Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• msisengmsiseng Member Posts: 369
    That's $24,287 with $387 in dealer fees you mentioned in another posting. For the V6 with Navi, dealers are asking $26,000 this week - approx. $215 under a few weeks ago. That's $1,713 more for the V6 vs. the V4.

Do not pay the fees, buy the V4 and save $2,100 over the V6. Tell them the fee is a "deal breaker" and do not fall in love with the car. Plenty of dealers will waive the fee and give you the same price. Can you go to Connecticut or New Hampshire to get the car?

The salesperson may say, "it is hard to find any unit with navigation." Just say thanks but no thanks and hang-up the phone (make sure they have your number to call you back). There are plenty of Accords with navigation so do not believe them. The end of the month is not for 13 days so be patient and use the $387 for gas money.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    never go to the dealer speaking of a "V4" because they may take you for a financial ride. All four cylinders are "inline-fours" , noted by "I-4". Just be aware! :)
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    Evidently not. ;)

Maybe you should go back to the dealer and take a look at other silver cars and see if they look the same.
  • msisengmsiseng Member Posts: 369
    Not sure how they would take me for a financial ride using the incorrect lingo? You are correct in the use of terms. Most of the "over 35" crowd including me still calls them "V4." I had the first Civic EX VTEC engine in 1993 so I should know better. Before that had the 1986 Accord Coupe that went 205K miles without a major issue.

In the 80s we had to negotiate without Internet prices using a blue book from the credit union or bank where we financed the loan. Those were the days where they tried to sell the rust proofing and paint protectant that came factory standard.
  • mickjazzmickjazz Member Posts: 21
    hi jutz2k

looking for a vp auto myself. best i have found so far west coast is 17,500 incl dest but not ttl.

do you mind divulging the dealer if it's allowed on these forums. not the salesman name.

thx much

mike in utah
    Maybe I'm a little overzealous about that, but here's why I say that:
    They are liable to think that you don't know what you are talking about car-wise, and not take you seriously. That's all. My mom just calls them "four cylinders or six-cylinders", since all/some are inline engines. She lives with two car nuts though, so she's learned. Funny thing, actually, my mom won at a game of "battle of the sexes" with her sunday school class because she knew that "DOHC" stood for Dual Overhead Cam. She's cool in my book just for knowing that. (She'll be 50 this year).
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,945
    yeah, but, honestly, there are PLENTY of salespeople out there who don't know V4 is incorrect, either, so it would go right over their heads.

Granted, "V4" when you mean I4 is a personal pet peeve of mine, but its a widespread mistake.

Oh, and, "All four cylinders are 'inline-fours' , noted by 'I-4'." isn't technically correct, either, but maybe you knew that and just meant "all accord 4-cylinders." :)

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

I didn't mean just accord, but basically any 4-cylinder that will be talked about here (save for the Subaru Boxer engine). I forgot I was in the Accord only forum, I was thinking I was in the Accord v. Camry page...Oops.
    right. as long as we stay away from motorcycles and old suzuki samurais, we'll be ok. ;)

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• shufflesshuffles Member Posts: 50
    Edmunds gives an invoice for that 4cyl auto of $18,749. Are you stating that you got the car for $800 under invoice? I am getting ready to buy another (my wife has a 2003)in the near future. I would rather not wait till the end of summer, but will if that is what it takes to get a great price. I usually keep a vehicle ten years, so it doesn't make much difference for me between a 2006 or a 2007.
    :)
  • tinatinatinatina Member Posts: 388
    That sounds like a very good price that noxcuses paid for the LX 4 auto. If I recall correctly, I think Honda had factory to dealer incentives on these vehicles beginning in May of the past two years. I wonder if it will commence this May.
    I have been getting quotes today that are a couple hundred bucks or so above invoice. Have any of you been getting Accords below invoice? It looks like at these prices the Accord is very little more expensive than the Civic. The Accord is much the superior vehicle. I have been driving my wife's 2003 LX on and off since January 2003.
    :shades:
    Oh yes, Tina, since I can wait, maybe I will. As we get closer to the new model year, the dealers should become more flexible. If I could get noxcuses price I would buy tomorrow. ;)
  • tinatinatinatina Member Posts: 388
    You can always try the end of the month, say the Friday or Saturday before the end of this month.

I was just "guessing" about the factory to dealer incentives in May, but if my memory has not failed, they commenced either in April or May of the past two years.

Good luck and if you buy please post.
  • accordexvaccordexv Member Posts: 4
    Ive been a lurker here for about a week and decided to register just so I can thank you guys for all the help you have given me. I am in Houston, and I just purchased a brand new Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 Black on Black Leather interior.

I got an amazing price, lower than I've seen anywhere in the forum...

Selling price $24,000
    Sale Tax $1,500
    Inventory tax $64.61
    Title, License, Inspection (2year) $130.55
    Document fee $50
    Drive out price $25,745.16

The dealer even included tint and pinstripe at no extra charge! This was $1200 below invoice. No other dealers in the area could even touch the price.

