Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• $24,283 is a good deal for an e-quote on an EX-L.

Did you move forward with that dealership?
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,002
    edited July 2013
    Mike
    your problem is your not fully understanding how the buying game works. keep on reading my post on how and when to buy. When you are ready to buy have your financing in place know your exact make and model, color. Then you buy the last 2 days, last day of the month with a target sale price for each dealership you call or visit. There is no reason to keep on asking dealership for a price. I have posted several detailed post on what price and how to get a good deal. Read them and write it on the pad with all your dealerships to contact. Next homework detail

You could call 100 dealers and will get pricing all over the map. These guys do this for a living if your not buying that moment or seem confused they will walk all over you and give you a half [non-permissible content removed] price. Why do you think the price is higher now than 4 months ago.. Your identified as a stupid buyer. Just like all the people who walk into dealerships without doing any research . So lets change that.

My suggestion to you is do not keep on posting in hear about pricing ..just read the posts.
    Make a list of the 30 nearest dealerships by your house. Call each one and ask the phone person in every place the name,number, and email of every internet manager.. when your list is complete keep on reviewing this board to see if there are dealerships in your area that people are recommending to buy. If you read about more dealerships in here call up dealership and get the internet managers info.. Next

When you are ready to buy you start to make all your calls and visit your targeted dealerships on the 2 to last day / last day of the month and not before with your targeted price to buy. when you decide what month your ready we can discuss a target price. Until then sit back and read these postings and jot down any info that may help you when your ready to buy.

I tried to by my Accord in jan for 1000 below invoice on the last 2 days.
    i could not pull the trigger so my next target date was end of Feb, were i made my deal.

If Feb did not pan out i would of bought at the end of March. but regardless i was buying in March for market price and not so much best price.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• user404user404 Posts: 17
    From this post I sense that you do not suggest buying at the end of July. Do you think waiting until end of August/September is better?
  • fiona6fiona6 Posts: 9
    Brian:

I made about 10 phone calls to dealers in Michigan and made my offer for 1300 below invoice with destination (for LX CVT, invoice plus destination = 21,369), so my offer is 21369 - 1300=20,069. However, no dealer accepts that and some even told me the lowest they can offer is 21,369. So i don't know if i should raise my offer?
  • Hello, I am also looking for a 2013 Honda Accord Ex 4-cylinder. With the price of $24,500, I assumed that does not include interests right? My credit is good enough for a %1.9 APR for 60 months. If it does not include interest can you tell me how much you paid after interest (total cost: down payment and monthly payments?) Thank in advance.
  • Did any dealer include flex cash?
    edited July 2013
    Fiona,
    Do not raise your asking price until late afternoon on july, 31. If you want to buy this month, make a deal with your best offer and closest dealer on july 31th at night time.

This is when the real Negotiation starts on the last 2 days, last day of the month . Hold your ground. You already have 10 dealerships with a target price. Late tommorrow afternoon around 5pm,either email or call back those 10 dealerships and ask if they want your business at 1300 below invoice for the sale . You might get a call from one of your target dealership with yes we can. Tell each dealership tomm you plan on buying on the 31th.

I would call a few more New dealerships tomm with your same target price to buy leaving your number and email if they wont meet your price. Do not buy unless you get your price. Buy the last day of this month Let July 30th play out all day.

Dealerships that have your make model and color will be more inclined to meet your targeted price before Aug 1, Dealers that do not have your car on there lots might not want to give you your price. Target all the dealerships that you already called with your model for same target price 1st tomm night.

If all your called dealerships will only go 1000 below invoice then make your best deal. You have recieved the best prices from your targeted area.

You have done a great job so far now try to close deal with your targeted price. I heard no mention of flex cash did you ask or know if dealers will give it to you for financing thru them. Thats another 500

On july 30th at 6pm i will help my friend buy a honda Civic. We will be calling about 40 dealerships with our target price for the sale tomm. Same rule applies if we do not get our target price we wait til july 31th and make our best deal.

Post your deal if you buy at the end of july.

• fiona6fiona6 Posts: 9
    Thanks Brian!

I have to admit that the negotiation is soooo intimidating for me. Every dealer kept asking how I came up with the number or if any dealer made any offer.

Just got the first call back from a dealer for an OTD of 22,200 for LX CVT, is this a good call??
    edited July 2013
    You will be getting call backs up til july 31 at night. let dealers come to you.

You buy at 1300 below invoice. plus any incentives/ rebates. Tell any dealer who asks........ you have several friends who purchased this same car for 1300 to 1500 below invoice these past two months. . Keep the focus and negotiation on your target price that is the only thing you want to discuss with any dealer. The more you talk stupid stuff with these dealers the more likely you will mess up and he will expose you. Especially a 1st time buyer.

