Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• warwickwebbwarwickwebb Member Posts: 15
    One other thing - my new Accord came with pinstripes, but I really don't like them. Dealer said he could remove them anytime for me.

Is this as easy as he makes it sound? I.e. will there be any sign of the pinstripes on the paint after they remove them?

No idea why some dealers put these on all their cars.
  • stephbrostephbro Member Posts: 3
    anybody out there getting prices for this car w/out navi? my best is $26,370 + tax. it's on order...
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,946
    yes, they are easy to remove early in the car's life. Just don't wait too long as, over time, the paint on the car does fade (not really noticeable until you pull off the pinstripes and see it next to the unfaded paint underneath).

I don't know exactly how long it takes to see the difference, probably years. But better to do it sooner than later just in case.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Surprise. Looks like they extended the $750 rebate for another month......
  • realfanrealfan Member Posts: 4
    Was just offered $21,515 (OTD of $23,365). It was better than I expected. Any thoughts?
    I'm assuming that's a V4 without navigation. Also, I assume that price includes freight/destination?

The current invoice for that car is $22,496. So you're getting about $1,000 under invoice.

I was able to get about $1,700 under invoice for my V6 AT w/ navigation, so you should be able to do the same.

One caveat - I was doing a trade-in, so they may have cut me a slightly better deal for the new car in order to get a cheap trade-in. However, I've seen others on this thread get between $1,500 and $2,000 under invoice for a 2006 Accord.

Good luck!
  • badongbadong Member Posts: 3
    I got a 2007 Accord SE Auto $19835+tax& fees in Columbus OH. The out of door price is around $21438. I think this is pretty much the best I can get. Anybody else got a better deal?
  • nynewcarnynewcar Member Posts: 89
    Just drove home in our pretty new 2006 Accord EX-L! I will post some thoughts about the experience in the “Purchasing Strategies - Questions & Success Stories” discussion, but here’s a quick breakdown of the numbers in case anyone is still trying to close a deal on any remaining 2006’s.

First-time new car buyer and I couldn’t have done it without you! Thanks from the bottom of my penny-pinching heart! :D

Model: EX-L, 4 cylinder, automatic, 4-door, Graphite Pearl (dark gray) with gray leather interior
    Selling price: 21,093
    Destination charge: 595
    Total price: 21,688
    Tax: 1,816.37
    Doc charges: 202
    Total paid (OTD): 23,706.37

Tax in New York City is 8.375%. Documentation charges included DMV fees for plates and title (they actually "reimbursed" us $3, which the salesguy pulled out of his pocket with a flourish.)

It had 7 miles on the odometer when we picked it up. Purchased in cash, no trade-in. No extras – they didn’t offer, we didn’t ask.
  • flubflav31flubflav31 Member Posts: 12
    Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents to anyone who may find this useful:

I live in San Francisco, CA, and this was my first car purchase.
    I've been looking for a new car for about the past 5-6 weeks; been reading Edmunds.com info, looking at many of the postings on the Carspace forums.

I test drove the Prius, the Accord, and then the Civic two times. For each of these test drives I was surprised to find that I knew more about the car I was test driving then the salesperson. I didn't experience much pressure from any of them, as I told each of them when I walked in that I was only looking to test drive the car, and was not looking to buy that day or that week. I think giving people a heads up on that fact made it easier for me to escape any real sales pressure.

I finally decided on the Civic, and began to shop around more seriously, this time for good prices. I did almost all of this legwork over email, as I had determined from reading these forums that it was possible to find a good price, negotiate, and set everything up online before having to walk in and speak to someone (This was what I wanted b/c based on my test drives, I could feel how I wanted to spend as little face-time with salespeople as possible).

This emailing process began in mid-August, with the hope that I could buy the car towards the end of the month, possibly making out with one of those “end-of-the-month” better deals. I began to get what I thought were some decent prices from dealers in the Bay Area (~$20.5K before TTL).

After test driving the Civic for the 2nd time I decided that it just wasn’t as powerful as I wanted, plus I started to like the idea of power seats. I went back online and re-contacted the people I was dealing with and got some Accord Sedan EX 4cyl w/ Navi. price quotes (~$24K). By now its August 22nd or so, I begin to worry that there aren’t many ’06 Accords left in the area.

