Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hiker10hiker10 Posts: 17
    edited December 2013
    Where are you in Southern California that tax is 8 percent? You should also know the out- the-door price because they can add things like accessories and extended warranties. I received a quote from Norm Reeves Honda Cerritos for the same car. 4 door CVT. 23309 with destination. $25986.77 with tax, lic, doc. They wrote doesn't include incentives if financing with Honda Financial. Also said they don't require purchase of accessories, extended warranties. I was interested in a lease but it seemed high. They sent a lease calculator starting with 1999 down. Similar to Honda's advertised lease. I wrote them back and said if the price of the vehicle is 23309, what is the monthly cost of the lease assuming I qualify for best credit and incentives. I got their name reading through this forum.
  • Brian, You hit the nail on the head. I also had another challenge - my other car died and that was a big driver in not shopping around more.

I think even Connecticut folks (where virtually everything costs more) can get below 25,500. Problem is, you can't really tell who is truthful on these sites (freakonomics 101 - what's the incentive?).

Oh, and the dealers troll edmunds like flies on [non-permissible content removed]...looking for leads.

That's the human condition.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,415
    edited December 2013
    usually if i'm buying a vehicle for someone here in the new york or the boarding 4 states near me i know what market prices bear. i see in other forums how people lie about pricing. By contacting several dealerships will help you find out what pricing is in your area. you guys need nobody but yourself to determine your area's market price..

always beware of posters who claim they got great deals but offer no info/ dealership/ contact info. use these boards with judgement and common sense and you will be fine.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• I live in Orange County. I got my quote from Norm Reeves in Huntington Beach.
    edited December 2013
    I have to drive 50 miles but that is the best quote I have received. I just wrote I couldn't get anything close to the Weymouth Honda lease. They are located in Boston. It is a calculator they have on their website. I am going in this weekend so I will see what happens. They are a volume dealer. Thanks to Brian for emphasizing it is the price of the car.
    edited December 2013
    Hiker
    Im not sure what price Weymouth honda is using on your vehicle. I would check to see how much below invoice Weymouth is calculating on your model and use there numbers to get a similar deal by you. There is always some more room to negotiate off Weymouths number.

If your volume dealer wont match Weymouth website lease walk out but before going tell that dealer they need to match or beat for the sale on that day. Most if not all high volume dealerships will match Weymouth Honda website lease .......... Especially in late Dec.

edited December 2013
    It's about the same price with the $500 flex cash. I don't want to make a conquest. I just want a straightforward transaction. No add-ons. I have never had to pay fees when turning a leased car in, so I don't want them to find something. I would think a salesperson would not want to haggle either after making an offer that I had accepted.I will bring a print-out of the Weymouth price just to have. Thank you for the advice. I will see what happens!
  • lil_owllil_owl So-CalPosts: 47
    null
    Have you checked out Spreen? Staysi in Internet sales offered me an EX for $22,624. I posted her quoted prices back in November and they were honored for another member. Give her a call.
    Good luck
    Florence
  • rossm1rossm1 Posts: 13

Anybody knows good dealership (for good price) in Massachusetts Looking for V6-EXL sedan Thanks

• bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Posts: 242
    edited December 2013

@rossm1

Try Honda Cars of Boston. They do not play games.

Have you reached out to any of the volume dealerships such as Herb Chambers or Boch Honda for pricing?

What happened to the spell check feature is it on this new format???

• glenglen Posts: 17
    edited December 2013

Most on here seem to buy higher end than LX. Well, I bought my wife a 2014 LX auto in white. Price was 20,400 + TTL. This was for 1/2 day of phone work. DW loves it. Good Price?

• yafeiyafei Posts: 3

I got an agreement with a dealership near Boston for $22,000 (after $500 rebate and $500 graduates rebate) for 2014 Accord 4-cyl EX with lifetime powertrain warranty. One time free oil change, no accessory. Is that a good deal?

• @yafei

Was the sale price of the car (including the $790 destination fee) $23,000?

You should provide a price breakdown by including the following information:

1. Sale price of the car including the destination fee (but excluding any incentives)
    2. Dealer documentation fees
    3. Incentives ($500 flex cash and $500 graduate cash)

Invoice price for that model is $24,288. Anything less than $1000 below invoice at this time of the year for a 2014 model is a good deal.

• yafeiyafei Posts: 3
    edited December 2013

@bluemkn57cars Thank you. The sale price for the 2014 Accord EX was $23,780 (including the $790 destination fee), $22,780 after incentives ($500 flex cash and $500 graduate cash). Then after negotiation, we had an agreement at final price of $22,000 (after all incentives) plus documentation fee (should be around $350) and tax (around $1500), and maybe another "non tax fee" ($125).

• @yafei

Before any incentives and doc fees, your deal is $1288 below invoice. That's not bad at all. Your doc fee is pretty high, though.

Is the non tax fee the title and registration fees?

Can you provide the name of the dealership?

• albert72albert72 Posts: 141

Any chance you can provide the name of the dealer?

@veers said: Well... I finally pulled the trigger for .... $26,950 on the 14 V6 EX-L (no nav). $1600 under invoice. Also got $1,650 worth of free accessories (wheel locks, splash guards, trunk tray, nitro tires, protection package - didn't even ask for these!). I think it was a fair deal. Dealer told me they are losing money on this and I may be responsible for the dealership closing (lol!). I think they still made $200-300 on the deal, plus it helps them hit the $3,000 bonus from Honda (which I was not aware of when buying the car). I ended up buying in N Va. after giving up on the NY/NJ/CT market - full of overpriced dealers who don't want to sell cars. Figure it cost me $200 or so to rent a car, drive down, and drive the new car up. Car is amazing and I am very happy with the purchase.

My advice to everyone is to reach out to as many dealers as possible and watch the prices come down as they get more desperate for your business. Just keep following up and negotiating down. You know you hit gold when the dealer tells you that they are losing money on the deal and have no idea why they are selling you the car, and that the dealership's own employees can't even get such a low price on the car. Name of the game is keeping their gross margin at the 1% level, because the difference goes into your pocket.

As far as the $3,000 bonus cash, not going to be easy to exploit. It's only on the first 20 cars above last December's sales. Many dealers will discount aggressively now and have surpassed that number by late in the month. You will need to find a dealer right on the cusp, and push them hard to split the $3k. Their accounting department may not play ball, as your deal will show up as a huge loss until they get the money from Honda. Good luck, and good hunting.

• I think that's a very good deal. The Connecticut market is just pricey (we subsidize the other markets in my opinion).

• Oh, I would pay $1,000 if Honda just removed the dumb Lane Departure Warning. This is the dumbest feature a manufacturer has added since asbestos baby wipes.

• (yes, I know it's a cinch to turn off...that's not what I'm talking about...30 engineers, wasted R&D, delivering a stupid feature we all pay as it's embedded in the price).