I was very very happy with this deal.
    Dealer gave me no hassle, and was very honest.

Thanks guys!
  • smileygsmileyg Member Posts: 5
    Which dealer did you buy it from in Houston. I am in Austin and thinking of going to Houston for the purchase
  • accordexvaccordexv Member Posts: 4
    This was Sterling McCall in Kingwood. Good Luck!
  • lpaeslpaes Member Posts: 17
    We bought a Honda Accord 2006 Auto LX SE for $19300 incl. destination . Taxes and DMV extra in Northern CA.

Dealer quoted $18750 for the LX .. but we opted for the SE
    as that has better value.
    Had to do this in a hurry after our 93 Accord started giving us issues ...
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    details details!
    How many miles does your 1993 have? What kind of serious issues? I ask because I have a 1996 that has 160k miles, and i hope it will continue for me for awhile!
  • rookie06rookie06 Member Posts: 5
    I'm already going for the 4cyl EX-L with navi but i would like a better description of how to knock off or drastically reduce the $300 dealership fees!!!

By what i've seen so far...$23,900 for a 4cyl silver with black leather interior 06 Accord EX-L with navi seems a pretty good deal but now i want to know how to tell the salesperson that i want the $300 dealership fee knocked off or reduced!! They probably wouldnt knock it off but i wanna save as much as i can!!

Thanks
    Oil spills, battery replacement ... gave us radiator problems a couple of yrs ago - have spent a lot of $$ on this one in the past couple of yrs
    Oh, yikes...Good luck on the new one!
  • wagnerpewagnerpe Member Posts: 21
    I'm getting quotes for a 2006 VP Accord. I definitely want to get the Music Link for i-Pod. Honda.com lists the "cost" of the link as $214 (w/o installation) and the dealer says with installation, the cost is $450.

What is a reasonable price to pay for this accessory.
  • 06vp06vp Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

don't know it it's too late...that's definitely way too much for a VP model. I purchased mine for $17,700 OTD (with all taxes, fees, and yes it is A/T).

If you can manage to get it around $18,000, you've done good.

good Luck!
    That sounds like another excellent price - I figure it to be about $600 under invoice. How did you buy - internet or on site?
    I certainly hope you are adding more speakers through the aftermarket, b/c spending $400 on the iPod link for a 2 speaker stereo doesn't seem practical.
  • rbell2rbell2 Member Posts: 180
    What do you mean, Yikes??? How many 1993's of any model are even running on the road today? Many have had issues that can't be justified to fix. It is fairly amazing where the practical longevity of some cars (mostly Japanese designed) have come over the years.

The 2006 Honda models will even beat that - but we'll have to wait a while to know. :)
  • lilengineerboylilengineerboy Member Posts: 4,116
    I will let you know when I replace my '93 EX. Its only got 120k on it, so it should be another year or two. That means I only have a year to decide what to get to replace it:P So far, everything but the distributor and the clutch cyclinders was handled in my garage, which keeps repair costs in check.
    On site - negotiated on phone before we got there though
  • noxcusesnoxcuses Member Posts: 16
    Yes, that is correct. $800 under invoice!
    I did alot of research on pricing, PLUS this board..thank you...so I knew what their bottom line price was and what I was willing to go up to.

It probably didn't hurt that I just bought a Pilot from them 15 months ago and got a great price on that one too! :shades:
  • mickjazzmickjazz Member Posts: 21
    hi

do you mind naming your dealer?

thanks much!

mike
    rbell2, I have a '91 Mitzi Mighty Max and have had almost no problems. The way it is going, it should be good for at least another ten years. With its 21 mpg, I am probably crazy for planning to replace it with an Accord.
    :confuse:
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Haven't purchased the vehicle yet, dealers I have spoken with in San Antonio and Austin tell me they have short supplies on the VP model and as a result the market prices up the prices here. Must admit If I could deal an out the door price of 17,700.00 like you did I'd purchase the vehicle. Out of curiosity where did you purchase your Accord at? Would welcome any responses from people who have bought their Accord's from the San Antonio/Austin/Corpus Christi area's and the detail's of deal.
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    If that's an auto, that's a great price. The high dealership fee is probably their way of getting the money back from you. You are really paying 24,200 for the car, which is still very good. It's even good for a manual.
  • sbabusbabu Member Posts: 9
    Have been a little late in updating the forum with the news.
    Finally, after a couple of months going back and forth between the 07 camry & 06 Accord, we bought the EX-L 4cyl AT w/Navi Accord for an OTD price of $26,500. Got few extras like floor mat,pinstripe,edge guards,trunk tray,1st oil service free & a car care kit(wax,shampoo,etc) also with the purchase..
    Very happy with the purchase.. This being our first new car purchase ever, we were not sure about the whole negotiation process.. Thanks to this forum, we knew what price to pay for the car. Thanks a lot and good luck to all !!
    Yikes if that's what's to come for me. I'm working through college, and don't have a bunch of $ to spend, like he said he had. I guess I'll need to sell it and keep driving my 06. It'll be sad to see the 96 go, because I learned to drive in that car (back when it had a lowly 115,000 miles on it!
  • mngatormngator Member Posts: 5
    you may want to take a second look at the Honda Music Link. People do not have good experience with it. I cancelled mine.