At this point I went into SF Honda to see what they actually had available, and to check out colors. I worked with a female salesperson that day, who was very nice, friendly, and didn’t put too much pressure on me, as I had told her that I was looking to buy within the next week or so. After seeing the only color they had: Graphite Pearl, I realized that I was more interested in the black, red, or blue. But if I could get a good price, I was OK with going w/ the Graphite Pearl. At this point I was handed over to one of the sales managers, or possibly a “closer”. This guy [I think I will leave names out here] came in and couldn’t have picked a worse tactic with me. He started off with some small talk, and within 3 minutes he began to lay down the “hard sell”. He told me how these cars were going fast, and that the price I had negotiated with the female salesperson was so good that he in fact was really not happy with the deal that had been worked out, but that he would do it anyway (as if I was doing him a favor by buying the car). I told him straight up that the Graphite was not my favorite color, and that if they could find a different color in the area, that we could work from there, as I preferred to buy from them rather then have to do a lot of driving around.
    He went back to his office and checked on some things and came back and said that he had checked all around the Bay Area and the colors that I was looking for were simply not available, and that the only ones around were in Southern CA. I believe at this time that we discussed the possibility of him securing one of those cars and having it sent up, but he shut that topic down, saying that it just wouldn’t be worth it for them, given the price we had set up. We sat down again and the guy really turned on the heat, saying: “Look, I’ll make this really easy for you, you’ve got a great deal here, the Graphite Pearl is a good color, and you can drive out of here today with it; you’ll get over the color thing, and in 5 years you won’t even remember that issue, so you just have to bite the bullet on that one, and step up and make this deal”. His other comments at this time were in a similar vein, all centered around the theme of it being necessary that I suck it up and man up, and step up, and buy this car at this price.

Now, at this point, I’m not sure how this story reads, but I was feeling a bit angry, a bit overwhelmed, and a bit boxed in. I also had the thought in my mind that perhaps things might have gone differently in this interaction had I told the sales guy (or he had asked me) what I do for a living. Not that my chosen profession bestows upon me a saintly disposition or an ability to read minds, but the fact is that I am a psychologist. And my touchy-feely sensitivities made it rather easy for me to not only understand the sales tactics being employed, but also allowed me to listen to my own feelings and act accordingly. So, I politely told the guy that I needed some time alone to think, and walked up and checked the cars out for a bit, before coming back and thanking him for his time and leaving the dealership.

Soo, back to the drawing board I went. I got on the phones now to check out the veracity of the guy’s claim that the car and color I was seeking was not available in the area. Turns out that he actually was on the level for that one. During my calls, I got what I thought was a very good deal for an 06 Accord 4cyl Sedan EX-L w/ Navi. ($23,600, including fog lights option). So I went back to the same dealership from before, hoping to work with a different salesperson to see if they could match that price. I spoke with a different sales manager who pretty much told me I was lying when I gave him the price I had been quoted from another dealership. He then went to his computer and said he would check to see what kind of price they could do for me. He came back with a price higher than the one his co-worker had been offering me the day before; I told him this and he said, well we just can’t make that deal. I said that I preferred to buy from them, b/c the other dealership was about an hour’s drive away, and I honestly didn’t feel like doing the drive if they could come close to my quoted price. He told me that if that price was for real, that I should take it. Once again, I walked out feeling like these guys just didn’t want my business. And they didn’t get it.

I went back to the phones that night, and during my many calls I came across several dealerships who encouraged me to consider switching from the 4 cyl. to the V6 based upon the price quotes I was getting. I was able to find a dealership about an hour outside of my home that was giving me what I thought was an excellent price on a 2006 Accord EX-V6 Sedan AT w/ Navi., and in the color I wanted. I had also decided that I wanted the Honda Music Link system to go along w/ my only other option: fog lights. The price I was quoted (w/ both of these options included) was about $26K. I called up Honda of Oakland and spoke
  • jlum866jlum866 Member Posts: 25
    Sorry to hear about your experience. Do not know what finally happen? Can you finish your post? Also I was wondering what price did you get from SF Honda on that 06 Accord I4 EX-L w/navi 4dr sedan? Thanks
  • brian87brian87 Member Posts: 3
    I recieved a quote for a 07' Accord SE 4 CYL for $20587 plus Tax, Title, License Plates, and $80 Doc Fee. Does this sound resonable? The guy seemed like he was ready to deal as he was curious to what other dealerships were offering. I seen a large variety of prices on here for the SE so it's hard to tell.

