Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jmw977jmw977 Posts: 3
    I bought the 2005 Accord EX w/Leather, auto trans, no nav. last week in northern NJ for $21,700 - including destination, but not including sales tax, DMV fees.

I think the invoice on the car is 22,600, so these guys have a way to come down in my opinion.

Picking up the car tonight!! Good luck and happy shopping.
  • nash123nash123 Posts: 82
    To end the endless discussions about pricing etc (and partly because I love tabulations since I am an engineer) I propose to use the following template for all future quotes. All you need to do is copy this to your message and fill in the blanks. I included the possible answers in paranthesis. This covers all the options and would standardize all pricing info.

Trim: Accord (DX, VP, LX, EX) (2dr, 4dr)
    Engine: (4cyl, V6)
    Transmission: (AT, MT)
    Other options: (w/leather, w/o leather), (w/ Nav, w/o Nav) etc...
    Base price including destination charge ($515):
    Tax: ($)
    Title: ($)
    Doc Fee: ($)
    Other Fees: ($)
    Total OTD: ($)
  • ezshift5ezshift5 West coastPosts: 854
    ...but for the record (and good engineering practice), my destination charge was $460.

best...............ez
  • ashahashah Posts: 3
    sree,
    I also got the best quote from Open Road Honda. do they negotiate on top of insta quote...
  • I got a quote for $22 900... is this a pretty good deal?... thanks!
  • nash123nash123 Posts: 82
    Hmm, I thought the destination charge never changed. Where are you at? Maybe closer to the factory?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,896
    but we are a message board format, and want the information exchanged here so that it benefits all of our members, rather than being shared privately by e-mail. Additionally, including your email address in posts also risks your security by exposing it to those who will use it maliciously.

We also do not allow solicitations for "group buys."

All "e-mail me" posts have been removed.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• pgy76pgy76 Posts: 5
    Guys,

I'm looking to buy the Accord EX-V6. I have a quote from Open road in NJ @ $22,004 (not including destination). Has anyone seen better numbers from this dealership or any others in NJ? What are your thoughts on this price? What is a good OTD price? Any help/comment would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
  • I am also in the market for an Accord in NJ. Have used Open Road's InstaQuote too. Any opinions about the dealership?
  • capt41470capt41470 Posts: 38
    Hi
    Does anyone know a good resource of finding the lowest interest rates form banks?
  • dealneederdealneeder Posts: 19
    Phillyguy 6 and PGY76 - That is their base quote. Have either of you been able to get an OTD quote? DCH is offering a 22103 quote, NJ out the door around 24250. The only way to compare would be to get the OTD from Open Road. I have emailed repeatedly and not heard back. I have called only to get no answer and no voicemail - they aren't exactly the best businessmen in the world.
  • pgy76pgy76 Posts: 5
    Thanks for the response dealneeder. That $24,250 OTD price looks pretty good compared to the OTD provided to me by Open Road. They gave me an OTD price of $24,809 for the EX-V6 and $23,228 for the EX-L (auto - no navi). I had to speak to the internet sales person to get those numbers, wasn't easy though. My price includes NY sales tax since that's where I live. My numbers were given to me almost a week b4 the clearance sale. Is anyone seeing better prices NJ area?
  • Hi all,

Just wanted to share the deal I got on the purchase I just made today. I got this at Concord Honda in CA.

Honda Accord EX V6 with navi in automatic (silver) = 24,926
    Full Rear Spoiler = 565
    Package with Splash guard, wheel locks, trunk cargo tray = 190
    Doc Fee = 45
    License Fee = 230
    Tax = 2122.40
    OTD = 28,087.15
  • richards38richards38 Posts: 606
    Destination of $460 was what I paid when I bought my '04 Accord EX-L in August, '03, at the start of the 2004 model year.

