Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• azshohanazshohan Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Hi all,
    I have been using a car for last 2 years. Recently, I have chosen a new one to buy. So, I want to sell my old car. Now, I am in search of a car selling help agency. One told me that How to maintain the value of your vehicle. Can you provide the correct path?
  • wayne21wayne21 Posts: 198
    edited July 2013
    Actually have confirmed the price that wayne21 noted in earlier post to be correct for the zip code he provided 32173, I guess different regional pricing down in Florida for that area. Definitely worth a flight and drive up if I was in the market, hopefully same prices become available up in the north east soon.

Actually, Julian, what gmanusmc said was correct - you can beat USAAs prices. Case in point for me - in 2010 we bought a new venza via USAA. We drove 150 miles to get it as no one local was near their price. We later met someone in a nearby town who bought the same car (a 6 cyl venza) for much less. We bought ours for $1200 under invoice only to learn that with good bargaining skills the car was bought one month later for $1700 below invoice. But to be honest, it was worth the extra $500 not to take the brutal beating in the dealership and just do it online.
  • juliankryejuliankrye Posts: 51
    Agreed, I was using that to gauge prices offered here in North Jersey, however no plans of using the service. At the beginning of June I got the following quotes from one of the dealers here in the North Jersey:

Accord EXL 4-cyl 25.5K, + $500 financing w/Honda
    Accord EXL 4-cyl w/NAV 27.2K, + $500 for financing w/Honda
    **They do charge 299 doc fee + doc and registration/plates.

After comparing USAA prices with what I was offered 2 weeks ago, they aren't much better.

24.5K for EXL 4 Cyl Accord should be doable now, come end of August better pricing should be available just like last year. Too bad my 2012 SE has only 12K and I can't get a good trade-in value, that said I guess I will keep adding a few more miles to it for now.

Cheers everyone, Julian

P.S. If anyone is in North Jersey and needs any assistance don't hesitate to contact me. I have helped a lot of friends and relatives got some sick deals during the last few years.
    These prices are really high, I am curious to see how much it costs to ship a car to Texas from North East or Florida, can you save some $$$.

Also if you get a sales order faxed from a remote dealer, maybe you can use to negotiate a better deal locally, have you tried that, try Weymouth Honda in MA, they will email you a quote will detailed pricing and use that with your local dealers.

Best of luck, JUlian
  • heynow76heynow76 Posts: 2
    I completely agree on your first point. However, I don't think Honda is going to offer leather in the Sport....ever. They would lose money on people jumping to the EX-L. I am in the market now for a Sport and would probably pay $2000 for leather and heated seats. It just doens't look like it's going to happen. Maybe I'm wrong....

The different trims should offer different wheels, in my opinion. I still can't believe the top level Touring wheels are the same as the EX. That is awful and ridiculous at the same time.
  • huskerfan5huskerfan5 Posts: 163
    Brian must be out on the golf course or sleeping late today, or he would probably tell you to send those emails at the end of the month when the dealer is more apt to deal and letting them know you will buy that day. In their eyes, telling them today that you may buy at the end of the month just makes you a shopper, not a buyer. While it is probably more advantageous if you wait till the end of the month, you would have probably have gotten a better quote if you said you would buy today.
  • Julian,

I live in Massachusetts, and I received similar quotes for the EX-L from several dealers in my area.

Do you think deals can be made at end of this month, or should I wait towards the end of August when the 2014 models are set to be released?

How much of a deal would I be able to negotiate? I do not want to pay more than $24.5k, if possible.

Thanks,
    Michael
    It is really hard to gauge, may be close to what you willing to pay or it could be better. It will depend on a number of factors, inventory being one of them, but also how aggressive Honda wants to be overall. Last certain dealers will let a few cars go just to meet their numbers, and that is when customers really win.

What I would suggest from experience, if you want to get a 2013, August would be the best timing. Do not go to the dealer on a weekend though, they are busy as hell and you will not get their attention. Also the price quoted is never the best price. I have walked out many times of the dealerships just to be pulled back in and make the deal that I wanted happen.

The Accord SE I bought last August, I was asked to make a reasonable buy offer, which was almost 22% off MSRP in my case, but it got me the deal. I don't think such a discount will be available on the 2013s, but a 15% to 18% discount I think will be soon, on certain trims.

I am helping a friend get a CRV as well, and yes we're waiting till end of August, at which point I think Honda will increase their dealer holdbacks and other incentives, my prediction.

Cheers, Julian
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Posts: 242
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the advice, Julian.

I might email a couple of dealers at the end of this month with my offer and see if they bite.

Worse case, I will wait till the end of August and try again.
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Posts: 242
    edited July 2013
    Weymouth Honda quoted me a sales price of $25,519 including $790 destination fee for the EX-L, about a week ago.