1300 below dealers invoice is a good buying number for the end of july. Every dealership that calls you back let each one know 1300 gets it done. Mention the names of 2 other dealerships your waiting on for the sale that day. Play there game. Pit one dealer against the next. Dealership are calling you back to feel you out. Make each one think your closing the deal within hours. Make sure you get any flex cash if its avail thru financing car. This incentive gets subtracted from your agreed sale price.

Weymouth honda, and Herb Chambers in Boston hate each other i pitted one against the other to make it work in my favor. Get the 3 nearest dealerships involved and let them know your waiting on them every time a different dealer calls you back.

• alpha123alpha123 Posts: 15
    Hey Brian, first time poster. Been doing lots of research and following your advice.

My main question is around the "true invoice" you're referring to? I see the invoice on TruCar and Intellichoice and for example, I'm using $23,247 as the invoice for a 2013 Accord EX CVT. I'm in the Chicago suburbs. So far I've received "internet sale pricing" from several dealers in the $23,600-23,900 and $25-25,600 OTD with cash.

How can I tell if I'm getting $1000-1500 below invoice? Thanks in advance for all the great insights you're providing here.
    edited July 2013
    Go to Edmunds home page click on new cars then find your model go to pricing and you will see every models msrp and invoice price.

Take your models invoice price and add the $790 dest/charge to it. Minus your target price number. Now you have a starting point for negotiations. Take dealerships high doc fee charge into consideration when calculating your target price to buy.

edited July 2013
    Sorry i missed your post. I think july is a good month to buy. At worst case a smart car buyer could by a accord for 1k below invoice price. Thats not a knock out price but a good deal for a great vehicle in july. Waiting like you said another few months would net you a better deal on a 2013 but are you getting the model/ color you want. You have to way all the factors. One other problem is some of these smaller dealerships with limited 2013 stock Accords are known to add more accessories to that model to make more money off your deal. Just something to think about.

• The out the door price was 27,019. I would have to add the items I wanted and also traveled to aprox 3 hours. The Killeen dealer came down on the price to 27,785 with the trunk liner, wheel locks, tinting, mud flaps. Haven't bought the car yet. No other area dealers were willing to come down. The dealer in San Marcos gave me a 28, 698 out the door with no extras. Round Rock was 28,626.
  • jmaxejmaxe Posts: 197
    These damn CenTex dealers are just awful.
  • user404user404 Posts: 17
    edited July 2013
    Thanks Brian,

I am pricing EX manual which are really hard to find. Which brings me to another question, one of the dealers in my area has 4 of them (EX manual), where as others none (6 EX manual in 50 mi radius). This is according to cars.com, so why would dealer keep so many in inventory and can I use this to my advantage? Also another dealers offers to special order one, should I give deposit? I rather not.
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the newbie info. Good new is the edmunds invoice is the same as trucar and intellichoice, so I've been going off the right price.

My plan:

Now that I know what vehicle, color combo I want (black/black), I going to call each dealership starting tomorrow and target $24,600.

Invoice: 23247+790 for destination = 24037
    Tax: 1685
    Title, plates, doc: 400
    Discount (my target below invoice): 1500
    Total cash OTD: 24622

If I can get OTD with 25000 and maybe they include some extras I think I will be good.

What do you think? Am I thinking about this correctly? Is this a good deal?
    Now that I know what vehicle, color combo I want (black/black), I going to call each dealership starting tomorrow and target $24,600.

Invoice: 23247+790 for destination = 24037
    Tax: 1685
    Title, plates, doc: 400
    Discount (my target below invoice): 1500
    Total cash OTD: 24622

If I can get OTD with 25000 and maybe they include some extras I think I will be good.

What do you think? Am I thinking about this correctly? Is this a good deal?
  • suri_vsuri_v Posts: 7
    Hi guys ..

I came to know about this site a few days ago from my friend as I was mulling to buy a new car and have been hooked to it ever since. Thanks a lot for the amazing insight on the car sales process. I hope I can get some help as well.

I have asked for some online price quotes for 2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6. Some of them replied with the simple MSRP numbers asking me to call. I havent yet but i went down to a dealership today and got the following numbers. Lemme know if they are alright.

Price: 27k (includes destination & handling)
    Doc fee & DMV: 360 + 400
    Sales tax: 7% NJ

Comes to a total of 29650. No other bonuses offered. I am graduating in Dec but the honda site says we should graduate in the next four months to be eligible for the 500$ rebate

Can you please comment on these numbers and if I shud counter with something?

Thanks
  • Zazi,

Can you tell me if the interior of the EX seats is the same material as the sports accord?
    The dealer with 4 or 6 on his lot is where you will get your best deal. Start today with a target price and hold out til tomm. If dealer wont come down in price make your best deal on the 31st. You have to hope the dealership with your model falls short of his sales for the month otherwise 800 below invoice might be the best you could do.

I have a 10 am, tee time today . i'll be back in this forum tonight if you have anymore questions. I will be buying tonight also good luck with your model.

Brian