Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    luckydevilluckydevil Member Posts: 5
    I am now thinking of leasing instead of buying because of a "lease special" posted on the Honda website. Does anyone know what is so special about the lease special? Maybe there is another forum that addreses the accord leasing?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,196

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mogweemogwee Member Posts: 3
    2007 Honda Accord EX-L 4cy (Auto)
    Price: $21,500 plus Fees
    Total drive out will be $23,463 (Orange Co tax @ 7.75%)

Price includes wheel locks, mud locks, paint protection, and sunroof visor.

Offer is good for today only... should I do it or wait until the 30th? :confuse:

Thanks
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Got your email yesterday and responded, will re-send the information.
  • Options
    c130mikec130mike Member Posts: 5
    According to my math that means you're paying $21,775 after fees. To me that is OTD, tax can't be negotiated. I paid $22.200 last month and was very happy with my deal. You're beating that by $425 plus getting some options thrown in (I did get window tint). I doubt you'll do much better on the 30th. You will probably do better in a few months as they get more and more eager to push the 07s, but you will probably lose some selection... catch 22. Me, if I really had found the car I wanted at that price, I'd take it. Good luck on whatever you decide!
  • Options
    ncruzerncruzer Member Posts: 18
    priyathy,

Congratulations $24,503, OTD excellent deal.

:shades:
  • Options
    camposhcamposh Member Posts: 1
    Thank you all who provided a wealth of info on these pages. It's time for me to give back to the community with my experience.

Just bought a 2007 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr 4cyl (2.4L) Auto, w/o Navi. No alarm.

Greater Los Angeles area, CA. Dealer, Honda of Pasadena. Excellent experience with the sales process (surprising).
    No Trade-In. No financing.
    Invoice: $22,103
    Destination: $595
    Tax (CA 8.25%): $1,877
    Title/Registration/Doc/Other Fees: $275
    Total OTD: $24,850

Dealer opened with $25,795. I countered $24,620. Dealer countered $24,900. We settled for $24,850. Put $3,500 on a credit card, and $21,350 by check.

I believe this is an O.K. deal, and I hope this post is useful to you.

Thanks, and good luck.
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Well, you paid invoice, which makes your deal about $1,000-$1,500 above what others in this forum are paying.
  • Options
    mdkodmdkod Member Posts: 5
    Purchased today (4/14/07) at Santa Ana Honda

$25,200.00 including destination, splash guards, wheel locks, floor mats, trunk tray.

Other offers I received:
    $25,374 including destination - Santa Monica Honda
    $25,488 + fees - Airport Marina Honda (they offered to go a little lower but I got bad vibes from that location)

Miller Honda in Culver City seemed to be aggressive with pricing. They offered to beat the Santa Ana price but I didn't have a documented offer from that dealership.

I was very happy with Santa Ana Honda. Everyone was very nice about the whole purchasing experience. They also have a lot of cars. One of the bigger dealerships I've seen on compared to the West Los Angeles dealerships. Plus they have new magangement looking to move cars at lower prices.
  • Options
    dreamchaser321dreamchaser321 Member Posts: 24
    That's a great deal! What was your total price (including taxes, license, etc)?
  • Options
    sunshine20sunshine20 Member Posts: 20
    I was quoted on a 2007 Honda Accord EXL V6 $24,599.00 - I'm thinking that's a pretty good deal?? Is it?
  • Options
    Is this before fees, taxes, etc...? If so, its not exactly terriffic. Check out the prices being paid for EX V6s with Navigation, they arent much higher than yours WITHOUT Navi.
  • Options
    Yes, this is before fees, taxes, etc. Thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    Again, it's not terrible, just not great. $24,000 before taxes would be more decent. Shoot for $1,000-$1,500 under invoice, which is fairly typical lately it seems. Dealers are selling for little profit to ensure they get a big allotment of the highly profitable 2008 Accords later this year. Invoice is about $24,800 on this car, so they were only giving you $200 under. There is a $750 incentive on this car right now, that the dealer isn't giving you all of. if you drop your price by $750 I'd say you'll be in good shape.
  • Options
    What would be the approximate savings if I waited for year end sales? Would that save me approx $1,000.00 or $2,000.00 or $3,000.00 or more??

I've just begun my car search and don't NEED one at the moment so I was thinking of simply waiting til the 08's hit the market in hopes of getting a better deal on an 07 - Thanks!
  • Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    What would be the approximate savings if I waited for year end sales?

It is so hard to predict year-end prices because it really depends on the dealer, your area, inventory, etc. If you are getting $1000 - $2000 below Edmund's invoice, you really can't complain. They aren't going to give them away so $3000 below may be unreasonable.

Also, when you wait for the end of the model year, you won't have as much chance of getting the color or exact trimline you want. And you may end up with a car that has a few miles on it.

