Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Invoice price with destination fee for this car is $28,269.

What are the quotes you have received so far?
    With regards to the fees you have listed, you need to ask the dealer what they are for.

The only fees you should see listed are dealer documentation fees, title and registration fees.

You also listed accessories. Are you purchasing any dealer-add ons? If not, then you should either ask the dealer to find you a car without any accessories or list the price of all the accessories you will be purchasing.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,001
    edited September 2013
    Color choice may be a problem on a 2013 with very limited stock. Call/ email today a handful of dealerships to see who has your model and color 2013. If you find your model that is the dealerships you negotiate with on both years.

keep a eye on Mistersc post he is at invoice price and maybe below due to flex cash money on a 2014 model. We need to ask what dealership he is dealing with.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

edited September 2013
    I'm sure you will be pretty pissed off if you drive 90 mins to find out they deceived you and did not add the 790 dest/charge onto the deal. Always cover yourself with pricing. Dealers have a funny way of forgetting certain price items making it look like a honest mistake hoping to get you in the showroom.

• Found the information. Just sharing with the forum-

Doc Stamp = State Stamp tax only if taking the loan
    Non Tax Fees = Estimate for DMV
    Taxable Fees (estimated) = Title + tire tax
    Accessories = Dealer Options Added
    DTA = fee for financing
  • Blue- here are the prices I received so far.

Dealer 1 Dealer 2 Dealer 3 Dealer 4 Dealer 5
    Price  27868.17 28085 27950 28996.62 30,835
    Doc Fee  599 689 689 598 589

Dealer 6 Dealer 7 Dealer 8
    30045 27865 28118
    699 699.95 599

I'm in the market for 2 such cars. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Hi Would you mind providing the dealer name. I'd like to call them,

thx

mike
  • Blue - Formatting didn't take when published. Here's the same information with better formatting for the prices I received so far. I'm in the market for 2 such cars. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dealer 1
    Price  27868.17
    Doc Fee  599

Dealer 2
    Price  28085
    Doc Fee  689

Dealer 3
    Price  27950
    Doc Fee  689

Dealer 4
    Price  28996.62
    Doc Fee  598

Dealer 5
    Price  30,835
    Doc Fee  589

Dealer 6
    Price  30045
    Doc Fee  699

Dealer 7
    Price  27865
    Doc Fee  699.95

Dealer 8
    Price  28118
    Doc Fee  599
    edited September 2013
    rivhil

Your in a good Negotiating position with 8 dealerships. Decide on a target price to buy taking in each dealerships doc fee charge. let them fight and compete for your business.. Let them chase you.......... not the other way around. Hold out til you get your target price to buy making your best deal at the END of this month. Read blue's comments on buying/ negotiations his comments will help you secure the best deal.......................Good luck

• bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Posts: 242
    edited September 2013
    After reviewing your prices, here is my breakdown:

Dealer 1
    Below invoice: $400.83
    Sales prices + Doc fees: $28,467.17

Dealer 2
    Below invoice: $184
    Sales prices + Doc fees: $28,774

Dealer 3
    Below invoice: $319
    Sales prices + Doc fees: $28,639

Dealer 4,5, and 6
    Not good deals

Dealer 7
    Below invoice: $404
    Sales prices + Doc fees: $28,564.95

Dealer 8
    Below invoice: $151
    Sales prices + Doc fees: $28,717

Just looking at the numbers, dealer 1 seems to be in the lead with the best sales price even if you include their $599 doc fees. Dealer 7 has the second best price and is about $98 more than dealer 1, and their doc fees are higher than dealer 1.

If you could get at least $600 below invoice to cancel out the doc fees then that will be a good deal. As Brian said in his post, you should let dealers fight for you. Pit them against each other and see who will give you the lowest sales price. Wait till the last 2 days of the month to strike a deal. I would recommend using Brian's BUY TODAY offer, once you have determined a reasonable price to offer below invoice.

Do not let anyone play games with you. It appears that you are an informed buyer, so knowledge is power. Make sure the dealership has the car on the lot in your color and trim, before you head over to seal the deal. I would also recommend making sure that you have a backup dealership, in case your first choice does not work out.

Time is on your side here. You mentioned that you were in the market for 2 such cars. If you plan to buy from the same dealership, you might be able to negotiate an even better deal.