ps. I live in the Iowa area, but I have a traveling job.
    Ahhhh!
    That sux; my post was so long that when I cut and paste it from the word document I was typing it into, it didn't take the end. Sorry about that; I'll add the final part in a bit!
  • accordorcivicaccordorcivic Member Posts: 6
    From Valley Honda (Chicago suburb),

Our tax rate here is 6.5% ( chicago 7.75 %)
    invoice on LX Accord coupe 2007 $19914.00 minus 750.00
    invoice on EX Accord coupe 2007 $21869.00 minus 750.00
    which one do you want? any color?Any time and date!

Opinions?
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    Well, that pretty much wipes out the "use no name" rule. :blush:
    Ya, I figured that I would just leave out the names of the individuals that I was giving negative feedback on, not the ones I was saying nice things about!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,129
    Well.. the good part is.. You'll have a chance to make up for it.. ;)

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

lol... I hope he saved the Word document. That was a long post. :)
    SORRY!
    That post was so long that when it posted, I didn't realize that it got cut off at the end (And I got re-educated on the no-names rule!). Here is the 2nd half (the first paragraph italics is the last paragraph before it was cut off):

I went back to the phones that night, and during my many calls I came across several dealerships who encouraged me to consider switching from the 4 cyl. to the V6 based upon the price quotes I was getting. I was able to find a dealership about an hour outside of my home that was giving me what I thought was an excellent price on a 2006 Accord EX-V6 Sedan AT w/ Navi., and in the color I wanted. I had also decided that I wanted the Honda Music Link system to go along w/ my only other option: fog lights. The price I was quoted (w/ both of these options included)
    was about $26K. I called up Honda of Oakland and spoke
    to a very courteous and professional sales manager who told me that he would see if they could possibly come close to matching that price. He called me back a few minutes later and quoted me a price that was about $1100 higher then the quote I had from the other dealership; he also told me that they did in fact have one of the colors I was looking for (Sapphire Blue Pearl). I called back the other dealership to find out that they only had the Graphite Pearl left in stock. So now I was stuck. Oakland Honda had a color I wanted, but for $1100 more, while a separate dealership (which was also further away) had a color I wasn't as excited about, but with a better price. I called the Oakland guy back up and pretty much was honest with him about where I was at. We spoke for a bit, and he said that he would be able to knock off another $300 off his price. So now I was looking at buying a 2006 Accord EX-V6 Sedan, AT, w/ Navi., including fog lights & the iPod system for a price of $25,821.85. At this point I went back and forth for awhile, trying to decide how important the
    color thing was for me. I called the Oakland guy back and agreed to the deal and told him I would be coming in within the hour. When I got to Oakland Honda, I was handed off to a salesperson that the manager had told me was very good. To my surprise this guy was in fact the nicest, most professional, and most knowledgeable of any of the roughly 20 salespeople that I had interacted with during this process (A guy up at Manly Honda was also especially easy to deal with). We took the V6 for a test drive and this Oakland salesguy peppered me with various specifications, pros and cons of the car as we drove; many of his comments were additionally pieces of information that I had not known before hand. We got back to the dealership and again I was pleasantly surprised that not only were they sticking w/ the price that I had negotiated over the phone, but they were generally easy going and did not put pressure on me to make the deal that day. After some consultation w/ my brother and girlfriend, I decided to make the deal. The salesguy threw in mud flaps and wheel locks on top of what I was already getting. I was sent over to a finance guy, who also was very professional, and who didn't put too much pressure on the different options which they offered (most of which I declined).
    After doing all of the signings, I drove out with an amazing looking car that I was simply giddy over (I think my girlfriend is becoming jealous of the female-voiced Nav. System!).
    Pricing:
    Cash Price: $25,821.85 (includes parts and installation of fog lights + iPod link system)
    Document Fee: $45.00
    Sales Tax: $2232.26
    License Fee: $171.00
    CA Tire Fee: $8.75

