Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    I'm guessing pricing will loosen up a bit now and even more in December.

Bill G
  • As far as I know , The 1.9% (60 months) financing from HONDA is only for 2013 models. Are you sure that it is being offered on 2014 's ?
    one of my friend had 700+ credit score and got 2.24% APR for 60 months on 2014 accord. Can the dealer manipulate the honda Financing APR ?
  • It's being offered for 2014s BUT, it appears to be tied to their recent grad requirement. Go to the offers page by model, then click on more offers. It's at the bottom of the listings.
  • Info about the current finance offers is listed on Honda's Financial website: http://www.hondafinancialservices.com/shopping-tools/current-offers#national-new- -offers

0.9% APR for 24-60 months is available for 2013 Honda Accord Coupe.
    0.9% APR for 24-36 months is available for 2014 Honda Accord Sedan and Coupe.
    1.9% APR for 37-60 months is available for 2014 Honda Accord Sedan and Coupe.

These rates are good through 1/6/2014
  • Thanks bluemkn57 and plagwate for the information.
  • Hi everybody, I just sent out requests for quotes to dealers in my area (SF Bay Area).. My question is: When to discuss about financing? Once I am happy with the price? Or should it be a part of the discussion from the beginning?
  • hogan773hogan773 Posts: 255
    Nope I was offered this low financing on 2014 Accord in the past 48 hrs. Not tied to college grad. I don't really value it since I don't plan to hold a loan on the car, but I would finance if it results in flexcash.

BTW I am planning on closing an awesome deal on Saturday for an Accord...don't want to disclose the price here yet as it almost seems too good to be true but I will report once I have the car.....
  • hogan773hogan773 Posts: 255
    I would just focus on the purchase price of the car. The financing is what it is...you try for your best rate. Ideally you will have already gotten pre-approved somewhere else so you know that you can buy the car without relying on the dealer to provide financing. You want to stay away from the "how much can you pay per month" discussion because it is really easy for the effective car price to balloon up even when the monthly payment is only rising a smidgen
  • Just make sure it is a not a bait and switch deal.

Good luck.
  • Thanks for your reply. Actually, I don't really need financing, but it seems like most of the good deals come only if I finance. I am hoping to finance a small portion with no prepayment penalty, and then pay it off within few months.
  • Good on the finance end BUT did they forget lease support?
    Are you referring to a great money factor? I'm not sure where they are on that right now, but usually the good finance rates translate to good lease rates also. Check with kyfdx in the lease thread to see if he has the money factors yet.

Bill G
  • I'm disgusted! Turns out the dealer was applying a $500 incentive to the price they quoted, so it turned out to be not such a good deal after all. It doesn't take long to get fed up with these people, even if you never set foot in the showroom!
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,350
    I'm not surprised. I used to deal with that all of the time.

Shopper pit dealers against the other dealers in their zeal to not pay one more nickel than they have to.

So, some store will play dirty and give "quotes" that they know they can't sell a car for.

The "smart shopper" has spent, literally weeks on the phone or going from store to store.

I was always upfront and open with my customers and once in awhile when I was asked if I could match or beat some ridiculous number that some other store had given them I had to be SO CAREFUL or I knew I would never see them again. I knew most wouldn't give me the satisfaction of saying " I told you so" even though I would never have said that.

I had to say..." Well, if they will REALLY sell you that car for that price with no last minute add ons or changes, then you should really buy it there"

" Now, if you find out they lied to you or made a mistake, come back and see me. I'll be happy to get you an exceptional deal"

The sad thing is quite often a weary shopper would just cave in and go ahead and buy from the store that lied to them.

" OK, you got me....I'm sick and tired of the fight, just sell me the car"

I do have to say that while I NEVER ONCE lowballed a customer it was tempting and I can see why it happens.
  • I actually closed a similar deal today and couldn't be happier. Clearly, right now is a superb time to buy. I wanted to thank you and the other folks on this board who have been so helpful.
    Congrats on the new Accord - can you give us a breakdown of our deal?

Thanks, Bill G
  • In a previous post of mine, I stated: This is what you need to do. Ask the dealer to give you a quote for the price of the car including the destination fee but not including any incentives such as flex cash.

I've dealt with shady salesmen and dealerships before, so I hear you. Did you have a backup dealership in place that you could reach out to?
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Posts: 242
    edited November 2013
    You made some good points.

From my personal car buying experience, pitting dealers against one another did not work for me, since most dealerships were firm on their price. Those who offered to match or beat another dealer's price by $XXX never had the lowest price and always played games.

At the end of the day, a shopper needs to figure out the market price of the car they want to buy, and when they are ready to deal offer a "reasonable" BUY TODAY price. That trick worked for me and that's one of the best advice I have gotten from being on this forum.

I have a question for you, since you used to sell cars and Hondas. Why do some salesmen think being deceptive is a way of doing business?

The sad thing is quite often a weary shopper would just cave in and go ahead and buy from the store that lied to them.

I walked out of two dealerships when I was ready to make a deal, after they had lied to me. I would never cave in and buy from a dealership who is dishonest, even if they had the lowest price.
  • Yes, you told me. I was stupid. And naive. I do have other dealers in mind. No GREAT price, but a higher volume dealer may be more willing to come down.
  • sg71sg71 Posts: 2
    It's Pohanka Honda on Beltway (MD). With student discount (-$500), it will be $22000.....sweet