Here is the link for review.

http://www.nuxx.net/hondamusiclink.html

Here is an alternative.

http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?s=8213e96ac0c9d3a1a7303c2bf93bbedf&showtopi- c=12394&st=0
  • mikesidmikesid Member Posts: 29
    wagnerpe,

Please DO NOT get the music link. As was mentioned it isnt very good. The site posted by mngator is where i went to to get the option i am going with

You have two MUCH BETTER options:

1. Go to mp3yourcar.com and get the Neo iOn or Neo iOnAUX.
    2. Do a search for USA SPEC PA11-HON2. Supposedly this is the EXACT same thing as the Neo iOn/iOnAUX but much cheaper.

a Few guys on the link i posted by mngator did it themselves and said that it was pretty easy. I actually ordered the USA Spec PA11-HON2 and i am waiting for it to arrive and i am going to do the install myself. You will see some posts from me as well (Honda Nut)

they said the sound quality is great and you dont lose any iPod features. with the Music Link you can only play music from your playlists.

Hope this helps.
    Wow - thanks so much. I'll definitely skip the Music Link.
  • racingjayracingjay Member Posts: 19
    With gas approaching an all-time high, I have an opportunity to grab what I think is a great deal on a used Accord, and wanted to kick it around with the experts.

The good: I have a deal worked on a 03 Accord EX 2dr, 37k, purchasing at $15,8 real money. The car's clean, and looks to be a pretty good deal.

The bad: I am trading an 04 Trailblazer with 50k, that I have a large chunk of negative equity ($7k).

The ugly: I have to roll this amount. My bank will do the loan rolling the $7k into Accord. Or, I can hang tight.

Do you think this is a good deal on the Accord, any thoughts? Also, you were in my shoes, would you rather be carrying the $7k in a 04 Trailblazer with 50k, or the 03 Accord with 37k. Either way, I know I'm not in the best of positions.
    You fail to mention if the Accord is a V-6 or I-4,and Auto or Manual...That will be a big tell on the price.

Assuming its an EX I-4 Auto Coupe (w/o Leather), the suggested retail price through Kelley Blue Book is $18,800.

An EX-V6 Auto SRP is $20,540. (For my Birmingham, AL zip code). Sounds like a good deal to me.
    How long will you have to drive the Accord to recoup the negative equity in gas savings?

By the way, that's pretty much a rhetorical question.

Oh, and, thegraduate, Galves trade-in value of an '03 EX 4-cyl sedan is just north of $14k.

I believe I've got an internet offer of $16875 including destination, exclusive of TTL. I "think" based upon reading these forums that this is a good price.

My real question is, do you think the dealer would give me a bigger discount if I bought 2? We're in the market to replace a "not aging with grace" 1999 Camry, but we also have a 1999 Civic that while aging much more gracefully, is not getting any younger.

I don't want to ask the dealer because I need to discuss it with my wife, but I'd like to be armed in my conversation with her. So everyone, how much more should come off the base price for a two-car deal (if any)?
  • macthor2macthor2 Member Posts: 11
    Can you please tell me which place you get your quote from? I live in the northern suburb of Chicago and am ready to buy a Accord VP/AT--this weekend if needed. I got a quote for $17,689 including destination charge, excluding tax and lic fees. I offerred $16,800 but the salesman said that there is no way he can accept this offer.

If you want someone to purchase another one with you to get better deal, we can definitely team up. I'm all for good bargain.
  • vp68vp68 Member Posts: 3
    I live in the northern suburb of Chicago too, If you like someone to purchase Accord VP/AT for getting a better deal, I can join you guys. I got a quote for $17,181 including destination charge, excluding tax and lic fees. Thanks!
  • luckylouluckylou Member Posts: 308
    Hi Sbabu. Could you tell me the name of the Tampa dealership.
    I am also looking to buy an 06 Accord EXL automatic with navigation. I am on the other side of Florida , close to Cocoa Beach.
    Thanks
    Lou
    Two things; he's buying a coupe, and hes not trading in.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    After reading the most recent postings where Accord VP's are being bought at $800.00 below invoice price which here is $17,782.00 I am envious of those folks who are able to purchase below $17,000.00 as the dealers in the Austin and San Antonio area say that $18,000.00 is the lowest price they can go. If anyone from the Austin/San Antonio or Corpus Christi area has bought this model recently for less would be most curious to learn what the price was and which dealer you purchased from.
  • macthor2macthor2 Member Posts: 11
    This is still much better than my internet quote. Can you please tell me which dealer gave you this quote? I requested several places last week, but got back only one quote. Don't know why the other dealers don't reply. Thank you very much.