Out The Door Total: $28,341.86

So in looking back on my whole car buying experience, I will say that I think that I did obsess a little too much at times, as there were nights that I was kept awake going over things. But in the end I feel really good about the car that I ended up with, and I felt very comfortable buying from this dealership. The three people whom I dealt with were especially easy to work with and treated me the way that all of us customers would like to be treated during this process: I was never pressured, and I was always treated with respect and courtesy. As I said, I am super excited about the car that I have, and I have already received several compliments on the color, which I'm glad that I ended up with. Reading various posts on this and other forums was incredibly helpful to me, as I was able to keep some of the different ideas and themes in mind during my test driving & negotiating. For me, as a first time buyer, this purchase was a very big deal, and I'm glad that I spent the time doing the online research that I did. Hope someone is able to get something useful out of this long post, and sorry about having had it split into two parts!
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Glad you got the color and car that you wanted, but you must be exhausted! All that time and energy and missed sleep is more than I'd ever deal with. Luckily, I knew what I wanted and had the price boundaries(?) established in my head. I also knew that if I couldn't get my color and price, that I would walk and buy something else.
    I do envy your tenacity in getting just what you wanted though!

The Sandman (tired from just reading those posts!) :):)
  • ltmeltme Member Posts: 2
    Stay away from the cars made in Mexico. I recently bought one and it has been in the dealers shop for a total of 15 days and counting (third time in the shop and still there). The dealer was very slick on this (I think they know that they have big problems with the mexican made cars). They did the test drive and look over in a Japanese made LX Special Edition. Once the deal was done (no special editions left so I got an LX, the one that we test drove had over 400 miles on it so I did not want it) I found out that the car was made in mexico. I did not even know that they were made there. I questioned the salesman about this and he said that their statistics show that the cars from mexico are just as good as the cars made in the US or Japan and that they are the same car. This is not so. They have tried to fix one problem (of many) several time and have not been successful (has to do with the front passenger seat and the air bag sensors). I asked for a new seat rather than have them repeatedly taking this thing apart and re-assembling it. They said no but every time they worked on it, it got worse. They finally decided to get a new seat out of a Japanese or US made car and put it in mine. They then discovered that the seat in the mexican made car was not made the same as the US and Japanese cars so they could not be interchanged. They have also told me that a couple of the problems with the car can't be fixed (has to do with the body sheet metal and improper fit up of seals). I asked the dealer about getting a new car (Japanese made only) and was told that I had to talk to Honda America about that. I called them, they started a case on my car and told me that the case manager would call me back in 24-48 hours. That was 10 days ago and I have not heard from him. I have called him 5 times during this period and he has not returned my call. This is my first and probably will be my last Honda. This experience is far worse than any that I have had with any US or foriegn car company in my 35 years of driving.
  • louisnlouisn Member Posts: 110
    You should reduce your problems and attempts to cure them well as Honda's feeble responses (including their failures to call you back) to writing and mail it certified to the appropriate region (zone) listed in your manual with a copy to your dealer. Start writing everything down including dates and times of all contacts and attempts to contact Honda in detail.
  • jko28jko28 Member Posts: 4
    I took my EX Coupe to another dealer and spoke with the body shop manager. He told me that he thought what the imperfections on my paint were. He said it was where the glue had been placed to hold the white plastic on when the cars are in transit. He said that if I take it back to the dealer where I purchased the car and tell them I want it detailed right this time, that all the imperfections will be gone. I don't think this is correct, because I have washed and tried to wax out the "glue spots" and they're still there. I've been getting the run around from my dealer as well . . . all I can say is that when you purchase a new Honda, PLEASE fill out the survey that comes from corporate and be brutally honest!! They supposedly take these surveys seriously and will check directly with the dealer regarding any complaints. I have yet to receive my survey though. I've been a Honda owner since 1986 and this is the first time I've had any significant problems. I'm really frustrated and I've only just begun. If anyone is considering a lemon law type action, please let me know. Thanks.
  • jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    to writing and mail it certified to the appropriate region (zone) listed in your manual with a copy to your dealer.

Send the letter to the CEO (by name). He, of course, won't get to read it, but one of his secretaries will and s/he will call the appropriate zone office.

The zone district manager will react much faster to a call from the CEO's office than he would just getting a letter from a customer.

But, as suggested, don't just call...you got to put it in writing.
  • xplorxplor Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    I am planing to buy a 2007 Honda Accord VP soon and has searched the web for a while. But I have not find price for the 2007 VP till now. Does anybody have the experience?

It seems that a good deal of Honda is a couple of hundreds below invoice. Is this the OTD price or should I add maybe about $1500 TTL in addition to that price?

Could anybody tell me information about some good dealers in Atlanta are?

