Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hps25hps25 Posts: 9

Hi Finis:

I will give you all details, just wait couple days. As I mention earlier in my earlier post, I learn all technique from the experts of this forum. You can read the same advice just above (read Brian125 comment)

Hi Experts,

Is Honda Accord EX-L comes with Anti-Theft device? Is it good to purchase from Dealer ? Please advice.

Thanks, HPS

• hps25hps25 Posts: 9

Brian you are doing wonderful job, you are one of the best teacher of so many new bee in New Car Market. keep it up..!!

• laandrewlaandrew Posts: 1
    edited December 2013

**hps25 ** I am in the market for Accord EX in LA area and would appreciate if you can give me more detail of your deal hunting. Sent you a private msg as well. If you dont like to share the information on the board.

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,408
    edited December 2013

hps.25,

Honda accord is at the top of most lists for vehicles being stolen. every year..

1994 Accord is listed as the number one car stolen. Has anyone got there's stolen???

The 2009 accord is also a very high risk to be stolen according to reports .

There is no alarm that could stop a professional thief from stealing your car. especially if he has time to do it.

In addition to the Accord alarm which has a engine immobilizer if the key is not detected........ There are ways to limited/ deter your vehicle from getting stolen.

Lojack

gas and engine cut off switches, Heat sensor and monitoring devices.. etc..

I tell folks in hear and we spoke about this months ago so i wont go into detail. IM me for further questions.

The best alarm is the Viper 5902...... Phython 911 also a very good buy with almost same features..

This alarm peared with the gas cut off switch is a monster alarm. VERY time consuming to steal. non pro's wont be able to steal with this system on your vehicle.. Your vehicle cant be towed or moved without being detected. The Viper has sensors that will alert your phone or computer if it detects any movement. These alarms are not like any alarms we had back in the day.

With vehicles new tech features if you cant find a true professional alarm installer ask your local honda dealership about installing it for you.

I have the viper on one of my high end vehicle. No problems great additional. alarm..

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• radar007radar007 OhioPosts: 15
    I'm looking at the 2013 Accord Sport. One is new and the other has 13,000 miles but is the color I want with better Michelin tires which makes the ride better. My question is what should be the best price to get the used one for or should I just get the new 2013 or maybe even the 2014 in the color I want? Internet quote for new 2014 21,000, 2013 was 20,139 and the used 2013 is at 19,800 currently. Thanks in advance.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,408
    edited December 2013

radar

If your looking for a good deal on a used 2013 accord i would wait til jan, 2014 to make a offer on that 13k mile accord. Here is a good target price for that model.

Take that models invoice price of $22,138. Minus 3500 hundred off that price after 1/1/2014.

18,638 is a good buying number for a 1yr old car with 13k. If money is not tight and you have to choose between a 2013 or 2014 new.. Its in your best interest to go for the 2014.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• naazimnaazim Posts: 17
    edited December 2013

Good morning guys,

So I emailed all the dealers in the area that had emailed me a price quote and this is what I've got back so far as a counter offer from one dealership here.

My email I send them went like this,

Hi, 

Thank you for your email. After much consideration and looking at all the OTD price quotes I've received with break down of each charge, I'd like to counter offer. If you are willing to accept my offer with no surprises once I show up to the dealership, I will buy and drive off in a 2014 Accord EX-L tomorrow Friday the 27th of December 2013.  So my offer is, $24,700 to include the cost of the car, destination charge, dealer doc fee, and the $339.00 in accessories (I don't want them and you can remove them). Tax, Title, and License would be paid separate from my offer price. I will also finance through AHF and you the dealer can keep the $500.00 in flex cash which is offered to customers financing with Honda. I'm very serious about buying and like I mentioned above, I will buy tomorrow if you agree to my offer. Please send me a VIN # to a White Honda Accord EX-L CVT that you currently have in stock. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon. 

"Naazim,

I do rgret to inform you that I must decline your kind offer. Here is a realistic bottom line drive out price. Please call should you have any questions.  

2014 Honda Accord EX-L MSRP STICKER  $   29,060.00

INVOICE COST  $ 26,650.00

INTERNET PRICE $24,560.00

DEST CHARGE $790.00

ACCESSORIES PAINT & FABRIC PROTECTION $299.00    

SUB TOTAL  $      25,649.00

STATE SALES TAX(+)  $             1,603.06    

DEALER DOCUMENTARY FEE(+)  $ 150.00     

VEHICLE INSP. FEE (+)  $ 39.50

LICENSE$ TITLE $ (+)  $ 99.55

DEALER'S INVENTORY TAX  $ 55.29

CASH BALANCE ON VEHICLE(=)  $ 27,596.40

MUST FINANCE WITH AHF / WAPC"

• veersveers Posts: 79

Naazim,

It's a good start, I would focus on the MD and northern VA dealers, as they are more likely to give you a great deal. Follow up by phone on the 30th, and try to get the internet manager on the phone (one level above the salesman), since he is the one who can actually approve the deal. Lot's of dealers will tell you that your price is impossible, but you just need to find the one who will give you the best price. I found the best prices at Criswell Honda (maryland), Hendrick Honda (virginia), Alexandria Honda (virginia), and Pohanka Honda (maryland). Brian had a list of good MD/PA dealers in an earlier post, I would definitely hit up all of them, and follow up by phone on the 30th/31st.

