Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,023
    Have you looked at the Edmund's used car pricing for that model?

Check it out here!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• rhuarhua Posts: 5
    Just bought a new Accord EX-V6 coupe this weekend for $22,000 (versus the invoice of $22,774).. The out the door price was under $24,000.. Amazing price.. Its a good time to buy if you're willing to take a '01 while the '02's are coming out... From what i hear its essentially the same car..
  • erik713erik713 Posts: 14
    Congrats! Great price! Enjoy your car!

e.
  • Going to look at a 1997 SE Accord (4 door), original owner, 65 k miles. I'm in the DC area and she wants $11,750, which seems ballpark to lower scale according to Edmund's, depending on the condition. Any advice out there from you pros??????
  • erik713erik713 Posts: 14
    No pro here, but I say go for it. If Edmunds said it's good, and you think it's good, do it. The pros are Edmunds :)
  • napa5napa5 Posts: 1
    Looking for advice on the price of a leftover 2001 EX V4 automatic with leather. Dealer quoted me $21,500 right from the start. Car is brand new with 8 miles. This is not a "no haggle" dealership so I still have room to negotiate. From what I've read this seems like a low price. The sticker was $23750.00 The dealership is in Boston. Is this still too much to pay for a 2001 or am I getting a great deal.
  • dcfelladcfella Posts: 31
    i paid only a 1000 more for the 2001 ex v6..i think you can do alot better than 21,500
  • pvillapvilla Posts: 12
    Hi,I enjoy reading these forums,This time I need a
    little help deciding. I saw a 98LX Accord sedan,w/15,544K 5spd i'm thinking about buying.The asking price is 17995,which i find ridiculous.Edmunds TMV has this car @ 13677.00 and from what I see the car usually goes between
    $13800-16000K . Are used car prices usually this inflated?? What would be an ideal price? The exterior is beautiful,the only xtra options are alarm and leather?please advise,thanks folks....
  • zhenyazhenya Posts: 12
    HI, folks there is a quick annoncement.

A brand new froum opened up especially for Honda Accrod owners 1994 - 1997 all trims all bodys. Mostly this forum is made to share everything that owners of those years Accords have so please, post don't be shy.

Thank you.

Looking forward to hear from all of you.
  • ziggy21ziggy21 Posts: 13
    I recently bought a 2001 honda Accord EX V6 /leather for 22800 plus dest doc etc. Is this a good deal?
  • I bought a new 2002 LX/MT at College Park Honda (Wash. D.C. area) last Thursday. The OTR (on-the-road) price was $19,325 with splash guards, floor mats, wheel locks and pinstripe. Also they included 3 year free oil changes. This translates in about $17,300 for the car (without destination). I negotiated with very nice salespeople - Amal and Ryan. This Monday an internet salesperson from Jim Coleman Honda contacted me (in 3 business days after I sent a request to StoneAge) with 17,220 for the same car + dealer installed options.
  • Honda has dropped rent Charge (money factor) from .0027 to .00152 on 2002 Accord leases. Got a quote in August on 2001 EXV6 and just leased a 2002 EXV6 . Saved around $ 60 monthly on a 36/12,000 lease by waiting. $ 343 monthly with $ 0 down ain't bad, you think?
  • I'm in the market for a 2001 Honda Accord LX 4-cyn. I live in CA, in Orange County. How much do you think is a reasonable price to pay out the door with EVERYTHING (tax, licensing, reg.) included. I don't want to pay more than $19,500. Will dealerships think I'm crazy? I am buying an end of the year car....please advice.

Thanks!
  • I bought a 2002 Accord LX for $72 over invoice in Oklahoma.
    I hear that California dealers are a little bit tougher to deal with.
    Edmunds shows invoice at $17878 for a 2001 LX-4dr-Auto.
    Chances are, a 2001 may have been on the lot for several months.
    Obviously you'll take a hit on depreciation right away,
    since the car is last year's model.
    I'm pretty sure I could have offered $500 - $700 under invoice
    for the 2001 on my dealer's lot and got it.
    I would suggest that you start the bidding in that neighborhood.
    Tag and tax costs are fixed, but when you get it financed,
    the dealer can mess with the figures
    and you won't know HOW much you are actually paying
    for the car --- only the payment...
    Perhaps it would be better if you negotiated the car price
    BEFORE tag and tax, then have them re-figure
    AFTER tag and tax are added.
    GET IT IN WRITING, in any event !
    If you don't like the deal, walk away !
    I did on the first number they gave me.
    They called me back 2-days later with a better offer...
    Remember, the economy is in a slump and the dealers
    will likely be more willing to negotiate than usual...

