Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• msuwmsuw Posts: 5
    Brian,
    Thank you so very much for all your help. I was able to negotiate a price of $25,000 plus tax and tag and title fees ($23) minus the flex cash ($500). I am supposed to pick up the car tomorrow. There is no way that I could have done it without you!
    I am thinking of asking to purchase the all weather mats at invoice price. Where can I find the invoice price for the mats?
    Does anyone know if I might get a better price for the mats on amazon?
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,424
    edited August 2013
    Blue

Nice job on your sale. I new you would come very close to your target price. you seperated your self from the guy who cant negotiate. You were in control and the dealer blinked first. You found the right dealership.

I'm closing my lexus deal as we speak and the same nonsense always happens. the dealers closest to you think your lying and try to wait you out. The dealer i want to close with is right by my cousins house. plus has truck.

I think i was pretty clear that i have 2 offers for xxx price match for the sale.

6pm deadline for all. I have a few mins. I post this over and over... Today starts the buying game. unless you get your targeted price to buy.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

edited August 2013
    Msuw

Great job. listen not to brag or bang my chest in this forum with just about one thousand new car purchases under my belt in 40 yrs for myself, family, friends and friends of friends if you take some of these little tips on how and when to buy you will help yourself make the best possible deal. Knowing pricing and how to negotiate will help you get the respect from dealers cutting out alot of there bs. Whether you want to negotiate by email/ phone like Bluecars 57 did or visit dealerships just knowing what your learning in this forum will help you get the best possible deal. I thank- you for the kind words but guess what... You made that great deal not me.

Believe it or not you all help me to by sharing your experiences on here and the new wave of dealer nonsense they are pulling. I buy like i post in here so i dont see your dealerships bs stuff. Im not in the dealerships i avoid them at all costs. Trust me on this If you guys think walking away from the salesman in the dealerships after 1 hour and chased down in the parking lot is ok think again thats bs . Dont let them treat you like this. If i'm in the parking lot and your running after me telling me wait.. I'd rather spend 300 more and give it to a dealership who says this is the best i could do.. this deal stands today tomm or friday . Get the point. If you negotiate stupid you get treated stupid . If i get up 1x from the saleman.... You and your manager blew the deal good bye.................... there is no running after me i'm gone..

Best sites for Honda accessories. Tell your dealership they have to match the price.

Amazon................... on some items
    College hills honda
    Cheap honda parts.

• tadoantadoan Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I'm going out tomorrow bright and early and start face-to-face negotiations on EXL V6 for drive out of $29,000. Wish me luck everyone! So far, emails have only gone as low as 30,000 drive out. Hoping they are more flexible with me being in the dealership.
  • rusty81rusty81 Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    This is the 2nd month end effort to secure a deal on a Accord LX-CVT sedan. There are over 150 of them amongst 8 area dealers. 10 e-mails sent, 6 -8 followup phone calls made. No one wants to budge off of invoice plus.

I guess there is more money than negotiating skills in this market. No deal has gotten any better from the end of July. Guess we will see what tomorrow brings. Will start contacting all outlying AZ dealers then.

Anyone that has had success in the Phoenix market, let me know. Thx in advance.
  • jacobeeeejacobeeee Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    I am shopping in North New Jersey for a 2013 Honda Accord ex-l 4 cylinder. Yesterday I was given a price of 26500 plus 399 doc fees, 7% sales tax and the current NJ DMV fees and tire fee.

Today I went to another dealer that offered the same car for 25799 plus the same fees as the first. They did not have an ex-l 2013 with ivory leather, but they did have their first 2014 and offered it to me for 26195 (plus the same fees listed above) I am supposed to go back tomorrow to complete the purchase. Is this a good price for a 2014 Accord?

I thought that they were joking with me about the 2014 but I actually went to the car and sat in it and confirmed that it was the white/ ivory Accord that I wanted. Is this a good price?
  • bhkim81bhkim81 Posts: 2
    Alright, so I have been lurking these forums for months and finally decided to put some of the advice you all have posted to use. I emailed out all dealerships within my distance, ended up being 15 or so.

My target was $1800 off invoice plus $500 flex cash. I visited one tonight and after talking, they offered $1800 off invoice but that includes the flex cash ($1300 off/$500 flex). Should I bite?

Invoice: $22,139
    +Dest. Fee: $790
    - Discount: $1300
    - Flex Cash: $500
    =Final Price: $21,129 + TTL

Most of the other dealerships said they will "treat me right" if I come in and work with me. But all dealerships roughly quoted the same price and said they wouldn't quote lower unless I came in.

