Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Brian,

Thanks. I am hoping to get OTD (everything included) for $26,000 but I am not sure I will get it or if I have wishful thinking? Did you get an EXL and what was the OTD price and with what MSRP?
    The $24,299 should be $24,248 since that is the USAA price that I am guaranteed off an EXL with a MSRP of $27,995. Probably a typo. The USAA price already includes the destination charge of 790 and a 150 regional advertising fee.
    I prefer to deal at the end of the month but our Acura was totaled and we have to wait until the settlement goes through to buy again (per our credit union). We got approved for the loan today we are just waiting on the settlement to go through tomorrow or Friday. That said, we have been without a 2nd vehicle since the 12th of August and we have three kids so I am not sure it is worth the hassle to wait a few more weeks :-)
    My biggest frustration is waiting on these internet guys to respond. So annoying..
  • Sam,
    I am in North Florida and one of the dealers I went to said I could order the 2014 in any color combo I wanted without a deposit. I did this before when I bought my Pilot.
    In terms of pricing, I was given offered the 2013 price and the 2014 was only about $300 more.
    I am torn between the 2013 and 2014 in that scenario. While some feel that the 2014 will hold value longer since it is newer, the 2013 gives you a heads start so to speak on low mileage.
    I bought a 2011 Honda Pilot in April of 2010 because the demand was so high. Translation....my mileage seems very high for a 2011 even though it was purchased in 2010. So, I am debating whether to go this time for the 2014? Any thoughts?
  • It appears that the $500 Flex Cash option did not continue or increase after Sept 3rd, so now those who waited and lost do we go 2014?
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,407
    I bought a EXL V-6 back in FEB. My out the door price which should not matter to you due to different state tax and dmv charges ran me 30k OTD.

Good luck with your deal. Say No to anything there selling in that back Office and you will be fine.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,407
    edited September 2013
    2014 model is a no brainer.... For 300 more dollars I'm sure the excess mileage with the 2014 will outweigh the depreciation value of a 2013 model. In 3 more months the 13 is considered a 1 yr old model.. and your 2014 model will be just brand new all yr long.. Higher mileage vehicles are still priced really good on these newer model Cars/ trucks.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,593
    " The Camry is one tough nut to outsell"

Yep, especially when they sell Camry's in HUGE quantities every year to the car rental companies. Honda has never done that and when it comes to holding resale values that is a good thing.

The auctions are packed with ex Toyota rentals when they dump them en masse after a couple of years.

Still great cars but rental sales have a tremendous impact on their numbers.

Unless a person likes a soft, mushy ride (and some do) the Accord has a much better feel to it especially when pushed hard.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,819
    A reporter would like to speak to a car shopper who would rather use the internet to do most of their shopping than go to the dealership showroom. If this is you, and you'd like to share your story, please send your daytime contact information to pr@edmunds.com no later than EOB Wednesday, September 11, 2013.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• "... In terms of pricing, I was given offered the 2013 price and the 2014 was only about $300 more..."

Are you referring to the sales price of the car?

MSRP for the 2013 EX with destination fee: $26,195
    MSRP for 2014 EX with destination fee: $26,470

Which is a difference of $275.

What was the actual sales price of the car, if you do not mind posting it here?
  • MSRP of the 2013 EX-L with the $790 destination fee is $28,785.

You had mentioned that you were guaranteed a sales price of $24,248 through USAA, which includes the destination fee and a regional ad fee. If that is the case, that is savings of more than $4500.

Good luck getting the settlement and car shopping.
  • Blue and Cars12345,

Can I also use your reference to bargain with Prime? I would be happy to make the deal if they agree to the price what you guys negotiated to.

Thanks!
  • cars12345,

Did you finalized your deal with Prime? Signed the contract??
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    Good point Blue - I'm guessing moe was able to do the math and arrive at a similar conclusion - USAA is a very good company with very good programs available to its customers. There is a slight fee for their auto buying service, but it is worth it if you save a good chunk with little to no hassle. There is also a rebate sometimes if the vehicle is financed through USAA (rebate paid by USAA). They also have competitive auto loan rates so it is worth looking into for those of you who are USAA members.

Bill
  • I am not sure using my name will help, since I did not end up buying the car from Prime.

You can use my negotiated price to bargain with them but remember that my deal involved $500 Flex cash.

Be forewarned that these guys are some of the worst sales guys I have ever met, so make sure that the car you want to buy is on their lot. Do not rely on a manager's word. Drive there and see the car in person first.

I am sure you have read some of my previous posts about Prime on this forum. I would recommend Honda Cars of Boston to anyone who does not want to deal with BS and or sleazy car salesmen.

At the end of the day, it was not just about price for me but also the buying experience and the dealership customer service.

Good luck and post your numbers once you make a deal.
  • Thanks Blue.
    Yes, i have read through your post and also others.

My problem is i need a co-signer to get the honda finance and thus $500 flex cash. Since i don't have one, I am going with DCU finance. So happy to get the deal done at 24,900.

Would you be reference me to Honda cars of Boston? I would like to done with the deal ASAP. I am ready to pay the deposit today itself.

Thanks again.
  • Sure. You can use me as a reference at Honda Cars of Boston. Ask for Ben C., the internet sales manager and tell him that Michael (the guy who bought the silver EXL a few days ago) referred you.

BTW, their sales price was $24,998 vs Prime's sales price of $24,900.

Give them a call and let me know how I can help you close the deal.
  • Thanks Blue.
    I'll contact him and let you know how it went.
  • I tried couple of time to get Ben C. online over the phone, but ended up in his voice mail. So far didn't get the call from him. I have wondered if he is on leave but the front office said he is working.
  • The Prime honda says they have only one car in EX-L category and that too not in my color preference (but their inventory shows they have multiple car available), They were trying to sell the 2014 EX-L to me.

What is the good price can be paid for 2014 EX-L now?
    Is it a better deal to buy a 2014 over 2013 if it's few hundred above invoice price.

Very much appreciated any help.
  • I can shoot him an email.

What is your first name and what color are you looking for?
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Posts: 242
    edited September 2013
    No offense but I do not trust any dealer's online inventory. If it is not a far drive for you, you should take a look at their car lot for any 2013s EX-L. Last week when I went there, one of the sales guys showed me a black/black EXL but I was not interested.

You are not going to get any deals on the 2014s right now. Brian posted some info about pricing on this forum.

The difference in price between the 2013 and 2014 model is less than $300 as far MSRP goes, BUT you are not going to get any 2014 models below invoice.