A few months later, the destination fee was raised to $490, then raised again to $515 about year later.........Richard
  • $21.9K was OTD. It included tax, title, and license. I'm assuming that these items(title specifically) are generally refered to as "doc. fees." This is my first new car purchase so I'm a bit "wet behind the ears" when it comes to the terminology. After doing some research, this appeared to be a pretty good deal. I wanted a '05 WRX but was shell shocked when I called about insurance. I drove a certified Audi A4; nice car but sketchy quality and over priced. I paid less for a new car then I would have for the A4. The interior in the EX-L reminded be a lot of the A4. The Accord is a nice car... Initially, I thought it was boring at first glance. I changed my mind once I drove the 5spd. Its not fast but it is extremely comfortable. I'm taking it for a long trip this weekend and will report on my findings.

Most Mfg's are offering all kinds of rebate incentives but eliminated any financing specials. I heard Honda Financing pulled their rate specials last month. Any comments on rates?
  • Hi lowbearcat,

Would you care to detail out the price components that make up OTD (tax, lic, etc...). Your price is very low. I got a quote from Santa Ana Honda in CA of EX 4cyl coupe (no leather, no NAVI), with Mudguards, wheel locks ... $19,600 and they did not go down even 1 cent. And I considered this price as already good.

Thank you

andy
  • jluedejluede Posts: 34
    Just so people don't get confused, lowbearcat's price of $21,940 was for EXL 5 spd. So that should be taken into account if your shopping for an Auto. Also his deal which was detailed in an earlier post, included a trade-in. While he did add the $3,000 trade money back into when he posted the OTD price, its likely that he saved almost $200 off his tax price due to the trade in that would also need to be accounted for, for proper comparisons. As stated by several others, OTD comparisons aren't worth a whole lot unless the two parties are in the same region.
  • chronochrono Posts: 149
    Sorry OT but I'm using petagon federal. They seem to have the best rates for new and used at 4.5% for 60 months. https://www.penfed.org/index.asp
  • sree2sree2 Posts: 4
    Looks like it is final price.He quoted 17053 for accord 4dr LX automatic + 200 doc fees + 515 dest fee + taxes

is this a good deal
  • adamhoadamho Posts: 32
    I just bought my car here in Maryland at a great dealership..( Honda Accord EX-L auto 4cyl no navi)

This is the breakdown:

$21,140.00 price of the car
    $100.00 processing fee
    $1062.00 5% sales tax
    $192.00 tags
    -125.00 discount from dealership.

Total OTD $22,374.00
  • grace2grace2 Posts: 3
    I am in Northern California and this is the first time I have bought a car without my Dad's help so I am on my own and came to this forum. I want to know if the TMV is $20,513 and the cash to dealer incentive is $750, does this mean that i should be asking for the bottom line price to be $19,763? Then how much do I add on to that for OTD price and I want to lease for 36 months and know what the residual is for a lease to buy. I think I should negotiate the price of the car first, then the lease amount, right? I guess I want to know what the bottom line price is I should ask for before adding on the other things. Do I negotiate the price of the residual at the end of the 3 years too?

How do I calculate how much tax, license and tags are? Do I also have to add the destination charge of $515 in there somewhere before I have the final price?

I want to lease, have excellent credit, want to put $1,000 down and pay no more than $230 a month. Is that feasible? And is it dependent on what the residual is that is left after the 3 years?

I am thinking that if I wait until the end of August, I should be able to get a much better deal on leasing a 2005 since the 2006 cars come out in September, right? I may not be able to get the color I want, but I just want a basic 4 cyl cloth, no extras, Accord EX. Every dealer has given me a really high price until I say what it is on edmunds.com and they all have said that they will match that. But will I get a better deal if I wait until July 31st or August 31st? I am beginning to think that a young woman alone gets bad offered bad deals because I have been given prices that are SO high compared to edmunds.com and what people have been posting here. I don't want to be taken advantage of, so I figure knowledge is power.

