Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,020

carbuyer and lil,,

contact both dealers with and without your vehicle. Your working on getting the lowest price.

lil....if a dealer gives you a price you will accept finance the car thru him and pay off the honda loan next month when the bill comes. with you CU loan.. your interest is minamal at 1.9%.

If you finance the car thru any dealer ask then for some free bee's like

Oil changes or car washes when you return

free addded accessories

Paper pin stripe etc..

Make it work for you..

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• lil_owllil_owl So-CalPosts: 47
    edited December 2013
    @brian125

I am unable to finance through the dealer.
  • I just bought a 2014 Accord EXL V6 sedan, no nav from Pohanka Honda in Salisbury MD this morning. 26,750 including 500 flex cash, 200 processing, 790 destination. Total drive out including Virginia TTL was 27,942. They threw in wheel locks. I figure the car price is about 1,800 below invoice+destination. By following the techniques listed on this forum over the past 3 months, the process was relatively painless. It was difficult to identify internet sales managers, so I just requested quotes thru dealership websites. Contacted about 30 dealers in southeast Virginia, Richmond, northern Virginia/Maryland, Raleigh/Durham NC, and Atlanta GA areas. Ended up with 4 Maryland dealers matching the same 26,740 price, and I picked the one that was closest and seemed the most interested in making the deal. I had several dealers tell me the price was too good to be true and they could not come close. Special thanks to all the posters and readers on this forum.

Vabeach

great job.. For future car buying what i do is take the time and call each dealersip ahead of time for name /number and email of internet manager. Now you have the option to email him a few days earlier to break the ice and tell him what your looking for and what price you are willing to pay.. or just shoot out calls and emails last 2days, last day of the month..

When your in the market for a new vehicle its very important to make yourself avail.. the last days of that month.

As we get closer to the 31th of dec you will see pricing like Vabeach recieved..

• I certainly hope they start making some deals I had what I thought was an aggressive but within reason otd price of 27000-27500 for a exl but area dealers are not budging. Their best price they're coming back with is 29000 wtf? No one is going to win at this rate. They won't make the sale and I am not going to get a new car. We will see how it goes on mon tues.

@brian125 said: Vabeach

As we get closer to the 31th of dec you will see pricing like Vabeach recieved..

• @brian125

I tried to call one or two dealerships to ask for the internet manager (as you had recommended in earlier posts), but ended up routed to a boiler room or internet underling, so I just gave up and clicked "request quote" on the dealer websites. Another downside of my method is that I definitely ran into several internet salespeople who were either unresponsive or took several days to respond. Some of that may have been due to Christmas vacation.

I have to work next week, so I targeted this weekend instead of the 30th/31st. For what it's worth, I didn't get the sense that salespeople were hungry for sales right now. I can confidently say that prices in southeastern Virginia are terrible i.e. at least 2,000 over Maryland prices, and they will not drop their prices. Most dealers still had flex cash.

• veersveers Posts: 79

Great deal vabeach.... You beat my price of $26,930. Your price of $26,750 is $1,800 under the $28,543 invoice price, that is a fantastic deal on a 2014.

Everyone, best bet is to get phone contact with a lot of internet managers on the 30th/31st. Make it clear you will buy today for $1800 under invoice, and tell them to call you when they can make the deal. It only takes one dealer who really needs a sale.

• Just bought a 2014 Accord EX-L (no nav, CVT). Price including destination of $790 came to $25,100. I think this is a decent deal.

• lil_owllil_owl So-CalPosts: 47
    @pacarbuyer3

I think that is a pretty good deal. Congrats!
  • PAcarbuyer3 Ive been looking in PA and MD and the best OTD cost I've received is $26,166 of the same CVT AccordEXL. Who were you able to agree to the $25,100 or was that the price before Tax Tags and Title?

• That is the price before tax, tags, etc

edited December 2013

veers

and forum members

You're not going to get that kind of pricing in a lot of states.. 1800 below.. You could ask and re-adjust that number...... but if I ask for that price here in NY, NJ, CT, DE, PA. MA. RI, IL, OH, most dealers will let me hang up on them If you live or are willing to travel to VA you may recieve a similar price or get close to that number in MD or CA. Know your area's market; that's how you play the game and work your lowest deal. I guarantee you guys throwing out a 1800 below invoice number in the states I mentioned. will get you nowhere.

If you're not a good negotiator and have no clue how to work your emails and calls to the managers, you will not get this kind of pricing.

Ive been slaying dealers for over forty years across this country in pricing, piting one dealer against the next playing mind games, etc. My advice is Use common sense. Use this board to see your area's pricing and surrounding states to figure out your target price.