Thanks for your help,
    Glad to see that you got the car you wanted. I was in a similar situation as you(almost identical, very eerie). But my experience at SF Honda was totally different. I dealt with the internet sales manager and worked out pricing with her before she took the final offer to her boss to get it approved. There was no pressure from her whatsoever. I never saw her boss because my offer was accepted. Goes to show that within a dealership you can get treated different ways. I guess many factors are involved here. Guess you have to be in the right place at the right time. Also if you do not think you are being treated right, go elsewhere. After all, you have spending a lot of money and you should not have to deal with bs. Hope you enjoy your car.
    Sorry to hear about your problem. I have used this cleaner on really sticky gooey tree sap and have gotten everything off with no problems. It is 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner (# 08984). It is safe for autos. I bought it on Amazon.com. You can also get it off Ebay. I am told this is what the professional detailers use to clean up cars. Good luck.
  • amaoamao Member Posts: 38
    How to tell where the car was made? I thought no accord in US market was made in Japan any more.
  • hbarnetthbarnett Member Posts: 1
    Sounds good to me. I was at the dealership this evening looking at the same car and was told the invoice price (which inlcudes destination charge of $595) was 18,200--but that they couldn't sell it for that.

I am definitely not paying more than that.
  • tamu2002tamu2002 Member Posts: 758
    You might want to look for an 06 model. We got ours for $16300 manual a few days ago when there was a $750 rebate. Don't know if the dealer would still honor that now.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,946
    i'm pretty sure its on the window sticker.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• brupopbrupop Member Posts: 63
    The Manufacturer to Dealer Marketing Support for 2006 Accords of $750 for the sedans and $1,250 for the coupes now runs through October 2.
  • vai1vai1 Member Posts: 1
    one owner, 700 miles, dealer offer $17000+ttl. Is this good or bad deal?
    Just think....why would anyone buy a new car, drive it for only 700 miles and then trade it in?

You could be buying someone's else problem.

I, for one, would only think of buying it if I knew the original owner and exactly why it was traded in.

Like the guy died and his widow sold it. :D
  • jikjik Member Posts: 144
    why are you deducting 750. I thought that was for 06 only.
    I saw couple getting below 20 K.

19.493 and 19.288

Does that mean dealers are selling below invoice price of 20.088
    for 07 SE Auto.

I assume the 750 rebate is not applicable.
  • amaoamao Member Posts: 38
    jik, where did you see these prices? Destination included?

I was thinking to buy the 07 CR-V when I first saw its pictures. But now, after reading edmunds first review, I am disappointed by the fact that there is no upgrade or major improvement about its engine.
  • raul07raul07 Member Posts: 3
    what is the best price for a 2007 accord EXL with navi?
    the best i could get from a dealer was $25000 + tax nd license.
    is 25000 a good deal?
    Invoice is 24900.
    TMV is 27200.
    i live in Orange county,CA.
    Plz help.
  • ltmeltme Member Posts: 2
    louisn,

Thanks for the suggestion but they don't put that information in the manuals (or their web site) now. They recommend that you go to the BBB for arbitration (I started that process this morning). The car was in the dealership's shop for 19 days and I still have 4 unresolved problems. Hopefully the mediator can resolve this and get my money back on this car. I will NEVER purchase another Honda again. They may manufacture very good cars in the US and Japan but you are out of luck if you have a problem with any of them. Watch out for the cars made in Mexico.
    What is easiest way to know where it is manufactured.

Parts could be in mexico and assembled could be usa??
  • raul07raul07 Member Posts: 3
    i just got another price quote from another dealership.he said he can give me the car for $24.400. what do u guys think? is it a good deal?
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    I was going to ask the same thing.
    I just checked CarsDirect and in my area, the price is about $24,900 for a 4 cylinder EXL with automatic and navigation and since the 2006s are still on the lots, I think the best deals on a 2007 are not here yet. I think I may wait a few months more until all the 2006 Accords are gone Honda adds some incentives to the 2007s so I might be able to get a 2007 EXL AT with Nav for closer to 24K (what a 2007 4 cylinder Camry XLE without options goes for in my area). If I could get the Accord with automatic and nav for that price, I'd probably take it despite being the older design ready be replaced next year and lacking the Bluetooth and AUX input to the stereo like a 2007 Camry would have.
    I suppose market pricing and discounting varies regionally, but $24,400 sounds good for someone buying right now as long as that price is not based on them making the money back on a trade-in, marked-up financing, exaggerated advertising and doc fees, extended warranty and other dealer add-ons and junk fees
  • higuyhiguy Member Posts: 2
    Sales price: $19,558.00
    Sales Tax: $1,222.38
    Fees: $226.10
    drive out: $21,006.48

