Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Read some of the recent nice deals made on the Accord EXL models and was wondering what someone should expect to pay for the 2014 Accord Sport.
  • jad8jad8 Posts: 1
    Are there any dealerships in NC that can give a honest quote? Have not found one yet? The only quotes that are farily good are in N. VA.
  • Does that price include the destination fee and any incentives?

MSRP for the LX w/CVT is $23,545 (price includes the destination fee)
    Invoice price is $21,620 (price includes the destination fee)

Your quote sounds too good to be true (if the price does not include any incentives).
  • I have read posts on another forum on Edmunds where owners of the 2013 Honda feel like a jerking at slow speeds, along with a few other software issues because of the technology. Everyone that has purchased a car on this particular forum talks about how happy they are with the purchase. Does anyone know if they have ironed out these things on the 2014, or it it something that is just part of the way the car drives? I am just wondering if I should extend my lease until 2015 so they have time to work out any complaints from consumers.Thanks
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,024
    I think some cases are worst than others. I bought my V6 exl back in Feb and did experience this more in the first couple of months. Im sure if there is a issue honda will adjust this problem on the 2014's. The more people who log this complaint about the jerking/ software will get hondas attention.

My friend who has the 4cyl. Exl accord has been telling me the car jerks around alot a lower speeds. He bought the car back to the dealership to get check out. i never followed up on what they did. i will look into it thou and post it.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• I got a couple of internet quotes on the EX today. Invoice +100 and Invoice+200.

Both include destination.

The dealer at Invoice+100 said they have flex cash, if the car is financed, bringing the price to invoice - 400.

With the additional incentive being offered this month, how much better do you think I'll be able to do? I'd love to see invoice - $500 AND then throw in the flex cash and other cash back incentives. Realistic?

It shouldn't matter on our negotiated price, but we also qualify for $500 new grad cash. :shades: . What do we show up with at purchase time to get that - a transcript?
  • Thanks for the feedback. It seems they were doing some software updates to remedy the reported problems. Like a radio making a screeching sound and you had to turn the car off and start it again. Like rebooting a computer. The more high tech, the greater chance of error. Can't do without all that, though!
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,024
    Get several dealerships involved. making a offer of 500 below invoice plus flex cash for the sale that moment to all your emailed and called dealerships. Some area's are selling alot lower than 500 below.. your number is very Do- able. Check board out to see pricing.

What area are you looking to buy.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• I find that my car (2014 accord) does this too. It is minor, but noticeable. Also I found the forward collusion warning to working less than half the time or could be the way I drive.
  • gilmourjunkiegilmourjunkie Posts: 3
    edited December 2013
    I thought the same but Honda is offering 3K dealer incentives in Dec. from what I've read. I think that factors into the lower price. No freight charge, etc. However, reading CVT issues, I may not be interested anyway now.
  • Hey,
    I need help they gave me a deal of Inv-300$ + Flex Cash of 500$ on Accord sport coming at 22200, do you guys think its good deal.

Thanks in advance.
  • as it turns out, having re-read the offer it includes ALL incentives... military, recent grad, etc. None of which would I qualify for. So I'm coming in around 20K for a LX if my calculation is right plus tax/title. I'll probably wait giving this info.
  • That is not a good deal. If I were you, I would wait till the last 2 days of the month and make an offer of at least $500 off invoice plus flex cash.

BTW, how did you get to the price of $22,200?

Invoice pricing for the 2014 Sport model is $23,225 (including destination fee). Hence $300 below invoice would be $22,925. If you include the $500 flex cash (applied towards your down payment), that price drops to $22,425.

Are there any other incentives in that price you were quoted?
  • I thought the same but Honda is offering 3K dealer incentives in Dec.

Do not worry about those dealer incentives, since they would not be passed on directly to customers. Your main focus is to negotiate the lowest price of the car with the techniques, and information found on this forum.

Your best bet might be to wait the last 2 days of the month, as suggested by Brian, and make a BUY NOW offer.
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Posts: 242
    edited December 2013
    This is what you need to do; call or email that dealership and ask for a price quote that does not include any incentives BUT includes the destination fee. If they start to play games with you, move on to the next one.

There is a wealth of information that should help you negotiate a good deal.
  • szorlszorl Posts: 3
    Well, I'm still searching for the best deal on a 2014 EX-L and have reached out to dealers outside the Central Florida area. I received a quote from Brandon Honda near Tampa yesterday of 26397.00 but after looking at it further, they said I had to add tax, tag/title, dealer fee of 689.00 and desitnation fee of 830.00 which brings it to 27916.00 before tax and tag and title. Doesn't seem like a good deal to me although they include the following:
    Pinstripes
    Door Edge Guards
    Wheel Locks
    Mudguards
    Cargo Tray
  • Do you want those accessories with the car? If yes, find out from the dealer what the price of those accessories are and negotiate with the dealer. If not, either tell the dealer you want a car without accessories or you will not be paying for the extra add-ons.

BTW, the destination fee should be $790 and not $830. What's the second or third best offer you have received?
  • szorlszorl Posts: 3
    Autonation in Sanford - 26378.00
    Holler Honda, Winter Park - 27139.00

These prices included Destination Fee but the above offers are a couple of weeks old too.
  • How much are their doc fees?

Are you planning to buy a car in the next few days or weeks? When you are ready, you need to make an offer to BUY TODAY for $XXX.

There is a lot of good information on this forum on how to go about negotiating the best deal and not get screwed.
  • I checked the site's invoice price for the 2014 Honda Accord EX and it is $24,523. People are saying we can get about $500 off invoice price right now which makes the selling price $24,000. But I just priced the price promised on this website and a lot of dealers price promise is $23,315. That is about 1200 off invoice price. That price includes destination fee too. It is too good of a price to be true or is there just to much competition in Southern California that they have to sell it for that low? I did the math and it came out as

Price (including destination charge) $ 23,315.00
    Documentation fee(s) (not gov't. fee) $ 80.00
    Taxable Total: $ 23,395.00
    8.00% Sales tax $ 1,871.60
    Subtotal with taxes: $ 25,266.60
    Registration (title) and license fees† $ 250.00
    Additional Official fee: Tire Fee $ 37.75
    FINAL PRICE $ 25,554.35

Is this a good price for the 2014 Honda Accord now? I didn't ask about the flex cash but will discuss it with them. Even w/o flex cash it is a deal worth going for? Thank you for any inputs.