Any one who can advise me or help me with this, would be greatly appreciated. I do not want to buy a car, just lease one. Thanks
  • so you got your car? where you got it? who was ur dealer? and how can i find it?
  • otis12otis12 Posts: 160
    Checked out carsdirect today, for an LX-V6 in North Jersey. It's now $4K off list, going for $20,4xx, down from $20,8xx about two months ago. I think this is the bottom as far as prices go. Anyone know which dealership carsdirect uses?
  • bayguybayguy Posts: 8
    I'm also in California. I don't know much of anything about an auto lease as it is just too complicated. I can say that the deals that are out there now are pretty damn good. I spent the day getting quotes from dealers all over the bay area for an Accord coupe EX auto. Selection is very limited now and most are not getting any more 05's so it's best to act now. I plan on buying next week as I finally found one with my choice of color in my own backyard. All the quotes I received are well below invoice.. To get tax, title, and DMV fees go to the DMV website and use their vehicle fee calculator. It works great.
  • dillydilldillydill Posts: 76
    Hello,

I am helping my brother buy his first new car in a looong time.

I have been quoted 20,349 for EX 4 cyl AT
    and 21,878 for EX-L 4 cyl AT
    This seems about 900 under invoice.
    Any thoughts on these two prices would be appreciated.

Dillydill
  • wardgb2wardgb2 Posts: 1
    Just totaled our 2000 Accord and need to replace it and going to buy 2005. Can you supply the dealer names in Chicago where you got these quotes?

Thanks
  • ajax2ajax2 Posts: 6
    Hi ,

I am now a proud owner of a '05 Accord LX. I noticed that the odometer reading was 039 miles on delivery from my local dealer in NY.

I was a little suprised that it was this high. Is this common or should I suspect there is some history to this car already!!

The car is doing good and I am happy with it. But just wanted to get the opinion of the experts out there for my next purchase!!

Ajax
  • enchiladaenchilada Posts: 40
    What is a good deal on this car right now? Have been considering the EX-L auto but now wondering if deals can be had on the EX-V6. There seem to be a lot more of them sitting on lots.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,371
    1) Include the destination charge in all calculations.. MSRP, Invoice, selling price, etc.. So, your TMV would then be $21,028...

2) Invoice on the car is $21,214... From postings on this board, I'd say invoice minus the $750 incentive is an achievable price.. Some people have been getting into the holdback, so I'd shoot for $20K, but be happy with $20,500 (including destination... including everything but tax and license).

3) Tax and license fees are set by the government.. All of these fees have to be delineated by the dealer... Just watch out for extra fees that don't belong to the government... If you are leasing, the tax is figured on the payment... Example: $250/mo. X 8.5% tax = $21.25/mo. tax..

4) I don't know what the residual and money factors are on this lease.. If you can get those numbers, we could calculate a payment.. Residuals aren't negotiable.. the bank sets them.. There is a "base" money factor that the dealer can't go under.. but, he can mark it up for extra profit.. Always insist on the base rate.

5) By "$1000 down", I assume you mean $1000 due at signing.. This will go to pay the first payment, security deposit and title/license/tag fees.... That is all you should pay at signing... It might be even less than $1000.. Don't offer to pay a set amount... just what is necessary. NO cap cost reductions.

6) You didn't mention mileage.... The residual will change based on number of miles allowed.. 12K/yr leases are cheaper than 15K/yr leases.

7) There will also be a $595 acquisition (bank) fee.. They should add this onto the selling price (cap cost).. It is another non-negotiable fee that goes to the bank.

8) I don't know the exact numbers, but I don't think you will get an EX for $230/mo.. that sounds more like LX territory.

If you post a message in Lease Questions, with the year, make, model, term and mileage allowance, Car_man will get back to you with money factors and residuals for that model..

Then, we can calculate a lease payment.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• enchiladaenchilada Posts: 40
    Adamho, congrats on your purchase. Well done!

Did you learn of any other additional incentives the dealer has right now that may not be published? Your price seems to indicate the dealer made about $120 on the deal (mostly gained in the processing fee), assuming $750 incentive and 3% holdback. I've constructed a spreadsheet that spits out the figures, based on assumptions that are rumored (holdback) and/or published (incentives).

What color did you end up with, just out of curiosity?