Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• veersveers Posts: 79
    Fees were included in the $26,950 price. Would rather not give dealership name after my little inside scoop. I'm looking at some of the docs I got, and seeing how this went down - I e-mailed asking for best price, internet guy e-mailed back offering $26,800. I then had to go up to $26,950 when manager balked at that price and said it was crazy. I now realize internet guy wrote that I had asked for $26,500 (not true) and he would close the deal. He made up a fake offer for a ridiculously low price and then raised it by $300 to$26,800 to make it look like he was negotiating to the higher price. All pretty funny stuff, nice to see some of the salespeople negotiating against their own dealerships and not just against consumers.
  • Actually, I'm thinking of picking up another 2014 Accord EX-L with Nav for my Mom. (I just bought an EX-L last week). Thanks for any info.
  • adamr1adamr1 Posts: 28
    That is a hell of a deal. I will be looking for an EXV6 in about 6 months. I didn't think the price would ever get to the level you got. Might be worth a shot then to expand prices outside of NJ where I am at.
    Ya, not a home run, but a decent triple. Also got free lifetime powertrain warranty and carpet mats. Looked at the docs again, and the price was $26,930 plus TTL. NJ was awful, couldn't get anyone under $27,600 and all the dealers told me that there was no point shopping around since "we all pay Honda the same amount for the car" and "we won't be undercut on price, we will match any competitor offer." All lies and bs, as per usual. I would definitely work with the big N Va and MD dealers and look for a steal. It's hard to know who will play ball, but you just got to find the right salesman at the right dealership at the right time, and you may hit a real home run.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,012
    edited December 2013
    Pricing in the MD, Baltimore/ Va area's are quite lower than the rest of the country. If the savings is worth the trip like veers is doing you will make a hell of a deal. I have not paid much attention to all his specific's on his deal but i'm sure that dealership is either going for that special money being given by the honda corp or that dealer may have another incentive he is trying to make by close of Dec.. No dealer is losing money on any 2014 vehicle with accessories thrown in or not. Dealerships that sell cars 9 out of 10 will always throw in pro packs, splash guards, mats, rear deck lids etc to close the deal.

funny thing is some poor slob that walks into that dealership will get banged out for those same added accessories.

All you guys buying on the East coast should take advantage of this months pricing you will get a hell of a deal this month. Especially in the regions mentioned above. Even in your area pricing will be better than the last couple of months.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• danny555danny555 Posts: 2
    edited December 2013
    Dear all,

I am getting a 3 yr lease deal on Accord 2014 sport cvt -195 per mo 3650 down 12k miles...
    i am new to this forum...please suggest is this a good deal and what else i should ask/know from dealer before i sign up ... please help
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    Check out the lease thread in this forum before you finalize any deal. One recent deal on the car you are considering was 265 a month including tax with around 400 paid at lease signing. That's a total of 9940 for the 36 month lease. Your quote comes out to 10670 so there should be some room for improvement on the deal. Be patient, educate yourself on how a lease is calculated, and get quotes from as many dealers as you can - you should be able to land a great deal. One last thing - pay as little as possible up front to get into a lease.

Bill G
  • You are not doing so well on this deal - but you haven't signed the paperwork yet. :) First of all, any dealer's first or even second offer includes $$$$ in profit for them. You make *them* the offer, and you'll do much better.

For this car - basically if you give them first month plus fees up front (about 600 bucks) you are looking at 225-250 a month (not including tax) depending how well you can bargain. Good luck!
  • I find you have to look at the state to compare leases. Someone on this forum mentioned not to put so much money upfront because you end up not being able to recover it if your car is totaled. If it is the only way you can finance a car because you are only approved for so much money, then you have to. I find Southern California to be high.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,012
    It comes down to how much am i willing to pay. Good or bad credit. If you have bad credit and you want that new ride you might have to pay 18% interest for car. Or be forced into putting more money down.

It does not matter what state your in.. You apply the same formula for leasing and buying. With leasing you need the right numbers for the lease Residual, money factor and cap cost etc. Then negotiating the lowest price for that vehicle, now work the lease numbers off that price is how you proceed. Some area's may be selling that model a little cheaper. Your states tax rate/ dmv fee's/ doc fee's is where states differ.

Again if your credit is not good you have to pay more.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• danny555danny555 Posts: 2
    edited December 2013
    thx all for guidance .... i am from NJ and the first payment is inlcuded in the down payment;

i am new to US so i don't have a credit history somebody is signing for me as cosignor with 780 score.

i hav another option for exl 3650 down 252 per month 15k miles for 36 months.

I will re nego for doing a less down ...but suggest me if the car is total or stolen will the gap insurance not work
  • hiker10hiker10 Posts: 17
    edited December 2013
    That is what I meant, that the price would be different. If I was using the Weymouth Honda calculator, I don't think I could find a dealer leasing for that price. The price of the car would be more. How about Honda incentives? Would that vary from state to state? Also, could a dealer change numbers (not the price of the car) from that month's numbers to bring up the price of the lease?
  • adamr1adamr1 Posts: 28
    So the 26,930 included all dealer fees as well, that 200-500 they always throw in of administrative charges?
    yep. I would expect others will be able to match/beat this given the $3k December incentive.
    Danny - gap insurance will cover the difference if the payoff is more than the value of the car in a total loss situation but it will not cover any amount that was paid up front at the beginning of a lease. Anything paid at lease signing is lost if the car is totaled or stolen and not recovered.

Bill G
    Buyers with a qualifying credit score can buy or lease a vehicle with little or no money up front. Those whose credit score does not qualify would need to adjust expectations as far as a monthly payment would be concerned. However, a lower credit score should not keep someone from negotiating the lowest selling price they can - the lower the selling price, the lower the payment.

Bill G
  • Email me on aaloke83@rediffmail.com
    I can provide you all the details. Good luck. My 2014 EX-L non navi price was 24900 after considering flex cash. For navi you could add the MRP difference and possibly negotiate further.
  • hogan773hogan773 Posts: 255
    Nice work Veers - now you beat my record by 49 bucks plus you got all that cr*p dealer stuff thrown in too (although actually I personally wouldn't want some of that stuff like splashguards - not even if they're free - but personal choice).

You were patient and I think the market moved to you with some of the new incentives in the background.

Enjoy your V6. It's a great car. My only sadness right now is that my poor car is sitting outside in 1 degree weather and looks like a dirty piece of cr*p with salt and ice and everything on it.
  • gilmourjunkiegilmourjunkie Posts: 3
    edited December 2013
    I got a quote from an internet dealer in Pittsburgh for $18,987 + tax/plates. After getting offers from other dealerships, that seems to be a pretty good deal. Thoughts?
  • Hi,
    May I ask the name of the dealer please? Seems like you have a nice price quote. In the market for one as well.
    Thanks.