They have 2006 Accord LX for around $1200 less, however I found out that the 06 model was assembled in Mexico. Finally, picked the 07 one.
    The sales lady tried to sale me the 8year/100,000mi honda care service for $1,095. Not sure about it. Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks!
  • rajuv1rajuv1 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking for this model too and I am in So California Car prices are the only thing that are lower here than the rest of the nation. The best deal I am getting is $500 below invoice or $19,050 with destination charges.

Is this a good price?

I will be visiting some dealerships this weekend. How can I determine that the car is not made in Mexico?

Thanks.
  • xplorxplor Member Posts: 6
    I got a quote on 2006 Honda LX automatic for $19600 OTD.
    Is it a decent price?
  • higuyhiguy Member Posts: 2
    It is in the window sticker.
  • rajuv1rajuv1 Member Posts: 4
    19600 OTD is a great price. Which dealr is this? Is it in Soothern CA?
  • ytroiytroi Member Posts: 4
    I bought this new car 2007 EX-L 4cyl AT . When I came to the dealer to give the cash and get the car, I found out the car I'm to get already had 359 miles already . I asked the saleman, he said "Transportation from different city". Is this a normal thing, or should I ask for a different one ?
  • orlandobuyerorlandobuyer Member Posts: 16
    I live in Orlando, FL and I've been shopping around the past few weeks.

After I decided on the Accord, I went to Coggin Honda here in Orlando. I tried to be straight with the salesman. I explained that I was willing to pay TMV total taxable amount for an 06 V6 EX-L with auto-trans but wasn't willing to negotiate for more (accessories, fees, etc.)

I regret trying to deal with a floor salesman rather than an internet guy. After being jerked around enough, I walked out on him. I felt somewhat bad since he had spent 2 days showing me different vehicles etc and was a nice enough guy. But I gave him a fair shot and he squandered it. I warned him that I was an informed buyer and very short on patience for game playing, but he didn't seem to get it.

After having followed up with a manager there, I am of the opinion that Coggin is definitely not the place to go if you want a good deal. I would never ever buy anything from them after my experiences there.

I spoke with a salesman at Classic Honda, another area dealership and I got the same shady vibe from him as I got from the Coggin people. To be fair though, I didn't spend long enough at Classic to say for sure that they are a bad place to shop. I will probably go to them for service.

I'm glad that I walked out on the Coggin guy, because I found this forum. I read the more recent posts here and realized that I could probably get a good enough deal on a V6 with navi. I started emailing all over the state, resolved to get the best possible price on a 2006. I weeded out all the B.S. quotes that left room for games at the dealership.

After getting what I figured was a good enough price on an 06 from an out-of-town dealership, an internet rep from Space Coast Honda in Cocoa emailed me and told me to give him a chance to sell me an 07 at or close to the best price I had been quoted on the 2006.

I ended up with a 2007, carbon bronze with ivory leather OTD, including TTL for 29,225. Total taxable amount once you back out Florida tax and title was around 27,300. I don't know that I could've gotten a much better deal anywhere while the 06 models are still on the lots. I offered the manager at Coggin a higher price than what I ended up paying at Space Coast and he turned me down flat. The best part about the whole experience is that there was no BS involved whatsoever. I was there less than 10 minutes before I had a handshake deal. They only slipped in an extra $25 into the final contract, which I didn't really have the heart to fight over after everything the past few weeks.

I put down a deposit and will take delivery next week after I get my financing check. I will post back in here after I actually pick up the car. I think I got a decent deal. Let me know if you all agree.
    This kind of thing happens when you want a model that the dealer doesn't have. I'm very particular about this so I find the dealer with the car I want rather than have the dealer find the car and have it driven to them.

The decision is yours... my way isn't the only way.
    "Transportation from different city".

Probably a demo that was driven by 50 or 60 different potential buyers.

I would ask the salesman "what city...what dealer"?

If he doesn't say refuse the car. If he does call that dealer directly and try to verify.