it Flex cash, which is on a first come first serve basis. Hence, a final sale price of $25,000.

Are you in the market for an EX-L? What are some of the sales quotes you have received from dealerships?
  • rsvrrsvr Posts: 21
    I'm in the market for a Sport but I also tried to get a good deal on the EXL w/o. None of the dealers here would go below $27k. I said I was ready to sign the papers for $26k but none of them accepted. So I just decided to stick with Sport CVT for $22k.
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Posts: 242
    edited July 2013
    Where are you located? Was the price you were quoted for a V6 model or a 4 cylinder, cos $27k sounds kind of high for a 4 cylinder.

I had contacted the following dealerships for their internet sale pricing on the EX-L:

Herb Chambers Boston/Burlington
    Honda Gallery in Reading
    Honda North in Danvers
    Honda Cars of Boston in Everett
    Honda Weymouth

All their prices were around $25.5k including destination fees. Most dealers did not want to budge on the price. A few offered Honda Flex cash, only after I asked about incentives.

How do you like the Sport model?
    One dealer told me I couldn't get the EX-L for less than $25k and tried to sell me the sport model. I politely declined since I wanted a sunroof, upgraded sound system, and the safety features of the EX-L.

I am going to reach out to a few dealers towards the end of the month and see if their price has gone down. If not, I will just wait till next month or when the 2014 models are released.
  • rsvrrsvr Posts: 21
    I live in Joplin, MO. Called lots of dealers within 200 miles but none of them offered EXL 4 cylinder for $25k. I'll be surprised if you get any better deal than what you are being offered now.
    My Sport is at the dealership, thinking of taking the delivery on Monday. I think I'm getting a pretty good deal on the Sport but would like to have the features on EXL. It's just that I cant swing $27k.
  • Did you try getting internet sales quote on the EX-L instead of calling the dealers?

One dealer I contacted stated they were only making $100 on the sale, so they were not going to budge on the price of $25.5k. I am not sure if I believe them since we (consumers) do not know how much dealer holdback they will be receiving from Honda.

If I were in your shoes, I would wait a few more days till the end of the month and contact some of the dealers close to you again and make them a counteroffer and see if they will budge on the EX-L.

I hear you. $27k is high for an EX-L 4 cylinder.
  • nick5413nick5413 Posts: 2
    First time car buyer here. I'm looking to buy a 2013 Accord LX in OC, CA
    probably around late August and early September. Can somebody give me tips/advice
    on what I should shoot for in terms of OTD? thinking about paying 10k in cash and finance the
    rest. any thoughts on financing? Thanks in advance
  • wayne21wayne21 Posts: 198
    One dealer I contacted stated they were only making $100 on the sale, so they were not going to budge on the price of $25.5k. I am not sure if I believe them since we (consumers) do not know how much dealer holdback they will be receiving from Honda.

Car salesman are notorious for not telling the truth. IF all dealers pay the same for the car the guy is not telling the truth. The 2013 4 cyl EXL can be bought on the USAA website in my area for $24,200 and I'm certain nobody is losing money on that deal. I'd suggest you keep trying... remember, if you buy a 2013 today, in a month or so you will be driving a one year old car.
  • juliankryejuliankrye Posts: 51
    Not to call you out wayne21, but just checked USAA website, and for North Jersey it is almost 26K, higher than what I have been quoted by local dealers for the EXL 4cyl.

What area are you in, for 2K heck I will catch a one way flight. Thanks Julian
    edited July 2013
    Hi all,

Is it me or would anyone else love to see the following on the 2014 honda accord sedan:

1. Factory Leather Option on the Sport Sedan version, seems to be one of the most looked after trims, however no leather for me has been a turn-off.
    2. 18 inch sport RIMS on the Sport trim would look really nice on the EXL 4 Cyl, thoughts? Current 17 inch rims not too pleasing compared to the Sport version.

Looking forward to 2014, if not 2016.
    Cheers you all, Julian
  • I am not a USAA member and neither me nor my spouse has served in the military, so I am not even going to dream about that price.

I have been debating on whether to wait till the end of next month for deals on the EX-L. How much lower would dealers go on the 2013 models, once 2014 models have been released?

Brian, any ideas?

I do not want to buy at the end of this month if I could have saved an extra $1000+ if I had waited an extra month.
  • spratmanspratman Posts: 19
    Went to Crest Honda in Nashville this weekend. If anyone is interested in a white ex-l sedan V6 without navigation they have one listed at $1,100 below invoice including doc fee. Wanted to bring this up simply because anyone can get this vehicle at this price. In other words, in case someone is reading this forum and isn't comfortable with haggling, this would be the way to go.