Their documentation fee is $239 and registration fee is $125. Their fees are one of lowest I have seen in MA.

Good luck with your search.
  • fastjfastj Posts: 4
    I've been shopping in the Austin area a bit via email. Best price I got for an Ex-L in the area was $26,150 + ttl. This was from Honda of San Marcos and included a limited lifetime power train warranty. I have not countered them yet.

I also got a quote from a DFW area dealer (Autonation in Lewisville). $25,771.

None of these prices include the add ons that you want. Just an Ex-L.
  • jmaxejmaxe Posts: 197
    The Central Texas market is hot right now and dealers do not have to offer deep discounts on the Accord.
  • mctrees02mctrees02 Posts: 15
    In DFW, I have multiple quotes at 25.5k on EX-L w/o NAV so don't be afraid to make the short drive north.
  • rsvrrsvr Posts: 21
    edited July 2013
    Hello everybody,

This forum helped me get a pretty good deal on an Accord Sport CVT. I thought of waiting for 2014 but if you read my other posts, you will know why I couldn't and one more important thing was I just couldn't swing anymore than what I paid for this model. So here are all the details...

Dealership: ROPER HONDA
    Dealership Experience: POOR to BAD

Model: 2013 Honda Accord Sport CVT
    Color: Black on black

Price: $22,499 (but will be paying tax on $22,800, yes I know...I will get to it later)
    Payment type: Financed @ 1.9% APR

What's included: Application fee, destination and handling, warranty forever, trunk tray, floor mats, splash guards, wheel locks and free oil change.

I just want to share my delivery experience on the day I bought the car...
    Went to the dealership at around noon yesterday and after greet and meet, asked the salesman if the car has been detailed yet so that I could inspect it before I sign the papers. I was informed that they will not be detailing the car as I rejected the last car that was detailed but had a scratch on the hood. It was sketchy as if they were trying to hide any blemish on the car and I asked if I could get my $500 deposit back and then the sales guy offered to wipe down the car with a towel for me but couldn't get it detailed as the order came from the higher management. I saw the car previous day and it had hundreds of bugs on it and asked how I could inspect it with all those bugs? He said he just couldn't get it detailed. I wanted to walk out but didn't, as I didn't want to go thru all this experience from another dealer.
    I was losing it and just didn't want my first brand new car buying experience to be bad so signed the papers and I was surprised to see that the sale price was $22,800. I asked him to change it to $22,499 but was told that the tax on it would be less than a dinner at "long horns"... I just gave up and went out to take a look at the car. It didn't have the wheel locks on it, so when I asked the salesman he went inside and got me wheel locks in retail packaging and I asked him if they were going to install it and I was told that they will have to charge me for it???? The deal was dealer installed accessories! Once behind the driving wheel, I noticed the tank was more than a half empty. What happened to that full tank of gas when you buy a brand new car?
    So overall, the buying experience was really bad. I would never buy another car from them again. But on the flip side the car is amazing. We love it! I just wish the buying experience was better.

So what I learnt from this experience and what everyone looking to buy a car should know,

1. Never put down a deposit, even if they had to bring the car from a dealership.
    2. Never trust anything what the salesman says.
    3. Make sure you pay tax only on the actual amount you pay.
    4. Make sure all the accessories are installed before you sign the papers.
    5. Get quotes from multiple dealers, as Brian says at the end of the month, and get it on paper before you drive to that dealership.

Good Luck and drive safe!
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    I am at a loss for words - with all the excellent advice available on this forum, I am flabbergasted that you took delivery of this vehicle after receiving such shoddy treatment from such an unprofessional organization. I hope all goes well for you - hopefully you were able to wash your car to see if everything was ok.
    Wow.

Take care,

Bill G
  • Hello all,

I have been lurking for a while. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the following deal:

2013 Honda Accord Sport (MT)
    $21,350 (selling price, includes $500 flex cash)
    $179 (service fee)
    $174 (reg/new plates)
    $1114 (WI 5.1% sales tax)
    --------------
    $22,817 (Out the door)

The deal includes trunk tray, wheel locks, and mud guards.
    Should I pull the trigger, or try for a better deal on the last day of the month?
    Thanks,
    couponmark
    It's a pretty good deal. I would go for it.
    Bill,
    They did detail the car as I was signing the papers. I couldn't find any blemish or scratch this time. It looked pretty good.
    Thanks for your concern.
  • Bill,

This forum has been a source of valuable information for me since I joined less than a month ago.

I've had my fair share of not so great dealer experiences in the past few weeks. I am hoping that my purchase experience would be a good one.
    Hi,

I won't say that everyone will have the same experience, however it is always a good idea to check dealer ratings in your area, start by doing a google search "dealer rater".

Good luck, Julian