Good luck.
  • In order to better evaluate your deal, you should also provide the amount being charged for these fees:

Doc Stamp
    Non Tax Fees
    Taxable Fees (estimated)
    Accessories

Are all dealers charging these fees?
  • Hollywood Honda. Ask for Simon, the internet salesperson. Tell him Gil sent you.
  • Hi. I've been following all the great info in this forum, going back to the older posts to learn as much as I can, so thank you! This is my first time buying/negotiating a new car, so trying my best to follow the techniques posted by calling multiple dealers, starting 3rd week of month, with plan to close last few days of month, but not yet close to some of the numbers posted here (yea I'm a newbee). This is the best I got so far from three dealerships:

2013 EX-L
    Long Island, NY Area
    Invoice $26,399
    Sale Price $25,475 (inc Dest)
    No Dealer proc, prep, or finance fee (0.9% APR - 36)
    +DMV $175-$275 (I think)
    +NYS tax

From what I've read, looks like I should be able to get a 2013 EX-L for $25K without two much hassle? Two dealers have down down to $25,500 and have the exact model I want...one claims they have 7 of them. I was told no flex cash available, but not sure if I believe that.

Is $25K a good price if I get it..i.e. next time I talk to them state I'll close on that price? Or push for $25K them add ons like spash, molding, rubber mats, etc. Also have been following mistersc threads on the 2014.

If anyone (mistersc?) has experience with any good Long Island dealers to work with would appreciate!

Steve
  • Steve,

At this time of the year, you should be getting at least $1500 below invoice for a 2013 Accord EX-L. I bought mine in MA nearly 3 weeks ago for $1400 below invoice plus $500 flex cash. Dealer stock is running low, so some dealers might not be prepared to budge on price.

Try and find dealerships who have your car on their lot and flex cash available. If not, you might be better off looking at a 2014 model.

Your focus should be to negotiate on the selling price of the car. It may not be the best move to also bring up dealer add-ons at this stage of the negotiating process. Do not forget to take into account dealer doc fees.

If you have not already done so, read up previous posts on this forum on how to get the best deal. You can apply some of the advice I posted in this thread #31033, http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef006d2/31032#MSG31032
  • Blue,

Hi. Thanks for the quick reply...really appreciate your insight. I will act on the tips you mentioned in post 31033.

I have talked to some dealers with only 2 or 3 2013 EX-L's in stock, so understand those aren't the places that I'll get the best price. For 2014's looks like a good price on a EX-L with dest/doc would be a few hundred under invoice, at least from the posts. So will think about that also.

Will keep the forum updated.

Steve
  • I'm in Orlando and bought from Holler Honda. The five day return policy is TRUE. Call them and ask. This dealership has been around for dozens of years, and has many many dealerships.

If you want me to break down the price I paid for everything I will.

(Also, they gave me .9% financing, 36 months), I was prepared to pay cash, but the 3 year financing will only cost me 275.00 in total interest. (I put 11,000.00 down.)

Let me know if you need me to break this down for you. Holler Honda in Orlando is a well known dealership. (This is my second time buying a new accord from them.)

In addition to the matt that goes in the trunk, I paid 499.00 for laser UV window tinting. (Turned out exquisite.) They also have a 199.00 tint but it doesn't have the UV protection.

I'm LOVING this car.

Let me know if you want the line by line details of what I paid and I'll be happy to help.

If you come to Orlando to buy, let me know and I'll give you the salespersons name we used. Really liked him, great guy.

(With the mat and 500.00 tint the out the door price was under 30,000.00.

Btw, if you don't believe me on the 5 day return policy, give Holler Honda a call!
  • By the way, as an addendum to my post above, I did NOT transfer my tag. Got a brand new tag that day, and they did all the 'work'. That adds to the cost.

Detailed, full tank of gas, and a free coupon for my first oil change.
  • Steve,

Could you please share or private message which dealers are giving $1500 below invoice? I am in the market to buy the same car and in the same area?

Thx,
    Henry
  • Henry,

Hi. The lowest price I got so far for an 2013 EX-L in the LI area is $25.4, which is $1000 under. But still working at it, as I want to close this week.
    Have you contacted any dealers yet in the NYC/LI area? When are looking to buy?

Steve
  • Hi,
    I have a similar deal in FL on the 2014 EXL 4 cylinder black/black. This was the best deal out of 7 dealers:

Sales Price $25,872.82
    Flex Cash -$500
    Sales Tax 7% 1,662.58
    Est Tag Transfer/State Fees 263.50
    Dealer Fee 898.00
    OTD Price $28,196.90
    Includes: Destination, mud guards, door edge guards, body side molding, trunk tray, wheel locks and pin striping. My dealer said he couldn't technically get flex cash on the 2014 but managed to get the $500.
  • Read my post on 9/23/14.