We almost purchased it but we really want a different color. Our salesman is Bruce and I like him so please ask for him and tell him spratman sent you his way!

You can find additional info here http://www.cresthonda.com/new/Honda/2013-Honda-Accord-nashville-71d3c66d0a0a0002- 0061a2e7e462c658.htm
    edited July 2013
    Not to call you out wayne21, but just checked USAA website, and for North Jersey it is almost 26K, higher than what I have been quoted by local dealers for the EXL 4cyl.

Zipcode 32173 ($24,249)
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    Julian - keep in mind that in most cases, you'll be able to negotiate a better deal than the buying services. Most private buyers who know how to buy a car consistently do better than edmunds TMV, cars direct, truecar, etc. (by the way, been a USAA member for many years, so I'm not trying to bad mouth them in any way).

Bill G
  • owned3hondasowned3hondas Posts: 41
    edited July 2013
    Yes he is lying big time! They would not be able to stay in business, otherwise.

Maybe that's his commission? Tell him to get a new job!
    Car salesmen for some reason unbeknownst to me just seem to think they're smarter than anyone else. I agree that the guy is full of it. If you really want to know how much money was made on the car it's pretty easy to get a good idea. If you tried to sell your car the instant you pulled it off the lot, the difference between the amount you could get and the amount you paid is pretty close to how much was made on the car. The market works pretty well.
  • hammerhead14hammerhead14 Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    For the Accord EX-L Sedan with Navigation, the breakdown is as follows:

Hi,
    I like the Nav! LOL, the prices in NJ are not that great. Let me know what incentives and prices you are seeing. I am ready to buy last week of the month!
    Thanks

Davis Honda, Burlington NJ
    $27,473 Dealer Price
    $425 Deck lip spoiler
    $139 Trunk tray
    $1,963 NJ Sales Tax (7%)
    $299 DMV Fee
    $298.50 Documentation Fee
    $7.50 Tire Tax
    $10.00 Internet Processing Fee
    edited July 2013
    Actually have confirmed the price that wayne21 noted in earlier post to be correct for the zip code he provided 32173, I guess different regional pricing down in Florida for that area. Definitely worth a flight and drive up if I was in the market, hopefully same prices become available up in the north east soon.

Side note, I do wonder if that price would be honored, should I test it out, thoughts?

LX Manual quoted for 18,883 also.

regards,
    Julian

Just to add, after inputting my information on the website, I got the following info on the next screen. it was interesting to see how far from the zip code used these dealers are when there are multiple dealers in the same zip code or within 5 mile radius. I ultimately think this is bogus prices.

Step 2: Select Your Dealers

Certified Dealer
    Learn more

BONUS – DEALER EXTRAS:
    Express Checkout Available
    Oil Changes
    Delivery Available
    ESTIMATED USAA PRICE ‡
    $24,949
    An estimated savings of $3,836 off MSRP
    43.6 MILES FROM 32173

Certified Dealer
    Learn more

BONUS – DEALER EXTRAS:
    Car Wash
    Delivery Available
    ESTIMATED USAA PRICE ‡
    $24,249
    An estimated savings of $4,536 off MSRP
    71.3 MILES FROM 32173

Certified Dealer
    Learn more

BONUS – DEALER EXTRAS:
    Car Wash
    Delivery Available
    ESTIMATED USAA PRICE ‡
    $24,298
    An estimated savings of $4,487 off MSRP
    82.3 MILES FROM 32173
  • texashonda1texashonda1 Posts: 4
    edited July 2013
    I have requested 4 quotes via email and have received the following two thus far. The other two dealers want me to call or visit in person but, but hoping they will email quotes at some point.

Would welcome any advice on negotiating form here. The first dealer is about 70 miles away and includes the trunk tray and window tinting (must have) while the second quote does not include.

I have told both that I would like to make a purchase near the end of the month. I do not plan to finance, but have not told them.

Thanks.

2013 Honda Accord EXL 4cly
    Sale price is $26,999
    Tax adds 1742.98
    Lic/Reg/Doc adds 246

Total out the door cash price is $28,987
    this price includes window tint, splash guards, wheel locks and a trunk tray at no extra charge

2013 White EXL Accord 4 cyl.
    Sales price: $26,943
    Govt fee: $126
    Taxes: $1738.25
    Document Fee: $125
    Total Price: $28,932.25
    Tint: price based on kind you select