Do you think it's possible to reach my goal of $1800 off PLUS $500 Flex Cash?
  • rickmetrickmet Posts: 2
    Anyone have numbers for a 2013 Accord Sedan EX CVT in CT. After reading through many posts it looks like my target should be $1500 under invoice plus $500 in flex dollars. I have sent out emails to dealers tonight anxious to see responses.
  • sorry this is so late - Bernardi was up to 25399 + 790 for destination. Prime and Honda Cars of Boston are much better. Bernardi's original price of 24129 + destination was the best starting point when I started looking, but they raised it 1250 and it hasn't come down. Just checked again today (8/30). they must have reached their quota for the month.
  • Same with NE Ohio it seems. I got ONE dealer in the cleveland/akron area to budge from their original sale price and that was only 800 under invoice. Perhaps they won't feel the pressure to move on those prices until later this weekend since it looks like their "month" ends September 3? Any ideas? Uninformed buyers make it hard for the rest of us.
  • I have a question about making a down payment and financing the rest.
    If the car's OTD price is 20,000 and I make a 10,000 downpayment, does that mean that if I can finance it with 0% apr for 20 months, each month's payment is going to be 10,000 / 20 = 500 ? will there be additional fees even if the apr is 0%? Thanks in advance
    If there is any day of getting 1800 below invoice price it would be today.
    The way i look at your target price is... 1800 minus dealerships doc fee's.. Would be the real selling price. Your flex cash is a gift not comming out of the dealerships pocket but thru the honda corp.

I would target the other two dealerships. Your leverage today will help you get at worst 1500 below plus flex cash.

I think if you negotiate and be firm and pit these dealerships against each other you will come out on top.

Have fun

edited August 2013
    jacobeee

Your 2014 model EXL-4 Invoice w dest charge is $26,650 at the price that dealer quoted you 26,195 would mean your at 455 below invoice. dealer is lying to you. At that price 26,195 if dest fee is not included 790 that would put your deal at 335 above invoice price totaling 26,985.

Both deals sound very fishy in the nj swamp........... be careful

Use your common sense.......... On 2013 model's dealers in new jersey are selling 1000 to 1300 below with flex cash added to deals. Do you honestly think dealers will sell 455 below invoice on a 2014. Not happening . i dont see any dealer in New Jersey letting a 2014 model go for less than 1k above invoice right now.

If anyone can buy a 2014 model right now for invoice price that is a great deal considering were in Sept 2013. At Invoice to 500 above is where your target pricing should be if your considering buying a 2014 model now.

Supply and demand and your area are key factors in pricing.

High volume dealerships are where you should be looking for a 2014 model..

Post your Accord deals today with dealerships, city, and agreed buying price / not OTd pricing.................... This helps our forum

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
    A lot of bank notes include a basic insurance fee ($50-$150). It's sort of like title insurance.... but, it only protects the bank, not you... lol..

Other than that, the loan itself should have nothing else, not even interest, if it is 0% financing..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• mike372mike372 Posts: 354
    I still have not located a dealer in NJ willing to sell an Accord CVT sedan for 1000 or more off invoice (not including flex cash) when you include their doc fee. They are just not going to lose money on a deal. To this date I am not aware of any add'l incentives to the dealer from Honda like they had on the 2012 models. All the dealers are coming in with the same prices, around 20,700 to 20,900 including doc fee but excluding flex cash. And most dealers are out of flex cash if withinthe last couple days of the month. So anyone who claims extraordinary deals, well, they are simply not true in my experience or they had a trade or they qualified for some extra discount ie military. I am going to wait till the 2014 models come out and try in October. Because I konw of a dealer in eastern PA (only 50 minutes away) who will sell me one for invoice or a couple hundred less. Last October 2012 this same dealer offered me a 2013 Accord LX CTV sedan for 21000 including a 130 doc fee. I absolutely have to buy by October 2013( end of month), I cant wait any longer.
  • cardionpcardionp Posts: 21
    Is there any advantage to waiting until Sunday or Monday? I'm asking because at work all day.
    edited August 2013
    Mike

Are you ready to buy a Lx today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will help you............... model// color asap

• I am crazy to ask for a base model Accord lx in So Cal for $20,000 including all fees, before flex cash and before Tax/Title/License?

So basically, $19,500 with flex cash, before TTL

Best offer so far is 20,100 (with flex cash) before TTL. These dealers are acting like I am crazy for even thinking such a thing.
  • ucmd03ucmd03 Posts: 4
    Getting same response here in Columbus Ohio to 20k price.
  • mike372mike372 Posts: 354
    I will buy today for 20000 less the $500 flex cash. Otherwise I believe I am better off waiting for the 2014 model. Because if I have to pay 20500 less the flex cash its not enuf off, since the 2014's are out or almost out. The color has to be alabaster silver. I just got off the phone with the manager at VIP Honda and his best price inc doc was 20919. New Rochelle wanted 20870. They all laugh when I try to go lower. And the 20000 includes doc fee, excluding reg and NJ tax(7 percent).