Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,355
    Actually I AM retired and anyone who has been around these forums for a long time knows that. I left three years ago.

I have been a member of these forums since they began around 1996 I believe and I have NEVER, EVER solicited business.

There were some that did but I played by the rules...always!
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,020
    edited September 2013
    Craig

I never implied that about you. You always state that . I like you enjoy being in these forums . And for either you or i getting tossed out of here because how we feel about the Car business is foolish.

I'm not in these forums looking to buy folks cars That is there job.......... and the flip side is your not trying to sell honda's.

Wanted to make that perfectly clear to this forum.

New members are not aware of some of the rules in here.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    Appreciate the info but wasn't seeking advice - like Brian, I've been around this forum awhile and have been buying/leasing vehicles many years - I weigh in once in awhile when I think I might have some info that may be of some value to someone seeking a good deal. I'm partial to Honda products because our family has owned or leased so many of them over the past twenty years.

Bill G
  • I was just providing general info to anyone reading these forums, about buying a 2013 model this month and what to expect as far as pricing goes.

I was not directly responding to your post :)
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    But if you look, you did directly respond to me. If you have a general comment to make, it's best to just initiate your own post and not use the reply button - that way there's no confusion.

Your info is very good though - I made some of the very same points a few days ago - should be useful to the folks still shopping - we are in that touchy period transitioning from one model year to the next. It just depends on how urgently the shopper needs the vehicle right now. They need to weigh the pros and cons.

Don't worry blue - I observed how you went through your process - you were methodical and did great and got a great deal.

Bill
  • What is the 2013 Accord EXL 4 cy going for in Atlanta?
  • Nope, I neither get a call from Ben nor from Eric . Though I am out on a week end trip, was kept an eye on the phone calls.
  • I am going to call both Honda cars and Prime (if they have the color i want) tomorrow and see what is the best offer they can give and finalize one of them.
  • Good luck and let us know how it turns out!
  • Good luck. Hope you can close a deal within the next few days.

Honda Cars of Boston tends to have pretty good pricing right off the bat, so they may not be inclined to negotiate much.
  • Sorry for my delayed response...I have 3 kids and a 15 month old who is sick.

Here is my price. He said he cannot go any lower:

Hi Maureen,

The vin number to this Accord EXL is.......... and has a MSRP of $28,785.00. Your out the door price is $27,951.52 including all fees and accessories.

You guys think that is a great deal or no? It is not the color we want (white/tan or silver/black interior). We wanted the black/black or black/tan. I may try to push him for a 2014 with my color choice and pay the $275 more. I know the other dealer will give me the 2014.
  • No problem.

Since your post was titled "2013 or 2014 Accord sedan EX", I was under the impression that you were inquiring about an Accord EX.

Without a price breakdown, we cannot tell whether you got a good deal.

Some of the info that might be helpful would be as follows:

Sales price (including destination fee):
    Documentation Fees:
    Title and Registration Fees:
    Dealer add-ons:
    Any flex cash?
    Tax rate: (Since it varies by state and it does not affect the price of the car, you can just post the percentage)

What is the sales price you are being offered on a 2014 model? Below invoice pricing? Its MSRP is about $300 more than the 2013 model.
  • Prime said they don't have the car in stock, they can offer me the 2014 at invoice price. But i have to wait till the month end to get the car.
  • They can't go any lower than 25,200. But I am working with few dealers on 2014 models also. Will keep you posted.
  • Hey all, I got an offer @ 26,085 for 2014 EL-X. The dealer is asking me to come today to get this done.

The 2013 is @ 25,200 from one dealer.

I am in a dilemma between 2013 vs 2014. Is this the good deal to go for it? Please advice asap.
  • Hi, I am new to this forum. I am looking for a 2013 Honda Accord EX 4 cyc. Based on what I see the 2014 & 2013 models are about the same. I live in the NYC area. What is considered as a good price or avg price paid for this in the area? Will 2013 model prices drop in a few months and worth to wait? Looking for ways to find the best deals. Thanks
    The dealers offer of 26,085 for a 2014 EXL is the dest charge included in this price.

The 2013 is 1200 below invoice price is dest charge included

Was flex cash added to that below invoice price on 2013 and is it avail.

What is dealerships doc fee charges.

edited September 2013
    There is one poster who claims most dealerships in new york and new jersey are offering 500 below invoice price on his EXL model. Some models may vary in price depending on stock. Read back thru board on pricing and buying tips and then you will have some good questions to ask this forum for help.

If you could buy a 2014 model for Invoice price or just 500 above is a good deal around the nyc area. The longer you wait to buy a 2014 model closer to Dec the better pricing will get.

I am following a couple of post here that i find very interesting.

Invoice and maybe below on a 2014 model????

• Yes, the destination charges included for 2014 model.
    Doc charge + title + registration : 428

For 2013 model, destination included and no flex cash.
    Doc charge + title + registration : 298 + 130
    edited September 2013
    If your numbers are correct. There is a 251 dollar increase from last years model exl.... Invoice w= dest charge is== 26,650

This deal is a no brainer buy the 2014 at... 565 below invoice.

If he left the dest charge off that price that would put you about 75 dollars above invoice which would seem right. Double check you know how these dealerships will lie..

Even at 75 dollars above invoice price plus dealers doc fee's would still be a great deal on a 2014 model.

How many 2013 Accords are on this dealers lot. This deal Smells fishy to me.