If you aren't too picky, you may gamble and get a GREAT deal this summer.
  • Options
    mdkodmdkod Member Posts: 5
    Tax 8.25%
    Document Fees $55.00
    License Fees $230.00

I purchased an alarm for $395.00 due to a "special" agreement which I don't want to disclose publicly.

Total fees: $28004.88
  • Options
    Is anyone familiar with this? Costco has an auto buying program with selected dealerships in your area that are participants. I was able to research the vehicle on Costco.com I am after (07 Honda Accord EXL V-6) to show Invoice of $25,414.57 w/o navigation/ MSRP $27,995.00. Costco then will connect me with a salesperson who has their own "Costco Price Sheet" for a specific car. I would imagine its lower than Invoice, but then again, I'm new at this and am wondering if anyone has used this service and how did you make out in pricing???
    Thanks!
  • Options
    chirocatchirocat Member Posts: 73
    I'm interested as well, my email is p38m@hotmail.com.
  • Options
    Costco Auto Buying Program

I don't know if it has changed but I could do better than the Costco price on my own last year. IIRC, Costco prices were several hundred dollars over Edmunds invoice. There was no dealer incentive at the time so I don't know how that affects things now.
  • Options
    mogweemogwee Member Posts: 3
    Thanks C130Mike, I did get the car, she's beautiful!!! :blush:
    (Graphite Peal)
    OTD= $23,467.26

I bought from Buena Park Honda in Orange County, the sales guy was great. (He even added in a plastic Honda truck tray for free).

-Mogwee
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Pricing varies based on the deal negotiated with the local dealer. The Costco price in one area does not apply nationwide.
    You can sign up for the auto buying plan and find out the local price with no obligation to buy.
  • Options
    For a 2007 Honda Accord, you could probably get a better price on your own. The Costco auto buying program is good for newer models (i.e. 2008 Honda Accord) where the prices are more firm.
  • Options
    ballroomdancerballroomdancer Member Posts: 34
    Earlier this month I purchased a 2007 Honda Accord 4dr SEDAN (NOT the coupe) EX-L 6-Cy Automatic Transmission with Navigation for $25,061.76 (NOT INCLUDING TAX AND TAGS).
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Are these prices with a 4 cylinder or V-6? Are these prices for a SEDAN or the COUPE?
  • Options
    Was this price for a Sedan or a Coupe?
  • Options
    ric5ric5 Member Posts: 6
    Hi everybody,
    I'm trying to calculate the dealer's net cost for an Accord EXL 4 cyl Automatic sedan . Edmund's invoice price is $23,291. If I subtract the dealer holdback (3% or $750 of base MSRP) and subtract another 750 for the currently offered incentive of paying cash (no financing), I am left with dealer cost of about 21791 (includes destination). Is this correct? Have I missed something? The thing is, about half the prices that people report paying in this forum are less than that. I understand that on rare occasions a dealer will sell a car at less than his cost, but should we expect it? Or am I missing something? Could it be that some of the prices reportedly paid are for coupes? Thanks
  • Options
    georgporschegeorgporsche Member Posts: 12
    I just purchased a 2007 Accord VP for 17,308 plux tax and title.
  • Options
    The thing is, about half the prices that people report paying in this forum are less than that.

I've said it before, so I don't want to sound like a broken record to some...

There are too many variables in the price a dealer may pay and then pass on to buyers, especially at this time of year and for the Accord specifically. Dealers know that their inventory of 08s will be based on how many 07s they can sell now. There may be hidden incentives for them. Cars may be on the lot for a long time so it is costing them more to keep it in inventory, etc. There are also variables in different states or regions.

As for posters here, there are also many variables. Some may post a price that includes a trade. The dealer may offer a great price on the new car but give them a lousy trade-in price. SOME posters (certainly not all) may not be giving the complete price. High doc fees, lots of options that they may forget to mention (and on which the dealer makes a lot of profit), etc.

The bottom line: It's a great time to buy an Accord! :shades:
  • Options
    Thank you. You've answered my question very well.
  • Options
    $25,061.76 (NOT INCLUDING MARYLAND TAX AND TAGS).

No trade-in. Did not use Dealer Financing. There were no "Dealer Incentives" being offered.
    Earlier this month (April 7th, 2007) I purchased this 2007 Honda Accord 4dr SEDAN (NOT the coupe) EX-L 6-Cy Automatic Transmission with Navigation for $25,061.76 (NOT INCLUDING MARYLAND TAX AND TAGS).