Best wishes for a good deal !
  • feydfeyd Posts: 2
    i paid 19207 for a 2002 accord SE with 2 yrs oil changes. how much did i overpay? it was like 21800 out the door.
  • bolivarbolivar Posts: 2,316
    Local dealer has SE's at $19,555. This includes Destination charge.

feyd, does your $19,207 include destination? If so, that would be about invoice. If not, then I think destination is $440, so it would be $19,647 compared to the local dealers $19,555. He says his prices are $316 over invoice.

Why do any of you people quote Out-The-Door (OTD) prices? Taxes and fees and license charges are different in every state, and this is a nationally read discussion area. OTD numbers just confuse the issue of price.
  • feydfeyd Posts: 2
    Actually i paid 19507 ples the dest charge. i also got 9500 trade in on a 2000 corolla CE. i think i couldve gotten a better deal, but it was late (12:30 am) and my wife and kids were with me. I wouldnt recommend this dealer- they dont give the best prices, even if you are moderately informed.
  • We bought our 2001 Accord LX 4cyl automatic sedan in Sept 2001 for $16,988 before tax, registration, and other fees. The out the door price was around $18,500. We were at the dealership (Internet dept) for only 2 hours. No hassling, dealer, or headaches.

We bought the Honda Extra Care for $1800 which will be paid over 12 months. If we don't use the Extra Care when it expires, we get 100% of the $1800 back. I'm looking forward to getting $1800 back in 6 years or 100,000 miles.

I was upset that the car didn't even have floor mats. So I bought floor mats and mud guards from www.hondaacuraworld.com (tell them Oliver referred you, I shop there for our Integra too). After that, I bought an aftermarket alarm with remote trunk opener and tinted all the windows.

We plan on keeping this car for 20 years, so getting all the accessories now will be worth it in the long run.
  • Hello all - last time I was on town hall was in 1999 when I was buying an 00 odyssey. I am now planning to upgrade our second car from a 98 civic to a new accord (EX V6) . Any differences between 01 and 02 model (other than the dealer cost being $430 higher). I don't believe there is any difference. Autobytel quoted me $500 over dealer cost for an 02. Any thoughts on what I could expect to pay for an 01. I live on Long island. Thanks for your help.
  • Test drove the 2002 V6 EX today. Dealer quoted me $23,605 ($400 over his cost of 23,205). Does anyone think I can beat this?
  • sam775sam775 Posts: 22
    Hello all. Just wanted to say I brought a 2002 Accord VP for 15,775 from College Park Honda. Just north of U of M in College Park, Maryland. Best car buying experience I've had yet.
  • your new Honda! Makes it a pleasure when buying the car is of little hassle!
  • Hi all,
    We are looking at buying a 2001 EX. Are there any good dealerships in the SF Bay Area? We have had previous bad experience with Mitsubishi dealers and this is our first car purchase so we are a little nervous...

Also, looks like everyone is paying close to invoice so this may be a silly question, but..
    Do you think it would be cheaper to purchase outside the Bay Area, like Bakersfield or out of state like Oklahoma?

This is my first post, so please be gentle :)
  • We puchased the '02 EX-6cyl 3 weeks ago for $21,998 + $423 dealer prep., no other fees besides tax. It was a steal, we got the "teaser" car in the Sunday ad, you know the one that always seems to have been just sold before you get there.....
    I was very happy to see it was $2k below Edmunds TMV and we didn't even have to haggle.
  • I paid $20800 ($290 over invoice). That was the final price. My breakup was as follows:

Base Price $20800
    Mud Guards $ 100
    Window Etching$ 150 (I bought as additional ins)
    Tax+Title $ 1350
    --------------------
    Total $24500

Is this a good price?
  • I have a 97 Honda Accord LX, which was a Honda Certified Used Car. I get some kind of howling noise from the car whenever I drive up the climb, or whenever it reaches 40 MPH.

Showed it to the dealer, and he sways that it is a problem with the 97 model. Have anyone of you have had similar experiences with your 97 Accord. Please Advice.
  • I asked the service people. they said its been taken care of.

I have no experience in waxing a car. Which wax is good for the accord? Any "never" when waxing?

Thanks
  • flsfls Posts: 1
    We bought our 2002 Accord LX 4cyl automatic sedan 1-7-02 in TN for $19000 before tax, registration, and other fees. Did we overpay?
    You wanna know about waxing? Head on over to the Maintenance & Repair Board. You will find several discussions on the fine art of waxing and polishing.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Check it through Edmunds.com TMV to see how you did.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs