Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• The dealer I bought my Accord from, the Internet sales people are not actual employees of the dealership. They are like contractors or independent sales people that are allowed to make different deals than the sales guy that work at the dealer. He said even at his dealership that I probably would not of gotten that same deal I did if I had walked up. He is able to make a better deals than the sales guys. I don't know if that is the same at all dealerships because the one that let me walk away was not willing to deal online either. I decided to go to the showroom after making little progress online with them but outcome didn't change.

I would email all the dealers in your area because they all operate differently and have different standards. The St Louis area had 7 dealerships and the ones willing to deal were located in a real wealthy area and a lower income area. The biggest dealers that are located in the middle class areas were not in a hurry to sell.
  • I stopped by Honda of New Rochelle this was the lease offer given to me:

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L

$300 per month, 2075 (includes 1st month) due at signing plus DMV fees. I will be checking other places.

Car valued at 25, 500
  • Michaell@EdmundsMichaell@Edmunds ColoradoPosts: 1,091
    As I understand it, some states cap doc or dealer fees (CA and NY for example). Others don't - I live in CO and I've seen fees as high as $699.

Your mileage may vary - but, it's the overall deal we need to focus on, not just one line item.

Different points of view are always welcome, but let's not monopolize the discussion.

Seems to me that good prices are out there for both 2013 & 2014 Accords based on recent posts. Keep those stories coming!

michaell@edmunds.com

Moderator, Prices Paid and Leasing Experiences

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Hi, I'm new to this site. Hello and thank you for your help!

I bought a new Ex-L 4 cylinder pearl white accord with leather (no navi) today....Not sure if I got a good deal?

Honda dealership is a no haggle dealership, meaning a fixed price only. They had the pearl white sedan EX-L I've been wanting 'on sale' for 25,882.00 + 699.00 dealer fee.

Did I do okay or not. I'm in Fl. Any thoughts. Thank you.
  • MSRP for that is $28.8k and invoice $26.4k, so in my opinion sounds like a great deal! =)
  • Geez, thank you so much because I didn't do any research first which is so unlike me. I bought my last Accord (V-6 with leather) in 2003 and remembered the final price was over 26,000.00

It was such a dream to own I ONLY wanted another Accord.

Thank you so much for saying I did okay! I know the 699.00 dealer price was a little high.

The only 'extra' I bought was the black mat for the trunk. It just made sense to me.

I put 11,000.00 down, and took the .9 36 month finance option. Seemed like a good idea.

This dealership does NOT deal, so I wondered if I did okay! Thank you so much.
  • Sorry I just saw yr reply. Finally I pulled trigger for 2013 accord sport 23500 OTD. Is it good deal?
  • Haha it's ok! Matters is that you have one! =)
    What dealer did you buy from? Which color did you get? Congrats!

Could've got for another $1,000.00 less but it's all good. Did you add extended warranty or any accessories/options?
  • gotojanoogotojanoo Posts: 9
    edited September 2013
    Grey color. Hardin , anaheim. I got 7 year 100k warranty.is it good price? No accessory. Just security system.
  • By the way, you made my day. I have a new Accord in the garage, but honestly thank you for telling me I did okay on the price! Am so appreciative.
  • Ummmm yes!!! We almost got the same pricing. ;-)

Any mods you plan to do in the near future?
  • Your very welcome! I must say if I didn't like the Sport trim I would've been happy with the price quote you received for the EX-L... Kinda jealous! Haha
  • I have to laugh because I don't know what you mean by sports trim. I know that sounds stupid. (My husband drove MY new Accord home.)

It's leather, has the adjustable seats, steering wheel, heated seats...What exactly does sports trim include.

I just liked the car. It was that simple.

I tried driving a hybrid Camry and it felt and looked like driving a refrigerator. That was my only research.

Honestly, what exactly is meant by sports trim. Just Googled it, and I'm not too clear.

Still sincerely, you really made my day! Am so happy with the white pearl color, the leather, and it's so much roomier than my old Accord.

Bought NO extra warranties. Considered the 'wheel' one, because I've had an incident or two, but love the beep beep beep when you get too close to 'something'.

I should have done this BEFORE buying, but was just 'ready',

BTW, dealership gives 5 days to return the car if you feel you made a mistake or didn't get a good price, etc...Thought that was cool!

Thanks again Sparkndutch!
  • Haha pretty much my Sport is like 2 trim levels below yours. Goes like this:
    LX
    Sport
    EX
    EX-L
    EX-L w/Navi
    EX-L V6
    EX-L V6 w/Navi
    Touring

I like the EX-L a lot, but got a great deal for my Sport and couldn't turn it down. It was pretty low that I'm sure the General Managers were hating me for such a disgusting deal lol
    Congrats on your new Accord btw! Glad to hear I was one of many new owners this week alone!
  • So tell me about the benefits of sport trim! I'd love to know. So you got a 2013 sport accord with what that you love and for how much? I'ld enjoy hearing. Btw, my husband said to me tonight, 'Do you want to sit in your new car?'

I laughed. No, I don't.
  • sparkndutchsparkndutch Posts: 31
    edited September 2013
    What I love about my Accord Sport is comes with fog lights, rear lip spoiler, 18 inch sports wheels, dual chrome exhaust, sport fabric seats, red interior sport lights also a little bit faster engine compare to the regular 4cyl engine. Compare to your EX-L, mine doesn't have leather, push button start, dual screens (mine only has 1), LaneWatch, Sunroof, LED brake lights, upgraded sound system and a few other things I'm sure I forgot to mention. Which all above is nice to have but it's my first financed vehicle (25 yrs old college student) and wanted to stay under $26k, I was able to purchase the vehicle 22k out the door + 1.5k for extended 7yrs/100,000 mile warranty.
  • Great message. All the things you need and like are the the things I'm no longer wanting. Cool. Good on you for getting what you want.

What did you pay for that warranty?

My father was a judge and a lawyer. Very wise. He had a saying. "Insurance is betting against yourself' That never left me. So I never buy ANY extended warranty.

I LOVE leather in a car. Important to me. Will miss my V6 on the interstate but the 2013 Accord 'feels' big and fairly heavy. Not BMW, Mercedes heavy, but it's worthy. NOT like a toyota.

Back to your warranty....What did that cost you?
  • Bought it for $1,500.00. I do plan to keep this car for 10+ years.
    I dont think it's too heavy, I have about 150 miles now and 100 of them were freeway driving and I was happy to be speeding and zipping my way around other cars. Nice to have no plates as people stare and admire my car haha
  • Thanks for reply. No, I'm in Ga. Haven't bought yet but this week is my goal to buy if I get what I want at right price. I like your idea about accessories! What did you get added? What kind of deal did you get on extended warr? I have been driving my 03 accord for 10 years. I love my car. It's got nearly 200k on it and its going to my teen. This dealer has been the only one that has been great to work with.