The options below are NOT included in the pricing information given above but were dealer installed and come with a (THREE YEAR WARRANTY):

$138 Splash Guards
    $ 76 Wheel Locks
    $125 Pinstripe
    $399 Body Side Molding Trim (as well as Fenderwell trim and door edge trim)
    $587 Rear Wing Spoiler
    $440 Fog Lights
    $ 97 Hood Switch Kit (update: I got my money back from the dealer on this option because this item is STANDARD on this model. It is INCORRECTLY listed as being an OPTION).
    $ 61 Cargo Net

$980 Eight (8) year Extended Honda Care Warranty (with ZERO DEDUCTIBLE). Very important! If something goes wrong with your voice command Navigation System or electronics (which is also tied into your radio, A/C system, etc.) you're up a very expensive creek! Just about every dealer wanted to charge between $1,200 up to $2,300 for the eight year extended warranty and that did NOT include a ZERO deductible.

$300 Paint and Leather Protection Package (includes exterior and interior REPAIRS). It must be dealer installed. Go to the Honda Accord EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR FORUMS http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.ef0053a/ Click on "Accord Exterior Issues" or "Accord Leather Questions" in this web site and you will learn why this option should NOT be left off your vehicle but don't pay the $695 going dealer rate. It comes with a 7 year lifetime renewable warranty. This is NOT a wash and wax product.)

Hope this helps
  • Options
    There were no "Dealer Incentives" being offered.

Is the $750 dealer incentive no longer in effect?
  • Options
    No, that ended March 31st (at least it did here in Maryland). I purchased the vehicle on April 7th, 2007. Several of the dealerships tried to get me to buy TODAY (during the month of March) on the presumption that I would miss out on the "incentive" in order to create "urgency". But I knew that if I stuck to my plan, I would get a better deal in the end and I did. All offers made WITH the dealer incentive were about $1,500 higher. I'm in sales and I know that all of the "incentive offers" are just a bunch of hype to create urgency to keep you from stalling and MOST IMPORTANTLY, to keep you from shopping for a better price.
  • Options
    Hi Everybody,
    This is a great forum and has been very helpful to me. I just bought a 2007 Accord EXL 4 cyl AT sedan in cool blue metallic at Honda Carland in Roswell, Georgia. I paid 23380 out the door broken down as follows: price 21332, cust service fee 499, 7% sales tax 1528, title fee & lemon law 21. Thanks for all your help.
  • Options
    Hi Everybody,

I just bought a Honda Accord EXL 4 cyl sedan AT. It does NOT have EX logo on the rear. Is that correct? Or is there a problem? Thanks
  • Options
    No prob at all...most of the 2006 / 2007 that I've seen don't have their trim labels (LX, EX, etc) on them. However, if you purchased an EXL and it came with steel wheels instead of alloy and no moon roof it's a good sign that it's probably an Accord LX.
  • Options
    Today, I've heard from a friend that works at Honda that the 2008 Accord won't be arriving until September...suspect better deals for the 2007 Accords will be coming later this year. I'd suggest that if you don't NEED a car right now to wait for a few more months.
  • Options
    hondaguy67hondaguy67 Member Posts: 66
    the dealer incentive is still in effect. there is a $750.00 dealer cash on accords except if you take the special financing then the $750.00 goes away.

this will be in effect at least until the end of april.
  • Options
    jcash2dsjcash2ds Member Posts: 29
    this will be in effect at least until the end of april forever
    :blush:
  • Options
    mattgg1mattgg1 Member Posts: 191
    ballroomdancer -

It looks like you were misinformed by the dealers, as the $750 dealer cash did NOT end in March. It continues through the end of April and will likely be in effect until all 2007 models are gone.

"Marketing Support
    $750 Cash to Dealer
    start: 03/01/2007
    end: 04/30/2007
    Restrictions
    Vehicles sold utilizing this incentive program DO NOT qualify for Special AHFC Lease/Purchase Plans or Regional 2007 Accord Special AHFC APR.
    Comments
    Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement."

link title
  • Options
    steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Wow. Thats a lot of add-ons. Was your $25,061.76 price you posted contingent on you buying all that additional stuff? :surprise:
  • Options
    rocketman818rocketman818 Member Posts: 5
    Hi. Just wondering what a good price would be for a 2007 accord Ex-l V6 4dr automatic. Basically just looking for the basic cost not including destination fees, taxes, any extra options such as mud guards, spoiler, wheel locks etc. Also without the Navigation. This will help me will a start point to base my negotiation on. Thanks
  • Options
    blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    There were only three such vehicles quoted in this forum since early March. $24,000 seems like a good number, including only the $595 Destination charge.