Good Luck!

• Hi, I'm likely planning to purchase an Accord EX-L V6 before year end and can use a little help. I am having a hard time following the forum threads and apologize for asking for information that probably is here in some form. I am in NY in the lower Hudson Valley. I was going to begin contacting dealers today, but am at a bit of a loss as to how best to do this. Should I just contact them through their websites and try to get a price? Am I better off calling by telephone? And finally, how much time do i need allow so the transaction can be completed in the next few days?

Again, apologies for these basic questions, but I haven't purchased a car for about 12 years and the last time, after coming up with what I thought was a reasonable price based on my research and some failed negotiations at dealers, I just called a dealership in New Jersey, told them what I was willing to pay and eventually got a call back telling me they would agree to the price and come pick it up :-). It would be great not to have to go into a dealership to negotiate.

Many thanks.

• ctr123ctr123 Posts: 7
    edited December 2013

hi experts, i am newbie here. i am planning to buy 2014 accord lx. below is a quote i got in ca from a dealer. could you plz guide me on how much further I can reduce the price for. The quote I got from other dealers are in this range with +/-100 in this price. I see flex cash is not applied here, i read only selective dealers apply that. any other useful input will be helpful.

Vehicle Price:  $23,545.00   
    Market Savings:     -  $3,046.96     
    Vehicle Selling Price:  $20,498.04   
    Sales Tax:  + $1,854.64      
    Registration Fees: + $203.00     
    Flat Add/County Fee, Electronic Filing, Smog Fee: + $69.00   
    Documentation Fee:  +   $80.00   
    Balance Due (estimate):         $22,713.43

• Hi Experts,

I am planning to buy 2014 Honda Accord Sedan without Navigation White Color in next 1-2 day. Can you please suggest what is the best "OUT OF THE DOOR" price for this car in Charlotte North Carolina. Also is this good time to buy or should i wait for January ? Is this good idea to get all accessories from Dealer or getting from outside. Some dealer say that the car is having accessories of 2500$ which i don't believe.

Thanks in advance.

@veers, I'm actually out in Texas, so having the car shipped to me would be an added expense. So even if I was to find a deal that's maybe $500 more here compared to up north, I'd rather just deal locally. I really appreciate the help and advise you and Brian are giving newbies like me. Thank you! :)

• Hi Experts,

I am planning to buy 2014 Honda Accord Sedan without Navigation White Color in next 1-2 day. Can you please suggest what is the best "OUT OF THE DOOR" price for this car in Charlotte North Carolina. Also is this good time to buy or should i wait for January ? Is this good idea to get all accessories from Dealer or getting from outside. Some dealer say that the car is having accessories of 2500$ which i don't believe.

Thanks in advance

• veersveers Posts: 79

@naazin, oh in that case try autonation in corpus christi, they might give you a good deal.

• what should be the best price to ask for including everything.(out of the door) ?

• lil_owllil_owl So-CalPosts: 47
    @laandrew @gfunk80 @johnnguyen714

Just wanted to give you guys a tip. I created a truecar profile (using a different name) and got multiple quotes by changing my user profile zip code. Some of these quotes were slightly less than Spreen. Might be able to use these numbers when you negotiate.
  • glenglen Posts: 17

CTR123,

I paid $20,400 for same vehicle (CVT) , however the Doc fee was $50, Title & License was $230, tire fee was $18.75. WATCH THE FINANCING, My financing was 1.49% with a $200 back for using credit union.

Received email from one of the dealers who quoted me, Anderson Honda with 2014 Accord CVT for 20,388. They are in Palo Alto.

• tt34tt34 Posts: 2

Did any one buy 2014 Honda Accord LX in Seattle, WA area recently? How much the base price and OTD price? How much the new car sale tax rate? Which dealer do you buy the car from? Thanks!

edited December 2013

@veers said: naazin, oh in that case try autonation in corpus christi, they might give you a good deal.

Thanks, Ive gone ahead and contacted them requesting a price quote. Let's see what they say. Fingers crossed.

• With all these OTD prices, is lease never a good idea? How does one convert a good OTD price to a good lease deal?