Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436

@glastonbury said: (yes, I know it's a cinch to turn off...that's not what I'm talking about...30 engineers, wasted R&D, delivering a stupid feature we all pay as it's embedded in the price).

Hard to follow this and your previous two posts - no indication of who you replied to

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,045
    edited December 2013

glastonbury,

I have to agree with you. I turned mine off the first day. This feature may work better if your driving on country roads but not city driving. The FCW sysyem is also a nice feauture but very basic needs to be improved. I think the outside camera on the passanger's mirior is honda's best feature.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

edited December 2013

The way they set up this new system its hard to follow who posters are responding to unless they mention your name. I have alot of people IM me. Its probably best to post the name of the person you are responding to. Hopefully Edmunds works out the kinks.

To all forum members in the Accord Forum,

Any problems and concerns that may better this new forum format has to be sent to edmunds via email there is a link. Please send them

• jpelljpell Posts: 3

Brian, What are your thoughts regarding a "target" price to "buy now" for a 2014 Accord Sport. This would include everything but TTL. Looking to use your recommended method on Dec 30/31st. I'm located in the suburbs of Philly with several Honda dealers in the area (JL Freed, Conicelli, Piazza). If the total price difference was more than $300 I would consider MD dealers as well. I know there was a lot of discussion earlier regarding the DEC $3000 dealer incentive, but haven't seen much lately regarding deals people have made. Anyway, thanks in advance.

• Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

edited December 2013

jpell,

Dealers are using that 3000 incentive to there discrretion..And only the dealership who have grow thru the year will take full advantage of this incentive..Here is what dealers will and are using that money on. Lowering auto sales, Marketing, Radio and Tv ad's. Helping to get more people financing etc. you will not see any dealer give more than a little taste of that money. We are seeing it now.

There are also other year end incentives dealerships are working to meet which will help lower pricing. Buying at the end of dec is the best time to buy any vehicle along with a key element.

Get as many dealerships involved as possible. shoot out a email to 40 dealerships internet manager next week from NJ? Philly /DE/ MD. with your target price to buy that moment. In your email ask each dealership what there doc fee charge is?/ do they have flex cash to give// Once you have that info you email back with your target price to buy. I like to send out all my emails at the same time. Why?/ If 2 Md dealers will sell at 1500 below i immediatley call my local dealerships to see if they will match or beat that moment for the sale.

One day do your homework with emailing dealerships with your questions next day send out your target price to buy emails.

Pricing in NY/NJ Philly/ DE area R within a couple of hunded dollars of each other. End of the month is when you will see pricing change.

If I was buying a honda this month my first order of business is to call dealerships in maryland via email and see if i could get that good price and have a dealership match closer to me.

I'm not in the hunt this month for a honda so here is what i could tell you as far as pricing..

Your target numbers should be.

Ny/Nj Philly/ DE 700 to 1000 below invoice is very do-able. Plus flex if dealer has to give..

MD pricing....1000 to 1800 plus flex and only with the right dealership at 1800 below invoice.

Remember

If you want 1800 below invoice and dealership x doc fee charge is 300 dollars your asking and target price at that dealership is 2100 below invoice.

NJ has high doc fee's..... add dealers doc fee's onto your asking price so its a wash on the bill of sale..

• txstxs Posts: 2

I was able to purchase a 2014 LX CVT for 19500 (including destination) and 21000 drive out. This includes the $500 financing incentive only.

I live in the Houston area but no dealer here was willing to go below 21,800 drive out. I got this in Corpus Christi.

With the invoice price at 21,650, I hope the experts here will confirm this to be a good deal.

edited December 2013

txs

great price 1650 below invoice plus you recieved the flex cash of 500. putting your deal at 2150 below invoice.... Minus your dealers doc fee charge... great deal. Post the name of your buying dealership.

Enjoy your new car you did very well.

• johnnguyen714johnnguyen714 Posts: 39
    edited December 2013

I checked the site's invoice price for the 2014 Honda Accord EX and it is $24,523. People are saying we can get about $500 off invoice price right now which makes the selling price $24,000. But I just priced the price promised on this website and a lot of dealers price promise is $23,315. That is about 1200 off invoice price. That price includes destination fee too. It is too good of a price to be true or is there just to much competition in Southern California that they have to sell it for that low? I did the math and it came out as

Price (including destination charge) $ 23,315.00 Documentation fee(s) (not gov't. fee) $ 80.00 Taxable Total: $ 23,395.00 8.00% Sales tax $ 1,871.60 Subtotal with taxes: $ 25,266.60 Registration (title) and license fees; $ 250.00 Additional Official fee: Tire Fee $ 37.75 FINAL PRICE $ 25,554.35

Is this a good price for the 2014 Honda Accord now? I didn't ask about the flex cash but will discuss it with them. Even w/o flex cash it is a deal worth going for? Thank you for any inputs.

• txstxs Posts: 2

Autonation Honda Corpus Christi.

My salesperson was Joe. It was a very smooth deal. Price was negotiated over the phone. I went in, filled out the paperwork, put the down payment and walked out with the car.

I was one of the lurkers on this board, reading all the posts for a couple of months. I thank all of you experts for the valuable advice that you shared. If it wasn't for your advice, I would not have got this price.

Once again - thank you all!!!!

edited December 2013

johnn714

Thats a very good price. what til month's end to get the very best pricing from all your targeted dealerships. Find dealerships with flex cash thats another 500 off bill of sale.

• lil_owllil_owl So-CalPosts: 47
    johnnguyen714

In case you didn't see my post with this new forum, Stayci with Spreen Honda offered me 22,624 for their EX including destination fee not including any incentives.

Florence

LIL

Not only is the weather fantastic in CA................. Pricing is very competitive

• Hi brian, I am looking for 2014 honda accord ex. So How much should i expect to pay before TTL, i live in minneapolis. doc fee here is 75$. i m going to buy by the year end. I did receive internet price qoute from few but all around 24350. which is the best dealer here to deal with. thank u.

edited December 2013

Tenisit,

I'm not sure what your area's market pricing is . Read my last couple of post on pricing in the North East. I set two price ranges you should fall into one or the other. get as many dealerships involved as far as your willing to travel. make your best deal closest to the end of the month.Your states doc fee's are not a factor so work on getting the lowest price.

This new web set up is terrible i cant give you a reference post number. please read prior posts and figure out a target price to buy. if you decide to choose the lower target price start at the higher end of it and work down from that number on the last 2 days, last day of this month for the sale.

• kat0kat0 Posts: 1

I see email is the way to go. Is it better to email directly to the dealer?

edited December 2013

kat0................yes directly to the internet manager with your target price to buy

• jpelljpell Posts: 3

Brian,

Thanks for reply above regarding End of Month pricing for Accord Sport. I've also been looking at the new Accord Hybrid model. Do you think its still too early to get invoice or below type pricing on those models??

Jpell

edited December 2013

That might be alot harder model to get below invoice price . If i was in the market for the hybrid model i would email and call the internet mgrs with a 500 below invoice offer to buy at months end plus flex cash if a dealer has to give.. Quick and simple.

paying invoice price plus a dealerships doc fee charge would be my bottom line price right now. ..