Post #
    14205 11-Mar Boston, MA 24,200
    14419 28-Mar Dallas,. TX 24,414
    14500 31-Mar CA 23,614

The five with navigation averaged about $25,000. That's a better deal.
  • Options
    No, not at all. Thank you very much for asking.
  • Options
    Thanks for your comment. There will always be some kind of special offering to create "urgency" on the part of the buyer. An "incentive" (real or imagined) doesn't guarantee that you will get a better price on a vehicle. The salesmen are trained to get as much money as they can (which coincidentally has a direct affect on their commission). It always comes down to research, shopping and smart negotiation regardless of any incentive offerings (publicized or not).
  • Options
    When I click on your link,

http://www.edmunds.com/incentives/RebateController?styleid=100782944&popuppage=o- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - n

I see the following:

There are NO CUSTOMER . . . INCENTIVES available at this time.
    Marketing Support
    $750 Cash to Dealer start: 03/01/2007 end: 04/30/2007

It does not say “CASH TO CUSTOMER” and even if it did there would be no guarantee of a better price to the customer. It would still come down to the individual negotiating their own best price regardless of any incentive offer (real or imagined, "dealer participation" or not).

I was told by more than one dealer that I "had to buy" or I would absolutely miss out on a "ONE TIME" $750 dealer incentive which is only being offered until March 31st and then, "you will have to pay more AFTER March 31st!". Obviously, they can continue these offers for as long as they want and offer them as many times as they want (just to get you into the showroom, in front of them, where they can pressure you into buying "on their own terms" and on their own turf). I was not misinformed, they just wanted me to buy NOW and from THEM rather than continuing with my purchase plan. It's all designed to create urgency and means nothing in terms of savings if you are ill equipped to negotiate a good deal for yourself! Every one of the supposed "dealer incentive" offers were higher than my own personally negotiated offer.
  • Options
    dolfan1dolfan1 Member Posts: 218
    I agree that this is probably true, but with Accords already selling more than a grand below invoice, one has to wonder how much more they can be discounted. At some point they'd be losing money, & it's hard to imagine they're not far from it.
  • Options
    mattgg1mattgg1 Member Posts: 191
    Ballroomdancer -

In your original post, you mentioned that "There were no "Dealer Incentives" being offered." Someone asked you if the $750 dealer incentive was no longer in effect, and you said "No, that ended March 31st." You were misinformed about the incentive.

So that everyone is clear, the $750 dealer incentive did NOT end March 31st as suggested. It is in effect until the end of April.

You mention "they can continue these offers for as long as they want and offer them as many times as they want." This is also not accurate. The $750 incentive is offered to dealers by American Honda Motor Company. Honda Motor sets the incentive amount and the length of time it's offered. Dealers have no influence whatsoever on the amount or when it's offered.

You said "Every one of the supposed "dealer incentive" offers were higher than my own personally negotiated offer." Whether or not the dealer you purchased from explicitly told you, your negotiated offer included the $750 to the dealer.

Lastly, you mention "It would still come down to the individual negotiating their own best price regardless of any incentive offer." However, if the dealer cost is $750 lower (due to the incentive from the manufacturer), you should be able to negotiate a better price than if no incentive were available.
  • Options
    he8833he8833 Member Posts: 52
    Mattg1,

Lets not turn this into another pissing match like the other week, You both raise valid points. Ballroom was correct to point out that although he believed he did not receive the incentive: one can still effectively negotiate a dam good price, which is evident by what he paid. This is an important point to understand, just because a dealer may pressure one to buy so they dont miss out on an "incentive" its still possible get a great deal. Which he undoubtedly proved.

On the other hand you are also correct that the dealer incentive seems to be still active. Which is also extremely important to point out. The more information one has the better position they will be to negotiate. However, because the incentive is still active doesn't guarantee you will get any better of a price BUT you might be able to. This is also a point that I think is important to understand. If the incentive is active then trying using it your advantage but dont bank on being able to tack it on to their lowest offer. You should be able to like Mattgg1 suggested but thats an assumption.

I think several points that each of you raised serves a purpose, but it seems at times that both of you think your experiences are "how it works without question" Maybe I'm being a bit hard, but after the other weeks its hard not to.. I think both of you should keep rasising these points just in different contexts.
  • Options
    jcash2dsjcash2ds Member Posts: 29
    On the other hand you are also correct that the dealer incentive seems to be still active. Which is also extremely important to point out. The more information one has the better position they will be to negotiate. However, because the incentive is still active doesn't guarantee you will get any better of a price BUT you might be able to. This is also a point that I think is important to understand. If the incentive is active then trying using it your advantage but dont bank on being able to tack it on to their lowest offer.

I applaud your reasoning. You are correct, he8833, that one can negotiate a fantastic price w/o using the incentive as ammo. I do wonder though, because I am not familiar with the protocol, how does one use the incentive to their advantage? Yes, knowledge is power. But, let's say they offer you 22k. Do you counter with 21.25, telling them they know there is 750? Or do they just assume it is in play?