A good target price of 800 to 1500 below invoice PLUS INCENTIVES is the norm here in most states after adding the dealerships doc fee charge onto your asking price. Edmunds and educated buyers are the ones getting this price. Not the general public or uneducated buyer . Don't get fooled into thinking that if you ask for 1800 below you will get it.

• Vabeach got a great price. Congrats and enjoy your new car! But isn't his price within the guidelines Brian suggests as more typical? Vabeach said the price was $26,750 including $500 flex, etc., so isn't the price $1300 under invoice plus the incentive after adding the doc fee, so if a dealership didn't have flex cash the target would have been $27,250? Just trying to see if I'm missing something.

• naazimnaazim Posts: 13

Houston market for Hondas is a tough one. I feel like my deal is okay as I couldnt wait till 30/31st. This back and forth with dealers and getting no where was annoying the hell out of me. So I pulled the trigger and came home with a 2014 EX-L CVT for $27,500 OTD. The dealers in my area that I contacted, run out of flex cash, so that was out of the picture. I also got them to throw in window tint, trunk mat, wheel locks, and splash guards, I got these accessories for free, since I refused to pay for them and they were already on the car. I don't know if it was factored in on the dealers end but I didn't pay for them according to the price breakdown sheet. I'll post a complete break down of all the fees and everything later as I'm exhausted and my head is killing me.

• Brian, Wonderful advice for us that are uneducated. I buy a car once every 10 years or so. I read the entire forum for 2013-2014 and gleaned what I could from your and other posts. It was my mistake getting caught up in the hype during the "Super Bowl" of car buying. Thanks for your help :/

carbuyer, $1800 below with flex, or $1300 below before the flex is a great price. It's very tough to get that on the east coast. The best I could get in NY/NJ was $27,500 after flex, which is about $550 below invoice before flex, or $1050 below invoice after flex. To beat that you need the right market (MD, VA, or the right deal in CT), a lot of legwork, and a bit of luck.

• Veers, thanks for that info. I am in precisely that market, so that information is very helpful for me. I would be thrilled with the deal vabeach got, but I'm not really inclined to go to MD to pick up a car, so I guess I will have to set my expectations a bit lower. So far I haven't even been able to get dealers to tell me if they have flex available. They just ignore the question.

carbuyer, I would try Huntington Honda. They won't quote you a price, but if you e-mail them a reasonable offer on the 30th, there is a good chance they will take it.

• ATNN: @vabeach3

@vabeach3 said: I just bought a 2014 Accord EXL V6 sedan, no nav from Pohanka Honda in Salisbury MD this morning. 26,750 including 500 flex cash, 200 processing, 790 destination. Total drive out including Virginia TTL was 27,942. They threw in wheel locks. I figure the car price is about 1,800 below invoice+destination. By following the techniques listed on this forum over the past 3 months, the process was relatively painless. It was difficult to identify internet sales managers, so I just requested quotes thru dealership websites. Contacted about 30 dealers in southeast Virginia, Richmond, northern Virginia/Maryland, Raleigh/Durham NC, and Atlanta GA areas. Ended up with 4 Maryland dealers matching the same 26,740 price, and I picked the one that was closest and seemed the most interested in making the deal. I had several dealers tell me the price was too good to be true and they could not come close. Special thanks to all the posters and readers on this forum.

Hey, neighbor! NC, here!! Can you please share how far off the quotes were from each of the dealers in Raleigh, Cary and/or Durham, NC from the price you paid in MD? Please let me know either on the forum or via inbox. Thank you! (PS: There is no such place as Raleigh/Durham, NC)

• @brian125 said: flatfeet

Your looking at 3400 below invoice. probably not be obtainable. dealers may go up to to 3k below invoice with a incentive plus taxes, tags , and doc fee charge. You want tax included in that 15k deal never never gonna happen..... Your 15k cash means nothing to them. dealers get paid whether you buy or finance the vehicle. If a dealer has many 2013 civic's on his lot you stand a better chance of getting a lower price..... with just a couple of civic's on dealers lots means pricing wont be as good.. Supply and demand.. Your best bet is to buy that 2013 model next year jan,2014. Now your buying a 1 year old model vehicle ................... your 3400 offer might be entertained.

Thanks for the input @brian125! I was hoping since Honda Corp was offering $3K incentives to their dealers this month, a $3400 below invoice price held a small window of chance to be accepted. Most dealers have plenty 13's Civics on their website with the exception of 1 smaller stealership that has 4. I considered Accords until learning they had CVT's. I wish Honda hadn't veered into the CVT tranny land. I put 1240 miles on a rented '13 Altima with CVT and that thing drove me crazy....especially going down steep hills. I really appreciate your help, Brian!